Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDOq-XkWl4Y

This is a tough gunfight if you aren't prepared, but thankfully Sully is always prepared for a point blank grenade.

This encounter is responsible for a not-insignificant portion of my deaths in Uncharted 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A lot of the stuff that seems to make people gush about this game does nothing for me, but the bit with the car sliding off the cliff and becoming something you platform on and stuff for a little while is very drat cool.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Y'know a geology edutainment game would be kinda gneiss

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Looks like you brought a shotgun to a grenade launcher fight.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Goddammit Sam. Never split the party. Especially never split the party so that someone the main character cares about goes off alone.

If Sam doesn't end up captured or pinned down or in some other trouble I will be very surprised and very glad, because gently caress tropes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sam basically said "Don't worry, I'll be fine" which absolutely sealed his fate. If a character says "don't worry, I'll be fine" when they go off on their own, they 100% will not be fine and you better be worried.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The "muff pistol" is called that because it was a little lady's pistol meant to be hidden in her muff, her furry hand warmer.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tsaedje posted:

Geop alt account found

That or you are also a geologist because geologists can't go 10 seconds without making a rock pun

Just ask me and my old college bar trivia team Gin and Tectonics

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

I can imagine that any volcano section could be a bit a'a, but chalk that up to video game habits. Probably comes down to the people slated to make it. Suppose Obsidian could be a candidate, but they might gravitate more towards entomology games from what I hear.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

General Ironicus posted:

24:12, talking about the Shoreline goon that left a cigarette butt on the floor

I'm such an idiot.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder what the artist who spent hours designing and sketching out that tower on a cliff felt about Drake just drawing it up in a second.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like how you guys keep coming up with theories about how Alcázar is going to find Sam after the get the treasure as if he's not a Satan just loving with some mortal for kicks.

They'll find Avery's treasure and it'll be filled up with gold like the Cave of Wonders and Alcázar will slowly rise up from a pile of jewels and chalices like he's standing on an elevator.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Those caster wheels are super shiny

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RareAcumen posted:

They'll find Avery's treasure and it'll be filled up with gold like the Cave of Wonders and Alcázar will slowly rise up from a pile of jewels and chalices like he's standing on an elevator.

I figure whatever's there in place of the treasure ('cause it sure as Hell ain't gonna be treasure) was known to Alcazar because he's a descendant of some of the pirates, and he wanted the Drake boys to rediscover it so he could protect it like they did.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Nah, there's totally got to be a treasure, just so Drake can have a "I finally got what I was searching for, and only now do I realize it isn't what I really wanted / want anymore" moment.

Maybe the treasure gets taken by Alcazar or Rafe or crumbles into the volcano, but it's got to at least be there for a bit.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Tsaedje posted:

That sounds very much my schist. It might be a bit tuff to do well, though.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Grizzwold posted:

That sounds very much my schist. It might be a bit tuff to do well, though.

Just let it di, o'rite?

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Zomborgon posted:

Just let it di, o'rite?

ROCKS

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
"Don't you see, Drake? The real treasure was A MOUNTAIN OF GOLD AND JEWELS all along!"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
There was a lot of old crap just lying around. What made the tankard special? What was wrong with the chalice right next to it?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wait, how did that coin get so worn down anyways? Its been sitting in a pirate candy dish for the last few centuries.

Also, what if the coins all just have different symbols because they're actually just commemorative coins struck to celebrate the joining of different pirates?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

They should have taken the 50/50 chance. Drake's lucky enought to make it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just check the other side of the coin. They're gonna be minted with the same orientation, and that volcano can only go one way up.

E: looking at the end of video 9, my reasoning says that the treasure tower is the one with scales.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 3, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Bruceski posted:

Just check the other side of the coin. They're gonna be minted with the same orientation, and that volcano can only go one way up.

Don't be so sure. I just checked some various coins I have, some have the reverse "tails" side oriented the same way as the "heads" and some are oriented the other way. Canadian and Euro coins are both sides "up" but US, Costa Rican, and Mexican coinage the tails side all faces "down".

So which was did the pirates use? :iiam:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I know that in the end the treasure is probably going to be some kind of pirate death star or something, but I still can't believe this whole thing is supposed to be about generic pirate treasure of gold and jewels (never mind the fact that not all loot would be nonperishables, spices were real big in this part of the world).

I can't figure out exactly how, but I feel like there's got to be a way to make a fortune off of all these priceless ruins they're demolishing in the hunt for base metals. Or maybe they could just rob a bank.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

SlothfulCobra posted:

I can't figure out exactly how, but I feel like there's got to be a way to make a fortune off of all these priceless ruins they're demolishing in the hunt for base metals. Or maybe they could just rob a bank.

That would lend credence to the Alcazar being in on it theory. He's way too serious for something that could be gone hundreds of years ago. Unless this is all a practical joke and he just wants Sam to live in fear the rest of his life.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SlothfulCobra posted:

I know that in the end the treasure is probably going to be some kind of pirate death star or something, but I still can't believe this whole thing is supposed to be about generic pirate treasure of gold and jewels (never mind the fact that not all loot would be nonperishables, spices were real big in this part of the world).

The real treasure was all the exotic animals the pyrates collected over their careers. The paradise they spoke of was a pet paradise.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

bobjr posted:

That would lend credence to the Alcazar being in on it theory. He's way too serious for something that could be gone hundreds of years ago. Unless this is all a practical joke and he just wants Sam to live in fear the rest of his life.

Alcazar is gonna end up being the descendant of oen of the pirates that Avery invited.

And they either declined or never returned, either or.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
If they took the wallets, jewelry, and mobile phones off all the people they'd killed, they'd probably have the 400 million by now - and then some.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

If they took the wallets, jewelry, and mobile phones off all the people they'd killed, they'd probably have the 400 million by now - and then some.

A lot of those people were pirates, too. I think it counts.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wait, how did that coin get so worn down anyways? Its been sitting in a pirate candy dish for the last few centuries.

Also, what if the coins all just have different symbols because they're actually just commemorative coins struck to celebrate the joining of different pirates?

They're the pirate version of sobriety chips from AA.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

RareAcumen posted:

Wrong. That'll be how Sully comes back to life after he gets killed in this game. Except, ya know, with more grease.

The reason Alcázar knows/thinks the treasure is real is because Drake probably has a bit of infamy in the underworld, what with 3 other games worth of shiny objects (and mercenary kills) under his belt buckle. He's routinely able to find all kinds of mythological cities and treasures that by all rights, shouldn't exist. When Alcázar figured out Sam was Nathan's brother, he realized the crazy bullshit story he was spouting about pirate gold was almost certainly an actual thing.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Sam is actually Alcazar, the real Sam died during the prison escape he plans on killing Nate as soon as they find the treasure.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just want to say that I am constantly impressed by Chip's ability to aim on a controller. Uncharted 4 was pretty miserable for me to play on the normal difficulty because I can't hit poo poo, aiming with sticks after being so accustomed to mouse/keyboard sucks.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

CJacobs posted:

I just want to say that I am constantly impressed by Chip's ability to aim on a controller. Uncharted 4 was pretty miserable for me to play on the normal difficulty because I can't hit poo poo, aiming with sticks after being so accustomed to mouse/keyboard sucks.

There's an auto-aim mode, if you simply don't want to bother.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Playing 1st/3rd person shooters on console is piss and I gladly played UC4 using lock on aim. You still have to adjust your aim to headshot if you're not feeling awesome enough.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

alcazar is Avery, immortal because of the cup of christ dismas and he really wants another sip.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Playing 1st/3rd person shooters on console is piss and I gladly played UC4 using lock on aim. You still have to adjust your aim to headshot if you're not feeling awesome enough.

If you're using the Mateba, you don't have to headshot. :colbert:

I tried to use the lock-on aim, but it felt weird to me. I think I actually prefer to do it manually... but then I've been playing 3rd-person shooters on console since the inception of the concept.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not that hard to aim with a controller. it's just that if you aren't used to it, you'll struggle with the controls. I have the opposite problem where I started playing pc games a lot later than console stuff and I've always been worse at that then using a controller to do the same stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
As console garbage who doesn't do a lot of gaming on the PC, I'm perfectly fine with playing shooters with a controller, but I understand that people playing PC games for years are far better at shooting than me.

• Locked thread