Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

luminalflux posted:

I stopped drinking sugared soda, but now i'm addicted to La Croix

If your biggest drink vice is La Croix, you're doing just fine.

Related note: I love the Lime La Croix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

now you know how we feel when you post

A sweet treat to be savoured on the weekend?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

facultas posted:

It's telling that this thread regularly gets sidetracked by food chat.

You mean it's telling that this thread regularly gets sidetracked by eve chat :colbert:.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so the other day i bought some buffalo mozzarella but at 12.50 per ball, it's a bit pricey

reasonable alternatives? or should i just suck it up and indulge my habit

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Zephyrine posted:

I have milk in my coffee and that's it :stonk:

If I recall correctly, you have coffee in your milk.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

i too like a good macchiato

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

A sweet treat to be savoured on the weekend?

so you do put butter in your coffee

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

35% milk is not unreasonable for a cup of coffee

I'll take this as a compliment.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

facultas posted:

It's telling that this thread regularly gets sidetracked by food chat.

It's almost as if CCP went six months without making any balance changes, and there's simply not much to talk about. I mean, what's happened in the last month?

* CCP made as few promises as possible at Eve Vegas
* Everyone's training for Rorquals for November
* We dropped another keepstar that is extremely unlikely to ever die, or even get attacked, before the servers shut down
* PL and their band of betas are trying to stave off ennui by beating up on CO2 and TEST, which is funny but mostly predictable

Speaking of food, during one of my two trips out of my hotel room during Eve Vegas, I took enough pseudoephedrine to kill a horse and went to Robuchon in the MGM, since I had gotten reservations for it months in advance and didn't want to waste it. Holy gently caress, that is amazing food. It was a four-digit bill for one person, so I'm not sure if I'll be back any time this decade, but it was legit worth it as a once-in-a-life experience -- it made me actually grok the point and purpose of small dishes in haute cuisine.

that's a weirdly popular thing right now due to some trend diet (something keto-related? idgi) and i have no loving idea why

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

35% milk is not unreasonable for a cup of coffee

I'll take this as a compliment.

yes it is

you're retarded

ullerrm posted:

that's a weirdly popular thing right now due to some trend diet (something keto-related? idgi) and i have no loving idea why

the reason is like every other fad, it's something some random country/ethnicity does and therefore It Has Benefits to middle+ class white people

edit: how the hell did you spend a grand, did you get multiple wine pairings or what jesus

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 2, 2016

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

vyst posted:

If your biggest drink vice is La Croix, you're doing just fine.

I mean i drink alcohol as well when partying, but for some reason 4 days of EVE Vegas eating non-healthy food (secret pizza place at Cosmo owns) and drinking and the scale didn't move. So go me.

I also put a splash of almond milk in my coffee too but not 35% fat milk which is like cream or wtf idgi

flanders posted:

Speaking of food, during one of my two trips out of my hotel room during Eve Vegas, I took enough pseudoephedrine to kill a horse and went to Robuchon in the MGM, since I had gotten reservations for it months in advance and didn't want to waste it. Holy gently caress, that is amazing food. It was a four-digit bill for one person, so I'm not sure if I'll be back any time this decade, but it was legit worth it as a once-in-a-life experience -- it made me actually grok the point and purpose of small dishes in haute cuisine.

I'm legit jelly, I didn't really get the downtime to do anything like that. Sushi place in Cosmo was good though.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

luminalflux posted:

I mean i drink alcohol as well when partying, but for some reason 4 days of EVE Vegas eating non-healthy food (secret pizza place at Cosmo owns) and drinking and the scale didn't move. So go me.

I also put a splash of almond milk in my coffee too but not 35% fat milk which is like cream or wtf idgi

Not 35% fat, 2 parts coffee 1 part milk roughly, which is too much unless you're drinking espresso or really just want your coffee to taste like lattes

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Is it the whole low carb high fat thing?

I knew a girl who was on that and she supposedly needed to replace her milk with 40% cream for all uses she could manage it. Also put butter on cheese slices, roll them up and eat them :barf:

yes it is

you're retarded

Enough pillow talk. When are you getting me back into the swarm?

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 2, 2016

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

gwrtheyrn posted:

Not 35% fat, 2 parts coffee 1 part milk roughly, which is too much unless you're drinking espresso or really just want your coffee to taste like lattes

please drink black coffee

please work out

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

black coffee is garbage. If you want the caffeine hit just take loving caffeine pills with whatever tasty beverage you like.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

edit: how the hell did you spend a grand, did you get multiple wine pairings or what jesus

18-course meal at a triple Michelin starred restaurant. Food alone was $400/head before tax/tip. Add one of their middle-priced wine pairings and a finger of post-meal scotch, and it's easy.

Could have been a lot worse if I had gone for a more expensive wine pairing.

luminalflux posted:

I'm legit jelly, I didn't really get the downtime to do anything like that. Sushi place in Cosmo was good though.

Blue Ribbon? Yeah, they are legit good. Did you get the live scallop?

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 2, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really like Lady Grey tea. I'm a big fan of trying all kinds of teas, but black teas are my favourites. I'm also very partial to Jasmine tea for when I want to unwind.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
tea is easily superior to coffee but i enjoy both

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

tea is easily superior to coffee but i enjoy both

same. They give premium non-bullshit coffee out for free at my new job so I've gotten acquired to it again but they also give Tazo tea for free too.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ullerrm posted:

PL and their band of betas

:eyepop:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I want to like tea but I'm of the soda generation. I just expect a lot more flavour out of my boiled fruit water.

I can't imagine people drinking regular tea without anything added. I like milk and honey in my tea but then I can hardly take credit for being a tea connoisseur at that point.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

tea is like meditation, but for your tastebuds

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zephyrine posted:

I want to like tea but I'm of the soda generation. I just expect a lot more flavour out of my boiled fruit water.

I can't imagine people drinking regular tea without anything added. I like milk and honey in my tea but then I can hardly take credit for being a tea connoisseur at that point.

You should try Jasmine Tea after a stressful day. It's not got the sweetest taste but the smell and the clarity of watching the leaves open up is very soothing!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDP7etvX6MI

This is my jam!!!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

flowering tea aint my thang but loose leaf jasmine is good. i wonder when ccp will add interactive tea brewing to our captain's quarters

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Okay I'm buying jasmine tea tomorrow.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
there's some company that sells a white tea that i liked, but it was the fairly heavily sweetened type, still a nice flavor :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

there's some company that sells a white tea that i liked, but it was the fairly heavily sweetened type, still a nice flavor :)

There is this cool tea shop not far from me where one side is lots of tea making equipments. The middle is three tables, one table with leaves in bowls so you can smell them, one taster table and the register table. The other side is just boxes and boxes of all 130 teas they offer.

I sometimes stand in there and smile. :)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Gimme! I need all the flavours in my tea. All of them.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
i order my pu-erh tea direct from china as i demand yunnan's finest

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

china's gonna win the culture war via overpriced leaves

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Don't buy teavana tea. It's overpriced garbage. It's like the starbucks of tea. You can get much cheaper stuff on Amazon.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

china's gonna win the culture war via overpriced leaves

there are many reputable, online sources for chinese tea that provide great quality at really good prices

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

ullerrm posted:

Blue Ribbon? Yeah, they are legit good. Did you get the live scallop?

Yep that's the one and no, I just got sashimi/sushi combo which was pretty darn good.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

:coffeepal: s itt. I like a good red eye or black eye. My favorite FCing aid was a giant cold brew with a double poo poo s.t. I'm not tapping the keyboard as much as pushing the keys with my vibrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Look at all these seppos fetishising tea. Here's how you do it: is it from the Indian subcontinent? Ok white and two thanks. Is it green and from China, Japan or south east Asia? Hot water only. Is it other than the above? Chuck it in the bin where it belongs.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

:coffeepal: s itt. I like a good red eye or black eye.

do you like getting punched in the face

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

luminalflux posted:

Yep that's the one and no, I just got sashimi/sushi combo which was pretty darn good.

Last time I was there, I was watching them carve out slices of a piece of chutoro that was so heavily marbled, it could be mistaken for beef. Started drooling at the table.

CainFortea posted:

black coffee is garbage. If you want the caffeine hit just take loving caffeine pills with whatever tasty beverage you like.

Black coffee can be good if you're not overextracting it. Coffee should be faintly citrusy sour, leafy, nutty, fatty without being oily. If it's bitter or if you're not getting any fruit notes, then you hosed up and overextracted -- either you're grinding too finely, or you're pouring too quickly, or both.

Look at that loving heaven.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Drinking coffee is like drinking a hot muddy puddle hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Carth Dookie posted:

Look at all these seppos fetishising tea. Here's how you do it: is it from the Indian subcontinent? Ok white and two thanks. Is it green and from China, Japan or south east Asia? Hot water only. Is it other than the above? Chuck it in the bin where it belongs.

who is fetishizing anything aside from you austrash

i prefer my tea black, extremely sweet, and ice loving cold get at me boy

• Locked thread