Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

isk posted:

I went with "Trump accusation projection". This was the first result.

Weird one of them I did was "Trump projectionism" and didn't get anything of substance but thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
My Mom would rather I vote for Trump than vote for None Of These, because "don't throw your vote away!" :rolleyes:

I feel like Trump is just the Same Ol' poo poo with a celebrity name. I wish he had continued pissing on the Republican establishment and stuck to crazy ideas like "nobody will die sick in the streets" that made Cruz lose his poo poo. Well that and I wish he wasn't a Russian stooge, but oh well~...

Edit: also thank you USPOL for the link about the Trump BDSM novel. I really needed that in my life. :stare:

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 2, 2016

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Craptacular! posted:

My Mom would rather I vote for Trump than vote for None Of These, because "don't throw your vote away!" :rolleyes:

I feel like Trump is just the Same Ol' poo poo with a celebrity name. I wish he had continued pissing on the Republican establishment and stuck to crazy ideas like "nobody will die sick in the streets" that made Cruz lose his poo poo. Well that and I wish he wasn't a Russian stooge, but oh well~...

Edit: also thank you USPOL for the link about the Trump BDSM novel. I really needed that in my life. :stare:

You and your mom are stupid idiot fuckers

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trump is much worse than the same old poo poo. By miles. Miles, dammit.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WeAreTheRomans posted:

You and your mom are stupid idiot fuckers
That's not how you convince people.
Also, it's not nice so

Craptacular! posted:

Please vote for the potentially winning candidate who doesn't say he'd be okay with Saudi Arabia having nukes :(

(It's Hillary Clinton, I'm trying to say please vote Clinton)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

canepazzo posted:

It's only less in Iowa, afaik, at least in battlegrounds:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/793528686507134980

Are those numbers for Dems or both parties?

edit: looks like it's both.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/793534066435981312

What the hell is up with those PA, MI and VA numbers? :smith:

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 2, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Craptacular! posted:

I, hm. I'm not sure what to make of this or how to approach it.

Other than, yes, please vote Hillary, or at least explain why you think she's not who you should vote for.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Aesop Poprock posted:

Weird one of them I did was "Trump projectionism" and didn't get anything of substance but thanks

Word. I bet the search algorithms had problems distinguishing that from polls ("projected voters," etc.).

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Cingulate posted:

That's not how you convince people.
Also, it's not nice so

Please vote for the potentially winning candidate who doesn't say he'd be okay with Saudi Arabia having nukes :(

It's okay, I never would. Even if I did and lied, I'd know it forever and ever. It would probably be the last thing I remember before dying (from Saudi nukes, no doubt.)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Playstation 4 posted:

The thing that kept me and a lot of other goons into it well past the games own appeal was getting to watch Gamefaqs throw an honest to god tantrum over us 'hijacking' their contest with it.

The salt was real.

To tie it in with this thread, I remember at least one corncob screaming about how it was evidence Donnie needed to be president.

God that was hilarious to witness. I only wish I could have witnessed the DNF thread when it came out. Apparently it was even better.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Trump is much worse than the same old poo poo. By miles. Miles, dammit.

Up until his cavalier attitude towards nuclear weapons came up I definitely would have said that Trump was better than any of the other people in the republican primary with him. Even knowing that, he's still probably better than Ted Cruz.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Craptacular! posted:

It's okay, I never would. Even if I did and lied, I'd know it forever and ever. It would probably be the last thing I remember before dying (from Saudi nukes, no doubt.)
Oh, I doubt they'd build global-range ICBMs any time soon.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Well, put my £50 on Trump winning.

That's been my new thing this year, betting against what I want to happen, and so far I've been really pleased.

This way, Hillary wins? I consider my lost £50 "election insurance", and breathe a sigh of relief. Trump wins? I've got £162.50 in my pocket to go get poo poo faced and gain some perspective.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I hope whoever wins your money does something more valuable with it than lighting it on fire

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Roland Jones posted:

I, hm. I'm not sure what to make of this or how to approach it.

Other than, yes, please vote Hillary, or at least explain why you think she's not who you should vote for.
I'm "disenfranchised" or whatever, so I'm not going to tell you who to vote for because I'm deferring to you, the American people.

I hate this election and despite having followed elections since 1988 this one is particularly tiring. I tire that people I enjoy in a non-political context suddenly pipe up to tell me their opinions on it just because of who the people involved are. I'd vote against everyone on my timeline who used the word "mansplain" during the debates if doing so wouldn't possibly doom the planet.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Mourning Due posted:

Well, put my £50 on Trump winning.

If you send me £50 and Trump wins I will give you £500

Also Mike Daisey's has created a monologue all about Donald Trump, which is hilarious and surprisingly therapeutic. Slate has taped his performance tonight and you can watch it here for free. :)

Craptacular! posted:

I hate this election and despite having followed elections since 1988 this one is particularly tiring.

My kingdom for restrictions on campaigning until, say, six months before the election?

...but the stupid primary system (and the First Amendment) means that's just not going to happen.

One can only hope that in the future everyone is so disgusted by election news too far out that we can rebuild some strong norms around when it's appropriate to talk elections.

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 2, 2016

zen63
Sep 1, 2006
Can some of the more statistically minded goons explain to me why this is so terribly wrong and not actually a real reflection of voters abandoning Hillary?

http://cesrusc.org/election/

It shows her crashing :(

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Combed Thunderclap posted:

If you send me £50 and Trump wins I will give you £500

Also Mike Daisey's has created a monologue all about Donald Trump, which is hilarious and surprisingly therapeutic. Slate has taped his performance tonight and you can watch it here for free. :)

This is really good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

zen63 posted:

Can some of the more statistically minded goons explain to me why this is so terribly wrong and not actually a real reflection of voters abandoning Hillary?

because its the USC poll

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

zen63 posted:

The LA Times' polls have been the laughingstock of the polling world this election season for a variety of reasons. It is literally so poorly designed that the NYT reported on it despite polling being unbelievably boring to most people. Also tracking polls suck.

Everything's going to be OK friend-o :unsmith:

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

zen63 posted:

quote:

Every day, we invite one-seventh of the members of the UAS election panel to answer three predictive questions: What is the percent chance that… (1) you will vote in the presidential election? (2) you will vote for Clinton, Trump, or someone else? and (3) Clinton, Trump or someone else will win? As their answers come in, we update the charts daily (just after midnight) with an average of all of the prior week’s responses

The poll is nonsense, also try to make a map where trump wins and you're going to have to flip states that are +10 or better.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Spiderfist Island posted:

Out of nowhere the FBI restarts some twitter account after a 1-year hibernation to post the Fred Trump dossier, a Mr. Clinton pardon in a case that Comey prosecuted on, and some old Clinton Foundation investigations.

Wait what? I missed this

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

Huh? Dem numbers look better in all three states compared to 2012

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
So medias in Switzerland are all reporting that Trump will win/Is back in it because that Washington Post/ABC News thing showing he's up 46/45 or something.
What's up with this poll, is it heavily leaning R?
Is Washington Post the good or the bad Washington paper?

Le0 fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 2, 2016

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Necc0 posted:

Wait what? I missed this

Meet your new best friend, the official account of the FBI Records Vault!

Vanity Fair posted:

Now, a new interagency mystery is raising questions about whether the F.B.I. has become politicized, just days before the presidential election. On Sunday, a long-dormant F.B.I. Twitter account suddenly sprung to life, blasting out a series of links to case files that cast the Clintons in a decidedly negative light. One tweet links to publicly available documents related to the agency’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail server, followed immediately by another tweet linking to the investigation of former general David Petraeus for compromising classified material—a jarring juxtaposition given the allegations against Clinton. Then, on Tuesday, the “FBI Records Vault” account—which had not tweeted at all between October 2015 and Sunday—published a link to records related to the 15-year-old, long-closed investigation into former President Bill Clinton’s pardoning of onetime commodities trader turned fugitive Marc Rich. The post, which was quickly retweeted thousands of times, links to a heavily redacted document that repeatedly references the agency’s “Public Corruption” unit—less-than-ideal optics for Hillary Clinton, who has spent her entire campaign fighting her image as a corrupt politician

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Le0 posted:

So medias in Switzerland are all reporting that Trump will win/Is back in it because that Washington Post/ABC News thing showing he's up 46/45 or something.

Even if Trump sweeps the battleground states, he has to win a blue state; and that just ain't happening. They're trying to compete in NC after realizing they've lost PA no matter how much they adore coal.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Le0 posted:

WaPo is the good one. WaTimes is the bad one.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Le0 posted:

No individual poll means anything. Look at aggregates and long-term trends.

Right-wing newspapers can produce left-leaning polls.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Also the polls aren't done by the newspaper , they're just bought by them. The different pollsters' reputations and biases are more important than the papers'.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Thanks guys, this clears it up.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

What the gently caress is happening to the FBI?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Senate looks decent on Sam Wang if closer than I"d like to see. Got 5 leading, two ties, and a couple who are close enough that a GOTV advantage could seep them. So that'd be +9, which puts us at what, 53? 54? I can't do math, I'm a Democrat

Necc0 posted:

Here's my guess

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Necc0 posted:

Ghost of J. Edgar has escaped its holding facility.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Necc0 posted:

A Republican. That's really it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mr Interweb posted:

The only state where democrats are underperforming their 2012 numbers is Georgia. The rest are solidly better for Clinton.

It's hard to judge what that will mean though, since it could just be people voting early and not an overall shift

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Stereotype posted:

The only state where democrats are underperforming their 2012 numbers is Georgia. The rest are solidly better for Clinton.

It's hard to judge what that will mean though, since it could just be people voting early and not an overall shift

Yeah, especially with the threat of violence from Trump supporters on election day, that could be a strong motivation to vote early when you don't usually.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Necc0 posted:

Well, you see, they just fixed a tweeting robot a few days ago after it was broken for more than a year. Total coincidence. And the robot randomly selected a biography of Fred Trump that praised him as a philanthropist and somehow missed the part about him being arrested at a KKK riot. Again, total coincidence as it was a robot that picked the story, you see, and everyone knows that robots can't have political motivations. It then randomly chose, out of the thousands and thousands of possible requested FOIA stories, ones that highlighted events from the Clinton past that puts Bill and Hillary in a bad light. Again, unfeeling, uncaring robot. Total coincidence.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Inferior Third Season posted:

Well, you see, they just fixed a tweeting robot a few days ago after it was broken for more than a year. Total coincidence. And the robot randomly selected a biography of Fred Trump that praised him as a philanthropist and somehow missed the part about him being arrested at a KKK riot. Again, total coincidence as it was a robot that picked the story, you see, and everyone knows that robots can't have political motivations. It then randomly chose, out of the thousands and thousands of possible requested FOIA stories, ones that highlighted events from the Clinton past that puts Bill and Hillary in a bad light. Again, unfeeling, uncaring robot. Total coincidence.
At this point, BOB or the red tree killer are more plausible than total coincidence

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Clearly Skynet has decided to endorse Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Another unarzying poll:

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/793756248344854528

• Locked thread