Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Phew, took about 15 stamina worth of Hit 'n Run to build up some shared medica and shared Shellga charges, but managed to master the U+ CM with just one very old SB (Fran's Whip Kick). Hurrah for Reforged Hammerheads, Heavy Coats, and Golden Staves. :woop:

Gabranth with Magic Lure + Gigas Armlet + Grit Determination (ResUp as HPDown, max 55% boost) was crucial, along with the moderate/major dark resists being given to my lower-Res characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I'm on Android and I can't start the game since the update. Stuck forever on the initial loading screen. Force closed and restarted several times, turned the phone off and on, disabled wi-fi in case that was being goofy, nothing's worked. I worry about having to try uninstalling the game, although it SHOULD be connected to the Google Play account... I hope....

(All this stamina going unused right now :( )

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Shock Trooper posted:

I'm on Android and I can't start the game since the update. Stuck forever on the initial loading screen. Force closed and restarted several times, turned the phone off and on, disabled wi-fi in case that was being goofy, nothing's worked. I worry about having to try uninstalling the game, although it SHOULD be connected to the Google Play account... I hope....

My performance has been garbage for about a week now I feel like. Several times I've gotten stuck in loading screens and had to restart, and sometimes it takes a long time for all the stuff on the menu screens to load up. I'm also on android.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Read on Reddit that the performance issue is fixed in Android 7.1, which is currently in dev preview. But yeah, it's really awful right now. :(

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
So for the U++ I'm trying to put together a team that can use the following RS weapons: 1 Sword, 2 Axes, 2 Spears, and 1 Bow. I also have a Mage Sword and decent reforged Mind stick.

Agrias is already locked into the Sword so that I can bring Cleansing Strike along.
Ramza is already locked into an Axe since I have his BSB and Tailwind.
Y'Shtola is already locked into the team as well, with Wall and the medica.

In terms of Holy damage, my only other Holy SB is Beatrix' original 3x AoE, but she'd be limited to a dagger.

If I focus on using the second Axe and honed 5* skills then Luneth is a candidate: he's level 99 since my sole MC3 spent to date was on him, he can use axes, and he's now a dragoon so I can use the BotW/DJ combo for solid damage. Plus he's far stronger in Def than Res which works well for this particular boss.

Right now the last spot is temporarily on Fran since she gets RS and I have her bow so I can use the Def/Res debuff to help with DPS, and carry Stop to overwrite when necessary.

Another option would be to bring Celes with Stop and her Runic SB, so that the Piercing Darkras get lured to her, and so she can over-write the Stops That would cost me quite a bit of DPS though due to a lack of Breakdowns and Fran's debuff, unless I gave her Saint's Cross and hoped Runic kept replenishing it, while then creating a second Banishing Strike or using a Lifesiphon elsewhere.

The plan for now was to bring a Shout RW as I don't quite have a great way to MacGyver one myself (Boostga from Aerith and Hastega from Sazh or Garnet), but maybe I'll have to consider it if a EnHoly BSB would provide too much DPS to pass up.

Anyone else had success with this U++ without possessing a strong set of RS gear and SBs?

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

kalensc posted:

Anyone else had success with this U++ without possessing a strong set of RS gear and SBs?

Considering you're quoting a pile of like, ten weapons... well, I have two Platinum Shields so I'm up on you that way.

I have just one weapon though, Vaan's Kagenui.

So... you know, take that as you will? Platinum Shields are really good for this fight, but I wouldn't call three pieces of gear, none of which are BSBs or really dominant SSBs, a "strong set" in a vacuum anyways.

What I can say is that I just hauled along Ramza for Shout, had him spam Banishing Strike because like hell do I have real moves, then used RW Maria's Song and solved the triple problem of "needing more raw attack", "needing more holy attacks" and "needing an enholy", with a bunch of +holy gear stacked on Vaan(Bartzcalibur/Plat Shield) and the sole synergy weapon/other shield on Vaan.

Having those two swing holy attacks with a lot of +holy gear on actually tends to solve a lot of my problems, weirdly.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Shock Trooper posted:

Try seeing if you can delete just cache data. I get a similar problem on my emulator (Andy) sometimes, and that usually fixes it.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
For what it's worth, Ramza's BSB makes the fight very easy. Since a majority of the damage is physical, the extra defense helps a great deal, and you can put out some serious damage with the holy 2x strike.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
I... I finally did the Ifrit Mote Dungeon. :smithicide:

Ok, so I have a dumb mechanics question. Right now for this fight, I'm bringing Rinoa with Chain Blizzaga & RW'ing Sorceress' Awakening, Edward for a local Faith/Hastega, Faris for Breakdowns + an anti-Wall with her SB, Tyro for Wall and more Breakdowns, and Arc for healing, medica, etc etc. The bard 4* skills are basically Protega and Shellga, right? So I wouldn't need to bring those and instead bring like... Regen or something else of use?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Orfeo posted:

I... I finally did the Ifrit Mote Dungeon. :smithicide:

Ok, so I have a dumb mechanics question. Right now for this fight, I'm bringing Rinoa with Chain Blizzaga & RW'ing Sorceress' Awakening, Edward for a local Faith/Hastega, Faris for Breakdowns + an anti-Wall with her SB, Tyro for Wall and more Breakdowns, and Arc for healing, medica, etc etc. The bard 4* skills are basically Protega and Shellga, right? So I wouldn't need to bring those and instead bring like... Regen or something else of use?

For your first question: Yes, they're essentially carbon copies of Protectga and Shellga.

Regarding the second half of that, Arc's options for his second slot are kind of lacking for the Ifrit fight, and really, you'd only absolutely demand three Breakdowns - Magic, Mental, and Full Break. Aside from the first few rounds, most of Ifrit's damage is magic (or his DEF-ignoring Punch), and from the looks of things, the entirety of your damage is, too. Full Break is both there to make the breakdowns you're using actually meaningful and because it alone will cover both the "reduce MAG" and "reduce ATK" conditions.

Ideally, you'd do something like:

Rinoa - Chain Blizzaga/Blizzaja as your main nuker
Edward - Mental BD/Shellga song
Faris - Magic BD/Full Break
Tyro - Magic Lure/Curaja to deal with the non-AoE poo poo and as backup healing (equip him with the 6* Fire Resist armlet, naturally)
Arc - Curaja/Curada (if you've gotten it). Protectga is also an option here for weathering his initial assault of physicals.

Really, the biggest problem with a loadout like that is that you're still at the mercy of "does Ifrit want to spam some Meteors to ruin your life". Motefrit is one fight where teams with Magic Blink will have an infinitely easier time than teams without.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 1, 2016

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I have both Ovelia and Selphie's Medica/Magic Blink relics. Should I bring BOTH of them to fights where magic blink helps? Thanks to the nightmare evrae fight I have 2 R4 diagas, so I think I can keep damage flowing from at least one of them for a fight.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pander posted:

I have both Ovelia and Selphie's Medica/Magic Blink relics. Should I bring BOTH of them to fights where magic blink helps? Thanks to the nightmare evrae fight I have 2 R4 diagas, so I think I can keep damage flowing from at least one of them for a fight.

Not all fights need a constant upkeep of MBlink, only ones super heavy in AoE nukedowns, particularly RES-ignoring ones. One of them should be fine for most bosses, but for things like Nightmare Kaiser Dragon or Mote Ifrit, absolutely consider bringing both of them, both to keep everyone standing and to avoid the unending deluge of pain.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The collective buff wave's nice. Is there anything missing like Firion's oddly delayed 5* Samurai was last time?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

gently caress that fight :catstare:

It took me fourteen tries, and my winning run was not significantly different from the other ones, I just got lucky in that the stop hit Selphie rather than someone crucial, and I could use Tailwind to emergency refresh Protectga since she was indisposed. None of the slows took, thank GOD, and further stops didn't take either. That fight would be good, a bit overtuned but fine, without the stop. With the stop, it's RNG bullshit.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yeah that U++ fight is pretty ridiculous. I won on my fourth try, but that was only because no one got hit with Stop

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hogama posted:

The collective buff wave's nice. Is there anything missing like Firion's oddly delayed 5* Samurai was last time?

Technically, the Core Monk's stated ATK boost. :haw: According to Reddit, it was a total lie, his stats didn't change (apparently there's a minor bump past 65, but that's unimportant since guess what? no MC2 and the only Core Synergy dungeon is Mondaily), but nobody cares because monks are bad and core characters are worse. But nah, as far as the character buffs, we got everything from the upcoming events; we even got Shantotto's Light Armor access from the Grandmasters event that went suspiciously missing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Damnit. They would throw Zidane's BSB on that last banner of the Coliseum special event. :shepface:

Naturally I'm pulling for it. Naturally I'll probably get Magic Combs because I already have that SSB mastered.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

flowinprose posted:

Try seeing if you can delete just cache data. I get a similar problem on my emulator (Andy) sometimes, and that usually fixes it.

It didn't occur to me to try that, and it ended up working! Thank you!!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
After looking at the special banners again, I think I'm going to do maybe two pulls.

Banner 1 I'll skip, Lightbringer is very tempting but I already have 3 of the best items on there, and I have solid synergy for all the realms represented. Banner 2 probably gets a pull, Razzmatazz would be nice to get, as would Keeper's Tome and Crystal Glove, plus a shot at more IX synergy is good. Banner 3 is a skip, I already have Sheepsong and Fairy Flute which are probably the best items on there, and much like banner 1 I have great synergy for everything except IX, but Vivi's staff isn't worth it. Banner 4 definitely gets a pull, the shot for Excalibur is the big draw, but more than that, 4 has two chances for IX synergy including the Golden Hairpin, and XIV synergy would be nice too.

I guess the question is can I get another 50 mythril before the 14th. 16 from login bonuses for sure, 2 from the exchange, and 20 from 2 events is 38. Do we get a Dungeon Update in the next couple of weeks?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Technically, the Core Monk's stated ATK boost. :haw: According to Reddit, it was a total lie, his stats didn't change (apparently there's a minor bump past 65, but that's unimportant since guess what? no MC2 and the only Core Synergy dungeon is Mondaily), but nobody cares because monks are bad and core characters are worse. But nah, as far as the character buffs, we got everything from the upcoming events; we even got Shantotto's Light Armor access from the Grandmasters event that went suspiciously missing.
It technically isn't a lie, his strength growth is so bad that you just can't see it until 80 -> 99. Which isn't out yet, even in Japan. :downs:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It technically isn't a lie, his strength growth is so bad that you just can't see it until 80 -> 99. Which isn't out yet, even in Japan. :downs:

I don't even know why they put in the Core characters if an entire team of them can't even compare to a single named character. Like, while I get making them less good than the game characters, the best Core character in any given stat (Tyro excepted) is still significantly in the lowest tiers compared to any named character in any given stat. Like, "core Viking/Berserker have lower ATK than Kefka at Lv65" or "Knight's superior DEF strength is on par with such titans as Tifa and Cyan".

EDIT:

Twelve by Pies posted:

I guess the question is can I get another 50 mythril before the 14th. 16 from login bonuses for sure, 2 from the exchange, and 20 from 2 events is 38. Do we get a Dungeon Update in the next couple of weeks?

Reddit claims next DU (and next DU Lucky Draw) is on the 8th.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 1, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Why must I wait another month for Orbfest. :negative:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
My favorite Core character fact remains that big tough Dark Knight, one of the higher end HP characters among the Cores, has single digit more hp than Literal Children Palom, Porom and Vivi.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Get hosed Daedalus++

Maria's Song conquers all :frogc00l:

I wish I had one native :(

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
U++ down :toot:

SBs: Cleansing Strike // Saint's Fall // Beryl Serpent BSB // Shout & Tailwind // Portrait of Lakshmi

That fight sucked, it felt like he had a lot of HP and Relm and Agrias also got stopped at one point too. Relm got stopped in the middle of casting her SSB early on, just to unstop like 20 seconds later to activate it when I really needed it. (Ramza was covering her by alternating Shout and Tailwind). Pecil's got my only Holy SB (his SSB) so he got Magic Lure and Lionheart to just spam that. As I was running out of hones at the end (and Relm had an extra SSB stocked up from being stopped for so long) she started attacking with Curaja for 3000 damage just to speed things up before my Wall ran out.

Just noticed I forgot the 6* Dark res accessory on Pecil, although the event item makes for a decent substitute, I suppose. Gonna try the Cid Mission later.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

While I really like the coliseum 3 banner, and am drooling at the thought of native Sheepsong...I need to be strong, and save my mythril for OK and Minfilia. :qq:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah all these good banners are brutal, I really want Sheepsong and Sentinel's Grimoire but I can't justify chasing them when there are so many bonkers banners around the corner and I'm all tapped out on mythril. Definitely gotta make myself stay the course and shoot for the really strong mage banners.

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006
I'm going to roll Bad Boys if I get Tidus OSB but that's the only roll I'm making on them. Too many dupes otherwise. I got Golden Hairpin so if I got the OSB the temptation to go water god Tidus would be too high.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
ahahaha, Hit and Run worked wonders on the U++. It's super easy to build up SB bars for him because his first action is always Haste, followed by a physical attack that usually does less than 1000 to someone in the back row. I nuked the poo poo out of him with Vaan and Pencil BSB's, had Agrias doing Cleansing Strike and Saint Cross, Tyrone doing Breaks, and Eiko BSB to heal and raise everyone's crit rate. He ended up Stopping Eiko immediately after she got the BSB off, but that was the best person he could have Stopped because I didn't need any more healing and just continued to barf damage at him. I never even used my second RW Shout cast. I tell ya, I'm super blessed to have gotten Vaan BSB and Agrias Cleansing Strike on that Debuff Lucky Banner.

Using an MC3 lode on Vaan was nice too because he couldn't get 5-hit Thief's Revenge outside of FF12 realms before (or unless he had Burst active...). I realized that I'd been building up a bunch of motes I hadn't been using so I started buffing up Vaan further, and figured I may as well give Eiko some buffs since she's my go-to healer now... except she apparently doesn't have Record Drive access. What? Wasn't the last FF9 event focused on Eiko, with her on the banner, even though she wasn't a new character... and she didn't get Record Drive access? Okay...

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Shock Trooper posted:

ahahaha, Hit and Run worked wonders on the U++. It's super easy to build up SB bars for him because his first action is always Haste, followed by a physical attack that usually does less than 1000 to someone in the back row. I nuked the poo poo out of him with Vaan and Pencil BSB's, had Agrias doing Cleansing Strike and Saint Cross, Tyrone doing Breaks, and Eiko BSB to heal and raise everyone's crit rate. He ended up Stopping Eiko immediately after she got the BSB off, but that was the best person he could have Stopped because I didn't need any more healing and just continued to barf damage at him. I never even used my second RW Shout cast. I tell ya, I'm super blessed to have gotten Vaan BSB and Agrias Cleansing Strike on that Debuff Lucky Banner.

Using an MC3 lode on Vaan was nice too because he couldn't get 5-hit Thief's Revenge outside of FF12 realms before (or unless he had Burst active...). I realized that I'd been building up a bunch of motes I hadn't been using so I started buffing up Vaan further, and figured I may as well give Eiko some buffs since she's my go-to healer now... except she apparently doesn't have Record Drive access. What? Wasn't the last FF9 event focused on Eiko, with her on the banner, even though she wasn't a new character... and she didn't get Record Drive access? Okay...

Yeah, Eiko lacking Record Drive is super-annoying. I had the same thing happen because I got her BSB off the event and switched her over to my main healer because of it.

Boogaloo Shrimp fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 2, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The Casino and Brass de Bravo 2 event that gave out Eiko's RD access happened at the same time as the Cloud OSB event in Japan, which is why the Eiko event didn't give Eiko access. We'll probably see the Dive next month when we get the Golden Roulette Event with the other instrument users (I think it's Sarah, Echo and Kefka)

Best thing in her RD is Bard 5 for Angel Song (AoE Heavy Regen) which only shows up the the Brass event anyways.

I've been using my RDs as a sorting method to figure out what characters I have SBs for so it's quicker to find people I use a lot, or people with SBs for Cid's Missions.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Not gonna lie, that Beast Within banner is tempting, but I'd rather save it for Zidane's OSB. And also Noel/Serah, Kain, OK, Leo, Greg, Lightning, Hope, Jecht... :negative:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

pichupal posted:

We'll probably see the Dive next month when we get the Golden Roulette Event with the other instrument users (I think it's Sarah, Echo and Kefka)

Mog and Cait Sith got their Dives at the same time, too.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Hogama posted:

Mog and Cait Sith got their Dives at the same time, too.

I knew I was forgetting someone. And I couldn't remember whether Cait was attached to the Brass event or the FF7 event.

I really should've remebered Mog for his amazing SSB though.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

loving finally. I've spent every last ounce of stamina on dailies since double greens started and haven't got a single drop yet, finally got one. So frustrating.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

pichupal posted:

I knew I was forgetting someone. And I couldn't remember whether Cait was attached to the Brass event or the FF7 event.

I really should've remebered Mog for his amazing SSB though.

Never forget. I hope it gets translated soon so I don't have worries over a stupid game.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I think I've drawn blanks on the 100-gem pulls ever since getting Pencil's BSB, but I managed to get Aerith's BSB from this. EVEN MORE HOLY DAMAGE. Not sure it's worth replacing Eiko BSB as my healer though?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Decided to throw one 11-pull at the Girl Power banner for another shot at Maria's Song.

Got a Danjuro. :smith:

And the Artemis Bow (IV) so it wasn't a total loss. :shobon:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Decided to throw one 11-pull at the Girl Power banner for another shot at Maria's Song.

Got a Danjuro. :smith:

And the Artemis Bow (IV) so it wasn't a total loss. :shobon:

I too would like a shot at Maria's Song, unfortunately the Mythril I would have used to do it isn't coming to me until after the event is over. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Dollar pull... Beast Killer? Okay, sure, why not! Won't be useful in a million places but I can think of one where it'll come in handy. Man, I'm just running out of excuses for not being able to do CM Ifrit by the minute.

• Locked thread