Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i dont know how you steam link at all

are there packs solely from steam linking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Nope, linking mobile to steam doesn't do anything

If you want those free packs, you need to link mobile to G+ or Facebook. As far as I can tell, the Steam client can't link to those accounts at all.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

inthesto posted:

Nope, linking mobile to steam doesn't do anything

If you want those free packs, you need to link mobile to G+ or Facebook. As far as I can tell, the Steam client can't link to those accounts at all.

Oh. I saw it in the achievements so I thought it was doable.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh. I saw it in the achievements so I thought it was doable.

link your steam account to mobile

link your mobile account to G+ or facebook

congrats enjoy your packs

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i used the device code option. seemed to work fine

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yeah I think I did the device link from emulated android to steam and got like 7 pack tickets. although maybe it ended up linking to my google account in the process of rerolling the one time idk

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

link your steam account to mobile

link your mobile account to G+ or facebook

congrats enjoy your packs

Yeah that was my initial question because it seemed like it could only go mobile - > steam. not steam - > mobile, but I guess I misread.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
in take two, i'm luna, and my mother and father are deathbrand and call of the void

and odin is the mean guy who won't go on an adventure with me :rip:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 1, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My bud turned me on to this for a bit of that CCG kick. I read the OP and see that rerolling to get cool cards is a thing but I'm a lazy bastard and went straight to Steam already oops.

What I did get from my burst of card packs though:

2x Tsubaki
1x Alexander
1x Lucifer
1x Mythril Golem

The Mythril Golem seems lackluster I think but I see Tsubaki and Alexander are good draws for a Swordcraft deck perhaps. There's something familiar and stressing all at once about the complete feeling of overwhelming when diving into a new CCG.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'm not sure if there's any functionality for Friends in the game yet, but should we start compiling IDs in the OP anyways? Mine is 591 812 724.

Pretty consistently pulling Legendaries rocks. I got a second Skullfane who I melted down to make a pair of Themis' Decrees my deck was missing.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My bud turned me on to this for a bit of that CCG kick. I read the OP and see that rerolling to get cool cards is a thing but I'm a lazy bastard and went straight to Steam already oops.

What I did get from my burst of card packs though:

2x Tsubaki
1x Alexander
1x Lucifer
1x Mythril Golem

The Mythril Golem seems lackluster I think but I see Tsubaki and Alexander are good draws for a Swordcraft deck perhaps. There's something familiar and stressing all at once about the complete feeling of overwhelming when diving into a new CCG.

Sword is pretty easy to make an aggro deck with, and in that deck Tsubaki is invaluable removal. You really want to hope for an Olivia soon though, since she changes the game if a match lasts long.

EDIT: Also wow turn on 60 FPS on Steam if you haven't already!

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 2, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
My number is 856 018 820.

As far as I can tell, you need to be friended to have a private match, but otherwise it doesn't do anything. No communication tools, for example.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Haven aggro feels so unfair despite being pretty drat simple. I'm glad I'm playing it.

I opened Otohime. I know I'd need two more but what's peoples' view on that midrange Sword list?
https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/mid-range-swordcraft

Zoness posted:

What classes are you drafting?

Sword when I can get it (rarely). After that, probably a tie between Forest, Shadow and Rune. Shadow has been my strongest so far but I'm still losing to sword. I feel like most of my decks either rarely get enough early drops and so I'm drawing too many 5s and wasting mana even when I try to prioritize early plays, or I get a good curve and then get blown out of the water by poo poo like Leonidas, Olivia, Otohime, etc.

Edit: Just got my first 4-1 in arena! .... I was sword. I lost to sword. I was matched almost exclusively against sword.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 2, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Sword when I can get it (rarely). After that, probably a tie between Forest, Shadow and Rune. Shadow has been my strongest so far but I'm still losing to sword. I feel like most of my decks either rarely get enough early drops and so I'm drawing too many 5s and wasting mana even when I try to prioritize early plays, or I get a good curve and then get blown out of the water by poo poo like Leonidas, Olivia, Otohime, etc.

Ok I'm mostly a shadow drafter and that was a problem I was running into when I was starting out, the solution is basically put a very high priority on 2's in shadow. If you get 2's with necromancy or procs don't hesitate to play them on curve anyway. Once shadow stabilizes it's very hard to fall behind.

Shadow has very high value 3-5 drops, and even higher value late drops, but ends up meaning that you want to emphasize 2's. Given how strong sword is, you also want to prioritize 2/2's or 2/3's over 2/1's (unfortunately shadow has a lot of 2/1's)

Also I just won a haven take two mirror in the best way. 2-0 against someone with the top selector flair. I finally drew my Enstatued Seraph with 3 cards left in my deck, in a position where I couldn't feasibly swing his face to win, so I played it.

I have Seraph Lapis, Glory Be out when I draw my last card.

My last card was Sister Initiate :getin:

Although given how countdown works, if I didn't have Sister Initiate in my deck, would I have won or lost? Countdowns tick before the draw but I don't know how Shadowverse's rules engine handles this.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 2, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Oh I know all about keeping a low curve. What I was trying to say is it feels like I just draw my 5s anyway despite going deep on 2s and that leaves me unable to pressure. It's just bad beats whining. Ignore me.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I need some help with Ranked/What to do.

I have some parts of an Elana (swapping Oding for Statue) but I miss some cards, among those 2 of Elanas prayer and all of the Decree so it is not very good.

I am running the solo maps and doing the dailies for now, doing take two when I have tickets and the occasional ranked for more packs/rupies.

Should I make some budget deck first so I can get somewhere in the ranks?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

There is a dirt cheap swordcraft deck that's supposed to be decent:
https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/royal-banner-swordcraft

Garuda Havencraft is nearly three times that but still maybe half what any other top tier deck would cost.
https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/garuda-havencraft

This is just according to what that site says. I don't claim to have any useful knowledge about the meta, but I'll say Garuda Havencraft has me going 16-0 so far on the ladder.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Is it just me, or are the draws in this game significantly more random than Hearthstone? While on the the face of it 3/40 isn't any worse than 2/30, and in fact slightly better, in practice it means that you'll never ever get to the bottom of your deck, and are more likely to draw 3 things you didn't need and 0 that you did. Anecdotally, it feels like I'm screwed by my starting hand way more often.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Preferably you never ever get to the bottom of your deck since there is no fatigue and instead you just insta-lose.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm just saying that having ~10 cards that will never see light in any possible game, no matter how long it goes, lowers reliability significantly.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 2, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Clarste posted:

I'm just saying that having ~10 cards that will never see light in any possible game, no matter how long it goes, lowers reliability significantly.

MtG has 60 card decks where at least a third of that is just your mana

You get used to having games that are well beyond your control

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

In any strategy card game, the best decks tend to build in functional duplicates to force that consistency. Whether that means packing a Magic burn deck with Lightning Bolt and as many similarly strong damage spells to burn an opponent out or banishing your drek and having lots of card flow in Ascension to hit your best cards repeatedly or a Take Two deck with lots of good turn 2 and 3 plays. That Banner Swordcraft deck uses Maid Leader as cheap tutors for the banner because it's the only commander-tagged card in the deck. Not only does it make it easier to find but you can mull banner away to angle for a better opening curve and have a good chance of finding it once you've got the resources and board state to play it.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

milward posted:

I need some help with Ranked/What to do.

I have some parts of an Elana (swapping Oding for Statue) but I miss some cards, among those 2 of Elanas prayer and all of the Decree so it is not very good.

I am running the solo maps and doing the dailies for now, doing take two when I have tickets and the occasional ranked for more packs/rupies.

Should I make some budget deck first so I can get somewhere in the ranks?

You need at least two Elanas; you can get away without the third early on if you make it up in searchers.

Themis is really, really important though. None of your other removal is as cost-effective or as immediate. If you use extra banishers in place of Themis, you'll always be ready for big monsters but aggro decks will just overwhelm you.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I guess having an actual good deck should be my first priority then. Ill finish the solos and see what I lack after that.

inthesto posted:

MtG has 60 card decks where at least a third of that is just your mana

You get used to having games that are well beyond your control

Yeah I like that this "feels" like magic wrt draws. You do get hosed sometimes and sometimes you get the perfect hand but it also let a bad deck with a good start beat a good deck with a bad start.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

milward posted:

I guess having an actual good deck should be my first priority then. Ill finish the solos and see what I lack after that.

That sword deck is insanely cheap, and at low ranks, just playing a good deck can carry you stupid far. I'm not gonna pretend this win streak I've got doesn't in large part have to do with me running a deck that someone much better than me built.

roguemenace
Apr 20, 2016
Is this reroll worth keeping?

Merlin
Bloody Mary
Enstatued Seraph
Soul dealer
Moon Al-mir'aj
Lord Atomy

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
and a 5-0 with the haven deck from above

I only won two of the games with seraph though

Terrene
May 1, 2009
Here we go. After some re-rolling I think I've got a keeper.

Cerberus (animated)
Aurelia
Bloody Mary
Crystalia Tia
Lord of the Flies
Tsubaki
Soul Dealer
Sea Queen Otohime

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

roguemenace posted:

Is this reroll worth keeping?

Merlin
Bloody Mary
Enstatued Seraph
Soul dealer
Moon Al-mir'aj
Lord Atomy

It's okkkay, maybe save it and keep rerolling if you want to?

Terrene posted:

Here we go. After some re-rolling I think I've got a keeper.

Cerberus (animated)
Aurelia
Bloody Mary
Crystalia Tia
Lord of the Flies
Tsubaki
Soul Dealer
Sea Queen Otohime

Yeah that's good

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
If anyone needs to test against a specific deck add me at 804 990 701.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Am I correct in thinking that before I ever worry about making a good deck that I oughta go through all the story modes? Since they give out story-exclusive class cards and such it seems pertinent to do them, plus it looks to be a decent way to learn how each class works. I haven't played too much yet but I've just been using the default decks and done up to Chapter 4 of Swordcraft.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah, though some of the story fights are actually pretty rough if you're just using a completely random pile of cards

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Am I correct in thinking that before I ever worry about making a good deck that I oughta go through all the story modes? Since they give out story-exclusive class cards and such it seems pertinent to do them, plus it looks to be a decent way to learn how each class works. I haven't played too much yet but I've just been using the default decks and done up to Chapter 4 of Swordcraft.

Swordcraft gets one of its best cards in story mode. Not every class gets something as vital but they want to hurl gold and stuff at you and you should let them.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Does leveling the classes do anything?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
rewards every 5 levels, primarily animated playsets of the basic cards that you can't pull from packs

it caps out at level 100 and the required xp doesn't scale up very much so you'll get there eventually anyway

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just unlocked Harnessed Glass. I assume there isn't really any reliable way to get Flame and Glass online, right? Other than like cramming otherwise dead cards into a Dimension Shift deck.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Just unlocked Harnessed Glass. I assume there isn't really any reliable way to get Flame and Glass online, right? Other than like cramming otherwise dead cards into a Dimension Shift deck.

I looked into it, and the general opinion is that the deck that can do it best (Runecraft) already has a gimmick 7/7 that's more reliable. I'd like to see one done, though!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
there's also a swordcraft gimmick to give both flame and glass ambush but that's not very good either.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

AfroSquirrel posted:

I looked into it, and the general opinion is that the deck that can do it best (Runecraft) already has a gimmick 7/7 that's more reliable. I'd like to see one done, though!

that "gimmick" 7/7 is played by approximately 94% of all runecraft players soooo

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yeah, that's why I wrote off the possibility of putting it in runecraft. You can already run a 7/7 without clogging the deck with dead cards.

edit: I finally got a Forestcraft deck to a winning record in Take Two, though this was just 3-2 where I got Sword to 4-1.

Someone wanna take a look at it and tell me what an ideal Forestcraft draft looks like? I know you don't get to look at the choices I made and that clouds things a bit.

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...ZvG.61oCW.61SE6

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

always funny when they play two prayers but don't get a chance to heal

also flame juggernaut is cast for free while flame and glass don't do that, it's not even comparable

on that draft nothing stands out since yuel and elven princess mage are at worst a goliath which is fine. I think fairy champion is pretty awful and I think satan is really bad unless of course you had stone unplayables in the other pick. I've never seen satan turn a board around, when satan wins, the player is usually already in a winning position. The apocalypse deck is also really slow to take off without proper low drops to compliment the plays.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 3, 2016

• Locked thread