Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mrs Robinson wasn't a stand user.

Also, yeah. These guys aren't the most fleshed out dudes in the world. They come right at the end of the story too. So unlike pretty much every other stand user in part 4 they never get a 2nd appearance after their initial chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

In the latest jojolion, was the frog thing just a neat transition or did Jobin put the frog on like gloves using his stand so that he wouldn't get his fingers greasy

he didnt use his stand thats just a thing he does

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Mrs Robinson wasn't a stand user.

Also, yeah. These guys aren't the most fleshed out dudes in the world. They come right at the end of the story too. So unlike pretty much every other stand user in part 4 they never get a 2nd appearance after their initial chapters

The electrical tower guy at least gets character development at the end of his fight, albeit rather abruptly, and Enigma's user being remaining enigmatic was probably deliberate. Cheap Trick's user was basically just there to die immediately, although he's still more fleshed out than Carne (the other example of a Stand user who's only there to die to unleash his Stand); I like that Rohan realizes that there must be some way to cross the street without one's back being seen because the original user of Cheap Trick found a way.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like their implementation works well enough for what's going on in the story. the anime will probably handle it better overall as far as depicting the timing goes, but it's very much kind of like a final rush of enemies sent by kira's dad in a desperate bid to stop them

and they're definitely on kira's trail or getting there, because rohan is picking up on hayato's snooping which leads to some of the major events in bites the dust

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

just because it's interesting

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i'm glad there's so much jojolion left

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

no they will not posted:

i'm glad there's so much jojolion left

same, my dude

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Which jojo is most likely a furry.

Definitely jotaro right

Do you think Johnny ever wanted his wife to dress up like a mosquito

e: Wait, does he like mosquito bites on himself or other people?

e2: also I really wish I could post this in the other thread:

Olive! fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 1, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i feel like johnny's fetish is for other people but i'm sure he wouldn't mind em on himself.

also it's def jolyne, she literally talks about being envious of snails, she's the Horniest JoJo with Johnny in 2nd

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Josuke Higashikata posted:

just because it's interesting

36 69s

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Jotaro's horny. Horny for your face. To break it, I mean.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Liner note of the day

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
"The skeleton glowing in the dark drags me into the world of illusions" sounds like a pretty cool stand description.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where's the Stand that makes LEGOs appear in people's shoes?

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Where's the Stand that makes LEGOs appear in people's shoes?

[KING NOTHING REQUIEM]

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
do you think one day a jojo chapter will end with a TO BE CONCLUDED arrow

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

do you think one day a jojo chapter will end with a TO BE CONCLUDED arrow

how about you take this back and go buy some jojo merch to apologise to araki??????????????????????

Thunderbird 2 is stupidly loving awesome, Araki recognise.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

can't believe someone would dare even consider suggesting jojo will end one day in this jojo thread. unreal. hosed up. disgusting. i refuse to consider the possibility

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
jojo better end before I die or I will be pissed

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MODS

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I finally got around to reading/finishing Steel Ball Run. It was suuuuper good.

I kept thinking that Poco Loco was gonna play a bigger part though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Moltrey posted:

jojo better end before I die or I will be pissed

this is literally impossible, as araki has transcended death

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Raserys posted:

this is literally impossible, as araki has transcended death

It's not a matter of Araki dying, it's a matter of Araki choosing to conclude Jojo's.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sonata Mused posted:

He won the race.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Schwarzwald posted:

It's not a matter of Araki dying, it's a matter of Araki choosing to conclude Jojo's.

One cannot happen without the other

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sonata Mused posted:

He won the titular race with some encouragement from a bucket friend, that's pretty big

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 2, 2016

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Raserys posted:

One cannot happen without the other

Araki brought Jojo's into this world, should he so choose, he can take it out.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
「JoJo's Bizzare Adventure」 is an automatic stand, even if Araki dies it will continue to exist.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

All japing aside I'd like it if Araki chooses a good place to end and ends when he decides to retire, rather than dragging his series out forever in a technically still-ongoing state of franchise undeath like the Berzerk guy. I doubt we're going to get more than one more complete part out of him in any case.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure will last until 2187 and I'm gonna be so mad when, he realizes that he could give the Stands personalities and inclinations of how they act on their own, six decades after I've died.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I think someone said this way long ago in the thread, but I can't imagine what's worse: dying before you can read all of JoJo, or living in a world where there will never be new JoJo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
like I really want to sink my teeth deeper into stuff like Berserk and the HxH manga, but then I think about how there's no end in sight and the frequent hiatuses and oooooooooof. we are truly blessed that Araki didn't draw while laying on his tummy years ago and now only takes a break maybe once or twice a year

hoobajoo posted:

I think someone said this way long ago in the thread, but I can't imagine what's worse: dying before you can read all of JoJo, or living in a world where there will never be new JoJo.
it was me and it is still a terror i grapple with....i want to see the bizarre adventure to the end

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Moltrey posted:

we are truly blessed that Araki didn't draw while laying on his tummy years ago

I feel like I need more context for this.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Hunter x Hunter goes on extremely long hiatuses because the artist spent years drawing while laying on his stomach and now he suffers from extreme back pain.

please be okay togashi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Moltrey posted:

Hunter x Hunter goes on extremely long hiatuses because the artist spent years drawing while laying on his stomach and now he suffers from extreme back pain.

please be okay togashi

Is THAT what's wrong with Togashi?!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Togashi has the two-fold problem of 1) drawing on his stomach for years like an idiot and 2) being really loving lazy.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

Moltrey posted:

please be okay togashi

is this a real thing that happened to someone

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have a feeling that araki can get at least another arc out of him after jojolion, but i'd be worried if he kept trying to have it go on forever after that

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

Moltrey posted:

He won the titular race with some encouragement from a bucket friend, that's pretty big

That's true, but I felt like we were going to learn more about him and maybe he'd be an uneasy ally during the race or something. He just kind of disappears outside of a scant few appearances, which seemed weird for a character who was shown so prominently at the beginning. But hey, that fortune teller was right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Speaking of characters that I thought would have a bigger significance in SBR, what about not-Avdol who fell into a cactus or something in like the second chapter?