Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You're pretty much invincible and you have healing from your 3* skill if you need it, so go with an attack set. For an Obelisk you really want Immune to Guard Break and then preferably something offensive like Crit rate or Defense penetration.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I went with PoAH and don't regret it one bit. For the Obelisk I went with Recovery/Invulnerability more for PVP purposes as he can comfortably clear 6/7 WB even without an Obelisk. I'm not 100% certain about its right, but I haven't felt any need to switch.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh right, Carnage is one of the characters that benefits a lot from an Immune to Guard Break obelisk so he can always use his skills on time to keep his invincibility up.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Who would you consider the best plow hero for farming? Proxima?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Proxima probably, yeah. If JaneThor's T2 is good she might be a little faster but that's about it.

EDIT: Looks like Dr. Strange is slightly better than Proxima on high health boss stages. On lower level stages they're probably about equal.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 2, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I would've thought Strange's long animations slow him down on trash.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He only really uses his 5* which has him teleporting around and one-shotting enemies.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Hyperion is really fast at clearing stages. I haven't tested him against my Proxmia yet.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

RatHat posted:

He only really uses his 5* which has him teleporting around and one-shotting enemies.

Not only that but it seems that he uses all seeing eye of whelp you're dead fairly often making him ludicrous speed.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Elsa is slightly faster than Proxima on some missions but Proxima is faster on most missions. They are my fastest

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Dr. Strange has averaged about 10 seconds faster than both Proxima and Thanos (who is supposedly faster than Proxima) for me.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I am so mad at the number of Universals I need now

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The thing you need to keep in mind with Proxima is you really want to set AutoPlay++ for her. Without it she gets hung up on a ton of objects.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
Is it possible to get more than 1 bio per memory mission?

I'm 13 away from Kaecilius being 4 star and I'm not sure if I should use the daily selector on him

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

kertap posted:

Is it possible to get more than 1 bio per memory mission?

I'm 13 away from Kaecilius being 4 star and I'm not sure if I should use the daily selector on him

Yes I've found up to 3 and someone on reddit found 5 apparently

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Stop giving me fully awakened Dodge ISOs in my boxes, Netmarbu! No set worth having uses them! :argh:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Hyperion is really fast at clearing stages. I haven't tested him against my Proxmia yet.

Hyperion's faster

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I AM THE MOON posted:

Hyperion's faster

something distinctly suspicious about the moon telling me the sun is superior

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BGrifter posted:

The thing you need to keep in mind with Proxima is you really want to set AutoPlay++ for her. Without it she gets hung up on a ton of objects.

It's the opposite, especially in one of the memory missions. Her skills tend to hit most of the boxes on Autoplay+ anyway.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Moon also notoriously faked Lizardman's death, the guy is a charlatan and should be ignored.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Also the moon landing.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I could use some help figuring out how the heck to spend my daily bios from the subscription.

I don't have a deep roster. It pretty much looks like this.

T2 Sharon Rogers
Carnage 6/6
Star-Lord 6/6
Floki 6/6
Ronan 6/6
Silk 6/6
Sister Grimm 6/6
Yellowjacket 6/6
Giant-Man 6/6
Jane Fosthor 6/6
Gamora 6/1 (got this as a reward from some box a long time ago)
Moon Knight 6/6

And then basically everyone else is hanging around 4 or 5 stars with little or no mastery. I can get 2 WB clears with Sharon and Loki but I don't have the strikers or another team ready. I'm focusing on grinding Deathlok, Widow, Kingpin, Iron Fist and the other dodge ignore ladies and Ant-Man.

T2ing Carnage would give me a 3rd clear but that's a couple weeks of my bio subscription. Is it worth it to do that over throwing them at the missing pieces in the rest of my roster to speed things up?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

I could use some help figuring out how the heck to spend my daily bios from the subscription.

I don't have a deep roster. It pretty much looks like this.

T2 Sharon Rogers
Carnage 6/6
Star-Lord 6/6
Floki 6/6
Ronan 6/6
Silk 6/6
Sister Grimm 6/6
Yellowjacket 6/6
Giant-Man 6/6
Jane Fosthor 6/6
Gamora 6/1 (got this as a reward from some box a long time ago)
Moon Knight 6/6

And then basically everyone else is hanging around 4 or 5 stars with little or no mastery. I can get 2 WB clears with Sharon and Loki but I don't have the strikers or another team ready. I'm focusing on grinding Deathlok, Widow, Kingpin, Iron Fist and the other dodge ignore ladies and Ant-Man.

T2ing Carnage would give me a 3rd clear but that's a couple weeks of my bio subscription. Is it worth it to do that over throwing them at the missing pieces in the rest of my roster to speed things up?

Since you already have the rest of Team Pym at 6/6, T2 Ant-Man is a sure daily WB kill 6 days a week.

Iron Fist is also very good, and is an on attack striker for your other WB teams, but a little bit on the squishy side (I run him with a T2 Thor for 25% chance healing proc).

However, since you're paying for the sub, and since Ant-Man and Iron Fist are farmable, and Shadowlands is a thing, you could do worse than finish T2ing Carnage, especially since you can farm the rest of his ideal WB team, Venom and Spider-man.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

T2 Carnage is unquestionably the best Combat hero in the game, and probably will be until a new combat hero that is just obscene is introduced. None of the Combat Heroes that still need a T2 have a skillset that can even come remotely close to challenging him, unless Hulkbuster's T2 is INCREDIBLE.

e: Possibly Ms Marvel if she gets guaranteed dodge

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 2, 2016

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
T2 Carnage is also a completely different beast from T1. The damage increase is massive and the invincibility gives him off the charts defenses when played manually. And yea, being locked behind the bio sub doing anything besides getting him when you have it is silly. T2 Hyperion is a easy kill every day besides Infinite Thanos and can handle most of the other content in the game, but isn't as strong as Carnage. Worth considering if you do another month of bio sub though for sure.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You just wait until Season 2 of J. Jessica Jonesson when she gets her S-tier T2

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

You just wait until Season 2 of J. Jessica Jonesson when she gets her S-tier T2

i think they're not doing netflix stuff anymore? Mr. Prisonbars, Daredoggo, Punishman, Fatty Boombalatty and Electricia didn't get diddly squat from S2 & Cage.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 2, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah they seem to have lost the rights to it. Hopefully they'll get them back eventually.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Wong might be on the light end of the update notables but a nice effect he has is that his team-up move with Elsa is the only one that will make her use her 6* skill.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

RatHat posted:

You can't use selectors on Satana but I believe you farm her and Hellstorm at the same rate as the previous characters. Clea is the one that's really annoying to get bios for.

FWIW you can use the force-close trick (closing it over and over till you get her) to guarantee 10 a day every day.

I played the game the right way and just mega'd her

Clawtopsy posted:

Who would you consider the best plow hero for farming? Proxima?

Hyperion is the fastest; it's one of his weird, underrated qualities

I could explain at length but tl;dr it has to do with the nature of his abilities, specifically the one where you fly around & the eye beam

kertap
Mar 13, 2010

fart simpson posted:

Yes I've found up to 3 and someone on reddit found 5 apparently

I ended up getting 14 from 10 runs. I should have used a selector though, next mission is use Dr Strange in 3 memory missions.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thechalkoutline posted:

FWIW you can use the force-close trick (closing it over and over till you get her) to guarantee 10 a day every day.

I played the game the right way and just mega'd her

Nah she's like Gwenpool in that if she shows up as a shifter you're not guaranteed to get a bio. I think it's 50% chance.

Anyway I also Mega'd her today she's really not bad, she's just very squishy. Her clones do tons of damage even at tier 1 and she can keep a character silenced forever(though that requires standing in melee range so).

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

RatHat posted:

Nah she's like Gwenpool in that if she shows up as a shifter you're not guaranteed to get a bio. I think it's 50% chance.

Anyway I also Mega'd her today she's really not bad, she's just very squishy. Her clones do tons of damage even at tier 1 and she can keep a character silenced forever(though that requires standing in melee range so).

Can she do any SL? I haven't gotten a chance to try since I did my run before I mega'd her

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think she can probably do a low level one, or a boss level.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Since you already have the rest of Team Pym at 6/6, T2 Ant-Man is a sure daily WB kill 6 days a week.

Alternately, ignore Team Pym and just let Yellowjacket solo all of them.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, there's almost no point to T2 Ant-Man + Team Pym anymore with how good T2 Yellowjacket is. Even a T1 Yellowjacket does a ton of damage now because of how good his 6* is. There's already at least a couple clearly better T2 speed choices, and a lot of comparable/likely better ones.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Cinara posted:

Yea, there's almost no point to T2 Ant-Man + Team Pym anymore with how good T2 Yellowjacket is. Even a T1 Yellowjacket does a ton of damage now because of how good his 6* is. There's already at least a couple clearly better T2 speed choices, and a lot of comparable/likely better ones.

Gwenpool, Spider-Gwen, and Miles are all decent speed T2s. Elsa is straight up great through.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
For those doing Clea, her shifter shares the daily limit with story missions so run the Dark Dimension stuff first.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008
I quit for awhile, and just came back. Have three Tier2 tickets and zero T2 characters except for 5* Proxima. My plan was to focus on getting her maxed out, but who else should I be gunning for to really open the game for me. These Shadowlands are tough, but was able to beat the first two using Floki and Sharon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I've been testing to see if my T2 Hyperion really is faster than Proxima. While he has very impressive times he's still a few seconds behind. I don't have an ISO set on him yet, but I don't think that would make a few seconds of difference.

Those of you who have Hyperion outperforming your Proxima, what teams do you use? I use Proxima(L)/Supergiant(6*)/Corvus(1*) and Hyperion(L)/Thor(6*)/Jane(6*) for a balance between strikers and team bonuses. Supergiant in particular is really good because she has a high chance of using her 6* ability.

By the way here are my times for them. I used Stage 6 of the White Tiger special mission and ran it 5 times each. It's not the greatest because of Gwenpool shifter but whatever.

Proxima

0:44
0:41
0:42
0:45
0:47

Hyperion

0:48
0:46
0:50
0:49
0:53