Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Junior Jr. posted:

Okay, revised my sketch, now he looks more fatter and his eyes are more dead inside. Might have overdone it though.

You have inspired me to try and draw the Rich Evans as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I was using this pic as a reference, although everyone's more familiar with older, fatter, balder Rich.

Also I'm done doing amateur sketches for now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Stranger Things is great unless you're a human being killjoy with a stick up his rear end dying to be counterculture.

Enjoy your stupid black scarf and overpriced coffee, you didn't-actually-read-Ulysses-rear end bitch nerd.

:perfect:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Junior Jr. posted:

Okay, revised my sketch, now he looks more fatter and his eyes are more dead inside. Might have overdone it though.

Of all the RLM faces you could've chosen to draw and you didn't go with

We really need to make that one into the new krustybarbecue.jpg meme

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Stranger Things didn't really remind me much of the 80's, since most of it was "american 80's" and I'm not American. And yet I thought it was cool and good

Also the soundtrack was extremely modern and not anything like actual 80's music

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Really I think your rich resembles Mike more

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Zzulu posted:

And yet I thought it was cool and good

:yeah:

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

a bone to pick posted:

You have inspired me to try and draw the Rich Evans as well.

I got distracted and you beat me to the MS Paint game

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Eh gently caress it. Here's my entry into what should become a contest.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MrSlam posted:

nice, I was just about to tell you you can still draw a thing and there ya go.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
richs gunt is distracting

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

MrSlam posted:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

MrSlam posted:

:popeye:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
rich doesnt drink what the gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

MrSlam posted:

This answers the question of how will Charlie Brown look like if he was from Wisconsin.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

MrSlam posted:

You blockhead

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

MrSlam posted:

Good grief.

violent sex idiot posted:

rich doesnt drink what the gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He clearly has a bottle of Spotted Cow in that pic.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Junior Jr. posted:

I was using this pic as a reference, although everyone's more familiar with older, fatter, balder Rich.

Also I'm done doing amateur sketches for now.

See you made a fatal assumption that the lower part of his head is somehow separate from his neck, like on a human. I assure you it is not.

You imagined a jawline where there was only fat.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

MrSlam posted:

This looks more like Rich Evans.

Also this is good.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Stranger Things is great unless you're a human being killjoy with a stick up his rear end dying to be counterculture.

Enjoy your stupid black scarf and overpriced coffee, you didn't-actually-read-Ulysses-rear end bitch nerd.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Stranger Things is ok but is there even 1 great episode or scene even. It's just likeable characters and 80s nostalgia.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I was suspicious of Armageddon being a Criterion film...

But loving Boyhood?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The van flip was cooler than anything in any post-Tim Burton comic book movie.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Schweinhund posted:

Stranger Things is ok but is there even 1 great episode or scene even. It's just likeable characters and 80s nostalgia.

I like the scene where they get to the... upside-down or whatever it's called through a tree, I also like when the nerdy friend to hot girl gets killed, when the boy falls down a cliff and is rescued by Eleven, actually there are a lot of memorable moments.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
The best scene was when they pulled the kid out the water. On the next episode when the sheriff figured out the twist, I knew it was going to suck. TV needs someone to die or turn heel or whatever. Otherwise its the last 30 minutes of a movie but for 8 hours.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Wow you guys weren't kidding about CineD. The RLM thread there closed because 'nothing good has come of it' despite every thread being masturbatory wordshitting and echo chamber. Good god I'm glad I don't frequent it or post there. Also the All Hallow's Eve BotW was on point, despite The Wizard of Neckbeards taking Mike's spot. Not that insufferable this go around all things considered.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
FYAD had their own RLM thread a while ago too lol, no one can match the majesty of GBS.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Realtalk: as dedicated thread mother I do my best to encourage just the right balance of funny shitposts to serious nerdy discussion of themes and quality and poo poo to keep this place from being a total gutter but also to make everyone feel welcome to post.

Hey hey

Hee Hee

I make poo poo and pee pee.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

MrSlam posted:

I'm currently suffering a horrible sinus infection, but when I saw this, for whatever reason I laughed until tears came out my eyes. So, thanks for that. :tipshat:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

reignofevil posted:

Realtalk: as dedicated thread mother I do my best to encourage just the right balance of funny shitposts to serious nerdy discussion of themes and quality and poo poo to keep this place from being a total gutter but also to make everyone feel welcome to post.

Hey hey

Hee Hee

I make poo poo and pee pee.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I was a better thread daddy.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i'm the thread uncle

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
For the past week while doing menial poo poo like dishes or getting the mail, I find myself repeating Mike's 'underbreath' voice going Because it was an original idea; Nooooooo....

RLM is a bad influence.

MrSlam posted:

He never did get the red headed girl :smith:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

MrSlam posted:

good grief!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Schweinhund posted:

everybody makes a huge deal out of stranger things being a nostalgia-filled epic love letter ro the '80s and it really just isnt.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Trunko posted:

everybody makes a huge deal out of stranger things being a nostalgia-filled epic love letter ro the '80s and it really just isnt.

The camerawork and directing feels like something Spielberg would've made in the 80s, so yes, it kinda is.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Trunko posted:

It's not trashy nostalgia like an Adam Sandler movie but its still self-aware nostalgia stuff. There isn't much reason for this show to be in the 80s other than they wanted it to be and so they just as nostalgic as the viewers.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
just saw Dr. Strange and the movie reminded me of Ant Man. Mostly due to it being self contained; ain't gonna see much more than the Avengers tower in a wide shot. I enjoyed it; it did a decent job introducing yet another aspect to the MCU.

Magic is crazyyyyyyyyyy

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Junior Jr. posted:

Steve Buscemi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

It's clearly Kevin Spacey.

• Locked thread