Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

chitoryu12 posted:

Does anyone know when Amendment 1 voting finishes? I just got registered to vote in Florida so I should probably get a move on.

Election day for everything. Nov 8.

Amendment 1: Solar bullshit
Amendment 2: Medical MJ

Edit: And other stuff that I am not really qualified to comment on.

NO. 3 CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT ARTICLE VII, SECTION 6 ARTICLE XII
Tax Exemption for Totally and Permanently Disabled First Responders

quote:

Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to authorize a first responder, who is totally and permanently disabled as a result of injuries sustained in the line of duty, to receive relief from ad valorem taxes assessed on homestead property, if authorized by general law. If approved by voters, the amendment takes effect January 1, 2017.

NO. 5 CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT ARTICLE VII, SECTION 6 ARTICLE XII
Homestead Tax Exemption for Certain Senior, Low-Income, Long-Term Residents; Determination of Just Value

quote:

Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to revise the homestead tax exemption that may be granted by counties or municipalities for property with just value less than $250,000 owned by certain senior, low-income, long-term residents to specify that just value is determined in the first tax year the owner applies and is eligible for the exemption. The amendment takes effect January 1, 2017, and applies retroactively to exemptions granted before January 1, 2017.

Ularg has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ularg posted:

Election day for everything. Nov 8.

Amendment 1: Solar bullshit
Amendment 2: Medical MJ

Edit: And other stuff that I am not really qualified to comment on.

NO. 3 CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT ARTICLE VII, SECTION 6 ARTICLE XII
Tax Exemption for Totally and Permanently Disabled First Responders

NO. 5 CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT ARTICLE VII, SECTION 6 ARTICLE XII
Homestead Tax Exemption for Certain Senior, Low-Income, Long-Term Residents; Determination of Just Value

Thanks. Various citizenship and ID issues have prevented me from voting until now, so I'm completely clueless.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I gotta say it's an absolute nightmare to get objective facts out of local candidates you don't usually have a preference for. Like the one site I ended up going to locked me out after my third view because it was a paid service just to see the candidates political stances.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ularg posted:

I gotta say it's an absolute nightmare to get objective facts out of local candidates you don't usually have a preference for. Like the one site I ended up going to locked me out after my third view because it was a paid service just to see the candidates political stances.

Ballotpedia can be a good resource for this sort of thing.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

credit to the content zone for making sonicfield

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

There's also a very good chance your local paper will have some articles on their website.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Besesoth posted:

It's bad, in a sneaky way: while it does enshrine the right of homeowners to install solar panels for energy generation - whether they own or lease the panels - it also enshrines the right of the state and local governments to limit which solar panels a homeowner can install. That means that, if this amendment passes, the state, or county and municipal governments, can turn right around and put limits on legal solar panels that can only be met by the existing utility companies, instead of third parties that are more consumer-friendly - or can legalize limits so absurd that they effectively illegalize solar power.

In addition, the law claims to protect consumers by guaranteeing that homeowners that don't install solar panels won't pay for the "backup power" and connection to the electrical grid used by solar-power customers. This sounds like it's pro-consumer, but what it actually means is that if you install solar panels for only a portion of your power generation, the power company can charge you whatever the hell they like both to maintain your existing connection to the grid and for the power you draw from it.

In the worst-case scenario, this amendment would let Florida effectively ban ALL solar power (by putting ridiculous limits on it) and let utilities charge exorbitantly if they find out you're using any solar power at all - like, say, those little stake-in path lights, or a kid's science fair kit.

(Not to mention that, thanks to contributions from big business all around the country - including the Koch brothers - this amendment edged out a different amendment on the ballot that would have been much more consumer-friendly.)

Aw drat, I made the same mistake as the guy in the post then. :( Do your research before voting on amendments you guys.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lottery of Babylon posted:

What is happening to my eyes

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Simsmagic posted:

Aw drat, I made the same mistake as the guy in the post then. :( Do your research before voting on amendments you guys.

poo poo's tough. I didn't realize there was going to be a measure on my ballot trying to make my state's Right to Work laws part of the constitution. It had some weird double negative wording, didn't mention the term "Right to Work", and made it sound like they were just trying to stop employers from making it difficult for non-union people to get hired in certain jobs.

Fortunately, I get immediately suspicious when unions come up in anything political. I figured it was meant to weaken unions by making anyone hire-able for jobs where the only bargaining power has been union exclusivity, and turned out I was right.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Someone just shared this page with no comment :confused:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Oh cool. Looks like he's moved past that whole GamerGate bullshit and is actually treating women with respect. Supporting fellow actors is a good start. I enjoy his acting so maybe he's actually worth following now.

What's that hashtag all about anyway?

Mother... fucker.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MRW my cousin (on welfare) announces she's preggers with her 4th miracle

quote:

yeekee1 pt17m
They should offer people $$$ to get sterilized (less $ the more kids you already have). Some probably would & it would save 1/2

:catstare:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Met posted:

Oh cool. Looks like he's moved past that whole GamerGate bullshit and is actually treating women with respect. Supporting fellow actors is a good start. I enjoy his acting so maybe he's actually worth following now.

Mother... fucker.

Now there's a man who never wants to work on a set with a woman ever again.

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

:derp:

psutify has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Nov 3, 2016

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Not entirely wrong.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Midnight Voyager posted:

What is happening to my eyes

You're being #woke up, my child!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Finally a party that cares about the issues that are important to me!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Someone burned a church today and sprayed VOTE TRUMP on the side.

Notch is going full nuts and declaring it a false flag operation. Screenshotted for when he deletes the tweets.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Notch is going full nuts and declaring it a false flag operation. Screenshotted for when he deletes the tweets.

The thing is, lots of people are racist. Lots of Americans are racist. Lots of supporters of both parties are racist. Racists do stupid dumb hateful racist things.

So if your Trump, or a Trump supporter, what you say is "Hey guys, like I appreciate the support and stuff, but don't do stupid racist hateful stuff. Or at least not in my name. OK? By teh way, there are a bunch of guys that support me that didn't burn down a black church."

Instead you get the insane blaming, fingerpointing, generalizations, and conspiracy theories that pain your opponent as the devil incarnate.

Wouldn't it be easier, saner, and more civil to just go "Hey perhaps not all the people who support me are saints. These particular people did something loving awful, and put my name to it. That's not cool."

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

BrigadierSensible posted:

The thing is, lots of people are racist. Lots of Americans are racist. Lots of supporters of both parties are racist. Racists do stupid dumb hateful racist things.

So if your Trump, or a Trump supporter, what you say is "Hey guys, like I appreciate the support and stuff, but don't do stupid racist hateful stuff. Or at least not in my name. OK? By teh way, there are a bunch of guys that support me that didn't burn down a black church."

Instead you get the insane blaming, fingerpointing, generalizations, and conspiracy theories that pain your opponent as the devil incarnate.

Wouldn't it be easier, saner, and more civil to just go "Hey perhaps not all the people who support me are saints. These particular people did something loving awful, and put my name to it. That's not cool."
Yes, actually. As seen when a NC GOP office was firebombed a couple weeks ago, and Democrats came together to raise money to restore the office while Trump pointed fingers.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

I hate small talk! What's your favorite scent? (More like smell talk, am I right?)

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I DON'T CARE HOW YOUR DAY WAS WE ARE NOW DISCUSSING THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY

bend
Dec 31, 2012

I want to know what's up. At least far more than I want to know about their thoughts on aliens and sex (that may involve hearing about what's up too, but to be honest I'd rather not know)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Asking someone what's up is a great way of breaking the ice and often leads to more indepth conversation.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
That post always just seems like a really long-winded way of saying "I don't care about you."

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I DON'T CARE WHAT'S UP WE ARE NOW TALKING ABOUT

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

all it needs is a mention of being pro-gamergate and pro-trump and that would be the most beautiful bio

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Shadownerd
Aug 2, 2007
Fabricati Diem, Pvnc.
I know this several pages and derails back, but I was thinking about the guy who sent the letter with the offer of writing advice to the person who does The Backstagers, the one who signed the letter "Forever Yours in the Matrix, RED". Could he be the weirdo who posted in the webcomics thread about his really bizarre webcomic with the redhead protagonist set in the future, the one who put Something Awful in the comic as villains because people here made fun of him? I don't know, something about the weird letters reminded me of him.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The GoFundMe for the church has raised something like $80,000 in a few hours, and kudos to the donors who identified themselves as Trump supporters and condemned the arson in the donors' comments.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ularg posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Simsmagic posted:

This is similar to GA's ballot for Amendment 1 which calls for the creation of an "Opportunity District"
The wording is such that you want to say yes because "helps kids", "fixes continually failing schools", and "allows state govt. to work with local board to fix school issues", but it really allows for complete dissolution of a local board, closing of schools "if necessary" and is very heavily in favor of charter schools. The big problem in all of this is that education budgets get slashed, teachers get paid less, given less supplies, and have to teach to a test lest they still fail, and the people STILL want to blame teachers for their failing kids.

Just as an aside, I'm not sure if they still do it now(I think this was still No Child Left Behind), schools used to be graded based on increases in annual pass rates of tests. Basically, you had to exceed the previous year's pass rate or lose funding. This sounds nice and all, but some schools known for high scholastic achievement failed because they couldn't get their numbers up because they were so high already. Gov. Deal just isn't good for education is what I'm saying y'all.

Shadownerd posted:

I know this several pages and derails back, but I was thinking about the guy who sent the letter with the offer of writing advice to the person who does The Backstagers, the one who signed the letter "Forever Yours in the Matrix, RED". Could he be the weirdo who posted in the webcomics thread about his really bizarre webcomic with the redhead protagonist set in the future, the one who put Something Awful in the comic as villains because people here made fun of him? I don't know, something about the weird letters reminded me of him.

Ehhhhhh
I don't think [Jane? what was that weird "multi-media" comic called again?] would be him, considering it seemed to espouse sjw-ish talking points right? And the MC was female so...
(I assume that's the one you're talking about and not the insane poster who was in love with that Moose comic)

Postal Parcel has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Nov 3, 2016

Shadownerd
Aug 2, 2007
Fabricati Diem, Pvnc.
You're probably right, I just remember him signing his posts and talking about the Matrix but I'm probably way off.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Sarah Zero?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Parasol Prophet posted:

That post always just seems like a really long-winded way of saying "I don't care about you."

Not seems, is. "Hey let's talk about the random poo poo lighting up my neurons and then you tell me everything in your life that you hold close. We're bonding!"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Wow that dog is rude, someone should bop his nose with a newspaper

PortalFreak
Oct 29, 2016

God's true gift to mankind is 007 Nightfire for the Nintendo GameCube.

Met posted:

Mother... fucker.

shut up meg

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

That was my thought too - he's definitely insane enough but I don't remember a drat thing about the Sarah Zero guy's politics or personality since that was like a decade ago.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Nice to see Notch starting to go full bore right wing nut and adhering to the long held tradition of screaming false flag as soon as something goes against their worldview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Shadownerd posted:

Sarah Zero guy? I doubt it, doesn't spend enough time talking about how wonderful he is and how great his achievements are.