Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Kiggles posted:

Dawnguard and Dragonborn did not add some of their new, general purpose equipment/items to level lists outside their own content. So for example, you wouldn't find Nordic weapons outside of Dragonborn NPCs/areas.
Dragonborn added Nordic equipment to the generic loot lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Raygereio posted:

Dragonborn added Nordic equipment to the generic loot lists.

poo poo

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Kiggles posted:

Dawnguard and Dragonborn did not add some of their new, general purpose equipment/items to level lists outside their own content. So for example, you wouldn't find Nordic weapons outside of Dragonborn NPCs/areas.

Ah, I see. I didn't even know that the SE was still using separate plugins for everything.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I only heard about the free SE upgrade after it was released. So I'm probably out of luck on this one, is there still any way to claim my free upgrade?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I only heard about the free SE upgrade after it was released. So I'm probably out of luck on this one, is there still any way to claim my free upgrade?

If you have the legendary edition or all the DLC, the special edition will be in your library. Otherwise you'll need to rebuy it.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Do you have any plans for SSE, Rose?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is there a mod that relaxes the usage limit on the Orc racial ability? I never tried an Orc or 2-handers until the SE launched. The first dungeon I went in ended in a battle with a necromancer and an endless supply of undead to murder and I don't know how I would have done it without berserk + 2H axe. I'd like to be able to use that skill more frequently without having to rest to the next day. I felt like such a badass hacking away while seeing red.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

Is there a mod that relaxes the usage limit on the Orc racial ability? I never tried an Orc or 2-handers until the SE launched. The first dungeon I went in ended in a battle with a necromancer and an endless supply of undead to murder and I don't know how I would have done it without berserk + 2H axe. I'd like to be able to use that skill more frequently without having to rest to the next day. I felt like such a badass hacking away while seeing red.

I like how Imperious does it. Berserk can activate randomly anytime in combat (I think it's like a 2% chance per second) but only as long as it's not on cooldown from being deliberately used. Can happen multiple times a day as long as it's not on cooldown.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

Is there a mod that relaxes the usage limit on the Orc racial ability?
That's simple to do for yourself. If you change it from a Greater Power to a Lesser Power, you can use it as much as you want.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Raygereio posted:

That's simple to do for yourself. If you change it from a Greater Power to a Lesser Power, you can use it as much as you want.

Is this done with the creation kit? I've never messed with it but I'll give this a shot if it'll let me see red and cleave heads.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Potato Jones posted:

Since it's an all-in-one thing, does the Special Edition alter the loot lists at all?

I was hoping for this as well but then I looked in the installation folder and saw that they are all still separate ESMs. oh well :effort:

Remember how the coding for VATS was in OG skyrim, But it was unfinished or whatever? Maybe it's possible now, I wouldn't bet on it but how cool would that be?

VV that's what I meant, but I want full VATS and it would be cool if they accidentally left all of the framework for it when transferring the engine over.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 1, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

thats actually what the killcam system is.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

Is this done with the creation kit? I've never messed with it but I'll give this a shot if it'll let me see red and cleave heads.
You can use the CK for it.
Install the CK with Bethesda.net launcher. When you launch it for the first time, it'll ask if you want it to unpack the script source archive, you can ignore that until you want to edit/create scripts.
Open up Skyrim.esm. It'll spit out one or more errors at you. That's normal, just press Cancel.
In the Object Window, enter "RaceOrcBerserk" in the filter. If nothing shows up, be sure to select "*All" in the window underneath it. Two entries should show up, right-click on the Spel FormType & hit Edit.
In the window that pops up, to the left you should see "Type" with a dropdown menu next to it that has "Power" selected. Set that to "Lesser Power". Click on Ok.
You're done! All that's left is to save the plugin. Congratulations, you've now popped your CK cherry.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Raygereio you are a saint.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

So, SSE seems a pretty nice improvement over old Skyrim now that there are a bunch of mods for it and I got it through my thick skull that indeed, you might have to put some work in to get older mods to work in SSE. This is probably something a lot of people know already, but I thought I'd at least link my findings in porting over the old Caribou Gone for personal use, since at the time Skyrim Flora Overhaul wasn't ported.

1. Textures can no longer use tga as a format. It'll probably crash SSE.
2. SSE uses a newer version of the .nif format. Old ones might or might not work. It also might or might not look like complete arse.

To port older mods that have meshes and textures attached, you'll want the CK (obviously), as well as NifSkope and Intel Texture Works for Photoshop.. I believe there might also be a non-plugin variant of.

If you have a lot of .nif files to convert, NifSkope can be a bit of a pain. Fortunately, Zilav over on AFKmods has written NifModify, which is a command-line batch converter for meshes. Further instructions for it in the link.

Speaking of which, there's a decent thread on AFKMods with information about porting mods from Skyrim to SSE. Also, the instructions for Intel Texture Works for Fallout 4 work fine for SSE.

Very basic mods can be ported by just opening them in the CK and resaving them. Best not run SSEedit on them before you've passed them through CK, for reasons outlined in the AFKMods link. In porting Caribou Gone, it needed further cleaning after resaving in CK, so you probably don't want to skip that step. Also, mods that include facegen must be run through CK, or you get completely black faces.

I'm running 120 esp/esm:s not counting SSEs own ones here plus a bunch of texture/mesh-only mods and the game is running smoothly and hasn't crashed at all today, which I can't say ever really happened with the old one.

Anyway, hope this is helpful to someone!

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 1, 2016

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Raygereio I left you a nice note on your Shut Up mod. I pounced on it as soon as I saw it was up.

Thanks to everyone else who linked the SkyUI file. Going to attempt to install it and check it out for myself. Then I will share with friends. :)

I feel goofy that I'm happy that True Eyes SE and True Brows SE are also up.

Ok, Im a casual modder who uses NMM. How do I properly install the SkyUI 2.2 file? Extract it and drop the data file on data?

EDIT:: ok, I pointed NMM at the zip file and it placed it. Activate it, but it doesnt show up in the mods list. I started my game just fine and I see the SkyUI set up :)

Svanja fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 1, 2016

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So are we stuck using NMM for now or is MO working too?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Svanja posted:

Raygereio I left you a nice note on your Shut Up mod. I pounced on it as soon as I saw it was up.

Thanks to everyone else who linked the SkyUI file. Going to attempt to install it and check it out for myself. Then I will share with friends. :)

I feel goofy that I'm happy that True Eyes SE and True Brows SE are also up.

Ok, Im a casual modder who uses NMM. How do I properly install the SkyUI 2.2 file? Extract it and drop the data file on data?

Download the zip folder from wherever you found it at. Open up NMM, on the mods tab there should be a big green plus button. Press that, "add mod from file", and select the .zip. It'll unpack it automatically and store it where it needs to be stored. Then just "activate and install".

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Poala Bear posted:

Download the zip folder from wherever you found it at. Open up NMM, on the mods tab there should be a big green plus button. Press that, "add mod from file", and select the .zip. It'll unpack it automatically and store it where it needs to be stored. Then just "activate and install".

Hahah thank you Poala, I figured it out just as you attempted to help me!

Its so good to see this again.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Deified Data posted:

Do you have any plans for SSE, Rose?

To play it and enjoy it :v:

I want to learn more papyrus scripting so I may make a few mods to play around with that. But otherwise no plans or, frankly, even ideas at this stage.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Killsion posted:

So are we stuck using NMM for now or is MO working too?

The MO guy was hired to do NMM full time, so it's the go-to right now.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

wiegieman posted:

Does this mean NMM also now does the thing MO did where it wouldn't actually replace anything?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Killsion posted:

Does this mean NMM also now does the thing MO did where it wouldn't actually replace anything?

Nope...

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

That's the whole reason MO was better than NMM though... So why is NMM now the "go-to"?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Killsion posted:

That's the whole reason MO was better than NMM though... So why is NMM now the "go-to"?

wiegieman posted:

There is no more Mod Organizer because the guy behind it now works for The Nexus on Nexus Mod Manager.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

From what I remember reading on their announcement, there will be an in-depth virtual directory mode and such implemented, but they'll also be keeping a simple mode for the usual types who frequent :nexus:.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Killsion posted:

Because your other option is literally manually dropping mods in the data directory.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I found this when I was considering giving up my thousand year quest to perfectly mod Oldrim:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/59s8z9/guide_mod_organizer_with_special_edition/

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The tl;dr is that we're currently in a transitional period in Skyrim modding, and even if things will be awesome long-term, transition periods still suck.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Hey yo, a request for people coming up with super useful guides: would you be interested in putting them up on the wiki?

http://tesgoons.wikidot.com/

Just send a join request and mention it in the thread and I'll add you.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Killsion posted:

Not yet. They're creating a new mod manager from scratch, and everyone assumes that means using a virtual file system.

Arthmoor will continue to cry into his goblet of Mountain Dew and use Weyrauch Bash, I'm sure.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Run For Your Lives and When Vampires Attack are here if anyone was waiting on those. They sound like a necessity for Open Cities.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Turns out if you have a mod with an ESM that hasn't been properly converted for SE yet, extracting the BSA to loose files will let SE run it just fine. Little buggy in places but mostly in missing textures ways, rather than enormous crashes. Means I can run my preferred ETAC + Dawn of Skyrim setup on SE.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Orv posted:

Turns out if you have a mod with an ESM that hasn't been properly converted for SE yet, extracting the BSA to loose files will let SE run it just fine. Little buggy in places but mostly in missing textures ways, rather than enormous crashes. Means I can run my preferred ETAC + Dawn of Skyrim setup on SE.

Somewhere, after a week of smug self-satisfaction and ego stroking, Arthmoor is suddenly howling with fury and he has no idea why.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah, I think I may have misinterpreted what they meant by new formats. Meshes are slightly different, the BSA format is different under the hood, but textures and sounds seem 100% compatible.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Agents are GO! posted:

Yeah, I think I may have misinterpreted what they meant by new formats. Meshes are slightly different, the BSA format is different under the hood, but textures and sounds seem 100% compatible.

Yeah, pretty much. Older meshes may or may not need converting to avoid flickering graphics and textures just work so long as they are in dds format and not tga (and to be fair, I don't remember when I last saw a mod use those). There are some really exotic dds encodings SE won't do, but that's easy enough to fix.

Heck, now that the CK is out it shouldn't be too hard to repack .bsa archives as needed either. At least this engine iteration doesn't seem to have loading times impacted much by those.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
REALLLY getting tired of NMMs bullshit.

I'm thinking I may just get MO running with SSE. I first had an issue where it wasn't adding anything because they were all hung up in the queue. Which I didn't know was a thing until I stumbled on the little tab in the bottom. Which....why in the gently caress won't that tab stay open damnit?! Anyways, I figured out it was waiting for me to log in. Then, once that was sorted out, I'm having issues where it adds the mod to the stupid mod folder, but won't actually add it to the list.

What a clunky piece of poo poo. Honestly, nexus would be best off just to scrap their entire poo poo "program" and let the MO guy bring plain old MO in.

gently caress!

Ok, rant aside, I'm really enjoying SSE. The rain occlusion is HUGE for me. I used to absolutely hate sitting under a bridge or roof even and have rain clipping through it. I never really liked how clunky the shelter mod was either. I'm looking forward to the war mods, especially now that more than an eighth of the npcs will actually fight now.

EDIT: What in the ever-loving-gently caress? I checked the queue where my mod said it was completed, as-in adding it (whatever that means). And it had an option to pause it, so I hit that. Then I hit the little play button. Then, it installs a completely random mod?! Not even one I downloaded, or wanted, or knew about. What the gently caress is going on?!

EDIT: EDIT: It's fixed. The mod installed and showed up in the list. No idea how...or why... but it's working. Christ.

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 2, 2016

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Arkitektbmw posted:

Which....why in the gently caress won't that tab stay open damnit?!

If you hover your mouse over the Download Manager tab, to the right of the label is a pin icon you can click to keep the tab up. Same applies to the "Mod Activation Queue" tab. Jus an fyi to save you a little bit of headache.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Arkitektbmw posted:

REALLLY getting tired of NMMs bullshit.

I'm thinking I may just get MO running with SSE.

As far as I know, MO literally won't work with SSE: MO doesn't work with 64bit executables.

I'm using Wrye Bash, because goddamn it I had to learn it for FCOM, I might as well put those skills to use. I might throw together a little guide to using it if there's enough interest.

Is there an SSE-capable LOOT available yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

As far as I know, MO literally won't work with SSE: MO doesn't work with 64bit executables.
There's a guide on how to get MO2 to work with SkyrimSE floating around. Which basically has you tricking MO2 into thinking you're playing OldSkyrim.
It's cludgy hack, but apparently it works for some. To anyone who now rushes off to download MO2: MO2 never got out of beta. It still has a lot of bugs and unfinished features. It's probably best to switch over to WryeBash if NMM annoys you.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Nov 2, 2016