Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
e: forums double posted for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

Ron Johnson is the dumbest motherfucker in the Senate. He should be polling at like 30%.

You do know that Feingold consistently never won races by more than 2-3%, right? Of course you do. Surely you don't intend to blame this on Hillary.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 2, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HorseRenoir posted:

ugh. I'm sure Feingold will win but gently caress WI for making this even remotely close
when green bae like "i don't care what's for lunch"

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Clinton ran against someone who wasn't a Real Republican so the results don't count. She didn't really "win." That's going to be story, delegitimizing the Democratic President as always.

After today's polls I'm definitely way more worried about the Senate than the White House. Seeing Feingold lose to loving Ron Johnson would be incredibly sad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You do know that Feingold consistently never won races by more than 2-3%, right? Of course you do.
I think I see a flaw in the assumptions that drive how you talk to McMagic, and the new Double McMagic and Classic Southern Chicken McMagic.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Email effect:
https://twitter.com/MULawPoll/status/793868464733716480
https://twitter.com/MULawPoll/status/793865469111468034

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, I mean what do you want them to do?

suspend accounts that do poo poo like that?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Antti posted:

Clinton ran against someone who wasn't a Real Republican so the results don't count. She didn't really "win." That's going to be story, delegitimizing the Democratic President as always.

After today's polls I'm definitely way more worried about the Senate than the White House. Seeing Feingold lose to loving Ron Johnson would be incredibly sad.

They do count of course but she is also very lucky to be running against Trump.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/793868852027269120

:perfect:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Are there any polls out on who people expect to win? I remember reading that those are more predictive than "who do u like more lol" polls.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BiohazrD posted:

suspend accounts that do poo poo like that?
What, specifically, would be the bannable action?

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

The Shortest Path posted:

As a NH resident, why do all of these maps keep showing NH as a near guaranteed blue state? We aren't anywhere near that liberal unfortunately.

We are during presidential election years. Obama crushed McCain and beat Romney who had ties to the state and was basically an ideal NH Republican. Democrats have had the governors mansion for a very long time, the Senate is close and the house flips every other election.

Hillary will destroy Trump. I'm not so convinced about Hassan vs Ayotte but Trump is too crazy for our breed of Republicans.

We like to pretend we aren't racist or socially regressive. After all if you have no minorities how can you be racist? Just as long as you don't raise taxes or try to have a tax plan that is fair.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

farraday posted:

Add an hour and an hour and a half to any state you think might be too close to call immediately.

Unless it turns into a bloodbath 9 is about the earliest to expect to know the results. As always it's not going to tick to 270 until after 11 when the west coast comes in.

unless clinton actually wins nc bigly by like 6+ it won't get called before 10

fl will take forever because people will still be in line when polls in ca close

networks won't make an official call until 11 anyway

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

*Works two jobs to make ends meet*

+

*Gets no time off; paid or otherwise*

=

*Is lazy*

- A Republican

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

https://twitter.com/MrEschatologist/status/793869476844474368

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Are people really that wishy-washy?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, given that at this point "Trump wins" is practically synonymous with "almost all the polls are wrong", the question of why his model rates the likelihood of catastrophic polling failure at 30% arises.

In 2012 at this point the polling average put Obama-Romney at 1%. The final margin was 4%. So there's good grounds to expect the final polls to be a few percent off from the value - and while it was in the Dems' favour last time, the model doesn't know or believe that it will be this election. Add on that the Electoral College isn't as favourable as in 2012, and it's easy to me to see that a Clinton lead of 2-4% now might turn out to be a tie or a Trump lead on the day of the election with a probability like about 30%, and that this might lead to a Trump win.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

Are there any polls out on who people expect to win? I remember reading that those are more predictive than "who do u like more lol" polls.

On the USC/LAT one, which is the one most positive for Trump consistently, the prediction is 54.2 C to 41.3 T. The lowest it has been, during Pneumonia, was 49.7 C to 44.8 T

Every other poll that I can see is expecting Hillary to win 60%+

E: this is now canon

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

What, specifically, would be the bannable action?

Presumably, those tweets are coming from accounts with a veneer of authenticity. Pretending to be the local Democratic party, or something similar. Let's start with that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TARGET
REMAINS

I REPEAT: TARGET REMAINS

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

fl will take forever because people will still be in line when polls in ca close

FL is 3 hours ahead of CA though?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BiohazrD posted:

Presumably, those tweets are coming from accounts with a veneer of authenticity. Pretending to be the local Democratic party, or something similar. Let's start with that.
Okay, so you're banning people who misrepresent their identity?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I think I'm going to commit to this map:

http://www.270towin.com/maps/D3722

I am not going to put effort into finding out about those tiny districts in Maine and Nebraska, and they will not decide the election.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think I see a flaw in the assumptions that drive how you talk to McMagic, and the new Double McMagic and Classic Southern Chicken McMagic.

lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/793870363935420417

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Covok posted:

Just noise. 500 people makes for about a 5% MOE.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Covok posted:

No, polls also measure enthusiasm. You're more likely to answer a poll when your candidate is doing well and vice versa.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

FL is 3 hours ahead of CA though?

yeah people will likely still be in line to vote at 11pm eastern in florida, as happened in 2012

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I actually think voter disenfranchisement like fraudulent phone calls and the like is illegal in several states.

Edit:

Yeah it is it's part of the electoral fraud / misinformation laws.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sure. They already do this when people were grabbing celeb names in the early days

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can't Twitter just, like, ban people at their own discretion for attempting to defraud people of their vote? Do they have to rules lawyer it? I'm sure their TOS must have some 'we can ban you at any time at our own discretion' clause to cover their rear end.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/hollybdc/status/793853958716522496

Well ok then

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Gotta agree with that Independence Day reference, but to make it more SA suitable:

We're in the part of the anime final battle where the villain has revealed their final form and blasted the hero. But then the hero staggers back up and says something like "I'll never let you win!" and gains power from all their friends, letting them use one final attack that barely defeats the villain (or maybe just blasts them to pieces? who knows). Then they wake up like three weeks later.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Covok posted:

Part of the problem with polling this year is people not picking up the phone and/or hanging up on the caller.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

I'm starting to think Trump is going to win and it terrifies me.

Any recent (post email) decent polling of MI, CO, PA, and NV that I can look at to help myself feel better (or worse).

I want to sleep the week away

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dude, Twitter isn't some sort of lawyer robot. They're a company, and able to punish things that violate their terms of service. Deliberately impersonating someone or an entity for political purposes should be against their terms of service. Not sure why you're being hung up on this.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Fangz posted:

Just noise. 500 people makes for about a 5% MOE.

And 157 people?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Haha how long before Ecuador stuffs Assange in a duffel and throws him out.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

iospace posted:

Part of the problem with polling this year is people not picking up the phone and/or hanging up on the caller.

A pollster in C-SPAM said their response rate was 1%. They have to call 100 people to get 1 response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/MULawPoll/status/793868306373603328
SURPRISE.

No one cares.

• Locked thread