Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
This season is going to have Simmons dive through a portal to hell to save Fitz, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

Holy poo poo connecting Agent Carter season 2 into this!

E: And :lol: Mack knows how evil Roxxon is

Hey for once I actually called it. Some pages back I pointed out that what happened to the "ghost" was shockingly similar to what happened with Zero Matter on Agent Carter, if the professor had been stuck in that state for years and years; he was going a little mad after a few days.

That said, I'm glad they actually did it. I doubted it because of the Carter ratings, but they did it anyway. Two thumbs up.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Open Source Idiom posted:

Heads up peeps: SHIELD is taking a three week (at least!) break off after tonight's episode. Election, loving David Blaine Special, and Dancing With The Stars finale, respectively.

That's also nearly the entire November Sweeps period, barring tonight's episode, and a potential episode at the end of November. The likelihood of an even a short season renewal (to round the show out to 100 episodes) is incredibly unlikely.

Awww poo poo. That loving sucks! This season was showing a decent ratings improvement with the digital/recorded numbers, too.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

OB_Juan posted:

So is Nick Cage gonna be on SHIELD later?

It's not like he doesn't need the money.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

X-O posted:

In the comics Robbie Reyes is not a regular Ghost Rider (He's not a Spirit of Vengeance like Blaze, Ketch, Badalino) like it seems he is in the show. He's just a guy that's possessed by a criminal ghost name Eli Morrow.

I have to say, with all the hilariously goofy Punisher alternates they've done, I am surprised they've never done where Castle dies and becomes a new spirit of vengeance to hop into a new body and keep a killin'

Zebulon posted:

It's not like he doesn't need the money.

I don't want to canonize a lovely movie like that.

But I'd totally be down for a Wesley Snipes cameo. Come on people, throw him a few bucks for his IRS bill, you're never going to find another Blade. Bonus props if he gets super high and refuses to work, of course.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Fun episode. I see no reason why we should expect to see Blaze again though.

"Collectively we came up with 132 highly improbable, very stupid theories, then one of them turned out to be mostly right. We are literally the best at watching TV" :smuggo:

Congrats guys? This is dumbest thing that TV IV does on a regular basis, which is really saying something.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
To be fair, the theory that turned out to be true was very sensible and it came from talking through the possibility of Eli ordering the hit himself. Talking about what you think will happen on a serialized show can be fun :)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Also to be fair, most of us are self-aware we're doing that.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
We survived goofy dubsmashes and cosplay, we can survive insane nerd theorycrafting

(I like both btw)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
After watching tonight's episode, I've come to the conclusion that the younger brother in the wheelchair is a bit of a twat.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I concur!

Your loving brother sold his soul to save your life, "i'm fine with being a cripple, but you killed bare hitmen and now i'm pissed"

Needs a slap.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If your closest living relative just admitted to murdering a whole bunch of people and then turned into a demonic skeleton writhing with hellflame and started smashing poo poo up while you were in a super spy jet cruising at 20,000 feet there's a slight chance you might not be able to deal with everything in a calm and rational manner right that second. Slight chance.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
No, he was being a twat before that ever happened. In fact, from the second he realised Daisy was Inhuman.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gorilla Salad posted:

No, he was being a twat before that ever happened. In fact, from the second he realised Daisy was Inhuman.

The only things members of the general public know about Inhumans are what they hear about them on the news, most of which has been "OMG Inhumans are killing a bunch of people! They're terrorists!!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also he knew his brother was involved in some bad poo poo (going out at night, coming back with blood on his clothes) and guessed that she was somehow involved.

Also Quake has specifically been identified as a terrorist by the media.

Edit: poo poo, double post

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

the kid brother died and that is Zarathos tormenting the viewer

Compared to how he has to act in what I've seen of Fear the Walking Dead the kid brother is wonderful.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm so tired of the inhumans crap. I was really hoping they'd finally most past it this season.

"What do you mean you don't want this person around? Just because she could accidentally level a few city blocks if she had a nightmare, and still tends to make entire buildings shake if she starts to lose her temper, you intolerant rear end!"

I wonder if we'll even know if Melty guy's husband committed UNSPEAKABLE WRONGTHINK ...right before he got killed by something he had absolutely no business expressing fear about.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

No, he was being a twat before that ever happened. In fact, from the second he realised Daisy was a notorious super-criminal who's been all over the news, with a nickname and everything.

Fixed that for you.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm so tired of the inhumans crap. I was really hoping they'd finally most past it this season.

"What do you mean you don't want this person around? Just because she could accidentally level a few city blocks if she had a nightmare, and still tends to make entire buildings shake if she starts to lose her temper, you intolerant rear end!"

I wonder if we'll even know if Melty guy's husband committed UNSPEAKABLE WRONGTHINK ...right before he got killed by something he had absolutely no business expressing fear about.

It's almost like Inhumans have become a topic that won't go away--like the mute ants, if rumblings are to be believed. But we're not supposed to talk about the mute ants in this show, I don't think. Marvel wants you to keep quiet.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Fitz and Coulson get transported to another dimension. Again.

I know this is far-fetched but I really wish they somehow got transported into the past for a team-up with Agent Carter

also did we just watch the birth of MCU Molecule Man?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Assuming Simmons is working on the Senator's brother's Inhuman cocoon, that could be interesting as I'm genuinely interested as to what the deal with that is and there could be an interesting (comic book) science and/or pressurised aspect to it. The two actresses could do a lot with it (the Senator could change her stance or harden it) and it could even be a way to tie in the AIDA plot thread (somehow - with some tech like the power source perhaps?).

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
What a great episode this week - this is shaping up to be one of the strongest seasons of the show yet. In case anyone wanted to re-watch the pivotal scene of the episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB4-6gxa7xI

I noticed there's a bullet hole in the skull of the other Ghost Rider (or possibly Zarathos). Is there any comics history that points ties that to Johnny Blaze? I really liked that the Easter Eggs in the last episode (the motorcycle and the circus poster) alluded to this happening, but I never thought it would.

What a time to be alive!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

hope and vaseline posted:

I know this is far-fetched but I really wish they somehow got transported into the past for a team-up with Agent Carter

This, this, a thousand times this.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to say, with all the hilariously goofy Punisher alternates they've done, I am surprised they've never done where Castle dies and becomes a new spirit of vengeance to hop into a new body and keep a killin'

I don't want to canonize a lovely movie like that.

But I'd totally be down for a Wesley Snipes cameo. Come on people, throw him a few bucks for his IRS bill, you're never going to find another Blade. Bonus props if he gets super high and refuses to work, of course.

They'd need to have Patton Oswalt in that episode too though, just for extra insanity on set.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Why not all three?

Cage, Snipes, and Oswalt, all in one episode. Throw in Ron Perlman, because gently caress it.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

OB_Juan posted:

Why not all three?

Cage, Snipes, and Oswalt, all in one episode. Throw in Ron Perlman, because gently caress it.

Stop taunting us with beautiful things that will never be!

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
do they walk into a bar? :p

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

X-O posted:

There's also a Ghost Rider villain named Blackout that is a demon.

Isn't that Blackheart, son of Mehpisto?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Blazing Ownager posted:

Well let's not forget, there WAS that time where the Punisher was killed and brought back to life by Angels to become a spirit of vengeance! Complete with mystical weapons!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4 Episode 6: "The Good Samaritan"

There will never be enough Star Wars references
http://i.imgur.com/pe84OD2.gifv

I feel like there's something we're not knowing about Gabe. It totally looks like he takes a bullet through the heart.
http://i.imgur.com/pVV7Ymm.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/Sxskhzx.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/AOpJRXj.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/cMpK6gs.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/07ny5XQ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/26g4D3B.gifv

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

PunkBoy posted:

I feel like there's something we're not knowing about Gabe. It totally looks like he takes a bullet through the heart.

Yeah, he was probably gonna die except for the whole deal with the devil thing. Of course the deal was for his life, so only the life threatening injuries got healed, leaving him still paralyzed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

flosofl posted:

Isn't that Blackheart, son of Mehpisto?

That's a whole separate character. There's also Blackout. He was even in the last Ghost Rider movie.

http://marvel.com/universe/Blackout_(Lilin)

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Thread title, please.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I hope Nick Cage is the Ghost Rider that gave him his powers, but not as Johnny Blaze. Just Nick Cage, Ghost Rider.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's a bullet hole in the skull of the Rider that gave Robbie his powers. I think Johnny Blaze was shot in the head once.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah, he was probably gonna die except for the whole deal with the devil thing. Of course the deal was for his life, so only the life threatening injuries got healed, leaving him still paralyzed.

And a twat.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Still predates it. Kid was born a twat.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

pee out my butt posted:

I hope Nick Cage is the Ghost Rider that gave him his powers, but not as Johnny Blaze. Just Nick Cage, Ghost Rider.

Acceptable.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

X-O posted:

That's a whole separate character. There's also Blackout. He was even in the last Ghost Rider movie.

http://marvel.com/universe/Blackout_(Lilin)

Ugh that was a terrible version of Blackout in a terrible movie.

Granted, I stopped reading Ketch era Ghost Rider shortly after Midnight Sons so I'm sure the character became awfully terrible in the books as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Love the new thread title.

• Locked thread