Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So it seems Trump, based on how he insists on saying her name, believes that this is Hillary's top aide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fosborb posted:

It's weird and wrong.

There are a dozen neighborhoods off the top of my head in Des Moines that are both seen as more diverse and have higher violent crime rates. West Des Moines is literally the white flight neighborhoods. Jordan Creek is West Des Moines, and that has a loving Cheesecake Factory.

Urbandale, where these happened, is poorer granted, but again it's all white flight just more middle class. This is like a block away from a microbrew/movie theater! This is sensational in Des Moines news precisely because it happened where rural white out of towners are comfortable taking their blue ribbon children.

I had north West and north East mixed around in my head when thinking about it. 😱

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

nachos posted:

Trump has done an incredibly good job of shutting up the last two weeks. I didn't think he had it in him.
Trump hasn't shut up the last couple weeks.. he's just run out of novel stupid things to say. The media can't report on "the 12th and 13th time Trump bashed Syrian immigrants" because it's no longer "news".

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

The impression I'm getting with the Comey thing is that the impact is so minor it's getting obscured by the typical tightening of polls that tends to occur close to Election Day

Pretty much. I think the only huge change was in the ABC poll that swung crazily.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MrBuddyLee posted:

Trump hasn't shut up the last couple weeks.. he's just run out of novel stupid things to say. The media can't report on "the 12th and 13th time Trump bashed Syrian immigrants" because it's no longer "news".
In that case - by giving him something to talk about that is less awful than most other things he could say - it's possibly actually helping him.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Trump is still loudly insisting that people change their early votes from Hillary, as if that is a thing that could happen

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And I believe they say in the ABC poll the underlying responses in the poll haven't changed, just who is passing their likely voter screen.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Most states can't even strike your vote if you die between early voting and Election Day, much less if you just change your mind.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

try the new taco place posted:

Trump is still loudly insisting that people change their early votes from Hillary, as if that is a thing that could happen

I think this is a great idea.

Everyone, go out and vote for Hillary today. Then go back tomorrow and demand to change your vote, so everyone will know how pissed you are!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I didn't know this was a thing until today. You can change your early voting ballots in these states: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, and Mississippi.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/31/politics/changing-early-vote-cast/

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Isn't that a weird way to do a LV screen? I thought they were generally based off who voted in past elections rather than responses to the poll.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I didn't know this was a thing until today. You can change your early voting ballots in these states: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, and Mississippi.

You also can in Indiana, if you live in a county that uses paper ballots and you get to your precinct on election day before the absentee/early ballots are delivered.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

Mountaineer posted:

Could someone please explain what makes "internal polling" so special? Are internal polls somehow more accurate than public polls?
Pretty sure they spend a ton more money, are more scientific, and have way larger sample sizes in internal Presidential polling.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gorelab posted:

Isn't that a weird way to do a LV screen? I thought they were generally based off who voted in past elections rather than responses to the poll.

It's a combination of factors determined by the polling firm.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

So zero states that are actually competitive.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tDWAYIXm1k

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Gyges posted:

So it seems Trump, based on how he insists on saying her name, believes that this is Hillary's top aide:

I can vision Trump driving the Pussy Wagon

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

The Des Moines cop killer that is clearly Obama's fault has been id'd

https://twitter.com/charlyhaley/status/793792071660363776

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

https://twitter.com/buzzfeednews/status/793793466274811904

Here is the police statement

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

So zero states that are actually competitive.

Don thinks he can win MI though

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I knew it was a black (Irish) guy.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
My boss has taken to calling me for anti-arzying news.

She was a huge Sanders booster and was always afraid of Hillary depressing voter turnout and is panicking over the LAT polls.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Tell her to register an account.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/793799216380469248

quote:

Greenville, MS Church Goes up in Flames, then Signed "Vote Trump" in Spray Paint—Delta Daily News:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

also there's complaints of the last several days that - funnily - right when we need it most, there seems to be few good polls coming out and a surplus of garbage and/or tracking.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/793613351091892224

I've been saying since February that horrendous polling methodologies are going to gently caress up some aggregation and Nate seems to be taking it the worst.

Thing is though, even though his percentages are stupid, his map is probably correct.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Stay KKKlassy, Trump supporters.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Honestly that sounds just as fake as that cop's wife who spray painted BLM on her house.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hate this loving election.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Do the stupid false flags typically do actual damage (unless they are an insurance scam)?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Now Trump is going to have to rewrite his entire law and order speech for his rallies today.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Better picture:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/793799808313987072

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mr Hootington posted:

I had north West and north East mixed around in my head when thinking about it. 😱

Ohhh, yeah.

A few years ago David Byrne was in town for a music festival. He rented a bike, rode a block or two into that area, then turned around and blogged all about how he couldn't believe Des Moines was so Diverse and Friendly.

Des Moines responded, in turns, with ~senpai~ and "oh wow he is so brave." Dude didn't even make it to Tamales Industries.

Which, coincidentally, has moved out of that area due to break ins and is now in the Merle Hay Mall food court. I mention this because the apparent ambushes occurred just to the north of Merle Hay.

Sooooo, if this comes up today at work, just tell people it happened north of Merle Hay Mall, which is practically Johnston.

e: lol the pics came out. Doubt you'll be hearing dog whistles today.....

fosborb fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 2, 2016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

greatn posted:

Honestly that sounds just as fake as that cop's wife who spray painted BLM on her house.

what, no it doesn't

part of the fake doesn't usually involve arson, what are you doing

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Radish posted:

Do the stupid false flags typically do actual damage (unless they are an insurance scam)?

Some damage is necessary to sell it (like carving a B into your face whoops it is the wrong way around) but generally you try to minimize real damage if it's self-inflicted.

I would love for this to be a false flag but given it's exactly the sort of thing that was legitimately done under the flag in question you can't default to that.

edit: Like let's be clear, the church is a burned out husk with VOTE TRUMP spraypainted on it, that would be impressive dedication to the art of the false flag.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

welp

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
The Guardian has a piece on an interview they did with Roger Stone, where he gives some hints about who his 'back-channel' contact with wikileaks is:

quote:

Roger Stone, a longtime unofficial adviser to the Republican presidential nominee, was briefed in general terms in advance about the sensitive and embarrassing leaked Democratic emails by an American libertarian who works in the media on the “opinion side”, he told the Guardian in an interview.

Stone claims his American source, whom he declined to identify, has met with Assange, the WikiLeaks founder, in London and is a “mutual friend” of Stone and Assange.
Any guesses?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Yeah the fakest sounding stuff was never anything that did actual damage. Nothing more than like, spraypainting or that one lady that carved a backwards B into her face.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Holy poo poo, it actually was a white supremacist shooter this time.

Ahahaha, look at that lady's face on the bottom right. She's so done with this guy's poo poo

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is this now a gun crime .. (pro-Clinton news)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I'm sure the local Republican Party office will organize a kickstarter to raise money and donate to rebuild/repair that Mississippi church

• Locked thread