Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I'm gonna admit. I'm starting to Arzy like a motherfucker. HilDawg is dropping like a rock on fivethirtyeight.

Ugh... I canvassed last weekend and I might have to do something this week but I have no loving time and this election isn't fun and... deep breaths... I can't wait till this is over. God help us. I hope HilDawg pulls is off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Radish posted:

Is this freakout over that one NC poll? For that to be indicative of a national trend it requires pretty much everyone in this country to go "welp Trump is alright I guess" combined with Democrats suddenly caring about emails. Even then NC isn't required. I'm guessing more and more embarrassed Republicans are coming home to daddy Trump instead of being principled and voting third party or abstaining but that still isn't enough.

The FBI seemingly going all in on Trump support regardless of effect is a lot more creepy especially if after the election everyone treats it like it was cute.
Trump might be within a Brexit-level polling error on Nov 8th.

A US friend of mine in NYC has rented a bus to literally ferry people to polling stations in NC.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Xae posted:

Has a Republican ever appointed a Democrat as Director of the FBI?

Bipartisanship is the sole responsibility of Democrats.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

alpha_destroy posted:

I'm gonna admit. I'm starting to Arzy like a motherfucker. HilDawg is dropping like a rock on fivethirtyeight.

Ugh... I canvassed last weekend and I might have to do something this week but I have no loving time and this election isn't fun and... deep breaths... I can't wait till this is over. God help us. I hope HilDawg pulls is off.

Have a quick hit of anti-Arzy:
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/793566190878748672

I think I am about ready to stop following the election though. It's getting uglier by the hour.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
We're doomed to Brexit. We're all going to go nationalist, tank our collective economies, then continue to spiral out of control till someone realizes that nationalism is what's killing us.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Radish posted:

Seriously any Democrat that appoints a Republican to any office unless there's no alternative whatsoever after Obama's term is an absolute fool.

Well, its probably fine it you want to appoint a Republican to Commerce or Energy.

FBI director and Justice department are now clearly politically partisan offices, and it should become routine for the sitting FBI director to offer a resignation if the other party wins.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I don't know what Republicans you know who are the sober type.

Mormons?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Covok posted:

We're doomed to Brexit. We're all going to go nationalist, tank our collective economies, then continue to spiral out of control till someone realizes that nationalism is what's killing us.

no clearly it's the emails and the clinton foundation that are killing us

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
So it seems like the last 3 weeks I've seen a lot more polls from pollsters I've never heard of before

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Sorry folks but this red hot trap house single is going to bring Hillary down once and for all.

https://youtu.be/HexRe1pCMeU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Libertine posted:

This post is pretty ironic considering the thread is full of stuff like this:

Most places in the country are like a 40/40 split with the independent 20 deciding who wins. Everyone who lives in the United States knows somebody supporting both candidates, full stop. If you've disowned any of your friends and family for their vote I don't know what to tell you, neither one of these candidates are worth that kind of loyalty at all.

This whole election has just been wrought with individual grandstanding.

I don't particularly disagree with you I know it is wrong but these people live in a separate reality where up is down and right is wrong and it is hard to accomodate their opinions

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

canepazzo posted:

FWIW, that SurveyUsa poll of NC had Trump at 14% afro-american vote and 43% 18-35 vote which seems a bit off.

It also indicates that 75% of Democrats plan on voting for Hillary and 23% of them plan on voting for Trump which... doesn't seem likely to me? It says 90% of R's will vote Trump and 5% will vote Clinton, which seems more in line with other polls.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Cingulate posted:

A US friend of mine in NYC has rented a bus to literally ferry people to polling stations in NC.

He's not, Hillary will still win, stop loving arzying.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Cingulate posted:

1. He won't be

2. How would that work, exactly? Would it be for NC transplants living in New York but not registered there? Why would people too unmotivated to request an absentee ballot want to endure a ten hour bus ride?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Donkwich posted:

At least it's more energy than Kerry showed.

Speaking of candidates from bygones past:

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/793453371000705024

Hi, I think Donald Trump is unacceptable so I'm going to light my vote on fire.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

M_Gargantua posted:

Why would your tarnish this thread with awful literature when it's already too much Trump

A derail about how bad the Kingkiller books are would be better than most recent derails. :colbert:

Antti posted:

Another thing that's not worth Arzying over: Clinton spending money in firewall states like CO. It's the last week of the campaign and they have a mountain of cash to burn through, why not spend some in the firewall states? It doesn't mean their internals show CO suddenly collapsing.

Honestly I wish they'd spend it on charting buses for Dem stronghold areas, especially in areas that could be affected by the SEPTA strike. Not only would it help get people to the polls but the right wing freakout over Clinton having an actual bus service for voters would be beautiful to watch.

TheGreatGnocchi posted:

She doesn't need NC. Now if VA or PA show a near tie then begin to Arzy. Chill the gently caress out people.

NC is currently run by a horrific GOP state party and the Senate seat there would go a long ways towards helping get a Dem majority in the chamber.

smug n stuff posted:

I was referring to the most recent Weiner stuff. Is the whole, "the emails were neither to or from HRC" thing accurate, and if so, why are people caring?

Because having it framed as CLINTON EMAILS INVESTIGATION REOPENED BY FBI for several days with less than 2 weeks until the election is loving madness and Comey's rear end needs to be nailed to the wall for his public handling of the case.

Sooner or later someone will fabricate a video of a candidate going off on some insane rant, like O'Keefe trying to splice together a bunch of soundbites to make a "Hillary goes on racist rear about black people" clip to post at the last minute so that there's no time to react to it and people head to the polls (or not) in anger. The closest we've had recently was probably the Bush Vietnam stuff.

Yeah I'm sure a whitebread piece of poo poo from Texas was hacked and totally wouldn't say awful things about someone they don't like.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Tir McDohl posted:

I don't particularly disagree with you I know it is wrong but these people live in a separate reality where up is down and right is wrong and it is hard to accomodate their opinions

Everyone lives in their own personal reality nowadays and basically accommodates their own opinions whatever they are. That's the dark gift of social media.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Northjayhawk posted:

FBI director and Justice department are now clearly politically partisan offices, and it should become routine for the sitting FBI director to offer a resignation if the other party wins.

That's pretty hysterical.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Gail Wynand posted:

Sorry folks but this red hot trap house single is going to bring Hillary down once and for all.

https://youtu.be/HexRe1pCMeU

Oh poo poo that's why the polling changed among black voters in NC!

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This is the current Competitive map on 270towin

If all these states are correct, then in addition to needing only one of OH, NC, or FL to win the presidency, she can also win with WI+NH or WI+NV.

Also I just checked back on 538 and Florida switched back to blue.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If one possibly/possibly not an outlier poll from a state which Obama lost last election is all it takes for you to freak out and proclaim Trump the next president, you probably shouldn't watch the news for the next seven days or you will have a nervous breakdown.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying really hard not to Arzy but I'm already extremely prone to anxiety by nature and it's tough :ohdear:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Donkwich posted:

This is the current Competitive map on 270towin

If all these states are correct, then in addition to needing only one of OH, NC, or FL to win the presidency, she can also win with WI+NH or WI+NV.

Also I just checked back on 538 and Florida switched back to blue.

It's only blue on polls only, not polls plus or now-cast.

Sigh, why did the FBI have to be poo poo this year? Why is the universe conspiring to gently caress this country?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Spacebump posted:

Hi, I think Donald Trump is unacceptable so I'm going to light my vote on fire.

He's running in 2020 and wants to establish his #NeverTrump bona fides in the event that Trump gets wiped out.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
calm the gently caress down you guys

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's hard to calm down when you're busy laughing at the fact that conservatives are now betamaling themselves for putin

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Radish posted:

If one possibly/possibly not an outlier poll from a state which Obama lost last election is all it takes for you to freak out and proclaim Trump the next president, you probably shouldn't watch the news for the next seven days or you will have a nervous breakdown.

The consequences of a loss, however unlikely, is a hell of a lot worse than normal for an election.

If I was offered a choice between a 1 term Trump followed by a 2 term Democrat (if we're still alive) or a 1 term Clinton followed by a 2 term Republican and those were the only options, I would probably choose the latter.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

FBI Director Comey is going to run in 2020 folks. He now has anti-Hilllary cred and can be seen as a serious person.

:tinfoil:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

comingafteryouall posted:

FBI Director Comey is going to run in 2020 folks. He now has anti-Hilllary cred and can be seen as a serious person.

:tinfoil:
If he's still even an American citizen at that point :commissar:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Suffer from anxiety problems and I'm latino: can you blame me for losing it when thinks look good for Trump?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I think I'll buy some rum today and pretend it's election night since everyone else is freaking out like it is.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Northjayhawk posted:

He's running in 2020 and wants to establish his #NeverTrump bona fides in the event that Trump gets wiped out.

Then why not McMullin?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lmao 300 posts over a Trump +7 in NC poll where Hillary is already banked a huge advantage

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Crow Jane posted:

1. He won't be

2. How would that work, exactly? Would it be for NC transplants living in New York but not registered there? Why would people too unmotivated to request an absentee ballot want to endure a ten hour bus ride?
He's ferrying NC-ians (?) to their polling stations in NC. Or something. I'm not sure I understood the plan, he just asked for a bus to rent in NC for ferrying around people on election day.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

The Rokstar posted:

I'm trying really hard not to Arzy but I'm already extremely prone to anxiety by nature and it's tough :ohdear:

Just relax. Buy some discounted Halloween candy from the drug store. Start a tv series you've been meaning to watch. Enjoy the fall weather. The week will be over before you know it, and Hillary will be our new President.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Crowsbeak posted:

Then why not McMullin?

Egg McMuffin is not the highly-respected governor of a swing state.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Another poll came out of NC today and it was Clinton +3

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Calm

Down

Jesus

Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

Suffer from anxiety problems and I'm latino: can you blame me for losing it when thinks look good for Trump?

Sup anxiety disorder having buddy. :ohdear::hf::ohdear:

I'm just going to try even harder to stay off the internet and avoid the news for the next week, I think.

• Locked thread