Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

clam ache posted:

Jeep plugs on a 4.0 are ridiculously easy. There out in the open and can be reached with just a 5/8 and a ratchet. Dunno which jeep touched you in an inappropriate way but i cant think of a hard one other then the 5.9 Grand Cherokees. Or the 3.7 which has coil that rust themselves in place.....

I dont remember what the AMC 360 was like, but I was picturing the 232 in my rambler and thinking it cant be that easy. Turns out its p drat close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

18e to mission

SIGN FOR VALENTINE

Me: The chicken is in the pot

14 INCH posted:

M ONKEY IS loving THJE FOOTBALL REPEAT loving THE FOOTBALL

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 2, 2016

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I am sitting here in a hotel, reading this thread and watching TV and a loving firestone commercial comes on. All I could do was picture 14" in place of all of the mechanics in the commercial. Thats all I got to contribute

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've got to admit. I really didn't expect this to happen after the endless buildup of trying and failing to get various vehicles running and then getting stranded in Spokane with a vehicle he had ownership of for less than a week but God loving drat well done 14".

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So we've all been drinking here at the site, this is actually happening?

This is fantastic

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

So we've all been drinking here at the site, this is actually happening?

This is fantastic

Do you have a flare gun?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Cellulose encased laser guided bomb

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

I've got to admit. I really didn't expect this to happen after the endless buildup of trying and failing to get various vehicles running and then getting stranded in Spokane with a vehicle he had ownership of for less than a week but God loving drat well done 14".

How dare you not believe in 14.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

1500quidporsche posted:

Reminds me of the time I got a free rapevan from my parents, that had been sitting in their driveway for 3 years with flat tires, filled the tires up, put a new battery and alt in it (dead and seized from sitting, respectively), did the front brakes and wheelbearings (what sidelined it in the first place) and immediately towed my jeep a thousand miles to indiana to go fourwheeling in an abandoned quarry with internet friends I had never met.

Then towed my jeep home a thousand miles at the end of the long weekend, and no more than 700 miles later the transmission exploded (for the fourth time in my family's ownership period) so I loving scrapped the thing for 500 bucks (only a $100 loss, yay, and I kept the cushy bench seats as future garage sofas) and never looked back.

Jeeps do weird things to people. It seems 14 needs to realize the sheer power and responsibility he has been entrusted with though, you can drive a tiny honda flat out and never get in trouble but jeeps are clearly just too much power.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

As a Jeep owner I can say yes, jeeps are the path to madness

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
14" making it to sims's worksite has always been the changing of seasons, or the heat-death of the universe. inevitable, destined, prophesized.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

scuz posted:

14" making it to sims's worksite has always been the changing of seasons, or the heat-death of the universe. inevitable, destined, prophesized.

I thought he'd end up getting there by Greyhound, though. I am stunned that vehicle didn't explode somewhere in Montana.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

scuz posted:

I figure it's still a 50-50 that the season finale of this one ends up with the Pioneer on the White House lawn.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

jeep has a name

oroboros

it eats its own rear end yet lives

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

What an amazing thread

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Deteriorata posted:

I thought he'd end up getting there by Greyhound, though. I am stunned that vehicle didn't explode somewhere in Montana.

Pretty sure it's running on pure hate and determination at this point.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 232 days!)

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Pretty sure it's running on pure hate and determination at this point.

They all are.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

I am stunned that vehicle didn't explode somewhere in Montana.

It did. His rage lives on. He is the machine.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Father forgive me for I have sinned.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

NEBRASKA

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
:f5::f5::f5::f5::f5:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Ronpaul.gif

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Time to break out the

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

The last time I stayed up holding a shotgun waiting for the end result was during the last decade.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Deteriorata posted:

It doesn't even have 200k on the clock yet. A third of the 4.0L jeeps I have bought have had more than that turd does the day I registered them!

Every single one made at least another 50 to 75k and still runs to this day.

I ran one for 15k miles with my foot on the floor and a 1/2" gap burned in the head gasket between holes 3 and 4. Got it stuck in the woods with half the cooling system empty and neutral dropped it repeatedly while banging off the rev limiter into drive and reverse till I wasn't stuck, several minutes later. You could smell the ATF from ten feet away.

That transmission still worked mostly alright 50k miles later and I never even changed the fluid.

4.0L XJs run on hatred and neglect. Mine began failing me when I tried to fix it until it was nice again. I bet that thing will make Florida if he tosses a new set of plugs in it, and that it will do it with less than 5qt of oil consumed if the CCV system is restored to oem specs.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

aaaaaahhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Holy poo poo, it's happening!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I should never have doubted him.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Welp...

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I think I understand Kastein's logic. 14 ended up stumbling on the most appropriate vehicle to bring himself to Valhalla. Well done, all!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

He's in Valentine
Site arrival within 15 mins

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

ExplodingSims posted:

He's in Valentine

:suspense:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
JFC he made it. I thought he was going to die

Someone rename him 14 Inch Furiosa

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

He's in Valentine

This is why something awful was formed and lowtax got his name from the town I am currently sitting in.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

:commissar:

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
This is only the beginning.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

ahahahaaa av/post combo.

fuckin' 5d. way to go 14 inch immortan joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Lines form on my face and hands
Lines form from the ups and downs
I'm in the middle without any plans
I'm a boy and I'm a man

I'm 14