Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

voting third party is a waste if you support one of the two major party candidates, pretty simple n*rds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

*numbers are flying around my head* waste.. waste... waste.. it's all a waste!!!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity. There is nothing new under the sun. Don't vote for Jill Stein you morons.

- Solomon, probably

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

*numbers are flying around my head* waste.. waste... waste.. it's all a waste!!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Also, I can't keep my karls straight anymore due to avatar switching :argh:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

*election night broadcaster voice* incredible, it appears the election came down to 10 posters in the no rules politics forum of a dying comedy site being convinced to vote green instead of hillary. trump wins

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i've literally never seen karl sharks post outside of the hell thread (trump thread)

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

also my avatar is insanely dope and good

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Perot absolutely stole it from Bush, though. It might have been competitive without him running. Teddy did the same thing in the early 1900s with the bull moose party.

In the abstract indirect way where he provided a bridge for people to switch allegiances and depressed turnout for bush? Or in a hard statistical way where if Perot had been struck by lightning on Halloween, HW would have won?

1 could maybe be true, 2 is 100% false

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Karl Barks posted:

also my avatar is insanely dope and good

Only abstract non-representational avs are good, it is known.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Karl Barks posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

theflyingexecutive posted:

In the abstract indirect way where he provided a bridge for people to switch allegiances and depressed turnout for bush? Or in a hard statistical way where if Perot had been struck by lightning on Halloween, HW would have won?

1 could maybe be true, 2 is 100% false

I read something a while back that tried to say that perot's 20% of the popular vote wouldn't have all gone to Bush. While that certainly is true, a two person race between HW and Bill would have been significantly closer if a very large number of conservative votes didn't go third party.

Now in 1996 Perot had little effect, but he grabbed 20% of the popular vote in 1992.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

I read something a while back that tried to say that perot's 20% of the popular vote wouldn't have all gone to Bush. While that certainly is true, a two person race between HW and Bill would have been significantly closer if a very large number of conservative votes didn't go third party.

Now in 1996 Perot had little effect, but he grabbed 20% of the popular vote in 1992.

all studies indicate that perots vote would have split evenly between clinton and bush in 92

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

actually all those votes were wasted, so they didn't count towards the vote total

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
NaderPerotBernie did nothing wrong

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

Bernie did nothing wrong

Agreed, his unwavering support of Clinton since the primary is very cool and good.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Man, it is kind of an indictment of something, though, that the Democratic Primary horrorshow was pretty much the only time in this shitbox of an election that people were actually debating policy.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So Bernie actually did do nothing wrong.

(I'm still glad he won't be president.)

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

docbeard posted:

Even if Trump/Hillary/Johnson wins?

:bernpop:

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

docbeard posted:

Man, it is kind of an indictment of something, though, that the Democratic Primary horrorshow was pretty much the only time in this shitbox of an election that people were actually debating policy.

And even then, it was more of a debate between rhetoric and policy... it was just that the policy candidate was given equal weight.

As someone who enjoys reading position papers and economic analysis, this election cycle blew.

Also, I'm so very alone.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

docbeard posted:

So Bernie actually did do nothing wrong.

(no one cares)

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Really want ol berno to be Senate budget committee chair

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/DaniellaMicaela/status/794344595488378880

mission accomplished :abuela:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

so tell me what happened when Perot dropped in October, bush's poll numbers jumped by 25% right?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Really want ol berno to be Senate budget committee chair

it's gonna rule

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

It's only made him concentrate!

Freezing him won't work, he lives in Vermont!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

So do any of the hacked emails refer to him as (((Bernie Sanders))) yet

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i feel like bernie betrayed me so i wrote in zizek instead

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

the bern man was in my neck of the woods today and I had to miss it :(

here's a picture of him at his hillary rally with one of our county supervisor candidates and somebody's homemade jill stein sign in the background lol

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i got to meet him at his rally in houston so that was cool and i had a good time

edit: his primary rally, lol @ going to a hillary rally

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

I was real disappointed when I looked this up and it wasn't about the tragic appeal of Marxism to people with autism.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I love people who worship a person but won't actually do what they tell them

it'd be like if Jesus appeared to a bunch of evangelicals and said "nah that whole abortion thing is nbd, I just don't give those ones souls" and they wrote down "burn the fornicators"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/794941635931099136

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

And that's why I'm glad you're not the nominee

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin/status/794960628527996928

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Because he's willing to feign empathy to shake holdouts?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

3 emojis or less:

:lol::salt::sad:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

haha

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Because he's willing to feign empathy to shake holdouts?

Naw, gently caress the racists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Not everyone who votes for Trump is necessarily a misogynist racist. But everyone who votes for Trump is willing to support one.

• Locked thread