Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I need to start playing as a medic, needles are more powerful than shotguns

https://gfycat.com/InsignificantSparklingBlacklab

edit: how do i embed without making it humongous :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The revive needle will one shot enemies, it's boss.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
It probably gives them autism.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Auxiliary Treats posted:

It probably gives them autism.

It cures them of autism making them suck so bad at playing they just die.

I'd love to see a buff to suppression on LMGs. You shouldn't be able to effectively headshot return fire when you're getting pinged with LMG hit markers. It would be a good counter to hill wookies too, as long as you're lighting one up with an LMG, he's effectively (more) useless. A huge buff to artillery and fixed heavy machine gun suppression would kick rear end too. Turrets and field guns should knock you prone and give you the "freshly revived" dizzy screen.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

winter.mute posted:

it'd be cool if they could implement a "Shell Shock" system where a concentrated amount of explosions and gunfire at one soldier gives them an extended period of extreme suppression

That's called engine lag

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Somehow went 43-6 on Sinai without ever getting in a vehicle, pretty sure I've used up all of my luck / skill for the foreseeable future. Of course I finish my revives for the medic medal and then get shot 4 kills into the "5 kills in a life" part and now I'm never going to get close again.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Having a good time with the support lmg thats a box fed, 200 round mag beast. Its a laser when prone and you can even equip a scope and toggle to single shot mode.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I need to start playing as a medic, needles are more powerful than shotguns

https://gfycat.com/InsignificantSparklingBlacklab

edit: how do i embed without making it humongous :/

"woah woah woah woah woah woah you got that wmd???" *cuts in line, falls immediately into complete euphoria*

"thx, close the door pls"

winter.mute posted:

"Shell Shock"
extended period of extreme suppression

Finger Prince posted:

buff to suppression on LMGs
Turrets and field guns should knock you prone and give you the "freshly revived" dizzy screen.

This would be really rad

Beastie posted:

Am I supposed to use it to hid behind a rock and peek? Is it really that boss?

are you kidding me dogg The trench periscope is either a) non stop points/squadwipecity
b)
http://i.imgur.com/DvfTbGr.gifv

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

mellowjournalism posted:

are you kidding me dogg The trench periscope is either a) non stop points/squadwipecity
b)
http://i.imgur.com/DvfTbGr.gifv
Wait, you can zoom with the periscope?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
oh haha no I just really wanted you guys to understand what sort of act he was committing upon his fellow man

Someone give that dude a medal for bravery under fire

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

There's even a little factoid that states most battle casualties were from artillery, not guns. They should add a *but in this game, unless you score a direct hit with said artillery, or cause a roof to collapse, probably nobody will notice.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/DearestAgitatedCattle
War crimes #onlyinbattlefield

https://gfycat.com/HardtofindForkedAmurminnow
It's cool when pubbies don't notice when you charge one of their squadmates.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Can't stop watchin that horse

Moochewmoo posted:

Trench plane best plane. You can get on top of bombers and poo poo and just rip them apart with the shotgun thing it has.

:worship:

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Any tips on how to fly planes and be good at it? The controls seem more Battlefront than they do Battlefield and it's throwing me off.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Yeah it's turning that's getting to me a lot so far it seems since i'll slow down to take the turn and then by the time i i've turned back around i've stalled out and gotten myself and my unfortunate co-pilots killed :v:

I guess it was to much time in the Jets in 4 that made me think that the controls should be more responsive but with Biplanes you can't really have that can you?

Wait what SWBF controls are like the complete opposite

And dogfighting with anti-grav is almost 100% different

Anyway you gotta start with the fighter first period. then work up to attack plane, bomber, and then skytank and finally shart fighter

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I switched my ailerons and pitch to left stick and made the right stick throttle/rudder.

Also use inverted because that's how you fly aircraft.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I'll need to become your understudy beastie because flying isn't clicking for me yet. I've got a feeling it'll be easy kills once it does but for now it's just frustrating

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/CreepyTheseHyrax
Thanks for watching my back Red. (You should share your party audio. I would have uploaded the clip just for "You're welcome Snacks." :clint:)

https://gfycat.com/PerfectHopefulIcterinewarbler
:dice:

FastestGunAlive posted:

I'll need to become your understudy beastie because flying isn't clicking for me yet. I've got a feeling it'll be easy kills once it does but for now it's just frustrating

DICE really needs to bring back the test range. I tried playing with the control schemes in the campaign missions since my first time flying was a nightmare and I still don't feel super comfortable with it.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I hope they eventually add some basic ribbons to the game, just on the off chance that extra points for doing heals / revives / resupplies in a round might actually get dumbass pubbies to support their teammates once in a while. Finding a good squad just makes the game infinitely more fun.

That or bring back the system where you can go up to a medic or support player and press a button to get aid. Or do both, and make it so they only get points if they actually toss them to a teammate. Gotta slowly condition people over time to not play like selfish pricks.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Auxiliary Treats posted:

https://gfycat.com/CreepyTheseHyrax
Thanks for watching my back Red. (You should share your party audio. I would have uploaded the clip just for "You're welcome Snacks." :clint:)

I have no idea how to do that.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I hope they eventually add some basic ribbons to the game, just on the off chance that extra points for doing heals / revives / resupplies in a round might actually get dumbass pubbies to support their teammates once in a while. Finding a good squad just makes the game infinitely more fun.

That or bring back the system where you can go up to a medic or support player and press a button to get aid. Or do both, and make it so they only get points if they actually toss them to a teammate. Gotta slowly condition people over time to not play like selfish pricks.

Yeah, all the assignments from BF4 were tedious but at least forced you to try different things. And taking ammo/health from mans by force was amazing in the beta, I wish they kept that, or having to call for a revive before getting one.

Also for everyone struggling with "get X kills in a life" medals, if you die but get revived your X/5 count doesn't reset, so get a medical friend to keep you alive.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Well the servers are currently inaccessible so I'm sad.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Biplane posted:

Having a good time with the support lmg thats a box fed, 200 round mag beast. Its a laser when prone and you can even equip a scope and toggle to single shot mode.

Which gun is this?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

mellowjournalism posted:

Can't stop watchin that horse

:worship:

Wait what SWBF controls are like the complete opposite

And dogfighting with anti-grav is almost 100% different

Anyway you gotta start with the fighter first period. then work up to attack plane, bomber, and then skytank and finally shart fighter

i don't mean that like the planes control like the ships in star wars, but more to that they put the acceleration on the sticks instead of the triggers and having the triggers shoot instead of the shoulder buttons.

With all that said i feel like i'm starting to get the hang of it a lot more. At least until some rear end in a top hat in an AA gun across the map kills me with almost nothing i can do to stop it.

Which also makes me feel bad because ive been doing the same thing trying to get these stupid vehicle kills for the medal...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Man, 5 kills in a life as Assault is by far the hardest of the classes. They are just so useless outside of very close range, and most of the maps are so open that you can't consistently close distance without getting pinged by some random sniper or medic just outside of your effective range. Anyone have any tips for this one? The other classes haven't been that bad at all so far.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Man, 5 kills in a life as Assault is by far the hardest of the classes. They are just so useless outside of very close range, and most of the maps are so open that you can't consistently close distance without getting pinged by some random sniper or medic just outside of your effective range. Anyone have any tips for this one? The other classes haven't been that bad at all so far.

I haven't had trouble consistently topping or near topping the scoreboard as an Assault. The 10-A Hunter (and the hellfighter gun, if you have it) are legit amazing, but you definitely depend to a degree on having squadmates who are getting stuck in to the fight on points, otherwise you have to be real careful crossing open ground to get to the close quarters fighting where you dominate. In terms of general tips, your anti-tank grenades work almost as well as frags, so don't be afraid to use them. The rocket gun, similarly, is excellent for nuking dug in wookies and people hiding in buildings. As for shotgunning, you just have to learn the tempo of it I guess? Always try to come at people from the side, learn to duck quickly in and out of doorways, etc.

I started out as medic but it's hard to go back after the rush of just murdering entire squads trying to take a point.

e; also even if you're spotted out in the open, many pubby medics and supports have a strange brain disease that will drive them to get way too close to you if you just hide behind a rock for a few seconds

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah, I do really well with a shotgun assault, I just can't quite get that many kills in a single life. I get to 3 or 4 every time and without fail I get killed by some random grenade or some sniper on a roof that I didn't see, and there's never a medic anywhere near. I guess I'll just keep and cross my fingers that things align for me at some point.

The only other medal I have left right now is the stationary weapons one, and getting 10 kills in a round with stationary weapons sounds extremely tedious. Probably not too hard if I just sit on an AA gun all round but ugh. Unless mortars count? Guessing no.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Lay 3 mines and take out a full tank, that's 6. If you're having trouble with nuking a suitably full vehicle, try shelling a Wookie compound or manning a heavy machine gun. There's one near C on (French village - can't remember the map name) with a pretty clear line to where everyone runs up the hill to the house outside B. Though that works better for suppression assists.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Now the app and the website think I'm someone on PC with the same name as my PSN. After logging in a bunch of times. How can this thing be so bad?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
are there limits to the number of times you can be revived in one life?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

sunday at work posted:

Now the app and the website think I'm someone on PC with the same name as my PSN. After logging in a bunch of times. How can this thing be so bad?

Go into the settings at the top right of the app and you can change the profile.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

are there limits to the number of times you can be revived in one life?

I don't think so, just as long as you don't die too quickly after the revive. Not really sure what the timer is for being revivable again.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Man, 5 kills in a life as Assault

If you're on ps4 im gonna join the community party right now and we can medic you through it, I swear they silent patched multi-revives in but I could be crazy

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

i don't mean that like the planes control like the ships in star wars, but more to that they put the acceleration on the sticks instead of the triggers and having the triggers shoot instead of the shoulder buttons.

With all that said i feel like i'm starting to get the hang of it a lot more. At least until some rear end in a top hat in an AA gun across the map kills me with almost nothing i can do to stop it.

Which also makes me feel bad because ive been doing the same thing trying to get these stupid vehicle kills for the medal...

Isn't it closer to BF4 than SW? Either way if you want throttle up and down on triggers just set Air Vehicle Buttons to veteran

AA can be real tough if they're good but it does have a max range you can potentially get out of by using terrain or flying above them into the sun

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any update on the headphones easter egg?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

RCarr posted:

Any update on the headphones easter egg?

The what?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's a set of headphones on every map that give out some morse code signal when listened to. It's some extensive easter egg like the crazy one they had in BF4. Just wondering what's been discovered so far.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

There are a few paintings in some of the bunkers in the forest map that have some sort of cypher on them.

Judging by the stuff from previous games, this won't be one solved for a few months.

Remember how long it took people to uncover all the stuff in Bf4? The shark, the trex, the secret skin?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nash posted:

Which gun is this?

Mg15 suppressive.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Hardcore is coming, as is a new mode that adds "fog of war." A couple of changes to Suez, and a week long Battleweek with special Battlepacks for our Battleboners

https://www.battlefield.com/news/ar...s=1478191172677

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Has anyone else used the ps4 accessibility feature to swap R1 and triangle, so you can switch weapons more easily?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I really don't like Argonne Forest. It's like a worse operation locker.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

I really don't like Argonne Forest. It's like a worse operation locker.

It's my favorite map. Operation locker literally had three hallway sized choke points, which were the ONLY ways to cross the midpoint of the map. This map is nothing like that.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Just got loving dominated on ballroom blitz. The other team held nearly every point with only 2-3 guys defending each one. Just complete disorganization on our team and nobody even trying to make a concentrated attempt to at least take back one point.
I'm finding it really hard to play anything other than assault, because whenever I try another class, someone in a tank inevitably steamrolls all opposition and capture points. Playing scout it's like "I spotted a tank!" then run the other direction because you're hosed if he spots you back. Support I find I die to sniper fire far too frequently to be useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Take the BAR trench or Benet Mercie Storm (or even the MG15) and play it run and gun, never go prone, just tear around resupplying and murdering people like you're using an assault rifle. Support didn't click at with me until I stopped using all the telescopic / bipod weapons, because sitting completely still to fire is going to get you domed every drat time.

Suppressing fire doesn't do poo poo in this game so it's really not even worth trying to play it that way. MG15 has a huge mag and is really pretty drat accurate when standing and ADSing so if you want to play with a high-capacity LMG that's the way to go.