Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

computer parts posted:

Also this is a brave loving thing to say when the map looked like this:

Hmm yes those drat Southern states shouldn't count but the brave progressive strongholds of Wyoming, Utah, and Indiana should stand because

Of course they should all count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

mcmagic posted:

Of course they should all count.

:allears:

mcmagic posted:

Don't forget that a lot of the huge margins she ran up against Bernie were in primaries in states the democrats have zero chance of winning on tuesday.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Northjayhawk posted:

The email poo poo no longer being an issue would be extremely helpful as well. If the GOP says one word about it, you will hear the eyeroll from most of the electorate. All the clinton poo poo from the 90's, the Clinton Foundation, all of that was litigated here. The next GOP nominee will have no choice but to focus on her record in the first term.

If we finally get a supreme court justice there will probably be some major rulings handed down in that period. Conservatives have been putting together cases with the expectation of a conservative justice, which is going to hilariously bite them in the rear end now. Expect the 2020 election to largely be about how mad the GOP is that peeing is legal and gerrymandering isn't.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Yeah.

Edit: This book should probably be added to the OP.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Noctone posted:

I think it would be pretty cool if Comey isn't even allowed the dignity of resigning and is just straight up shitcanned.

Obama's too cool to just do that to him even with being frosted though, he'll quietly ask him to resign and dude will probably do it and get on that wingnut welfare gravytrain. Now if he DOESN'T resign, his chances of getting shitcanned go up substantially. I'm not even convinced he survives a Trump win, because even the R's are super uncomfortable with the implications of what he did.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Thiel is literally not qualified for office by virtue of being born in Germany to German Parents.

Also, I am pretty sure he demands the sacrifice of white virgin twinks.

Thiel the one that gets transfusions of young people's blood to try and stay young? Like some Lady Bathory poo poo.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

Also this is a brave loving thing to say when the map looked like this:

Hmm yes those drat Southern states shouldn't count but the brave progressive strongholds of Wyoming, Utah, and Indiana should stand because

So what if she carried the three most populous states (two of which consistently democrat) and all but 2 important swing states.

She's bad.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

Don't forget that a lot of the huge margins he ran up against Clinton were in primaries in states the democrats have zero chance of winning on tuesday.

Also true.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Guess there is no worry of Clinton camper complancy now, huh?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

With a Democratic Senate, is there any hope of enacting fiscal policy towards the end of staving off the future bust in the cycle? Monetary policy-wise, the hands are kind of tied aren't they, since fed funds rate can only be slashed so low, and raising would probably pop the mini-housing bubble, no? What options do we have for economic policy implementation?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I think there's this myth of the "burn it all down" Sanders supporters jumping to Trump, but those people A.) barely exist and B.) probably won't vote at all

*raises hand*

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You're right. They'd suddenly remember he was gay.

Who will loudly talk about how the media will try to distract people with all this "gay rights" stuff. If Hans Herman-Hoppe can cosign Thiel, the rest of the GOP can go full token on him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Feinne posted:

Obama's too cool to just do that to him even with being frosted though, he'll quietly ask him to resign and dude will probably do it and get on that wingnut welfare gravytrain. Now if he DOESN'T resign, his chances of getting shitcanned go up substantially. I'm not even convinced he survives a Trump win, because even the R's are super uncomfortable with the implications of what he did.

He has to resign. I don't even think she can fire him since he's on a 10 year term and it would look personal even though everyone knows he should be fired.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Clinton's biggest barrier to re-election in 2020 would probably be the recession we're likely to see in the next four years, given the number of economic crisis bubbling in the background. It probably wouldn't be blamed so much on her as the Democrats in general because they've held the Whitehouse for 12 years and "they said they'd fix this!" In which case selecting a different Democratic candidate wouldn't do much.

100% of the reason they haven't been solved is republicans pouting and voting no about everything, but I agree that everyone will blame the Democratic Party.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

*raises hand*

We're talking about people, not poo poo golems.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This thread is getting 100 replies every 5-10 minutes. Jesus.

Some early voting data looking real good for Hillary:

https://twitter.com/adamslily/status/793913862756106240

(long chain of tweets, click it)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

stone cold posted:

With a Democratic Senate, is there any hope of enacting fiscal policy towards the end of staving off the future bust in the cycle? Monetary policy-wise, the hands are kind of tied aren't they, since fed funds rate can only be slashed so low, and raising would probably pop the mini-housing bubble, no? What options do we have for economic policy implementation?

Paul Ryan has veto power over any piece of legislation, so no.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
One of the weird side effects of the GOP embracing the conspiracy nut contingent is they can't reliably predict what side their constituents will be on about a lot of formerly safe Law & Order stuff. Sure conservative voters like cops shooting minorities okay, but the FBI feature heavily in gun-snatching fever dreams and can't be trusted.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WampaLord posted:

I really enjoyed making some idiot give Lowtax :20bux: and I'm cool with dropping some Lincolns like I'm John Wilkes Booth.

So one Lincoln then?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Dirt posted:

This thread is getting 100 replies every 5-10 minutes. Jesus.

Some early voting data looking real good for Hillary:https://twitter.com/adamslily/status/793913862756106240

(long chain of tweets, click it)

Note: these are from an HFA operator so they might be "skewed" so to speak, but still interesting figures.

quote:

OH: More than half of all votes have come in over the past week and more voters have cast ballots in person than at this point in 2012.
OH: In the last 7 days, early voting in person turnout outpaced the same seven days in Ohio in 2012 by about 30%.

FL: Over half a million African American voters have cast ballots so far which is ⅓ higher than at this point in 2012.
FL: Over 500k have voted in the Democratic stronghold of Miami-Dade Co, more than the total number who early voted during 2012.

NC: Dem counties surging - Durham outpacing '12 by 19%, Mecklenburg County, outpacing '12 by 6%, and Wake County outpacing '12 by 17%.
NC: Over 2m people have voted, up from this point in 2012. Yesterday, nearly 5k more AfAm voters cast ballots than the same day in '12

NV: Over half a million people have voted so far and turnout in Clark Co is up 17% compared to this point in 2012. Dems still outpacing GOP

WI: In fact, last week, the City of Madison - home to the University Of Wisconsin - broke its 2012 early vote record.
WI: early votes are coming from major Dem counties (Dane/Milwaukee) compared to the GOP strongholds (WOW counties) by a margin of 2-1.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MattD1zzl3 posted:

*raises hand*

Oh do they deliver absentee ballots out to the klavvern kompound?

Spacebump posted:

So one Lincoln then?

:drat:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

He has to resign. I don't even think she can fire him since he's on a 10 year term and it would look personal even though everyone knows he should be fired.

He could be fired. It's a ten-year "term limit" but it's not "you get this job for ten years" kind of gig; but I don't think she can fire him for other reasons -- namely the optics of it would be pretty loving terrible.

Obama prolly can't either for same.

That said, I think he'll resign anyway.

Bushiz posted:

Who will loudly talk about how the media will try to distract people with all this "gay rights" stuff. If Hans Herman-Hoppe can cosign Thiel, the rest of the GOP can go full token on him.

Thankfully he literally can't file for office, so we're spared this dark future. For now.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I expect Trump to win the popular vote but lose the EV map, and go away bickering that the electoral college rigs elections. Which is sort of ironic, since George W and other Republicans have long pushed the Dems to the coast. Whatever.

My only hope is that in AZ the anti-Trump vote and anti-Arpaio vote knocks out both.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

A Winner is Jew posted:

To white nationalists she is the literal anti-christ.

I was not aware of this. I just assumed it was any right-wing wackadoo (and moderate Rs, let's be honest) that disliked her.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

sean10mm posted:

Also true.

She also won in PA,VA,NC,FL,NV. The map looks a lot different if the latter 3 of those all look worse with Bernie as the candidate.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

I expect Trump to win the popular vote but lose the EV map, and go away bickering that the electoral college rigs elections. Which is sort of ironic, since George W and other Republicans have long pushed the Dems to the coast. Whatever.

My only hope is that in AZ the anti-Trump vote and anti-Arpaio vote knocks out both.

There is no meaningful chance of Trump winning the popular vote but losing the EV. That's an incredibly rare situation in the best of times and honestly would trend towards Democrats due to the way the EV/population centers are laid out.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Craptacular! posted:

Implausible, there aren't enough old white men despite the fact that they are energetically fellated by the news media

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

mcmagic posted:

I'm counting him being prosecuted under the Hatch Act as shitcanning in this case, which would be the next step if he doesn't resign.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Craptacular! posted:

I don't think he'll win the popular vote. He's strongest in states with very low populations, and he's not winning any of the minorities or most of the women who live even there.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

It is physically impossible to respond to this without sounding owned. To enter a universe in which there are only corncobs :(

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
C'mon, you sonofabitch, deny it

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/KerryFoxLive/status/793915015631896577

quote:

GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz Reported To FBI For Using Potential Illegal Private Email Server

HahahahahaahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHahahahahahahahah this loving election.

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax

MattD1zzl3 posted:

*raises hand*

But you're a racist piece of poo poo though so I don't think anyone actually wants you or cares.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I don't think he'll win the popular vote. He's strongest in states with very low populations, and he's not winning any of the minorities or most of the women who live even there.

Yeah, he's going to lose bigly in New York and California, and Texas looks like it will at least be better for HRC than it was for Obama.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

I was not aware of this. I just assumed it was any right-wing wackadoo (and moderate Rs, let's be honest) that disliked her.

There are some people, not a lot of them thank god, but some and I have met them, who believe any woman who is unsubmissive to men has been literally possessed by the literal devil.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/KerryFoxLive/status/793915015631896577

HahahahahaahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHahahahahahahahah this loving election.

hahahahahaha omfg this can't be real

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

This would be a good outcome as it might get the GOP onboard with shitcanning the EC but it won't happen.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Nope.

She's married to Bill (and is seen as the much more evil of the two) and he presided over Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Captain Oblivious posted:

It is physically impossible to respond to this without sounding owned. To enter a universe in which there are only corncobs :(

Aww I'm just kidding. :v:

What's the opposite of a corncob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

I expect Trump to win the popular vote but lose the EV map
Haha, what on earth is making you think this?

• Locked thread