Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
3 separate polls released today have Clinton up in Florida. The most recent one that has her down is from a new pollster called Remmington which is officially affiliated with the GOP and run by Ted Cruz's campaign manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

freebooter posted:

Isn't it, though? i.e:

Like, similarly, I've always assumed I enjoy a high standard of living because my TV and my t-shirts and my car and literally everything else is manufactured in China/India/Bangladesh by workers earning $1 a day or whatever. Which makes me uncomfortable, but if you asked me if I could wave a wand and pay much much more money for domestically manufactured goods, I would stare at my feet and mutter "no."
Consider that our prosperous decades in the mid 20th century had all those things being made domestically and yet the standard of living / real wages was better in the aggregate. (Well, if your skin was the right color, etc)

Also economies can be net positive, net negative, or zero sum, but generally is net positive due to growth seen in virtually every dimension of the world economy.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

canepazzo posted:

What does your heart tell you.

Maybe the managers very well know this, and they're trying to donate their company's money to their candidate in the guise of a business deal. Any losses that the business incurs are attributed to bad decision-making.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Kind of. I look at wealth redistribution as similar to any other resource: the entire world can't live as well as Americans do, and to try to accommodate them means Americans will have to make do with less. I am completely down with hoarding our nation's good things to build the best society we can and being FYGM to the rest of the world outside our borders.

I'm not against any and all immigration, but undocumented immigration is almost always poor and uneducated and is going to cost our own poor in lowering the standard share of benefits for them before it harms the wealthy.

*posts on machine made with conflict minerals while wearing MAGA hat with "Made in China" tag and no hint of irony*

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Sadly at this point it's only preaching to the choir. Trump supporters or so called "undecideds" are hardly going to be swayed by this.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

St. Dogbert posted:

Well... That's one of the possibilities, sure.

It was quieter and I was happier in my stupid rear end in a top hat nonvoter bubble, I know that much

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Agrajag posted:

Sadly at this point it's only preaching to the choir. Trump supporters or so called "undecideds" are hardly going to be swayed by this.

The purpose of ads usually isn't to change minds, it's to motivate people on your side to vote

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

He doesn't bother posting a picture when the perp's a peckerwood.

Isdgi

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

volts5000 posted:

https://tinyurl.com/Bloom-announced-the-press-conf

Video from Bloom's press conference. That seems like a lot of trouble to go through. Inviting all that press, setting up a microphone bank, etc. Does anybody have a good, solid explanation why this press conference wasn't even mentioned by CNN, MSNBC, etc? It's like they were going out of their way to pretend it wasn't happening. It was bizarre!

There's still a lot of uncertainty surrounding this case, and it's a lot easier to report on it after more facts are known. If you run with a press conference accusing a presidential candidate of being a rapist, and that turns out not to be true, you're gonna get ruined by lawyers and people no longer willing to trust you.

It's lovely, especially because those channels regularly entertain assholes for Trump who say things that are proven wrong, rather than just uncertain, but everyone steps very, very carefully around accusations of rape. Murder? Rigging elections? who gives a gently caress

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Agrajag posted:

Preaching the choir is how we win the election.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

RuanGacho posted:

I saw the DNC and I don't see it putting an end to the fear.

Rewatch it then, you appear to have amnesia.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

freebooter posted:

Like, similarly, I've always assumed I enjoy a high standard of living because my TV and my t-shirts and my car and literally everything else is manufactured in China/India/Bangladesh by workers earning $1 a day or whatever. Which makes me uncomfortable, but if you asked me if I could wave a wand and pay much much more money for domestically manufactured goods, I would stare at my feet and mutter "no."

Welcome to the Republican party.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Trump only tweets a picture when the perp is a poc.

computer parts posted:

Rewatch it then, you appear to have amnesia.

No I mean quite literally I don't see the change. I don't need to research it because it's obvious it hasn't caused a significant cultural shift with those who need it.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/793891252928258049

Good to hear the GOP is officially becoming the Openly White Nationalist Party instead of the Dog-whistle White Nationalist one it's been for decades.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

but remember you're supposed to empathize with the Trumpies

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Story 1: Black Shooter Kills Police Officer

vs.

Story 2: Shooter Kills Police Officer

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Agrajag posted:

Joining the chorus that they're not the target. If you don't really love Hillary, but this gets you pissed off enough to vote against Trump, it's done its job.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Preaching the choir is how we win the election.

Much like Trump, you have to keep scratching a line into the sand, edging them further and further into that unelectable precipice until the old white electorate falls off a cliff and dies doubling down into their grave. They pride themselves on being the complete opposite of liberals, so you make it so everyone else is liberal by default until its just the last boomer that isn't.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Bhaal posted:

Story 1: Black Shooter Kills Police Officer

vs.

Story 2: Shooter Kills Police Officer

If it was a steady pattern of posts that did that, then yeah that's hosed up, but I don't think two posts constitutes a pattern

I mean that difference is so subtle that you could really just chalk it up to "he decided to post a picture that one time"

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Honestly MattD if you want to get plat we can talk about this in PMs. I'd rather you be a non-racist here than a racist somewhere else, so if that's achievable let's try.

Zero point since you lose all your account add ons when you get banned. Like he will the next time he comes in to gloat about another cop murdering a black kid.

Also you're a cool person TB, and a racist POS like that guy isn't worth your time.

rkajdi fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 3, 2016

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

Could someone link to the other guys forecasts that have showed up in this thread again? They are not in the op and I don't know what to google for. (I vaguely remember him being at MIT or princeton?)

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

3 separate polls released today have Clinton up in Florida. The most recent one that has her down is from a new pollster called Remmington which is officially affiliated with the GOP and run by Ted Cruz's campaign manager.

I see the CNN and Survey USA polls at 538. What's the third?

Seinna College and Marist College had Trump up before those two.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Agrajag posted:

Preaching to the choir is an important part of running for *anything* that a lot of people forget. You don't do it enough, and you lose people you had in the first place. All Clinton needs to do is hold. Do that and she wins and the Dems take the Senate.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

My Linux Rig posted:

If it was a steady pattern of posts that did that, then yeah that's hosed up, but I don't think two posts constitutes a pattern

I mean that difference is so subtle that you could really just chalk it up to "he decided to post a picture that one time"

You should read his twitter posts sometime.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

My Linux Rig posted:

I, too, have just awoken from a two-year long coma

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

My Linux Rig posted:

he has a pattern of behaviour that apparently you have not noticed

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

uncertainty posted:

Could someone link to the other guys forecasts that have showed up in this thread again? They are not in the op and I don't know what to google for. (I vaguely remember him being at MIT or princeton?)

On a phone but it's Sam Wang at Princeton. Website is the PEC.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

My Linux Rig posted:

It's not just him, but every time there's a high-profile shooting the right plays up the identity of the shooter when they're black or Muslim but doesn't pay attention to the culprit when they're white.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

uncertainty posted:

Sam Wang: http://election.princeton.edu/

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

My Linux Rig posted:

He literally has retweeted a Twitter named white genocide you jackass.

Also that Clinton ad makes me very sad. :smith:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So, Facebook just added its "get to know your ballot" app today

I discovered there is a dude running for State Senate in my district for the Green Party and is using a picture of Aragorn

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

If you got tired of state polls, here's a new national one:

https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/status/793951164597497856

quote:

BREAKING: Clinton leads Trump by 6 points, same margin as before FBI announced email review - Reuters/Ipsos poll

E: without fail, one of the comments will be from a deplorable lamenting their "sampling D+8" skewing the poll and bla bla bla. Why's it always +8, never +7 or +18, always +8? Is it a Billmitchellism?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

RuanGacho posted:

No I mean quite literally I don't see the change. I don't need to research it because it's obvious it hasn't caused a significant cultural shift with those who need it.

Who needs it, in your opinion?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

aas Bandit posted:

I think this is probably relevant to the thread.

It's really, really entertaining and loving amazingly well done, and does a nice job of ripping the gently caress out of liberals as well as Trump and the right (and it's free to watch/listen!).
It's about 2 hours long, so I suggest putting it on a second monitor while you're doing whatever.

[url="https:///blogs/browbeat/2016/11/01/mike_daisey_s_monologue_the_trump_card_live_from_new_york_city.html"][/url]

Is it worth the time to pay attention to Mike Daisy? For all I know the recent stuff he's put out has been fine, but I remember him mostly for his Foxconn story years ago where he fabricated a bunch of the details. Making up quotes about how the factory workers thought cell phones were powered by magic makes me hesitant to watch anything he creates.

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

isk posted:

On a phone but it's Sam Wang at Princeton. Website is the PEC.

Thanks!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/793951284449509376

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

My Linux Rig posted:

trump tweeted a phony graphic about how most whites are murdered by blacks (the vast majority of whites are killed by other whites).

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

canepazzo posted:

E: without fail, one of the comments will be from a deplorable lamenting their "sampling D+8" skewing the poll and bla bla bla. Why's it always +8, never +7 or +18, always +8? Is it a Billmitchellism?

It's not too hard to figure out why deplorables have an obsession with the number eight.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Ciaphas posted:

i want off this stupid loving ride now, please
:agreed:

I hope Trump has permanently torched his empire with this run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

trump tweeted a phony graphic about how most whites are murdered by blacks (the vast majority of whites are killed by other whites).
Can I see that one? I live and breathe for bad statistics.

• Locked thread