Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Is that book "Where the Wild Things Are"? Oh my gosh Obama is adorable. :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFkN7QGp2c

:siren:HOT NEW TAKE ON DONALD TRUMP!!! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY FOUND!:siren:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Relin posted:

But they become old people who do vote, surely? I guess it would be that then a lot of them switch like computer parts said...?

Maybe they go from being young democrats who don't vote to being old republicans who do vote?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Like I said, it actually is the GOP support falling over a 32 year period.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

eviltastic posted:

I dunno if you 'get' Dave Weigel.

For reference:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Relin posted:

But they become old people who do vote, surely? I guess it would be that then a lot of them switch like computer parts said...?

That's not what I said. What I said was there were old people who were Democrats (the Klansmen types) who switched to become Republicans for reasons that should be obvious.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"oh, someone photoshopped... wait a minute. OBAMA :allears:"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

"oh, someone photoshopped... wait a minute. OBAMA :allears:"

It's a photoshopped image of Obama, yes.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Relin posted:

Most white people vote R when they get old. The next generation of voters will be less white.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

ImpAtom posted:

I am severely disappointed at the lack of shirt over head Obama being photoshopped. :(

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Relin posted:

If all these young people claim to be liberal, why hasn't there been a marked drop in republican voter proportionality over time?

It easier to just vote for the other guy than take the time to change your party registration.

Plus, according to Gallup, we have.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

This is worse than finding out Santa Claus wasn't real.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
It's still a pretty awesome Obama photo.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Still a great photo :D

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Man I am ready for this to be over. I had an alt-right dude at work tell me today that trump is gonna win Minnesota because of school children. I'd like to think that if Clinton were polling as bad as trump that I would be honest with myself and be worried, but this thread is a bit of an echo chamber. Everybody I know voting for trump thinks I'm insane when I bring up polling and are convinced trump is gonna win.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I'm still not worried about Clinton losing, but goddamn I'm so unhappy at how unbelievably monumentally loving stupid and/or racist at least 40% of the country is. All it takes is a few weeks to go by and they forget anything that Trump does. Or they just don't care to begin with. They get fired up so easily again if you just go "EMAILS EMAILS OOGA BOOGA HILLARY EMAILS!"

I'm just so tired. Tired of republican retards holding us back. All their social policies are terrible and hateful. None of their loving economic policies work, they're all terrible too. It's so dumb that we have to do poo poo like water down the stimulus bill back in 2009 with tax cuts that don't work. They still think climate change isn't real because they're loving stupid. DURR IT SNOWED THIS WINTER, NO GLOBAL WARMIN, LIBRUL LIES! I guess all that CO2 and methane generated by our civilization just gets vanished away by their all powerful space fairy. Billions of people and huge amounts of life in general will be dead by 2100 because of them. gently caress this poo poo, this is so stupid.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

HorseRenoir posted:

Is he implying that internals have been showing these numbers consistently? That would be landslide territory for Clinton, holy poo poo

the arzy interpretation if he's a Rubio data guy is "I'm surprised it took so long for one of these unrealistically rosy looks at the data to come out to make Dems feel better about the cold hard fact that fl is tied and Rubio is running away with it downticket"

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Relin posted:

Think of it this way. Young person votes when they're twenty in 1970. They're socially liberal by the standards of the time. Their views do not change as they get over. This makes them socially conservative by the standards of the time when they vote at age 66 in 2016.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Crowsbeak posted:

Well compare now to1984. Also remember in 92 and 96 a lot of Perot voters leaned GOP.
Perot really hosed over Bush in 92 haha. Thanks for the answers guys

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Queering Wheel posted:

I'm still not worried about Clinton losing, but goddamn I'm so unhappy at how unbelievably monumentally loving stupid and/or racist at least 40% of the country is. All it takes is a few weeks to go by and they forget anything that Trump does. Or they just don't care to begin with. They get fired up so easily again if you just go "EMAILS EMAILS OOGA BOOGA HILLARY EMAILS!"

I'm just so tired. Tired of republican retards holding us back. All their social policies are terrible and hateful. None of their loving economic policies work, they're all terrible too. It's so dumb that we have to do poo poo like water down the stimulus bill back in 2009 with tax cuts that don't work. They still think climate change isn't real because they're loving stupid. DURR IT SNOWED THIS WINTER, NO GLOBAL WARMIN, LIBRUL LIES! I guess all that CO2 and methane generated by our civilization just gets vanished away by their all powerful space fairy. Billions of people and huge amounts of life in general will be dead by 2100 because of them. gently caress this poo poo, this is so stupid.

something something paradol ex something star children

wrap it up hillarailues

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Queering Wheel posted:

Do you live in Colorado or Washington?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

the arzy interpretation if he's a Rubio data guy is "I'm surprised it took so long for one of these unrealistically rosy looks at the data to come out to make Dems feel better about the cold hard fact that fl is tied and Rubio is running away with it downticket"

Wouldn't the Rubio data guy be pretty happy about his guy winning big and Trump losing? After all, Trump derailed his guys chance at the nomination.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Nessus posted:

I think he is, yes. This may explain why Comey did this: it wasn't that he was trying to win it for Trump, it was a desperation move to try to stop the bleeding.

i thought that was understood goal? less about supporting trump then trying to preserve republican presence

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Relin posted:

exit polls in 92 showed perot voters splitting evenly between bush and clinton.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Relin posted:

Not actually true, he took comparable voters from both sides

Bush losing was bushs fault and any arguments to the contrary were just GOP smoke screens to try to delegitimize clinton

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Harton posted:

Man I am ready for this to be over. I had an alt-right dude at work tell me today that trump is gonna win Minnesota because of school children. I'd like to think that if Clinton were polling as bad as trump that I would be honest with myself and be worried, but this thread is a bit of an echo chamber. Everybody I know voting for trump thinks I'm insane when I bring up polling and are convinced trump is gonna win.

If you think you're in an echo chamber imagine what their reality is like

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Augus posted:

This is worse than finding out Santa Claus wasn't real.
Remember the "PROTIP: shoot the cyberdemon until it dies" infamous gamepro DOOM II picture from back in the day? Never happened, it was a parody image.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

Wouldn't the Rubio data guy be pretty happy about his guy winning big and Trump losing? After all, Trump derailed his guys chance at the nomination.

Yes what I'm saying is he's happy that the "omg 28% of Rs voted Hillary" is out there because he knows some lovely pollsters have found that data, he doesn't personally believe it's true, and it's now being used to give false hope to the Dems while his boy cruises to re-election in the correct polling world

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

something something paradol ex something star children

wrap it up hillarailues

I don't get this reference, aside from paradol ex who I think was some crazy guy who got permabanned?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

Do you live in Colorado or Washington?

No, but I wish I did.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Remember the "PROTIP: shoot the cyberdemon until it dies" infamous gamepro DOOM II picture from back in the day? Never happened, it was a parody image.

gently caress you.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

If you read his other tweets, he's of the opinion that Trump is poo poo and Hillary is winning.

If you have to arzy though, you can take a lesson from him.
https://twitter.com/stranter/status/758848584372465664

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Yes what I'm saying is he's happy that the "omg 28% of Rs voted Hillary" is out there because he knows some lovely pollsters have found that data, he doesn't personally believe it's true, and it's now being used to give false hope to the Dems while his boy cruises to re-election in the correct polling world
oh was that your tweet? Or are you a telepath

Anyway I doubt it'll really be 28%, but it might be 14%. Maybe a little under 15%. :hitler:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Queering Wheel posted:

No, but I wish I did.

Then I cannot help you.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Not actually true, he took comparable voters from both sides

Bush losing was bushs fault and any arguments to the contrary were just GOP smoke screens to try to delegitimize clinton

in 1991, george hw bush had approval ratings in the 90's because of desert storm and the end of the cold war. no sane democrat was going to run against somebody who they thought was guaranteed to win reelection.

in 1992, george hw bush's approval ratings had fallen pretty badly and were about as bad as george w bush was in 2008, and this was purely on his own failings.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Captain Invictus posted:

So why is the affordable care act indefensible in your eyes

I was mainly being dumb. Like others said, it didn't go far enough and probably ruined any further talks of the spooky government meddling in healthcare for at least a decade until the ACA collapses and boomers start dying off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Shortest Path posted:

gently caress you.
If its ruined for me, I'm gonna ruin it for you

Now I know how a Republican feels. :grin:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Harton posted:

They did the exact same thing in 2008 and 2012

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Captain Invictus posted:

Next you're going to tell me no one has huge guts and we don't need to rip and tear. Go to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

im gay posted:

I was mainly being dumb. Like others said, it didn't go far enough and probably ruined any further talks of the spooky government meddling in healthcare for at least a decade until the ACA collapses and boomers start dying off.

Oh okay, I suppose so. But having known both personal family and friends who were saved from assured financial destruction by it, and knowing people who genuinely think it's the worst thing in the world, I took your post at face value.

• Locked thread