Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

all awesome bosses too, especially maria and kos. honestly impretty bummed out by one boss and a regular enemy with a boss healthbar lol

I meant they put 4 different bosses in the DSIII DLC boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also speaking of the other one, did anybody else get jumped by the wolf boss in the starting area? I almost got him there, I wonder if it makes him not show up for the other fight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the (bonus boss talk) big wolf you run into in the first area, you can actually run into him twice. he will fade before you can deal lethal damage and offer large titanite, i think it's implied that it's the same alpha wolf.

but i wonder if you kill the bonus boss before running into that in the field, if they won't show up?

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I made a new dex character for the DLC named Hame and it took me three hours to get passed the high wall :fail:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Guw posted:

I made a new dex character for the DLC named Hame and it took me three hours to get passed the high wall :fail:

Lucky

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Bobnumerotres posted:

but i wonder if you kill the bonus boss before running into that in the field, if they won't show up?

I beat the boss before fully exploring the field and haven't encountered it so maybe?

When I first arrived to the field I said gently caress this and ran through everything until I reached the next bonfire.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

It's not nice to patronize a failtard. But it probably does suck to be overly good at these games like I thought I was. Turns out that's just how it is for a DS3 strength build? I was disappointed by how easy everything was with my first character (strength knight, didn't even change weapons) but man it's actually really hard now

Guw fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 2, 2016

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Stunlock is inherent to big str weapons so they are p much king of pve.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

goddamn Aldrich

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

those loving arrows!

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

those loving arrows!

these messed me up a lot

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

those loving arrows!

The second phase arrows suck for sure, they seemed unavoidable at first but you'll get the hang of it

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

those loving arrows!

Did you like the pontiff?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I woke up ready to game & vanquish the last 3 bosses of my solo only playthrough but instead I got a dark house and a door hanger that says "sorry you electric will experience a short service disruption between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm". It's been off for four hours 😑

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Rediscovered that the hardest boss in dark souls is those loving titanite demons at the bottom of sens

Soral
May 30, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
just fight them one at a time with the rusted iron ring, man

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

not having dark souls 1 down to muscle memory in 2016

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Soral posted:

just fight them one at a time with the rusted iron ring, man

I tried but I think my bigger problem was I thought I could take them down without a shield when theyre nothing but hitboxes

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The drang hammers are perfect i love them so much

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In playing a pyromancer Refined build guy and it's cool that pyromancy is int/FTH because I get to use all the good miracles with my good pyromancy spells, like the one that silences casting and some weapon skills and actually works in PVE unlike DS2

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Control Volume posted:

Rediscovered that the hardest boss in dark souls is those loving titanite demons at the bottom of sens

Keep my name out your drat mouth.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Guw posted:

Did you like the pontiff?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Yeah i liked him i mean

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im fighting the giant now. going to be a long one

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

Keep my name out your drat mouth.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
favorite weapons: carthus curved greatsword, hollowslayer greatsword, gladiator sword/board whose name i cant remember

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

dancer is my favorite boss so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dancer is my favorite boss so far

Dancer can be your first boss which I tried to beat and it's really hard

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Dancer can be your first boss which I tried to beat and it's really hard
Gundyr will always be the first boss. Please do not lie in the Dark Souls thread.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gundyr is the tutorial boss...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

I think you'll find that he is in fact the first enemy with a large red bar and a music change

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I think you'll find that he is in fact the first enemy with a large red bar and a music change

1v1 me bitch

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Benny D posted:

that's a boss.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

iudex judges the hollows before they pass into the firekeep, to make sure youre not some brainless dregling. he's a boss, and a very important one

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
he's got a tar worm inside of him!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Rebeat ornstein and smough on the first go. In contrast I died to the taurus demon two times lol

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Control Volume posted:

Rebeat ornstein and smough on the first go. In contrast I died to the taurus demon two times lol

Weird. Same thing happened to me last time I played except I got owned repeatedly by both of them.

Guw fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 4, 2016

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I love darknsouls because even with years of muscle memory I sometimes make it clear past sen's without dying, and other times i die six times to Taurus. Most playthroughs I go the other way though because it's more scenic than the burg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I know we've all reminisced on this forever but I really miss being able to just take a totally different path through the game
Right from the beginning in the sequels. I mean I know you can kill dancer early but it's hard as balls and you're still gated because you cant open the door to the princes until everyone else is dead. But they did that with the lords in 1 too so

• Locked thread