Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Like I needed James Hunt to legitimize my natural distrust of Italians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Virtually everything about Italy is good besides Italians.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Shitaly.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Italian drivers are cool.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Italy's contributions to society:

Pasta
Michele Alboreto
The Lancia Beta Coupe
Those little moka pots
The story where Are Niki visited Alfa's engine shop to figure out why they were so unreliable and found twenty stray dogs running throughout the place.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Pasta
Michele Alboreto
The Lancia Beta Coupe
Those little moka pots
The story where Are Niki visited Alfa's engine shop to figure out why they were so unreliable and found twenty stray dogs running throughout the place.

the old west themed bar in milan where the bartender kept giving me free shots and then i repeatedly threw up on my flight the next morning

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Alfa Romeo were hilariously bad at motorsport. They're like Ferrari but with all the faults magnified by ten

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2OlsCu1tfc

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

the old west themed bar in milan where the bartender kept giving me free shots and then i repeatedly threw up on my flight the next morning

Oh ya and Spaghetti Westerns.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

simplefish posted:

I want to see a FIA line on the sides of cars. If the front wheel is behind the line, guy behind should have backed off. If in front, should be given space.

Of course it would be hard or impossible to see in the mirrors but at least it would make it clear cut

Great I'd look forward to the new era of dazzleship liveries

EDIT: yes I know red bull ran something that vaguely resembled it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

djssniper posted:

Great I'd look forward to the new era of dazzleship liveries

EDIT: yes I know red bull ran something that vaguely resembled it

In testing and it was loving dope

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Italy reminds me of a 3rd world Asian country in many respects.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Norns posted:

In testing and it was loving dope

Was more of a vectored skeleton design, a real dazzleship design would need straight sharp edges I suppose, get you head round that one Newey!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What have the Romans ever done for us?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I wish some of the backmarkers would go nuts with some crazy asymetrical livery. Sauber and Manor just look like no-name dollar store toys. There's nothing memorable about them in look or performance.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

1500quidporsche posted:

Pasta
Michele Alboreto
The Lancia Beta Coupe
Those little moka pots

Don't forget about pizza. They gave us pizza.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

1500quidporsche posted:

Pasta
Michele Alboreto
The Lancia Beta Coupe
Those little moka pots

Valentino Rossi :colbert:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

I wish some of the backmarkers would go nuts with some crazy asymetrical livery. Sauber and Manor just look like no-name dollar store toys. There's nothing memorable about them in look or performance.

I was always a big fan of Jordan's cars.....

Because of the drawing on the nose....hornets/sharks etc.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Alfa Romeo were hilariously bad at motorsport. They're like Ferrari but with all the faults magnified by ten

In the 80s they tried to run like 4 failing, expensive, Motorsport programs at once.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

keevo posted:

Don't forget about pizza. They gave us pizza.

Seriously. Of all things to leave out, pizza was left out. What the gently caress guys. :colbert:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

In the 80s they tried to run like 4 failing, expensive, Motorsport programs at once.

Not only that but they were government owned and desperately needed to engineer a new platform.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You know when you think about it, a pizza is just a giant pasta noodle.

I did forget Rossi though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italians "invented" pizza but america made it actually good so it's kind of a wash

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

italians "invented" pizza but america made it actually good so it's kind of a wash

America's idea of making food good is dumping gobs of cheese onto it.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

gret posted:

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

gret posted:

I don't see your point.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I love when the people who eat jellied eels and toast sandwiches say our food is bad. Also, posting good Americans ITT:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm so loving tempted to buy an HF elephant decal for my kart.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gret posted:

gently caress yeah it is

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

gret posted:

Italy reminds me of a 3rd world Asian country in many respects.

In what way? Clothes made in Italy are very expensive

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Italians also love anime.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm so loving tempted to buy an HF elephant decal for my kart.

Modern Lancia is extremely depressing.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poty posted:

In what way? Clothes made in Italy are very expensive

Made more often than not by Chinese workers.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Controversial opinion time - The Schumacher camp does sort of have an obligation to Michaels fans for more information about his condition. Its been almost three years now shrouded in secrecy. Yeh right to privacy blah blah blah, but the hundreds of millions of dollars Schumi made were because he was a public figure! Even at the time of his injury he was still collecting paychecks as a brand ambassador for probably about 20 different things.

Doesn't need to be a full access, cameras at his home, interview with him (not that we know either way if he is even actually able to do one). Just an official statement with a bit more detail on his condition will do. Or will the next statement end up just being one announcing he has died? The unofficial reports seem to go from extremely grim all the way to 'is walking with assistance.' Some might say its none of the public's business, but when you have made yourself a public figure it in a way does become public business.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

freeranger posted:

I was always a big fan of Jordan's cars.....

Because of the drawing on the nose....hornets/sharks etc.

CART was good for this too:

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

AgentJotun posted:

Controversial opinion time - The Schumacher camp does sort of have an obligation to Michaels fans for more information about his condition. Its been almost three years now shrouded in secrecy. Yeh right to privacy blah blah blah, but the hundreds of millions of dollars Schumi made were because he was a public figure! Even at the time of his injury he was still collecting paychecks as a brand ambassador for probably about 20 different things.

Doesn't need to be a full access, cameras at his home, interview with him (not that we know either way if he is even actually able to do one). Just an official statement with a bit more detail on his condition will do. Or will the next statement end up just being one announcing he has died? The unofficial reports seem to go from extremely grim all the way to 'is walking with assistance.' Some might say its none of the public's business, but when you have made yourself a public figure it in a way does become public business.

He's a vegetable, OP.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Ross Brawn denies Formula 1 job speculation

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37847748

quote:

The 61-year-old former Mercedes F1 boss told BBC Sport he was doing some consultancy work for Liberty Media, which is in the process of buying a controlling stake in F1.
But he said the company was not ready to make any definitive job offers.
"Liberty have not got far enough down the road to make any commitments yet," said the Englishman.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

Whats Papa Jons like? They look tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

AgentJotun posted:

Just google image search "Persistent Vegetative state". You're.....welcome?

• Locked thread