Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

I believe Florida's crazy increase is largely from the Hurricane, right? Lot of people probably thought "well, this thing is gonna wipe everything off the map. Might as well vote before I die."

This heavy increase in early voting is a pretty good thing for Dems, right?

Early voting didn't start until well after the hurricane happened, so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Hitler B. Natural posted:

I think his penis still shades it. Close, though.

Hard to get much dirt on something so small.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

FuzzySlippers posted:

Why are people with anime avatars suddenly so afraid of war with Russia? We got through the cold war. Syria isn't causing WW3.

One of the most shocking things about this election is how the GOP has suddenly become a bunch of weeping, trembling cowards who want to appease Putin so the big red bear doesn't kill us.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Cingulate posted:

What I take from this is Trump attracts the kind of person who likes rallies.

Yeah, pretty much. Why would I go to a rally for a candidate I already support and plan voting for? Sounds like a giant waste of time to me.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Got a link to why Comey hates the Clintons?

I've seen it discussed before but haven't read up on it.

It was the incident in the article they posted, about the pardoning of Mark Rich. He tried to nail Bill on that but couldn't find anything solid enough and was persuaded to drop it.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Nickelback holds concerts with tens of thousands of people, while the Beatles can't be bothered to fill a single rooftop. Sad!

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Northjayhawk posted:

One of the most shocking things about this election is how the GOP has suddenly become a bunch of weeping, trembling cowards who want to appease Putin so the big red bear doesn't kill us.

I think they mostly want to team up with Putin because they think he's the bee's knees and a model for how a leader of a country should act.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

scary ghost dog posted:

hes big in japan

Lol I get the ref

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Crow Jane posted:

Maroon 5 playing arenas means they're better than Tom Waits, who plays smaller venues. It is known.

I don't understand this analogy. We're not comparing the quality of the candidates. We're comparing the popularity of the candidates (as measured by votes cast for them) and whether attendance at rallies is a valuable indicator of their popularity.

Tom Waits is so good and I wish he would make another album.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Northjayhawk posted:

Yeah, it's weird how much more of a hawk I am in compared to these pussy repubs who think Russia isn't some crappy 3rd world country that would be a 2 hour invasion victory if it weren't for the nukes they have stockpiled from when they were worth a drat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:derp:
https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/793544120379768832

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Edible Hat posted:

I don't understand this analogy. We're not comparing the quality of the candidates. We're comparing the popularity of the candidates (as measured by votes cast for them) and whether attendance at rallies is a valuable indicator of their popularity.

Tom Waits is so good and I wish he would make another album.

This is how we know that no one liked the Beatles anymore after 1966.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Is it reputable?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Perhaps Trump voters also have more free time on their hands in order to go to rallies as well? They are older, wealthier, and I bet can much more easily get time off work (if they aren't retired) to order to attend rallies.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Covok posted:

Is it reputable?

A rating on 538.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Survey USA is a reputable pollster, but I'm fairly sure that's one heck of an outlier.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

scary ghost dog posted:

not voting, but has anyone noticed trump voters are much larger than clinton voters? wonder if this has been factored into the polls.....we could be looking at a landslide here.

Only if they're voting on loose soil.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
People at Trump rallys want to be part of a group that embraces their racism and sexism instead of being isolated and criticized for their deplorable mindset.

Clinton supporters are already morally smug.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Covok posted:

Is it reputable?

Rated A on five thirty eight.

Time to start digging that fallout shelter.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

BarbarianElephant posted:

I think they mostly want to team up with Putin because they think he's the bee's knees and a model for how a leader of a country should act.

I'm talking about the idiots who attempt to make the argument, with a straight face, that if we elect Hillary Clinton she'll start WW3 against Russia.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Considering all we know how the gently caress is that even possible?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Someone post the study that shows Trump supporters don't think you need to be registered to vote. Thx

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

5% of polls should be expected to be outside the margin of error.

If we see several similar results from reputable pollsters though, then thats not good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mass switch-over of third-party voters is all I can think of.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Here's that FBI Records Vault's first tweet after over a year of being dormant, by the way:

https://twitter.com/FBIRecordsVault/status/792637173937807360

What the gently caress is the FBI doing?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Someone post the study that shows Trump supporters don't think you need to be registered to vote. Thx

There was a study?

I know I posted Fox Ironic's post in last month's thread about how Trump voters thought answering a poll for Trump was voting for him, that was pretty great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Northjayhawk posted:

5% of polls should be expected to be outside the margin of error.

If we see several similar results from reputable pollsters though, then thats not good.

+7 from a reputable pollster is a bit more than a weird outlier though. Like even if their MoE is entirely towards Trump that's still huge.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

like does this even line up with other recent NC polls?????

oh god

oh god

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BarbarianElephant posted:

This is like saying a virgin is the world's greatest lover, because they have yet to be proved otherwise.

Well if you read Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss...

(Don't read it, Rothfuss is a lovely author)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

PantherWill posted:

What about pushing them down the stairs and making it look like an accident?

Let them throw themselves down the stairs. I'm sure they will tell police they saw a black man fleeing the scene.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

Here's that FBI Records Vault's first tweet after over a year of being dormant, by the way:

https://twitter.com/FBIRecordsVault/status/792637173937807360

What the gently caress is the FBI doing?

I like how last week people were like "oh the FBI stuff isn't important it's all gonna be gone by next week."

That sure would have been nice.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Empress Theonora posted:

like does this even line up with other recent NC polls?????

oh god

oh god

3 most recent NC Polls are:

Trump +7
Tied
Trump +2

The Trump +2 is from Remington Research and if you exclude that, the next most recent one is Clinton +2.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

+7 from a reputable pollster is a bit more than a weird outlier though. Like even if their MoE is entirely towards Trump that's still huge.

I wouldn't panic, there was that ABC poll that showed Clinton +12 when nobody else did. No reason to worry about this one poll unless we get a stream of polls confirming it

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
speculative anti-arzy by way of a GOP pollster/strategist re: that NC poll

https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/793545335503282176

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mykkel posted:

I was energized, but I voted in Florida last week, so now I'm just waiting for the results to pour in next week.

I voted yesterday, and unfortunately I think Manatee County will go for Trump this year even if FL as a whole doesn't. Also Prop 2 (medical marijuana legalization) is deeply unpopular around here, so gently caress you too, seniors.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

Mass switch-over of third-party voters is all I can think of.

So they're solidifying on the one anti-vaxx candidate instead of three?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People hate her.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I wouldn't panic, there was that ABC poll that showed Clinton +12 when nobody else did. No reason to worry about this one poll unless we get a stream of polls confirming it

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

3 most recent NC Polls are:

Trump +7
Tied
Trump +2

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

fsif posted:

A rating on 538.

maybe I'm brain farting, but at cost of sounding like Homer I'll ask: is it reputable or not then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
oh god we're going to die

• Locked thread