Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Well, on the plus side, you only need 6* to do normal.

e: Squad tournament is back in 38 hours

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74796/shoretrooper-event-return-leaderboards

Wow, they're making it so you can only fight an opposing team once, I wonder what that's going to do to the leaderboard.

Edit: IGD is really close to finishing off the tank raid, if everyone puts in a good effort tomorrow we might get it finished.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Cool, so it is going to be Shoretrooper again.

Malgrin posted:

Well, on the plus side, you only need 6* to do normal.

I can get a 7* Emp no problem, but they need to bring the drat event back first.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

Cool, so it is going to be Shoretrooper again.

I can get a 7* Emp no problem, but they need to bring the drat event back first.

thiiiiiiiiiiiiis

I didn't quite have my rebels at the time it first came around, but my rebels are now ready to gently caress.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
About to have Wedge 7* in the next day or so.

So far I have Biggs, wedge, Lando, sthan 7* for my rebel team with JKA, AA, and Leia 6*. I'm in desperate need of a new arena team.

Phasma (L), Lando, daka, QGJ, Rey is my current arena keeps me in the in the 1xx range, need some new blood.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
So I just got a (the?) Samsung bonus pack from the card store. I've been playing since April, and I've only ever played on Samsung devices. I can't remember whether I got something early on, or whether somehow it missed it and I'm finally getting it now - a 3* IG86, a few Darth Vader and IG88 shards, and 400 crystals.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Avail posted:

So far I have Biggs, wedge, Lando, sthan 7* for my rebel team with JKA, AA, and Leia 6*. I'm in desperate need of a new arena team.

Phasma (L), Lando, daka, QGJ, Rey is my current arena keeps me in the in the 1xx range, need some new blood.

sub in STH for Daka and that's pretty mean.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Avail posted:

Wedge Biggs Lando STHan JKA is a top 5 team unless your shard is whale filled mess. Concentrate your speed mods on Han and Biggs

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

Wedge Biggs Lando STHan JKA is a top 5 team unless your shard is whale filled mess. Concentrate your speed mods on Han and Biggs

I agree, this is the exact same team I run (Mal as well, and I'm sure others). If JKA isn't ready yet but AA is, you can use him for the time being. His lead provides a lot of speed. You want him to go immediately before Lando so you get to use his AoE twice.

Question: If you have Wedge leading, would that make Lando would go 3 times? Because that sounds stupid amazing.

e: I almost forgot! GW store now sells ally points. I bought 18k points for 1.2k coins. Good deal!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

I agree, this is the exact same team I run (Mal as well, and I'm sure others). If JKA isn't ready yet but AA is, you can use him for the time being. His lead provides a lot of speed. You want him to go immediately before Lando so you get to use his AoE twice.

Question: If you have Wedge leading, would that make Lando would go 3 times? Because that sounds stupid amazing.

e: I almost forgot! GW store now sells ally points. I bought 18k points for 1.2k coins. Good deal!

The ideal lead for a team like this is Wedge. You don't have as much raw speed as a AA or Lando lead, but you get turn meter for every crit, which means that early on you'll be getting 40% for each Lando aoe (because ideally you nuke someone with Biggs combo attack as your first move). You also heal on every crit and kill, which has won me several otherwise lost fights.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Yeah, I also lead Wedge. I just know it's common to see people who run AA use him as their leader.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I am running lando, sthan @210ish speed with lando lead, palpatine, rg, qgj

Im trying to gear up wiggs and jka to swap in but these assholes are all monsters to gear up. Just smashing my dick into refreshes getting zero stun cuffs of which i need approximately 1 million.

Arena meta constantly blows. Losing to dodge was infuriating but losing before the round even starts because you can see the speed of the sthan youre about to try to fight and know you ll be hosed is the worst. Im hanging around top 30 but there are times i only win 1 match a day because the only options available to me are all people who got god roll mods so they have a faster sthan than me.

I have 1 5* speed arrow, but i somehow have like 5 crit avoidance arrows gently caress off game.

Even if i find someone with a slower sthan my odds are still only 50 50 to win because if wiggs blows up emp or lando you basiclly auto lose (if they blow up lando you have a chance but only if emp lands debuffs and first stun catches sthan plus enemy lando) . theres also the stupidity factor of biggs assist calling enemy palp or sthan thus giving them the turn meter to go before you.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

I am running lando, sthan @210ish speed with lando lead, palpatine, rg, qgj

Im trying to gear up wiggs and jka to swap in but these assholes are all monsters to gear up. Just smashing my dick into refreshes getting zero stun cuffs of which i need approximately 1 million.

Arena meta constantly blows. Losing to dodge was infuriating but losing before the round even starts because you can see the speed of the sthan youre about to try to fight and know you ll be hosed is the worst. Im hanging around top 30 but there are times i only win 1 match a day because the only options available to me are all people who got god roll mods so they have a faster sthan than me.

I have 1 5* speed arrow, but i somehow have like 5 crit avoidance arrows gently caress off game.

Even if i find someone with a slower sthan my odds are still only 50 50 to win because if wiggs blows up emp or lando you basiclly auto lose (if they blow up lando you have a chance but only if emp lands debuffs and first stun catches sthan plus enemy lando) . theres also the stupidity factor of biggs assist calling enemy palp or sthan thus giving them the turn meter to go before you.

The winning solution in this case is Raid Han, and stun his STHan. I feel your pain on 5* speed mods, your best bet is to check the mod shipments after every refresh and hope one's on sale. They're still rare, but I found it less frustrating than farming mods and getting crap.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Cool that itīs Shoretrooper after all but I doubt I will be able to unlock him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm real real glad that they nerfed the speed Meta last year, and Poe along with it.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I'm real real glad that they nerfed the speed Meta last year, and Poe along with it.

Don't forget the invention of protection to prevent characters being killed in 1 attack :allears:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

So I just got a (the?) Samsung bonus pack from the card store. I've been playing since April, and I've only ever played on Samsung devices. I can't remember whether I got something early on, or whether somehow it missed it and I'm finally getting it now - a 3* IG86, a few Darth Vader and IG88 shards, and 400 crystals.

They added something for the Galaxy 7! Free 400 crystals, IG-88, and some shards (4 Vader Shards!!). If you've already gotten the Galaxy rewards way back when, you can still get this! If you are on an android device and don't have a Galaxy 7/Note, download MEmu. Once you have it up and running, you can go to the gear wheel on the right panel of the screen, go to advanced:
under mobile phone brand: samsung
under mobile phone model: SM-G935V
Click generate under IMEI Settings, then you're good to go.

Avail posted:

As other people have been saying, your best option is Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, STH, JKA. Put your fastest mods on Biggs. If you really want to push yourself to the top, start farming speed set mods for him. Mine has speed 198, and with Wedge, that pushes him up to 243. When he goes, he brings two people with him, who all crit. As long as he pulls a rebel, that's 3 people getting +10% (If it's STH, you can get another 30?%). If you've got a mirror match, target Wedge. He usually doesn't have too much health/prot, so you can one shot him and not have to worry about opposing biggs as much. Then it's a 5v4 matchup and you'll usually win.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 2, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Put your fastest mods on Biggs. If you really want to push yourself to the top, start farming speed set mods for him. Mine has speed 198, and with Wedge, that pushes him up to 243. When he goes, he brings two people with him, who all crit. As long as he pulls a rebel, that's 3 people getting +10% (If it's STH, you can get another 30?%)

I thought I wanted my fastest mods on STHan?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

I thought I wanted my fastest mods on STHan?

Before you have Wiggs, yes. Once you have Wiggs, making Biggs go supersonic is your #1 priority because Biggs will one shot people. 5v4 is amazeballs.

I mean, to be fair, you still want a fast STH. Being able to snipe someone is more important though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I don't normally double post, but this is worth its own:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I have two quick questions:

1. Are there any guilds with open spots, and if so, could I get an invite? This pubbie guild I'm in is a real poo poo show. I'm only level 50, so I understand if I need to just deal with it til I get into 7-star hero-ish range. (I'm on the spreadsheet)

2. I'm wondering if someone can help me with some basic advice about early game leveling. I understand from the OP that I'm only going to be able to keep 6-7 guys at max level from 50-70. My problem is that there seem to be WAY more recommended dudes than that for various things. I understand that I should focus on an arena team + a few dudes to help with GW. I think my best options are going to come from GW, cantina, and arena, since those are the most farmable locations. About the only clear choices I see are Lumi (who I have at 5*), and QGJ. STH and Lando seem like reasonable choices also, since they synergize on rebel/scoundrel stuff. So for the 5-7 slots I have a whole bunch of choices:
AA (goes well with Han/Lando)
DS (good all around attacker, a pain to hit)
GS (easy to farm heavy attacker)
Biggs (easy to farm, but seems underwhelming before wedge, who won't be around for awhile)
Leia (a 5th rebel to get before wedge)
RG (easy to farm super irritating tank)
Phasma (seems good and popular, but she doesn't really synergize with any of my other choices)

JKA, Dooku, and Wedge are definitely targets, but they seem a few months away since they come from Cantina levels 6 and 7.

So I guess my question is, beyond Lumi/QGJ/Lando/STH, who else should I focus on from the list above? Or is there somebody else I'm missing that might be a better choice.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

I don't normally double post, but this is worth its own:

Congratulations but...he really gains next to nothing from going to 7* :)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

AA (goes well with Han/Lando)
DS (good all around attacker, a pain to hit)
GS (easy to farm heavy attacker)
Biggs (easy to farm, but seems underwhelming before wedge, who won't be around for awhile)
Leia (a 5th rebel to get before wedge)
RG (easy to farm super irritating tank)
Phasma (seems good and popular, but she doesn't really synergize with any of my other choices)

1) IGD or QGJ should have some spots, post obnoxiously until someone lets you in.
2) Biggs is underwhelming before Wedge -- but super worth it in arena if you have 5* Wedge (geared/leveled) and 7* Biggs, so get started on him a little early, but not too early. If you clear GW every day, you're looking at about 20 days for a full character, and if you're desperate, you can shave that off by a couple days with hard missions (I wouldn't recommend it). I would focus on Phasma, Leia, and RG, and after that GS.
Dooku and DS are fairly meh beyond 70. Definitely focus on Wedge, then JKA for cantina. If you don't have anyone to farm from cantina right now, I would highly recommend farming mods, even if you can only get 3* ones. You're going to need a bunch, and then it's easier to fill in your mods with 5 dot mods, cause you'll already have some of the sets. If you're still working on Lando though, finish him.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Congratulations but...he really gains next to nothing from going to 7* :)

He gains his dignity, and is that too much to ask for?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Anyone have any recommendations on how to beat the new light side hard missions. They're hot garbage and I'm getting beat even using my arena team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Anyone have any recommendations on how to beat the new light side hard missions. They're hot garbage and I'm getting beat even using my arena team.

Oh yeah, I just cleared them, it's not easy. I would recommend finding a friend with a high level OB. And by recommend I mean you'll fail without him. For LS 1, 3, and 4, I did straight rebels. If you go to an easy light side battle, and run all junk troops, you can see what all your options are for borrowing. I made sure to have Wedge and Lando as leaders, that helps a lot. From there, whatever your best 4 rebels are, I ran Biggs, Leia, STH, AA. LS 2 is insanely hard. I ran Wiggs, Lando, STH, AA. Save your taunt for the last mission. Borrow a super powerful OB (I can't help you there). Also save OB's ability, you're going to need that damage down. I focused Boba first, I heard he deals absurd damage. Then I focused down the adds, and finally the dude with the hat (FROM CLONE WARS PLEASE GOD ADD HIM TO THE GAME)

Also, there was an exploit for heroic tank raid. Basically, if you ran your aat, then switched to another guild and ran their aat, you could move back and your hero list would be refreshed. I wouldn't recommend doing that. Also, apparently someone else leaked this pic (unless one of you guys shared it on the forums), so TI is having a little manhunt for the mole.

e: I accidentally said rancor, I meant tank.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 2, 2016

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

1) IGD or QGJ should have some spots, post obnoxiously until someone lets you in.

Okey doke. My ally code is 782-793-678

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I understand from the OP that I'm only going to be able to keep 6-7 guys at max level from 50-70.

Also, this isn't as true as it used to be, thanks to the credit heist event. Keep your scoundrels up as much as possible so that you can do it. STH and Lando will do most of the work for you, but you'll need others at 4 or 5* (88, Chewie, etc.).

e: Apparently some things got leaked from TI. They're searching for them now. I doubt any of you would post things I've shared to the forums/reddit, but I'm still just going to put it out there that it'd be good if you didn't. As long as they don't kick me out, I can keep sharing tricks and whatever before they go public. Worst case I get kicked out of TI though, so I'm not really that concerned.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 2, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
As everyone is probably aware, they added additional tiers to the various challenges. I've done a bit of research now that swgoh.gg has updated everything and here's my assessment:

All of the gold items provided at the top tier are actually only half of the final part. The other half has to be farmed normally. What this means is that you're going to accumulate salvage at a much greater rate than you'll be able to use it. So there's not really a lot of benefit from farming up more than say 120 of a given item (each piece of gear uses 60). The one exception here is the AGI Gear challenge, which is also a source for purple syringes. My experience here is you can expect at least 5 syringes per attempt, vs an average of maybe 3 at the previous tier. So keep farming this challenge at the top tier. For the STR Gear challenge, you'll definitely want to fall back to the previous tier because you're missing getting the purple laptops at the top tier. For the INT Gear challenge you'll want to fall back to tier 2 or 3 for the blue power cells.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

As everyone is probably aware, they added additional tiers to the various challenges. I've done a bit of research now that swgoh.gg has updated everything and here's my assessment:

All of the gold items provided at the top tier are actually only half of the final part. The other half has to be farmed normally. What this means is that you're going to accumulate salvage at a much greater rate than you'll be able to use it. So there's not really a lot of benefit from farming up more than say 120 of a given item (each piece of gear uses 60). The one exception here is the AGI Gear challenge, which is also a source for purple syringes. My experience here is you can expect at least 5 syringes per attempt, vs an average of maybe 3 at the previous tier. So keep farming this challenge at the top tier. For the STR Gear challenge, you'll definitely want to fall back to the previous tier because you're missing getting the purple laptops at the top tier. For the INT Gear challenge you'll want to fall back to tier 2 or 3 for the blue power cells.

I'm going for 200, but then yeah, same idea. I hate so much that it's the AGI ones you need, I want so badly to go farm mk3 callers. I mean, I wish I could farm callers and syringes.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

fishtobaskets posted:

Okey doke. My ally code is 782-793-678

Invited you to QGJ.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Anyone knows what happens in arena if you fight someone ranked worse than you are? Top 5 is worse than ebay bidding when it's about to pay out. If I sit in 1, I will get sniped. Today I tried sniping and someone beat me by seconds I'm sure. Does anyone know if the reward time is the same for everyone in your group?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Boozie posted:

Anyone knows what happens in arena if you fight someone ranked worse than you are? Top 5 is worse than ebay bidding when it's about to pay out. If I sit in 1, I will get sniped. Today I tried sniping and someone beat me by seconds I'm sure. Does anyone know if the reward time is the same for everyone in your group?

I can answer all your questions:
1. If you attack someone behind you in rank and win, you remain at your current rank.
2. I believe that a server/shard is built as people start the game, with no respect for time zones. I was extremely lucky with my shard, as I currently have nobody competing with me in my time zone. I've never had more than a couple of people, including one TI jerk who would push people out of first place regardless of time zone. He seems to have stopped playing though. There are also a couple of players with chinese characters as their names.
3. In a strongly competitive server, you have to spend a refresh in order to have any chance of holding first. Even then someone constantly refreshing has a good chance of sneaking in. If you're considering spending a refresh, note that being in second place is almost as good and often less stressful.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I can answer all your questions:
1. If you attack someone behind you in rank and win, you remain at your current rank.
2. I believe that a server/shard is built as people start the game, with no respect for time zones. I was extremely lucky with my shard, as I currently have nobody competing with me in my time zone. I've never had more than a couple of people, including one TI jerk who would push people out of first place regardless of time zone. He seems to have stopped playing though. There are also a couple of players with chinese characters as their names.
3. In a strongly competitive server, you have to spend a refresh in order to have any chance of holding first. Even then someone constantly refreshing has a good chance of sneaking in. If you're considering spending a refresh, note that being in second place is almost as good and often less stressful.

To add to 1, if you attack someone behind you and lose, you remain at your current rank. I've done this to hold first before, and just let it time out.

I'm in a competitive time slot in a competitive shard. It used to be worse, but now there's about 3-4 people who make top 10 in the same hour as I do. It sucks. I still sometimes make 2nd, when I can sit on my phone from 6:30 to 7, but mostly I just end up 6-10.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Can we refer to Wiggs opening hit as sniping some Biggly?

That would just make my loving month.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Can we refer to Wiggs opening hit as sniping some Biggly?

That would just make my loving month.

Done. He snipes biggly.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I really enjoy Wedge Biggly sniping Palpatine in Arena. He's so cheap, but even if he gets a good hit in my Admiral Ackbar wipes it away.

Swapping around rebels in my team is interesting. I can't really tell any difference in win rate between Lando, Wedge, or AA being lead. Is there a definitive best leader for a rebel team?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Aadoniel posted:

I really enjoy Wedge Biggly sniping Palpatine in Arena. He's so cheap, but even if he gets a good hit in my Admiral Ackbar wipes it away.

Swapping around rebels in my team is interesting. I can't really tell any difference in win rate between Lando, Wedge, or AA being lead. Is there a definitive best leader for a rebel team?

I've been running Rex, but that isn't an option for everyone. When I wasn't running Rex, I liked Lando better, but Wedge could be good too.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Aadoniel posted:

No. Depending on who I'm attacking, I either run Wedge or Lando lead. If I'm up against a Rex team, they're generally going to be grindier, so the life gain from Wedge's lead actually makes a difference. However, if I'm running up against a Wedge team whose Biggs is faster than mine (by less than 15), I run Lando lead and snipe Wedge Biggly. If they have a Biggs that is even faster than that, I give up and look for someone else.

e: Also, in my opinion, AA doesn't hold his weight in arena, unless you do one very specific thing: time it so that he has 1 or 2 more speed than Lando. This is really effective on D too, cause AA will use his Tac Genius ability, just in time for Lando to use his AOE. As long as he gets 2 crits, he'll AOE again, doing a pretty sizable chunk of damage to the opponent. If you aren't able to manage that, I think Lando's lead is stronger, and pretty much any rebel (or JKA, EP, RG, etc..) will be stronger in that 5th spot (assuming Wiggs, Lando, STH).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 3, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

Also, this isn't as true as it used to be, thanks to the credit heist event. Keep your scoundrels up as much as possible so that you can do it. STH and Lando will do most of the work for you, but you'll need others at 4 or 5* (88, Chewie, etc.).

e: Apparently some things got leaked from TI. They're searching for them now. I doubt any of you would post things I've shared to the forums/reddit, but I'm still just going to put it out there that it'd be good if you didn't. As long as they don't kick me out, I can keep sharing tricks and whatever before they go public. Worst case I get kicked out of TI though, so I'm not really that concerned.

It's okay Mal, if they whack you we'll take you back like the abused girlfriend that IGD is

Aadoniel posted:

As someone who runs Droids in Arena I will say that on defense Wedge > Lando. I can cripple Lando-leads pretty handily as long as someone doesn't whiff, but Wedge's healing tends to be the deciding factor in these matches because droids lose steam fast after the first couple of attacks, and Wiggs/Lando all recover to full health after any AOE. Of course most of the top 20 in my shard now run Wedge or Rex leads :cry:

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 3, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

It's okay Mal, if they whack you we'll take you back like the abused girlfriend that IGD is

I never doubted you for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
There's a tournament starting tomorrow, and based on the last one, it appears that people are grouped in 5000 person shards based on when they select their defense team. I feel that it would be a good idea to delay starting it as much as possible, while still allowing yourself time to do the fights.