Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's crazy to think of wrt space mountains queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Love those night time shots, and the Buzz shot is sweet.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bottom Liner posted:

I also took some photos last week, enjoy!

Album if you want to save any for a wallpaper
http://imgur.com/a/IwfDO

You have a gift. Nice, nice photos!

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

That is a wonderful shot

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Seriously, that is amazing. Out of curiosity, what were your exposure settings for that one? What are you shooting on? It's gorgeous.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Thanks everyone. The Buzz shot was 1/60 ISO 1600 f/1.8 on a Nikon D750/20mm 1.8.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
...can you take one of splash mountain.l...

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The last one of the pumpkins is fab. Requesting Everest and Tower!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

These are my favorites of AK, taken at sunrise one morning before opening last year. I can dig up the full res if you want any higher. Been waiting on a stormy evening at HS to get a good one of Tower!

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 30, 2016

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Dugong posted:

The last one of the pumpkins is fab. Requesting Everest and Tower!

I love ToT's queue.

Also I guess Everest looks nice.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 31, 2016

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Those Everest shots are everything. Great eye.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
BBS, we're you working unloading at mansion Friday night? Might have seen you. In any case, will be dressed up with my wife as Marty Mcfly and Jennifer at AK and HS tomorrow then Trader Sam's to close out the night. Back at MK Tuesday and probably downtown Disney Tuesday night before we leave Wednesday morning.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

These are my favorites of AK, taken at sunrise one morning before opening last year. I can dig up the full res if you want any higher. Been waiting on a stormy evening at HS to get a good one of Tower!

tree shot is nice, the tree looks really nice in the morning light.

The buzz lightyear shot from last page was fantastic too.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
One of our bus drivers informed us yesterday that Indiana Jones, Muppets 3D, and One Man's Dream are on their way out soon. He spoke pretty matter-of-factly on the subject, so I'm going to assume he isn't just gossiping with us.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Bus drivers are the "My Dad works for Nintendo" of the Walt Disney World resort. And Muppet's area just got renamed and they rethemed an entire restaurant to the Muppets. That ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Epic has been rumored to go for years, but probably not until things start getting finished there.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I don't doubt that the Muppet area will be around for the long run given recent additions, but Muppet 3D is overdue for an update or replacement. It is fairly dated at this point.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The bus drivers are contracted out by Mears. I really doubt they're privy to too much inside info.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Saw this on reddit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYdnCDidXgo

Tony Baxter is so awesome :allears:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

BlueBayou posted:

Saw this on reddit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYdnCDidXgo

Tony Baxter is so awesome :allears:

Pretty sure the date they suggest is wrong, the guy mentions that miniatures of the bat handrails were made that sold out and now you'd have to get one on eBay. That puts the filming of this at at least 1995, probably later.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
I have a sort of silly question. :shobon:

My husband and I wanted to go to Disney World for my birthday and be in Magic Kingdom on the actual date. Considering that my birthday is November 11th (Remembrance/Veterans Day), we held off by a week because we figured it would be busy.

A good friend who has been to the parks a zillion times told me that you can get an "It's My Birthday" sticker at the park.

We're still going to celebrate my birthday at MK, but what I want to know is: If I ask for a sticker, are they going to ask me for my ID to prove that it's really my birthday, or is there a little wiggle room in that regard? It's a four day difference but I don't know if they're hard asses about it or if they're cool with partying a little belatedly.

I want to eat the grey stuff. :unsmith:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cais posted:

Bus drivers are the "My Dad works for Nintendo" of the Walt Disney World resort. And Muppet's area just got renamed and they rethemed an entire restaurant to the Muppets. That ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Epic has been rumored to go for years, but probably not until things start getting finished there.

Indy is probably going to go once they start earnest work on Star Wars, since I believe it's taking up a chunk of the ideal footprint.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cheese Pain posted:

I have a sort of silly question. :shobon:

My husband and I wanted to go to Disney World for my birthday and be in Magic Kingdom on the actual date. Considering that my birthday is November 11th (Remembrance/Veterans Day), we held off by a week because we figured it would be busy.

A good friend who has been to the parks a zillion times told me that you can get an "It's My Birthday" sticker at the park.

We're still going to celebrate my birthday at MK, but what I want to know is: If I ask for a sticker, are they going to ask me for my ID to prove that it's really my birthday, or is there a little wiggle room in that regard? It's a four day difference but I don't know if they're hard asses about it or if they're cool with partying a little belatedly.

I want to eat the grey stuff. :unsmith:

They want to go out of their way to make you happy. I don't think there's a problem with fudging it, I'm pretty sure my dad's done that before.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

You can ask for any button at any time, they don't give a drat. Sometimes they'll give you special treatment (desserts, fast passes, etc), sometimes you'll go a whole day without anyone noticing. Depends on luck and how busy the parks are I guess.

I'll never forget the free churro milkshake with 2 extra churros in it on my birthday last year. drat that was good.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Hey almost birthday buddy (nov 10). I'll be there next week and you better believe I'm going to be hyping that bday button.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Don't know if this will be of interest to anyone, but Van Eaton Galleries are having an auction of Disneyland stuff Nov. 19th. They're already accepting online bids.

http://www.icollector.com/Souvenirs-of-Disneyland-presented-by-Van-Eaton-Galleries_as44936

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

If I'll be there as a sort of honeymoon, where do I go/who do I talk to about getting a button so we get that special treatment too?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

I know you can pick up buttons at resort desks. Guest services or the equivalent at each park (City Hall in MK) are a solid bet. The Internet says you can get em from restaurants too, apparently?

Also, Lordy do I want to put a bid on the unused Disneyland park ticket. I have no idea where I'd put such a thing though. Not to mention, you know. :homebrew:

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
Thanks so much for the input on birthday buttons, everyone. I'm so excited to celebrate at Disney World!

My husband is a more reserved person than I am and he doesn't care much for public attention, so I'm hoping he won't be too upset with me if I insist on wearing both the first visit and birthday buttons at the same time. Just for one day!

Anya posted:

Hey almost birthday buddy (nov 10). I'll be there next week and you better believe I'm going to be hyping that bday button.

Awesome! :hfive: I hope you have a great time!

Twelve more sleeps and we'll be flying to Orlando. I still can't believe it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Omne posted:

If I'll be there as a sort of honeymoon, where do I go/who do I talk to about getting a button so we get that special treatment too?

Let them know at check in at your resort and they'll hook you up with buttons for every drat thing. First time visit? You get a button! Honeymoon? You get a button! Birthday? You get a button! Celebrating something generic? YOU GET A BUTTTTON!

And they do not ask for ID if you say it's your birthday. I know for a fact because I went back in January for a girl's trip and it was my friend's birthday but she wanted us all to celebrate so all three of us got birthday buttons. My birthday is in September. No one asked. No one cared. And I ate my free cupcakes and no fucks were given that day.

You can also get buttons at Guest Relations at any park.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Anyone seeing the new castle projection show this week? We're going next Tuesday to see it, super excited because the projection stuff is some of my favorite Disney magic.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Yes, I'll probably see it sometime between the 4th and the 7th. I'm looking forward to it!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
AP's did you check your email for the MVMCP special discount? $79 for select dates in Nov.. and Dec 1.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Sigh...have to get on the Tragical Express back to the airport tomorrow.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Might drive down to the kingdom for one last food and wine trip. Is it sweater weather there yet?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Quixotic1 posted:

Might drive down to the kingdom for one last food and wine trip. Is it sweater weather there yet?

Lol

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Drat, I love it when it's freezing in the parks,even better when you get those super lite drizzle of rain(maybe I should move to the northwest territories). Nothing better than the freezing your face off from the wind while waiting 30 for fantasmic to start.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Quixotic1 posted:

Lol

Sweater weather doesn't start till end of november/december....and then it's only after the sun goes down.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Here's all the merch for Very Merry Christmas Party. I'm going on the 14th!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/commemorative-merchandise-for-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-2016-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The Elsa on the pin looks very Tilda Swinton-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I'm leaving on Friday for nine days. Pretty excited to go and enjoy mostly food and wine as well as my first trip to Universal. It looks kind of warm still but I'm hoping it'll be decently comfortable.