Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/793954421935894532

Frank Luntz posted:

Just found out 1000s of Chicago fans are stranded @ OHare and Midway.

Why? Obama's in town and the airspace has been closed over Cleveland.

Obama is actually in Miami right now :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mel Mudkiper posted:

whoa who is this new challenger

gloria la riva

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

Look up Schnorkles posts in the C-SPAM Trump thread if you want a detailed breakdown. The short version is that Dems are doing well in NV, CO, and NC, and not so hot in OH and IA. FL initially looked very promising for the GOP, but the Dems have slowly been gaining ground over the last couple of days.

Not really somewhere I want to go.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gently caress YOU FRANK

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Stereotype posted:

We do not merely wish to destroy our enemies, we wish to change them.

I mean maybe they'll be okay animal feed or something if you mix some oats in.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Hawkline posted:

What's the dynamics of not having early voting? What's it like on election day in PA compared to other states?

I've voted in the Pittsburgh suburbs and in Pittsburgh proper. There's never any issues in the suburbs but a big part of Election Day campaign work in the city is maintaining discipline in the voting lines in the city - dissuading people when they want to leave, reporting inordinate lines to hire-ups. I only worked on the 2012 campaign but I seem to recall stories that the 08 lines were worse.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I know that's not true, but I would find it hilarious if by some miracle 1000s of Chicago fans were able to vote in Cleveland, and swung Ohio back to Hillary.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

In case anyone doesn't get why this is so disgusting: He's directly quoting a "A. Wyatt Mann" comic. Aka the well known racist comic artist.

Linked below in spoilers:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Rofl I know a conservative coworker who's traveling to Chicago to see the game wonder if I'll hear about that when he gets back

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

My Linux Rig posted:

Rofl I know a conservative coworker who's traveling to Chicago to see the game wonder if I'll hear about that when he gets back

He'll probably tell you "gently caress I went to the wrong city"

Grumblegrox
May 15, 2009
on 538 in the last couple of updates, 5 hillary-favoring national ipsos polls and one ppp poll of missourri favoring trump moved the needle 0.2 % toward hillary. then in the next update one poll out of missourri without even a very big sample size, favored trump but it isn't a surprise, and it dropped hillary's chances 1.4 %. Anyone understand what is going on here?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Not really somewhere I want to go.

It's basically this thread, but with less arzying and more drinking.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I'm not even American and I'm spending maybe 2-3 hours a day lurking here. Back in 2008 I even sent a donation (50 euros!) to Obama's campaign through a friend of mine living in NY because I liked the idea of helping a good politician. Not a perfect one, but a good one. Holy poo poo I hope Clinton wins by a landslide.

Thanks for all the comedy and the good information guys, the thread is unironically a good resource to follow the pre-election polls and everything related. Even with the occasional racism and terrible posts. :)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

The FAA has a weather/thunderstorm delay in effect but whatever you hold to be truth becomes truth.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Grumblegrox posted:

on 538 in the last couple of updates, 5 hillary-favoring national ipsos polls and one ppp poll of missourri favoring trump moved the needle 0.2 % toward hillary. then in the next update one poll out of missourri without even a very big sample size, favored trump but it isn't a surprise, and it dropped hillary's chances 1.4 %. Anyone understand what is going on here?

The model assumes correlations among states, so if a Missouri poll comes out that favors Trump more heavily than previous ones did, the assumption is that other similar states are more likely to go Trump as well

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mel Mudkiper posted:

whoa who is this new challenger

In the list of distinctions that serves as her bio on her campaign website, Gloria La Riva (PSL) lists her good relationship with Maduro and the PSUV higher than her work for immigrant rights and other civil rights within the US itself, and second only to her relationship with Cuba.

That says a lot about what she values (and it's not civil rights in the US... Or Venezuela for that matter.).

Oh, and that's before you start looking at her tankie-like reflexive affection for Russia on Twitter.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

That's definitely illegal my friend

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Grumblegrox posted:

538's model accounts for a lot of uncertainty. Hillary's ahead enough that good results for her don't change it much but good results for Trump have a big effect.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Republicans are literally the population of Fahrenheit 451.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Holy poo poo this thread is barely 2 days old and more than 120 pages already. Did something big happen or is that just the speed this thing moves at?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Axetrain posted:

Holy poo poo this thread is barely 2 days old and more than 120 pages already. Did something big happen or is that just the speed this thing moves at?

We're less than a week out from a presidential election, this is just the speed things move at.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Axetrain posted:

We are all anxious and need a place to vent. We will be :derp: and :siren: ing all the way til tuesday.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Stereotype posted:

If you hide your ignorance, no one will ever hit you, and you'll never learn.

On the other hand, not getting hit is nice

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Axetrain posted:

We have to get to 88 posts per minute if we're ever going to see our innocence again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Axetrain posted:

the big thing happening is that we're going to have a new president in less than a week

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Axetrain posted:

The election threads are a repudiation of the forum format in much the same way that the current election is a repudiation of a civilized democracy.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

GalacticAcid posted:

That's definitely illegal my friend

Though interestingly only his friend broke the law. Not the recipient party nor him himself.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Axetrain posted:

I shitpost to distract myself from mounting stress and fear, and this thread gives me things to direct my otherwise unbinded worries at (see above tweet about white people fearing becoming minorities)

Suspect I'm one of the few who shitpost and clog this thread up for that reason, but there ya go

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Ganon posted:

VA is going to worry me until it's over, PPP had Warner +9 right before the election and he won by less than 1

I'm not too concerned about Virginia. In addition to Democratic strength in NoVA, and favorable demographics, I expect VA will have the highest percentage of Republicans crossing over to vote Hillary.

Trump heading to VA is a head fake because they are desperate. The only scenario where Trump wins VA is one where he wins every swing state, flips MI and WI, and is already on his way to a landslide victory.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Axetrain posted:

Welcome to USPol, where the polls are made-up and the votes don't matter

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/793963762164215808

You'd think the media would be a teensy bit more concerned about this kind of stuff, but hey, emails emails emails

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

the big thing happening is that we're going to have a new president in less than a week

President elect in less then a week. A few months before swear in.

:goonsay:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Kawabata posted:

I'm not even American and I'm spending maybe 2-3 hours a day lurking here.

I've always found it fascinating the amount of interest our elections get outside the US. Is it because the amount of power the US has or are our elections just more interesting?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Stereotype posted:

Though interestingly only his friend broke the law. Not the recipient party nor him himself.

Ahh thanks, wasn't actually sure where the burden of guilt lay.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

DaveWoo posted:

You'd think the media would be a teensy bit more concerned about this kind of stuff, but hey, emails emails emails

Some weirdos are even using Lügenpresse as a slur :godwinning:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

Short sighted corporate profit motive strikes again!

Anybody else see the Daily Show where they imagined what the show might look like after 4 years of a Trump presidency? A little ham-fisted but still pretty drat funny.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Stereotype posted:

will the FBI twitter about him

Yaws posted:

I've always found it fascinating the amount of interest our elections get outside the US. Is it because the amount of power the US has or are our elections just more interesting?

Both.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He'll probably tell you "gently caress I went to the wrong city"

You know what I meant

Yaws posted:

Both, probably. I mean if I was living outside this poo poo, it'd make for an interesting watch

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Yaws posted:

Trump having the launch codes is a concern we all share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Yaws posted:

You people really know how to put on a spectacle, I'm pretty sure that's 90% of it. I find UK pol to be more interesting personally, but US elections just have so much drama.

• Locked thread