Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I look forward to new Agents of SHIELD episodes in March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I propose a different compelling narrative to counter your compelling narrative: one of the Darkhold scientists ordered the hit to put pressure on Eli. Good reason to beat someone into a coma, eh?

This is good, but haven't all those ghosts already been busted?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

homullus posted:

This is good, but haven't all those ghosts already been busted?

Yeah, so instead of Robbie confronting the person who wronged him, you have Eli keeping the truth secret from them to keep Robbie from doing exactly what he wound up doing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Goons have been pretty good at figuring out this for this show. They knew Skye would become Quake. They knew Mr. Hyde would show up, and was her dad. And others that I've forgotten. They're really good at this poo poo, so if they say Eli is the one who did it, I'm inclined to believe them.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Heads up peeps: SHIELD is taking a three week (at least!) break off after tonight's episode. Election, loving David Blaine Special, and Dancing With The Stars finale, respectively.

That's also nearly the entire November Sweeps period, barring tonight's episode, and a potential episode at the end of November. The likelihood of an even a short season renewal (to round the show out to 100 episodes) is incredibly unlikely.

Edit: That last part is my speculation -- from what I understand, reaching 88 episodes (i.e. the end of this season) is enough to reach minimum syndication requirements, though I understand that they'll get considerably more money for selling 100 episodes rather than 88, which makes a final shortened season renewal a possibility -- provided that they don't throw the 18 Agent Carter episodes in to the mix.

The show is already in syndication. Someone mentioned it in the previous thread.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kheldarn posted:

Goons have been pretty good at figuring out this for this show. They knew Skye would become Quake. They knew Mr. Hyde would show up, and was her dad. And others that I've forgotten. They're really good at this poo poo, so if they say Eli is the one who did it, I'm inclined to believe them.

To be fair, the people in these threads usually throw everything at the walls and see what sticks.
I predict that Fitz dies, the weird book turns him into a ghost and they manage to fuse him to an android body. It's kind of a strain to his relationship with Simmons.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean quake was foreshadowed the second we found out her dad was a crazy doctor. Along with realizing this series was gonna start using Inhumans.

It wasn't that much of a leap.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

My favorite was when someone called Andrew not being dead and being Lash and someone else got real mad about what a stupid idea that was.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My favorite is still the "There is zero chance that there's going to be inhumans in this show" guy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Was he the "SHEILD is gone" guy too, or am I lumping all those guys together.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

To be fair, the people in these threads usually throw everything at the walls and see what sticks.
I predict that Fitz dies, the weird book turns him into a ghost and they manage to fuse him to an android body. It's kind of a strain to his relationship with Simmons.

Fusing him to Ada would put a strain on his relationship with Simmons. Or maybe not!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Was he the "SHEILD is gone" guy too, or am I lumping all those guys together.

That was a different but no less obnoxious guy

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Heads up peeps: SHIELD is taking a three week (at least!) break off after tonight's episode. Election, loving David Blaine Special, and Dancing With The Stars finale, respectively.

That's also nearly the entire November Sweeps period, barring tonight's episode, and a potential episode at the end of November. The likelihood of an even a short season renewal (to round the show out to 100 episodes) is incredibly unlikely.

Edit: That last part is my speculation -- from what I understand, reaching 88 episodes (i.e. the end of this season) is enough to reach minimum syndication requirements, though I understand that they'll get considerably more money for selling 100 episodes rather than 88, which makes a final shortened season renewal a possibility -- provided that they don't throw the 18 Agent Carter episodes in to the mix.

They really hate this loving show. God, gently caress

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Presumably they'll do another Marvel show after SHIELD is over, right? I remember some talk about the Runaways. I think that'd work better, it wouldn't be tied into the movies as much.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Presumably they'll do another Marvel show after SHIELD is over, right? I remember some talk about the Runaways. I think that'd work better, it wouldn't be tied into the movies as much.

They tried another Marvel show but Agent Carter was even more of a failure.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, you eternal optimist, you.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Guy Goodbody posted:

That got a pilot order with Hulu.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this season so far. Last season hit the ground running. But this one feels more like it's continuously trying to set up something without much happening. Maybe I just don't like broody ghost stories.

Will there be a Doctor Strange tie-in? I don't want to be spoilered for the movie. If the following episode has a spoiling substory, it might actually be good to have a 3 week gap between episodes.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 1, 2016

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

homullus posted:

Fusing him to Ada would put a strain on his relationship with Simmons. Or maybe not!

The first lesbian relationship on TV in which one half is transgendered and also transhuman. Take that, Jill Soloway.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I was super happy with this season beginning because it felt like a totally fresh breath of air with the format change-up and I am probably one of the few SHIELD fans who was so sick of Ward that each time he miserably came back from death, I would throw a pillow at the TV and yell "enough with the creep already!"

But already this season feels like it's falling into the same mid-season doldrums and being tied to the movie schedule totally blows. It's still magnitudes better than the DC offerings but I am finding I prefer the Netflix series since they don't have to pull their punches as much. Not being stuck with the standard serial television episode cliff-hanger probably helps there too.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this season so far. Last season hit the ground running. But this one feels more like it's continuously trying to set up something without much happening. Maybe I just don't like broody ghost stories.

Will there be a Doctor Strange tie-in? I don't want to be spoilered for the movie. If the following episode has a spoiling substory, it might actually be good to have a 3 week gap between episodes.

Dr Strange got released in the UK last week.

Strange Spoiler in how it could relate to AoS
there is no connection to AoS - there is barely any connection to the other Marvel films.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mr Beens posted:

Dr Strange got released in the UK last week.

Strange Spoiler in how it could relate to AoS
there is no connection to AoS - there is barely any connection to the other Marvel films.
That's always been a one way street.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe the ghost poo poo will be resolved soon so something interesting can happen.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

bloodychill posted:

I was super happy with this season beginning because it felt like a totally fresh breath of air with the format change-up and I am probably one of the few SHIELD fans who was so sick of Ward that each time he miserably came back from death, I would throw a pillow at the TV and yell "enough with the creep already!"

But already this season feels like it's falling into the same mid-season doldrums and being tied to the movie schedule totally blows. It's still magnitudes better than the DC offerings but I am finding I prefer the Netflix series since they don't have to pull their punches as much. Not being stuck with the standard serial television episode cliff-hanger probably helps there too.

This year's mid season doldrums are a crazy person who is painted orange and his opponent. One of them will be elected to rule a country! Neither will get anything done because the other party has already said so! gently caress.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

That got a pilot order with Hulu.

Cool, I bet that would be good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They tried another Marvel show but Agent Carter was even more of a failure.

Maybe don't do a period drama this time. Mad Men was successful, so naturally there were a dozen copycat shows set in the 50s, and they all failed and were immediately forgotten.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

In this lab we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aw, come on new Director. You were cool until now.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Mace is bein' a bit of a bitch.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Mace is doing his job as the Director.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

More drat Star Wars references. Lawlp.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Back In The Day

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zebulon posted:

Mace is bein' a bit of a bitch.

Mace did nothing wrong. Maybe Coulson should stop being the bitch.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Mace did nothing wrong. Maybe Coulson should stop being the bitch.

I don't know. Sending off Simmons and boarding the U.S.S. Son of Cohl to try and take Daisy and Ghost Rider seem like the sort of thing a bitch would do.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh poo poo other Ghost Rider

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Isodyne was the company from Agent Carter...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

Oh poo poo other Ghost Rider

gently caress yeah.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aww yeah. Ketch/Blaze are around!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

HOLY poo poo THE OTHER GHOST RIDER

Codependent Poster posted:

Aww yeah. Ketch/Blaze are around!

They did allude to Blaze last week, it's cool actually seeing him!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

That's an appropriately "oh gently caress he's telling the truth" face.

Aaaahahhaa. "Hail Satan!"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If the thread title isn't changed to "A pretty good argument for 'Hail Satan'" by the end of the night, I don't want to live in this world.

• Locked thread