Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

last time I saw an arc game was Fear during Captains Draft, and okay that was a good arc, but it's been a long-rear end while and the hero's been nerfed to poo poo since

but okay I totally believe Lil could do work with him, because of course he could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lil is an arc warden spammer, the hero is disgusting in the right hands.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

TheRat posted:

Eternal loving Envy lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This is peak Eternal Envy lmao

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
lol @ the golden luna item+aghs

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Purge seems to be really questioning what the gently caress he is doing here.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
http://blog.dota2.com/2016/11/the-dota-2-major-championships/

CIS/EU, North & South America getting separate qualifiers for the next Major

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Almost more notably, Valve announced when the tournaments and their qualifiers will be five months in advance.

quote:

The Spring Major Main Event will take place April 20 – 23, 2017, preceded by Open Qualifiers on March 6 – 9, and Regional Qualifiers on March 10 – 13. Wrapping up the competitive season, The International 2017 Main Event will once again be held in the first half of August, with Open Qualifiers running June 22 – 25, and Regional Qualifiers following on June 26 – 29.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
SA gets their own qualifiers with their best players still permabanned

i believe this calls for a 4Head

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
There's a lot of divisiveness in this thread about casters but I think we are in agreement that Lysandre is loving bad

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
IG has one of stupidest drafts I've seen in a while

E: and then they surrender at 3-22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTLtFDkyryI

steakmancer fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 2, 2016

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

steakmancer posted:

There's a lot of divisiveness in this thread about casters but I think we are in agreement that Lysandre is loving bad

I'm glad he exists so someone casts the tier 2/3 games in those time zones just in case something amazing happens but yeah he can stay out of every other game

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lysander and xylophone both serve a critical role of casting garbage tier clown games so that we have a twitch chat available

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Lysander owns

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Zo posted:

SA gets their own qualifiers with their best players still permabanned

i believe this calls for a 4Head

Like Korea, there's enough talented people for SA to produce a lower bracket fodder team given enough time for them all to develop. The problem is they're on different teams and would probably collapse due to Personality Issues if you could put them together.

I stopped paying attention to Infamous after Atun took a Chinese retirement (now he's on a Not Today team with people I have never heard of.) I was surprised they came so close but Mnz isn't as good at Tinker or Storm as Atun was for them and it cost them quite a few games.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kinda sad korea went from the all-time best competitive video game to fuckin lol.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Groovelord Neato posted:

kinda sad korea went from the all-time best competitive video game to fuckin lol.

They did take 1st 2nd and 3rd in league, which is a much bigger appeal in Korea

If Valve gave a poo poo about anything but china in Asia im sure Korea would be making GBS threads all over every region in Dota as well

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i meant they went from the highest skill competitive video game to the lowest. it never made any sense.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Defiant Sally posted:

They did take 1st 2nd and 3rd in league, which is a much bigger appeal in Korea

If Valve gave a poo poo about anything but china in Asia im sure Korea would be making GBS threads all over every region in Dota as well

You're not going to convince an entire country to move to a new game that is much harder to get into when they still are all obsessed with LOL.

Overwatch did put a massive dent into that popularity but I haven't checked if it's still doing better or not.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You're not going to convince an entire country to move to a new game that is much harder to get into when they still are all obsessed with LOL.

Overwatch did put a massive dent into that popularity but I haven't checked if it's still doing better or not.

I just went to check Korea's equivalent of twitch and the viewer rankings now (primetime wednesday evening) are:

Lol
Minecraft
Hots
Fifa Online 3 (korea has its own special ea fifa game)
Overwatch
Hearthstone
edit--Black Squad (korean csgo knockoff)
Bubble Fighter (freeze tag shooter with maple story theme but n64-like 3d graphics)

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 2, 2016

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
fukken newsflash the cool old people who played brood war are not the dweebs playing lol and hots now

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

35 minutes left to vote http://em.moonduck.tv/vote/2

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

rather than look at what people are watching on korean twitch you can just look at the pc bang statistics http://www.gametrics.com/

overwatch has been ahead of league every time ive looked but since league TI just ended it got a decent boost.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquid v Kaipi just started.

Liquid drafted Underlord. Also GH is playing for them instead of Bulba.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Miracle Riki and Matu BH

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Holy poo poo liquid is bad

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Not sure how much they could have done with this draft.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

more like dICK posted:

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

more like dICK posted:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How are both of these teams this loving bad?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Where did they lane underlord? I was napping.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Undersiren doing work

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Mag plus Pit Lord is a good combo wow

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Andrast posted:

How are both of these teams this loving bad?

I don't really understand why you are surprised by either of these teams being terrible.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

korea moving to overwatch is probably more embarrassing. how the mighty have fallen...

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
GH has been really good for a long while, hope he gets a decent team either way.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maelk has a magical ability to make panel segments awkward as gently caress

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I don't know which game has the better comedy potential between EE smashing his face against Virtus Pro or 2-time Major runner-up Liquid struggling against goddamn Kaipi.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I went to lunch how did Liquid win game one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Kurokys hooks are something else

• Locked thread