Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

graph posted:

my parents this past saturday: "monday night we're headed to the bar around 6 and will be there until after ToT hours, cuz they truck 'em in."

graph posted:

wow your suburban cleveland family is racist as poo poo, shocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

epipen posted:

honestly what does 'truck em in' even mean

it means the blacks arent trick or treating in THEIR neighborhoods, they're instead all coming to the WHITE NEIGHBORHOODS and taking OUR CANDY from the sons & daughters of wealthy white families

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

pittsburgh

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

i live in one of those white neighborhoods and one of our neighbors used the phrase 'bus them in' and seriously gently caress that lady

bunch of happy little kids having a great afternoon it was awesome

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lord funk posted:

i live in one of those white neighborhoods and one of our neighbors used the phrase 'bus them in'

yep same thing

where's this

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

fox town or fox chapel or whatever?

I was talking to someone from there this weekend. Oh yea buddy, I got chur number.

just kiddin - you can't pick your family

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quote:

Dear Prudence,

I live in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the country, but on one of the more “modest” streets—mostly doctors and lawyers and family business owners. (A few blocks away are billionaires, families with famous last names, media moguls, etc.) I have noticed that on Halloween, what seems like 75 percent of the trick-or-treaters are clearly not from this neighborhood. Kids arrive in overflowing cars from less fortunate areas. I feel this is inappropriate. Halloween isn’t a social service or a charity in which I have to buy candy for less fortunate children. Obviously this makes me feel like a terrible person, because what’s the big deal about making less fortunate kids happy on a holiday? But it just bugs me, because we already pay more than enough taxes toward actual social services. Should Halloween be a neighborhood activity, or is it legitimately a free-for-all in which people hunt down the best candy grounds for their kids?

Dear 99,
In the urban neighborhood where I used to live, families who were not from the immediate area would come in fairly large groups to trick-or-treat on our streets, which were safe, well-lit, and full of people overstocked with candy. It was delightful to see the little mermaids, spider-men, ghosts, and the occasional axe murderer excitedly run up and down our front steps, having the time of their lives. So we’d spend an extra $20 to make sure we had enough candy for kids who weren’t as fortunate as ours. There you are, 99, on the impoverished side of Greenwich or Beverly Hills, with the other struggling lawyers, doctors, and business owners. Your whine makes me kind of wish that people from the actual poor side of town come this year not with scary costumes but with real pitchforks. Stop being callous and miserly and go to Costco, you cheapskate, and get enough candy to fill the bags of the kids who come one day a year to marvel at how the 1 percent live.

—Prudie

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

graph posted:

yep same thing

where's this
suburb touching milwaukee city limits

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Graff
May 10, 2012

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

graph posted:

ding ding ding

and where did you first hear this ?
it's pretty commonly applied to voting and protests but it gets used whenever racist idiots see or expect to see non-white people. fortunately i don't think i've ever heard it in person

Graff
May 10, 2012

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

We must secure the existence of our candy and a future for spooky pumpkins.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

something something trickers

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

We must secure the existence of our candy and a future for spooky pumpkins.

happy halloween

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

easy

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
oh poo poo, American Juggalo 2

https://vimeo.com/189714458

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

oh sweet. will have to watch this when i get home from work.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Why do I even check Nextdoor? For gems like this, I guess

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtWTUt2RZh0

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

meatpotato posted:

Why do I even check Nextdoor? For gems like this, I guess

i don't understand people like this

like, sure, let's just move them around rather than work on root causes. christ.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

duTrieux. posted:

like, sure, let's just move them around rather than work on root causes. christ.

fixing root causes means addressing serious systemic issues and likely increases in taxes

that's why they don't want to go that route, can't take that 0.3% increase or else they wont get to paint their second waterfront property that year to make sure it keeps value

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

duTrieux. posted:

they tore up a homeless camp in a park and immediately afterward people complained about homeless just wandering around the area. like what the gently caress did they expect to happen

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Honked again :wiggle:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nw7w5nFbkP1qh6swz_480.mp4

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

lmao

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

dank rear end sandboarding son

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

i miss z0r too

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
banime

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

http://i.imgur.com/PXMh90u.gifv

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmKKWaRosKs

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

• Locked thread