Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

canepazzo posted:

If you got tired of state polls, here's a new national one:

https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/status/793951164597497856

E: without fail, one of the comments will be from a deplorable lamenting their "sampling D+8" skewing the poll and bla bla bla. Why's it always +8, never +7 or +18, always +8? Is it a Billmitchellism?

That's up 1 from the +5 poll from the start of the week so it's totally back to pre-Comey. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Wow, according to the AP 31,665,811 people decided, like myself, not to vote next Tuesday.

Could impact the race.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So, Facebook just added its "get to know your ballot" app today

I discovered there is a dude running for State Senate in my district for the Green Party and is using a picture of Aragorn

I thought it would be Saruman, as he handles crystals and is The White.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Finally got around to voting! +1 for HRC in the hotly contested swing state of Oregon.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cingulate posted:

Can I see that one? I live and breathe for bad statistics.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/23/donald-trump/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

computer parts posted:

Who needs it, in your opinion?

People disenfranchised enough to vote for Trump, of which we know to exist in places like Ohio.

Joementum posted:

Wow, according to the AP 31,665,811 people decided, like myself, not to vote next Tuesday.

Could impact the race.

Very subtle Joe.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Joementum posted:

Could impact the race.

The fact you're highly regarded in DnD continues to baffle me.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the average voter.txt

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

fade5 posted:

:agreed:

I hope Trump has permanently torched his empire with this run.

A simple name change of his brand, a slight price drop for his hotels/gold courses, and people will forget. Oh, and America still loves his angel Ivanka (just as deplorable as the Cheeto in reality). In other words burn it all down.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cingulate posted:

Can I see that one? I live and breathe for bad statistics.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/668520614697820160

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Joementum posted:

Could impact the race.
go out and vote you dummy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
it seems we had the police killer in iowa all wrong.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/793951968368562176

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Agrajag posted:

a simple name change of his brand, a slight price drop for his hotels/gold courses, and people will forget. Oh, and America still loves his angel Ivanka (just as deplorable as the Cheeto in reality)

Unless he keeps going with Trump radio and contests the decision and the republicans for failing him. He's always egotistical enough to just keep going.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Joementum posted:

Could impact the race.
I would suggest that you do vote, and that it be for Hillary.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's up 1 from the +5 poll from the start of the week so it's totally back to pre-Comey. Nice.

3 day rolling, ending in:

oct 28 41-38
oct 29 43-37
oct 30 44-37
oct 31 44-37
nov 01 45-37

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll never tire of Ted Cruz phone banking for tRump.
https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/793937427559829506
And neither will the press

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Augus posted:

go out and vote you dummy

the joke is those are the people who voted early

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

it seems we had the police killer in iowa all wrong.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/793951968368562176

And his mother? Hillary "Patricia" Rodham Clinton.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you. Wow, that's quite a ride.

Diggin' that it implies hispanic-on-white murder is basically nonexistant (assuming Trump doesn't file hispanic under white). It's the little things.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Please don't be Patricia Smith... :smith:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

iospace posted:

I'll never tire of Ted Cruz phone banking for tRump.
https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/793937427559829506
And neither will the press

I hope decades from now this is still the photo that is used whenever someone is talking about Ted Cruz (for whatever reason that might be)

Lemming posted:

poe's law is a helluva thing

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

quote:

Here's what scares me about this election. Other countries have gone down the path Killary wants to take us. I think of Germany in WWII. Thought police. Federal police force.

America saved the world then.

What if the country that is in peril is US??? Who saves us???? There is no one.

How do I even begin to respond to this? Poster is a 30 y/o vet.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
My first election since I moved here and it was so exciting to vote today. I wrote in Obama.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Oh...

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Lemming posted:

Joe being gone for so long means his jokes will be underappreciated.:sad:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Try to argue with him about how it was in fact mostly Russia and, to a lesser degree, the UK who stopped the Nazis!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I don't know why you're all dogpiling on Joementum for what is a pretty funny joke.

Edit: Beaten like Trump in the polls.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Just got the early voting done in MD :unsmith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Neo-Nazi plan to stop black people from voting in PA is to give out free 40s and weed in "the ghettos in Philly."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Don't bother.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Interesting definition of "best"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Luigi Thirty posted:

The Neo-Nazi plan to stop black people from voting in PA is to give out free 40s and weed in "the ghettos in Philly."
It's what Reagan would've wanted

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Remind him that only one of the candidates has talked about censoring the press, and it's not Hillary.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The thing that pisses me off the most in this picture are that the "whites killed by whites" and "whites killed by blacks" rates are almost exactly the opposite.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/793923924321067008

they make good points about why you should vote trump white people.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think we should gather a group of early voters to go relieve them of their booze and weed.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Is it worth the time to pay attention to Mike Daisy? For all I know the recent stuff he's put out has been fine, but I remember him mostly for his Foxconn story years ago where he fabricated a bunch of the details. Making up quotes about how the factory workers thought cell phones were powered by magic makes me hesitant to watch anything he creates.

Well, this *is* a performance...as in, it's entertainment and a poor place to be looking for normal ol' staid fact and citation. That being said, everything in it is "real" (in the sense that it's derived from the published word (biographies, news stories, etc.) or news reports or similar stuff. None of it is purely fictionalized.

He chews on the scenery a lot, and relies on humorous exaggeration and ridiculous paraphrase, and really gets to some bedrock uncomfortable truths (especially re: complacency and people who should really care about things not even giving the tiniest high-pitched gently caress). I loved it. :shrug:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mr Hootington posted:

I can't wait till White people are only 49% of this country and no one is the majority and all minorities. Maybe then we can move forward.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/793954005743452161

Sure, go for it

Spend all your time there, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

implicit in the admission is their worry that they'll be treated as the country has treated minorities (due to them voting in shitheads constantly).

• Locked thread