Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

aren't you the person who is constantly hung up on how supports can't ~~carry~~

no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
im still new and poo poo after like 5 years of not playing but

the stronkest cute it was just vs intermediate bots but im still p happy at how many skillshots i landed with her q :shobon:

lulu is a fun support

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its fun to be Pantheon pt 1: http://plays.tv/video/5819b63b0774126a5c/are-we-going-

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it's fun to be Pantheon pt 2: http://plays.tv/video/5819b5e29be7aa62e5/the-great-escape

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It's fun to be Pantheon pt 3: http://plays.tv/video/5819ba1e609c41079b/fight-fight-fight-

also i had a pentakill on Kassadin (wuddup stump collector) but i wasn't recording :saddowns:

edit: oh cool my friend recorded it http://plays.tv/video/5819be8655e766a5a0/noises

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Nov 2, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Hell yeah

That's how you play kassadin boys

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Jonked posted:

So I'm kinda on my way to becoming a Nunu main, but I'm getting some weird pushback as if he's a troll pick. Champion.gg puts him as one of the top junglers - I'm not crazy, am I? He's a good hero...right?

he was a pretty bad pick for a good long time and only recently got some qol buffs that made him strong and viable. even then though a lot of his effect is subtle because his gimmick beyond eating stuff is shifting value around by buffing his team's movespeed and aspd and sapping movespeed and aspd from enemies, so he gets hate and it looks like he's not doing much even when he's actually influencing fights a ton.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Are you running move speed quints or something on Panth? Or is that stormraiders?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kitfox88 posted:

im still new and poo poo after like 5 years of not playing but

the stronkest cute it was just vs intermediate bots but im still p happy at how many skillshots i landed with her q :shobon:

lulu is a fun support

What the gently caress level are you where any of those summoner spells or item builds are acceptable, even versus bots

Bloodthirster Katarina?

Level 12 Shyvana going 1/8?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Any item build is acceptable and viable in bot games. My personal favorite that I did was mejais/lich bane riven

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
It's a bot game don't be a spaz

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
So here's a question: if I can't queue with a dude more than 1 division lower than me in ranked, why the gently caress can I get someone 2 divisions lower than me on my team?

There is no reason I should be seeing Gold 1 players in a D2 game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mystery Prize posted:

So here's a question: if I can't queue with a dude more than 1 division lower than me in ranked, why the gently caress can I get someone 2 divisions lower than me on my team?

There is no reason I should be seeing Gold 1 players in a D2 game.

I don't think division matters for matchmaking, it's all MMR. You could conceivably have a bronze player in a challenger game if they tank their LP enough with dodges, etc.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

Are you running move speed quints or something on Panth? Or is that stormraiders?

i got that extra movement speed you get for being a hard carry

(i activated ghost blade to run away and bide my time before striking yet again)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

i got that extra movement speed you get for being a hard carry

(i activated ghost blade to run away and bide my time before striking yet again)

oh ok, I guess I thought you used the ghostblade active before that or something.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

I don't think division matters for matchmaking, it's all MMR. You could conceivably have a bronze player in a challenger game if they tank their LP enough with dodges, etc.

Fair enough, I guess; he definitely played like he had the awareness of a gold player, but he could've just been having a bad game

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Super Librarian posted:

Any item build is acceptable and viable in bot games. My personal favorite that I did was mejais/lich bane riven

AD/AS Braum is something I did in TT bots a while back, and I've always wanted to try it in a real game.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Keep in mind that occasionally Bronze players are going to play The Game of Their Life against you, and somehow look like a decent player, only to next game go 1/6 Yasuo jungle

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Assassin patch is going to overall nerf AD Shaco but ONCE AGAIN AS I HAVE REPEATED OVER AND OVER AP Shaco has been steadily getting better and better and with his Q now scaling with AP there has never been a better time to be a total loving rear end in a top hat Shaco by rushing runic echoes, hextech revolver, and sheen, and maxing Q over E once the patch drops

The stealth time reduction at lower ranks doesnt matter as much as you think because although its nice, shaco's Q is a loving flash on an 8-10 sec cooldown

Tell me more. I am willing to give this a try. Is the full sheen item Lich Bane (for +AP) or still Trinity? Do you then build tanky? Does being AP make crit less useful? Do you even bother with Tiamat? Boot recommendation (magic pen, swiftness, mobis?)? Is this worth screwing around with before the patch drops (seems like a "hell yes")?

Sorry if some of these questions sound dumb, I have only played a few Shaco games, so I am new to it all.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Huh fixes to Daisy and Q has a shorter cooldown and now can be activated by pressing Q again. Pleasant little changes to Ivern that I was looking to see!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
poo poo, first Rylai's gone, now they're nerfing Fervor of Battle, if this goes on I'll have to learn to play something other than Kayle top.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Teikanmi posted:

Keep in mind that occasionally Bronze players are going to play The Game of Their Life against you, and somehow look like a decent player, only to next game go 1/6 Yasuo jungle

How do you know it's the game of their life and why do you insinuate jungle Yasuo is limited to bronze players?

You can play Kayle just fine without Rylai's

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Safety Scissors posted:

How do you know it's the game of their life

Because if they could look like a decent player on the regular then they wouldn't be in bronze.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Safety Scissors posted:

How do you know it's the game of their life and why do you insinuate jungle Yasuo is limited to bronze players?

You can play Kayle just fine without Rylai's

Firstly, op.gg exists, and secondly it's definitely not limited to bronze, but if SaltyTeemo is anything to go off of...

You sound like you're... almost... defending it :raise: Are you ein of de Yasuo junglen playen, mein freund? :hitler: Step right this way

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Jungle Yasuo is like drugs. Everyone does it for different reasons in the privacy of their Solo Q games. But as soon as they have to show their face in public, they immediately blame the other people that are doing it for some nonsensical reason.

I actually don't jungle Yasuo.

I actually don't do drugs.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

maybe you should do drugs

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Teikanmi posted:

What the gently caress level are you where any of those summoner spells or item builds are acceptable, even versus bots

Bloodthirster Katarina?

Level 12 Shyvana going 1/8?

level 16

the shyvana went mid and never talked at all while the kat more or less raged the entire match about it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i just saw a nasus guide for jungling that doesn't include smite

is it me or is that dumb

i feel like that's dumb

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

is it me or is that dumb

i feel like that's dumb

Was it written like three years ago.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

is it me or is that dumb

i feel like that's dumb

just copy builds from op.gg champion.gg or probuilds.net

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So who gains the most and who loses the most from the new single camp jungles?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

Does Kha'zix get isolation for neutral monsters? If so, Kha'zix gains the most.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kashuno posted:

Gains would be Kha and Willump, loses would be the AOE clearers like Shyvana, Diana, Amumu.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
New Talon looks pretty sweet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMNjoh8wjAM

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Sejuani early clears gonna be real lovely with single monster camps/no gromp buff

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Some bad advice for people trying to get a S+ on support. If you're not feeding in lane and not dying 24/7, I find buying a mejaj helps in keeping track on how you're doing. If you can keep a 25 stack mejaj, you're probably gonna get a s.

don't do this on ranked though.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I kind of like idea of putting the cooldown on specific walls rather than on the ability but I dunno how I'm going to feel as a supp having to deal with an assassin that can basically jump infinite walls to take any path they want.

Also assassin's creed joke.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Depending on how much hp the little raptors have it could mean a return of jungle irelia too. Assuming she can one shot the little ones with a Q (or auto Q).

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sexpansion posted:

Was it written like three years ago.

Said it was 6.something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Said it was 6.something.

I can sort of see the argument that given time for infinite scaling nasus's q should be a better execute than smite but there's really no reason not to have both. Plus since he isn't laning and can't just splitpush forever i imagine he won't stack the q that fast.

• Locked thread