Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Mindblast posted:

The alternator is stupidly good and I hope it never changes. ADS feels like a trap, since hip tapfire is pretty drat reliable for a good distance. Which is great since ADS just kills the flow for me.

How big a difference is warpfall? Thinking about rigging up a titan for automode buddy play and I figured the the shielded drop is a waste.

Its pretty darn fast. Though keep in mind that the shielded drop has an AOE DOT that lasts for a good while and you can get pilot or AI kills depending on where you drop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm surprisingly terrible at Tone. I kick rear end at Legion and Ion though.

Also please I've demolished two Ronins on one as legion. Ion totally ruins Legion's day though.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I played through the entire campaign in a single night.

BT best botbud.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Magnus Condomus posted:

Its pretty darn fast. Though keep in mind that the shielded drop has an AOE DOT that lasts for a good while and you can get pilot or AI kills depending on where you drop it.

The idea is to use the drop itself offensively since it is not uncommon to find those tasty orange bubbles sitting about just waiting to get popped.

Do we have some sort of overview on the ai's playstyle per titan? Ie how likely scorch is to step in his own fire and whether or not Ronin overextends while going ham with the blade.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mindblast posted:

The idea is to use the drop itself offensively since it is not uncommon to find those tasty orange bubbles sitting about just waiting to get popped.

Do we have some sort of overview on the ai's playstyle per titan? Ie how likely scorch is to step in his own fire and whether or not Ronin overextends while going ham with the blade.

Wait the warp drop can kill Titans through their bubble? That's amazing.

CrystalDave
Oct 12, 2012
Warpfall cuts the time in half, I think. So from about 5 seconds counting down to about 2.5. Plus it seems to stand up and start shooting quicker than if you manually tell it to.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

my roBerT

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Ciaphas posted:

Downside the second: they don't have sicknasty laser beams

No sword either, shameful!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I absolutely loath that the controller has to rumble during the entirety of a cloak usage.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I absolutely loath that the controller has to rumble during the entirety of a cloak usage.

Punishment for your cowardice :colbert:

(someone in the party earlier pointed out that cloak + smart pistol is hilarious bullshit, they are right and I'm running that tomorrow)

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
What's the preferred network for xbone goons?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't play without cloak anymore, it's so strong.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The softball grenade launcher is super good for killing creeps, highly recommend for Bounty/Attrition

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Seriously though Ion is amazing and has taken Legion's place in my heart now that I know you don't have to charge the Q

So much fun yelling "PULL" and just nicking a pilot after he ejects

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lemming posted:

The softball grenade launcher is super good for killing creeps, highly recommend for Bounty/Attrition

Ehhhh nm good for bounty, not super great for attriton. Stuff's too spread out

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Some good games tonight dudes. poo poo I think we only lost like two games, and we extracted on one.

I really think the epilogue is such a good design decision. It gives the losers something to shoot for. Even if you lose you feel really great having extracted. :)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Elysiume posted:

Anyone had any luck with the Steam overlay? It's not cooperating for me. Flickers on when I start the game, then poops out.

Did you disable the Origin overlay? They sometimes conflict.

Mindblast posted:

How big a difference is warpfall? Thinking about rigging up a titan for automode buddy play and I figured the the shielded drop is a waste.

Remember, you can double-tap the call titan button to wake up your titan as soon as it's dropped, and the shield won't finish dissipating until it's awake. If you just want an auto-titan, warpfall's a bad idea.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RatHat posted:

Wait the warp drop can kill Titans through their bubble? That's amazing.

Every time I've tried to do that it's placed the drop away from the enemy bubble.

My initial test runs of robopal Scorch led to me going back to Dome Shield. The warpfall is nice but even at 3 seconds it's not reliable enough to compensate for the little bit of warmup time an auto-titan needs before it starts fighting. Especially helpful is that with the dome shield you can drop your auto-titan in the middle of the enemy titan group, and even if it doesn't kill any titans it disrupts their formation while they wait to slaughter your titan that your teammates can do some great and terrible things. Wake up your auto-titan once the enemy is engaged with your team to let it go to town.

E: Also I run Scorch auto because it never misses with the launcher unless someone dashes, and that motherfucker loooooves melee executing other titans.

Orv fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 2, 2016

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I really want to like Ronin but since everyone and their mom is running nuclear eject nowadays he is kinda useless. It really sucks going swordcore on someone and them getting the kill on you because they nuclear eject when you bring them to doomed state.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

keyframe posted:

I really want to like Ronin but since everyone and their mom is running nuclear eject nowadays he is kinda useless. It really sucks going swordcore on someone and them getting the kill on you because they nuclear eject when you bring them to doomed state.

Phase or dash away. You've got three dashes and a literal invulnerability, what are you doing dying to nuke eject?

e: Come to think of it, I should check if blocking lets you survive nuke at shorter distances than usual

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

victrix posted:

Phase or dash away. You've got three dashes and a literal invulnerability, what are you doing dying to nuke eject?

e: Come to think of it, I should check if blocking lets you survive nuke at shorter distances than usual

I am usually out of dashes and phase because I use those to close the gap to use sword core.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

keyframe posted:

I am usually out of dashes and phase because I use those to close the gap to use sword core.

I died to nuke eject a sum total of zero times in an entire evening of playing Ronin, Iunno what else to say :shrug:

Using Sword Core refreshes everything, so use SC after you're close, not before. I usually trigger it right after the shotgun->phase reload->stun for maximum rear entry.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

The last part of the single player campaign is outstanding. Reminiscent of the last mission of the first Halo game.

Finally time to dip into multiplayer and lose a lot of matches.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

keyframe posted:

Definitely save phase dash if you notice a lot of them using nuclear eject. Also technically there is a weird window of invulnerability and if you know you are going to eat it, manually eject and you will survive.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

victrix posted:

You can usually survive a nuke if you have one dash and book it immediately on seeing the eject. I can usually make it out in a Tone with a single dash after failing to execute as long as I don't get stuck on something.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Orv posted:

Every time I've tried to do that it's placed the drop away from the enemy bubble.

You can't request a titan drop on top of a bubble, you have to request it on top of an active titan.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

victrix posted:

Ion ruins Legion solo. So does Ronin for that matter.
I was going to say that this was really wrong but then I remembered that you're on a console so the Legion probably can't instantly 180 no-scope you in the face after phase dashing and win the DPS race (if you don't have sword core). On the PC I try to avoid soloing Legions in Ronin because they usually just drill you with that loving gat no matter what.

victrix posted:

Whenever that pc patch drops that helps with more reliable titan executions, that'll help Ronin a ton, I had a fight earlier where I swung four or five times with a sword core sword on a doomed Titan and wound up losing all my health and getting executed because it refused to trigger :psyduck:
Can't get executions during sword core.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Insert name here posted:

I was going to say that this was really wrong but then I remembered that you're on a console so the Legion probably can't instantly 180 no-scope you in the face after phase dashing and win the DPS race (if you don't have sword core). On the PC I try to avoid soloing Legions in Ronin because they usually just drill you with that loving gat no matter what.

Wait, on PC they can turn while arc stunned? :psyduck:

quote:

... that's beyond retarded. Welp. Guess I'll be trying a different tack tomorrow then.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I don't die to nuclear ejections and I run Scorch, who is the fattest little fucker in the yard. It's absurdly easy to get away from provided you see it coming and nothing is behind you.

E: Also I am re running the campaign to get the helmets and some of these are really loving well hidden. And that entire Into the Abyss section is full of goddamn blue lights, which look like the highlight on the helmet pickup. :argh:

Kinda wish it'd show you where the ones you've already got were, too.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Most of the time you'll know they have nuclear ejection because they'll try to hug you when they get low on HP :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Nuclear ejects are as easy to avoid in this as in the first one, except for the few super chokepointy maps where everyone is always blocking each other.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So I was hesitant to try Master difficulty in the campaign because a couple of people in this thread posted about how it forces you to take cover and peek and poke but I started it today and thankfully you don't actually have to do that. If you play it like an MP match, wallrunning and sliding as much as possible it seems like the best way to survive since the faster you move the harder the accuracy of the enemy drops.

victrix posted:

Wait, on PC they can turn while arc stunned? :psyduck:
Can you not turn at all while arc'd on the console? For pilots it fucks up your aiming sensitivity a bit but I've never had any issues with turning in my titan that I can recall, and no one else seems very affected by it either. :shrug:

victrix posted:

... that's beyond retarded. Welp. Guess I'll be trying a different tack tomorrow then.
I'm ok with it honestly because I'd had to waste like half my core getting an execution. It'd kinda weird that you had to hit a dude who was doomed like 5 times too because doomed state is 2500 HP and Sword Core is 2200 damage.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Are you absolutely sure about this?
Because I think I've executed at least two titans while having the sword core active in my Ronin, on two separate occasions.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Insert name here posted:

Can you not turn at all while arc'd on the console? For pilots it fucks up your aiming sensitivity a bit but I've never had any issues with turning in my titan that I can recall, and no one else seems very affected by it either. :shrug:

You can, but its massively slowed, its the main thing that lets you stay in close quarters with impunity as Ronin. If it doesn't work that way on PC, that makes him a lot less scary. I probably have a few clips saved where I simply walk circles around Legion.

The best remedy is a Scorch who knows how deadly flame shield is, but thankfully I rarely run into those (... ever?). Maybe in a few weeks.

quote:

I'm ok with it honestly because I'd had to waste like half my core getting an execution. It'd kinda weird that you had to hit a dude who was doomed like 5 times too because doomed state is 2500 HP and Sword Core is 2200 damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4YWXdN0CFo

I think he managed to punch me back out of sword core until I was doomed and then execute me :cripes:

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I saw a tip last night that said electric smoke will put out thermite. I guess it makes sense with the smoke starving the fire of oxygen, but I don't think I would have ever figured it out by myself. Haven't had a chance to test it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
So I just ran across this in the campaign -

Obviously some kind of easter egg but honestly I have no idea what it's referencing.

Voliun
May 31, 2012
Some double XP codes for people who don't want to eat Doritos or drink Mountain Dew.

TKAXCPTZ77
A7T7ATYNMF
6N7KS6AB6S
YCYBFLSLMT

Edit: All taken.

Voliun fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 2, 2016

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Voliun posted:

Some double XP codes for people who don't want to eat Doritos or drink Mountain Dew.

TKAXCPTZ77
A7T7ATYNMF
6N7KS6AB6S
YCYBFLSLMT

I took the third one, thanks!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Voliun posted:

Thanks! I took the first one after the fourth said it had already been used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Is there any way to get double XP codes outside of the US? Seems unfair on Europeans that there's no way to double your progression :(