Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

My problem with WoFF is that why would I ever want to use Jiant stacks when the Liant forms are much cuter :colbert:

Which is a shame because there are a lot of cool M size Mirages.

Being forced to use the humans instead of being full on Mirage stacks is my single biggest compaint about the game. It seems to be doing well enough to warrant a sequel, so hopefully that make that change or just add a 3rd stack. Jiant forms are the worst.

Gilgamesh is awesome, who cares if you draw bad swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Nephzinho posted:

Being forced to use the humans instead of being full on Mirage stacks is my single biggest compaint about the game. It seems to be doing well enough to warrant a sequel, so hopefully that make that change or just add a 3rd stack. Jiant forms are the worst.

I don't mind being forced into using the main characters so much, but I wish they didn't take up Mirage slots. I also wish XL Mirages didn't take up a slot or just had their own separate slot or something.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't mind being forced into using the main characters so much, but I wish they didn't take up Mirage slots. I also wish XL Mirages didn't take up a slot or just had their own separate slot or something.

I haven't used XL yet, might if I ever decide to bench my Behemoth. On chapter 19 or 20 and haven't needed them or Champions at all. I've pretty much kept Holy Dragon, Behemoth, and the 3 basic summons in my party all game with a fairly active rotation on the remaining spaces.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm level 11 and don't really have my head wrapped around abilities combining yet (sometimes having x+y abilities in the same stack results in z or something). But I threw some cute mirages on top of the girl and now she has Curaga at level 11.

Seems useful.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Huxley posted:

I'm level 11 and don't really have my head wrapped around abilities combining yet (sometimes having x+y abilities in the same stack results in z or something). But I threw some cute mirages on top of the girl and now she has Curaga at level 11.

Seems useful.

If two people in a stack know cure they'll have access to Cura.

If three people in the stack know cure they'll have Curaga

If two people in the stack of Cure and Cura they'll also have Curaga

It's about as deep as that as far as I understand.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If two people in a stack know cure they'll have access to Cura.

If three people in the stack know cure they'll have Curaga

If two people in the stack of Cure and Cura they'll also have Curaga

It's about as deep as that as far as I understand.

There are certain skills that combine from different abilities and spells can go up to Aja but yeah.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Basically like FF Crystal Chronicles spell fusion, then? I'm sure there's already a guide for that anyways.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

thorsilver posted:

edit: I guess that's pretty much the same thing you were saying really :v:

Yeah pretty much. Totally playable just not without its flaws, which is to be expected.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Actually how do you handle Odin in WoFF?

I was wiping the floor with him until he decided he was tired of that and just instagibbed everyone.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I don't know about the combining abilities but I ended up with Flare most of the time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Actually how do you handle Odin in WoFF?

I was wiping the floor with him until he decided he was tired of that and just instagibbed everyone.

It's the same as old-school Odin. He's on a time limit, so you have to finish him as fast as possible. Remember he takes 200% damage from Lightning. (The, uh, element, not the character.)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/424882/world-of-final-fantasy-static-arts-mini-magitek-armor

Someone buy this for me TIA

They need to do this for every creature in the game. And make funko pops of every Champion.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
That would be perfect if you had a lilikin version of Lann or Reynn to pilot it.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I just preordered the digital deluxe edition of FFXV cause I'm a crazy man.

I remember in the Platinum demo if you finished it it unlocks something for the main game, right? Do I have to have the demo installed still?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nephzinho posted:

I hope the sequel just has 12 size slots or something where each size has a numerical value such as 1 for S, 2 for M, 3 for L and 5 for XL. Then just fill it up to the limit as you want.

Also once you beat the game, you can sub out the Jiants and run pure mirage parties. :parrot:

Are there really no references to FF12 in WoFF? Truly the devs understand which FF game is the worst and excluded it. Even 2 got the airship.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I tried like 20 times to imprism cerberus when it was on 10 hp and couldn't get it :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are there really no references to FF12 in WoFF? Truly the devs understand which FF game is the worst and excluded it. Even 2 got the airship.

I think we're just missing 12 and 14 with references.

What multiplayer stacks are people running? I've been messing around with Baby Tonberry / Gilgamesh / Behemoth and punching things to death.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 1, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

more like dICK posted:

I tried like 20 times to imprism cerberus when it was on 10 hp and couldn't get it :(

You can(and should) repeatedly do the imprism requirements for mirages. The ring under them gets brighter and the audio tone changes each time to indicate that you have a higher chance to imprism them.

Pokemon rules don't apply ie sleep / low hp.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It was kind of silly that instead of a character from FFXII or another mainline title, Shelke was included and introduced with a cutscene where everyone agrees that she's great and a hero and not terrible.

Nephzinho posted:

I think we're just missing 12 and 14 with references.
The red magitek armor's description is a FFXIV reference.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Potato Jones posted:

It was kind of silly that instead of a character from FFXII or another mainline title, Shelke was included and introduced with a cutscene where everyone agrees that she's great and a hero and not terrible.

Even weirder is an obscure character from a random Crystal Chronicles spinoff to be honest.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Shoren posted:

That would be perfect if you had a lilikin version of Lann or Reynn to pilot it.

There is an exactly zero percent chance that there won't be WoFF nendoroids that look like they came right out of the game.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You can(and should) repeatedly do the imprism requirements for mirages. The ring under them gets brighter and the audio tone changes each time to indicate that you have a higher chance to imprism them.

Pokemon rules don't apply ie sleep / low hp.

Oh dang didn't know that. I ran out of electric marbles so I couldn't do anymore attempts. At least they give you the momento so you can just make one yourself.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

There is an exactly zero percent chance that there won't be WoFF nendoroids that look like they came right out of the game.

I'm going to have to have my credit card taken away from me. I don't have any room in my office to even put toys, but want.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

This would own, I would totally get a WoL.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I just beat the final boss, spoilers

What was the right plan of attack on him because jesus the difficulty loving skyrocketed and I had to chew through megalixers like nuts because he randomly sped up and was inflicting party wide confuse literally every other turn. Like that was the worst kind of hell. I literally won because one of my confused stacks just randomly bopped him over the head right before he wiped us.

Now I have dancing babies on my screen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What was the right plan of attack on him because jesus the difficulty loving skyrocketed and I had to chew through megalixers like nuts because he randomly sped up and was inflicting party wide confuse literally every other turn. Like that was the worst kind of hell. I literally won because one of my confused stacks just randomly bopped him over the head right before he wiped us.

Reflect will block his attack that confuses you. You can also slap an anti-confusion seed on your monsters. You get at least one from the Colosseum.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

Reflect will block his attack that confuses you. You can also slap an anti-confusion seed on your monsters. You get at least one from the Colosseum.

Fair enough, shame on me as I literally had carbuncle during it so argh.

I know some people have said there's a post game but... is there a trigger for it or is it more of a "wander around and just fill stuff out" type deal? I'm not entirely sure what my goal is as I finished up all the intervention quests and now I'm just kinda... not sure what to do if anything.

I also unlocked Diva Seraphine but I still can't transfig Tama, go figure.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Potato Jones posted:

I was wondering who the hell she he even was since I didn't play that game and just watched a roommate groan through it. It really felt like they were overcompensating for that game's unpopularity by piling on the praise, though maybe that was part of the joke.

The lack of FF12 representation is pretty disappointing. Even if FF12 isn't the most well-loved game in the series, people tend to love Balthier and considering he's "crossed dimensions" (sort of) in FF games before, he would have been a fine addition.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Fair enough, shame on me as I literally had carbuncle during it so argh.

I know some people have said there's a post game but... is there a trigger for it or is it more of a "wander around and just fill stuff out" type deal? I'm not entirely sure what my goal is as I finished up all the intervention quests and now I'm just kinda... not sure what to do if anything.

I also unlocked Diva Seraphine but I still can't transfig Tama, go figure.

If you do every single intervention quest then you have to beat the final boss again and you'll get a special post-credits cutscene and unlock it.

I think you also need to have all the plot-related summons. (Ramuh, Shiva, Leviathan, Bahamut, Ifrit, Diabolos and Odin.)

Did you check the adventure log? There are quest rewards there too including mementos. including the one for Tama's transfig.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 1, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I loved the last boss. It was great how the countdown to his super move started at 5 turns, then 3 until it finally became instant. I can't remember the last time there was a semi challenging final boss in a RPG. Maybe FF13 if you couldn't hit the dps check so he just started casting Death which could give you a game over if it hit your party leader haha.

In fact I really liked the whole ending sequence. From failing to beat Brandelis so Lann had to seal himself, the fakeout ending, learning everything was their fault for being stupid children, to having a challenging last boss. Also a villain that was powerful enough that you can't actually beat him with punches, but the best they could hope to do was seal him behind the gate(but not before trying to seal him in a crystal again and still failing).

Ending credits were good, but God Hand still reigns supreme.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Cao Ni Ma posted:

How does WoFF run on the vita? I have both consoles but would rather play it on the go

It runs fine, I got 15+ hours in including on a flight

Andrast posted:

I haven't personally played the vita version but apparently it suffers from pretty significant frame drops.

On the positive side, the game works really well over remote play.

Not really? There's a bit of a hitch sometimes as it loads data from the memory stick but I haven't noticed any obvious frame skipping

Shoren posted:

I just realized that this is a good way of getting a quick boost in your mirage's stats. I had unlocked mirage boards for those related species, but didn't know how to access them because I didn't expect you could transfigure except along the main evolution path. Unlocking nodes on the related mirage boards will carry across transfigurations, except for the green ones listed on their whole ability list.

I'm just about to start for the first key and I used the only elixir I've gotten so far on a Magic Jar :negative:

If you have the preorder DLC, then go to the Coliseum and imprism the white chocobo. This can learn banish, which is a holy spell. That's the earliest I know about. Definitely do it because the holy dragon is awesome.

Can u keep imprismed creatures even if you flee a battle? I'm pretty sure I'd get wrecked by those dragons but if I could ninja capture one and run away that would be cool

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah it's great. I recall laughing when Lann died or sealed himself away or whatever that was. I figured "of course Wyn saved the parents and got away and now I gotta save Lann somehow." ...Then the credits started "Wait, is it seriously doing the fake credits thing too? Man they sure are going all out" and just slowly started thinking oh poo poo this is really happening how the hell do I get the good ending then? Then y'know.

Hey if you're going to spoil everything up to the apparently trick ending keep going please.....

Varance posted:

To be fair, you can develop some killer stacks with a Moogle. In the below screenshot, Greg brings Protect/Shell/Haste and the Mightiest of Swords, Moogle brings Atk+ and Healing, combining the two will get you Aerora/Aeroga and all it takes is a Cura and Thundara mirajewel to unlock Curaga and Thundaga, respectively. Once you get a Holy mirajewel from a Memocoleous, pop that into the mix to unlock Flare.

Shame on you for not actually renaming him Greg

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Can u keep imprismed creatures even if you flee a battle? I'm pretty sure I'd get wrecked by those dragons but if I could ninja capture one and run away that would be cool

I'm pretty sure you can. I think you can even keep them if you die after imprisiming them but I never checked.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In regards to the Sephiorth model and the dancing ones I'm kinda wondering if I'm crazy for thinking they're kinda creepy instead of cute.

Dunno what it is but they seem a little too detailed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I loved the last boss. It was great how the countdown to his super move started at 5 turns, then 3 until it finally became instant. I can't remember the last time there was a semi challenging final boss in a RPG. Maybe FF13 if you couldn't hit the dps check so he just started casting Death which could give you a game over if it hit your party leader haha.

Just rematched the final boss and I didn't realize he jumps straight to firing his nuke off at super low HP. I was able to survive it but the entire animation I had a expression on my face that was hard to describe.

Ya got me, game.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 2, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In regards to the Sephiorth model and the dancing ones I'm kinda wondering if I'm crazy for thinking they're kinda creepy instead of cute.

Dunno what it is but they seem a little too detailed.

Having realistic hair atop super-simple models is sort of odd.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In other news, Final Fantasy XIV added some big Tactics Ogre references today.

Nybeth Obdilord winds up in the world of Hydaelyn and is the floor 100 boss of the Palace of the Dead.

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 2, 2016

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
I kind of feel like I should give xiv another go

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 2, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't like that they used his lich form. Also because he did literally nothing wrong.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

FFXIV is a weird game for me to come at, because with crossover, celebration or other reference-heavy games there's always something I feel they're missing that I'd like to see from them. I thought Sonic Generations needed a bit more Sonic Advance love, I think Record Keeper needs to put more effort into making some less-popular realms and characters more viable to use, stuff like that.

But with XIV I'm just... stuck, because they're already doing such a good job I don't think there's anything I'd want that they haven't added. I could say that I'd really like to see them toss in Minwu, but I'm not confident he isn't already in there somewhere!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

FFXIV is a weird game for me to come at, because with crossover, celebration or other reference-heavy games there's always something I feel they're missing that I'd like to see from them. I thought Sonic Generations needed a bit more Sonic Advance love, I think Record Keeper needs to put more effort into making some less-popular realms and characters more viable to use, stuff like that.

But with XIV I'm just... stuck, because they're already doing such a good job I don't think there's anything I'd want that they haven't added. I could say that I'd really like to see them toss in Minwu, but I'm not confident he isn't already in there somewhere!

The thing about XIV is that it not only has a lot of references (particularly to 3, 6, 9 and 12) but it also stands completely on its own as a Final Fantasy by virtue of there being so much of it. The big Tactics Ogre reference is in a completely optional piece of content that also happens to fit into the world lore-wise. It's incredibly well handled most of the time, the only ones that are not so are the big, obvious crossover events, like when Lightning or Shantotto showed up to promote an expansion to 11 and 13-3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is there an active WOFF thread or is it all happening in here? I didn't see one when I looked through the topic list