Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I am so sad these are actually complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

site posted:

Way to stick it to those uppity sjws by detailing a butthole and vulva through a costume you taught those fuckers a lesson!!!

oh god I thought you were kidding then I scrolled down :stonk:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

Well that's a given. I mean, Goosebumps was great when I was a kid, but upon even the slightest bit of scrutiny later, it ain't high art

Maybe it's just because I was a little too old for it, but even as a kid I thought Goosebumps was godawful.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe it's just because I was a little too old for it, but even as a kid I thought Goosebumps was godawful.

I'm going to feed you to my can of monster blood

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
"Go eat worms" was my go to insult for a while when I was a child because of Goosebumps. Sure whatever Stine is doing now for Marvel is unlikely to be great but it will be fun to see what he writing.

Thinking about it, it's probably a Monsters Unleashed tie in.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I want Stine to write a spooky comic starring Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, and Nova.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Cho's not a terrible artist so it's a pity he seems to be a terrible person.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In retrospect my favourite Goosebumps thing was a bit from the one where the kid is transformed into a bee, and one chapter ends with his narration going, "Then suddenly, a dragonfly caught me and bit me in half!" then the very next chapter starts with him thinking, "Wow, that was a weird daydream."

I think there was another book where the narrator thinks, "I stepped into the house and heard a blood-curdling scream!" as the last line of a chapter, then the next one starts with, "But it was only a cat."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

twistedmentat posted:

The way many MRA style nerds act, it has. They really act like sexy ladies are completely banned, and not basically everywhere, even more so than before.

This is why I never discuss comics online anywhere but among facebook friends and here. I was posting about how CW2 was making me feel like Kamala, with my favorite hero going insane and evil, and someone said "How can you like Captain Marvel now with her costume? Don't you miss the old one that showed off her rear end?".

Just no.
Nerds are the goddamn worst, even worse than jocks now that I think about it

Also while the Main Goosebumps series suck in retrospect I will always have a soft spot for the CYOA Goosebumps books

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

In retrospect my favourite Goosebumps thing was a bit from the one where the kid is transformed into a bee, and one chapter ends with his narration going, "Then suddenly, a dragonfly caught me and bit me in half!" then the very next chapter starts with him thinking, "Wow, that was a weird daydream."

I think there was another book where the narrator thinks, "I stepped into the house and heard a blood-curdling scream!" as the last line of a chapter, then the next one starts with, "But it was only a cat."

I am praying that Stein's comic will have those cheap chapter cliffhangers between every single issue.
Just imagine:

Steve Rodgers: "Hail Hydra!"
One month passes.
Steve Rodgers: "Excuse me. Was holding back a wicked sneeze. So like I was saying, the hailstorm really ruined the hydrant outside the mansion."

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Lurdiak posted:

It's gonna blow.

it might be good depending on what ghostwriter Stine taps to do it for him

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I'm already spooked.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

are you afraid of the dark for life.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That goddamn Super Specs episode is still the creepiest piece of gently caress that I've ever seen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

El Tortuga posted:

I want Stine to write a spooky comic starring Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, and Nova.

I'd love this. They're such a great group together, and work both serious and silly.

And Frank Cho is worse than Greg Land. At least Land doesn't pretend he's some kind of crusader for free speech or something. And that's what disgusts me the most, the idea that criticism is censorship, that somehow people who say "that's gross" or "that's wrong" are somehow oppressing them. No one is stopping them from doing anything, but then there is a unifying aspect of all the right wing and alt-right people is having incredibly thin skin and constantly being triggered and demanding safe spaces (so they can jerk off and avoid women and minorities). But then they turn around and someone who gets thousands of messages telling them to die or how they deserved to be raped should learn to just deal with it or get off the internet. Yea, yea projecting, but they're so transparent.

I hope that Frank Cho becomes so poisonous that Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, IDW, Image, Oni and basically everyone won't hire him. Maybe he can find himself at home at loving Boundless or that company that makes the sexy zombie girl comics.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 2, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Monaghan posted:

are you afraid of the dark for life.

:rock:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I'd love this. They're such a great group together, and work both serious and silly.

Throw Lockjaw in there for maximum Scooby Doo-ness.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

El Tortuga posted:

Throw Lockjaw in there for maximum Scooby Doo-ness.

And they'd totally hang a lantern on it.

Zoinks Scoob!
Sam, stop doing that.

So is Kamala Daphne or Thelma?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lunella is velma obviously

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Kamala is Velma, Miles is Shaggy, Sam is Daphne, and Young Cyclops is Fred

Lunella can't be there because she'd solve the mystery in three panels, and also it's a school night

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Would that make Viv or Cho Scooby?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
At this point cho seems to be the more chill of the two

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Champions #2 is..............weird.

Really, really drat weird on just, like, every front. I'm kind of regretting buying it (digital styles) without looking first.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BrianWilly posted:

Really, really drat weird on just, like, every front. I'm kind of regretting buying it (digital styles) without looking first.

Yeah, I'm with you, except change kind of to "completely"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BrianWilly posted:

What? I loved it. It felt like an issue of impulse. Also the best wifi password

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Roger's going to be alright in Spider-Woman, right, right? :ohdear:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah, Champions just slipped from my buylist. Kamala's voice seemed more than a bit... Off? I can't quite put my finger on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I enjoyed Champions #1 but I felt the dialogue was slightly forced. #2 is quite a bit worse. I think Mark Waid has lost touch with the kids.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I liked Viv and Cyclops in it, but everyone else seemed off. Plus half the book seemed to serve as completely pointless exposition for things everyone already knew.
Still got a small chuckle out of the trust fall.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I enjoyed Champions #1 but I felt the dialogue was slightly forced. #2 is quite a bit worse. I think Mark Waid has lost touch with the kids.

A 54-year-old out of touch with kids? Don't be absurd!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I didn't like Champions #2, FWIW.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Trying to take a stab at how Kamala seems off; I'd say it's that she seems way less dorky and giddy than she is in her main series? I'm not really seeing much of the excitability I'm used to from her.

It's almost like they wanted her to be the team leader and then tweaked her personality to fit that role.

I can't speak much to the other characters because hers is the only main series I read.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Viv also doesn't sound anything like Viv did in Vision and appears to be written as a 'Beep boop I am a robot and what are feelings' character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

A 54-year-old out of touch with kids? Don't be absurd!

I mean, this is the guy who wrote some of the defining teen comics of all time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
On the other hand, Unworthy Thor #1 proved the irrefutable fact of the universe. Beta Ray Bill best bro.

EDIT: I don't just mean in Marvel, I mean period. Beta Ray Bill is the best bro you could ask for in any media, medium or anything. There aint nothing Bill wont do for you.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 2, 2016

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
There's one Jeff Lemire who's doing the best work of his career in Moon Knight, and another that's just mailing in his Death of X scripts, and I have no idea how they can be the same person.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

One is doing an editorially-direct event comic, the other is doing a c-tier solo title with no connection to anything else at all.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Pureauthor posted:

I didn't like Champions #2, FWIW.

Yeah, me neither. It reads like someone trying to write a parody of a comic that's aimed at millennials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

One is doing an editorially-direct event comic, the other is doing a c-tier solo title with no connection to anything else at all.

The first one has sucked at any other X-Men he's written too.

• Locked thread