Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

is there an active WOFF thread or is it all happening in here? I didn't see one when I looked through the topic list

Nah. I was tempted to make one but it seems like there isn't enough activity to really justify it and anyone who really cares is posting in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
besides WOFF talk will get superseded by FF15 talk when that gets released a year from now

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
uh,. you mean two years from now

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
:colbert:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well the roadtrip gimmick didnt take my amazon code, unless it did because it freaked out the first time i tried to register my email, and the game is the dumbest poo poo i seen in a while. I give it 4.5/5

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The dungeon itself is a Tactics Ogre reference as well, it would've been odd for the boss to be anyone else.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Stop loving teasing me and just make a new Ogre Battle, Square :argh:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

well the roadtrip gimmick didnt take my amazon code, unless it did because it freaked out the first time i tried to register my email, and the game is the dumbest poo poo i seen in a while. I give it 4.5/5

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5ajc7w/amazon_roadtrip_fix/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thanks, they actually emailed me a new one out of the blue so who knows

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure you can. I think you can even keep them if you die after imprisiming them but I never checked.

I dunno about the normal game, but I got jumped by Ifrit and Shiva in the coliseum, captured Ifrit, but got owned by Shiva because I had bad stacks. Didn't get to keep Ifrit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I went into the Nebula secret area last night after the Ice Lake and in less than an hour I gained like ten levels :stare: I have a feeling that the game is about to get a lot easier as a result and I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing. I do like how the EXP per level is set in a way that makes it easier for new (or old that have been in a box) Mirages to catch up, though.

Also I only got one of the guys I didn't have :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm the only one hyped for Final Fantasy Dimensions 2 aren't I? Well whatever gonna grind the poo poo out of my FFV Part 3.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Barudak posted:

I'm the only one hyped for Final Fantasy Dimensions 2 aren't I? Well whatever gonna grind the poo poo out of my FFV Part 3.

I was just laughing because I didn't know they were called Final Fantasy Legend in Japan.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I was just laughing because I didn't know they were called Final Fantasy Legend in Japan.

Get hype for an even more confusing renaming scheme than the renumbering that happened with ffvii

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

FFV Part 2 and 3 are already out though, they're called Bravely Default/Second.

I'd play Dimensions 2 if it came out though. The first one was a mediocre game with one overly obnoxious cast member but was still a serviceable job-based game which means I'll play it.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
World of Final Fantasy has been worth it just for the canon pronunciations of Quistis and Nibelheim.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is it not keestiss

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Is it not keestiss

I didn't get a perfect listen because I wasn't expecting it, but I'm pretty sure they said "Kwiss-tiss"

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

morallyobjected posted:

is there an active WOFF thread or is it all happening in here? I didn't see one when I looked through the topic list

It sucks how much the final fantasy name is getting over saturated, there is good games coming out but no one even makes a thread about them because there is like 6 "final fantasy" games out this year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It sucks how much the final fantasy name is getting over saturated, there is good games coming out but no one even makes a thread about them because there is like 6 "final fantasy" games out this year.

Is this some deep level sarcasm, because almost every FF game recently has their own thread. No one's stopping you from making a thread.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
FFExplorers got its own thread and it almost had a dozen different people post in it! Be the change you want to see.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Literally the only reason I didn't write a WoFF thread is because I had played the game before release and didn't feel comfortable enough writing an OP that wasn't too influenced by that, and once the game was out there were only like 4 people in the thread posting about it so I assumed there just wasn't much interest. v:shobon:v

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Are there enough Arma Gems to do all the interventions and buy all the champion medals or should I start rationing them?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Are there enough Arma Gems to do all the interventions and buy all the champion medals or should I start rationing them?

There are far more than enough.

Once you do every intervention and buy all the champions a new shop opens up that lets you spend Arma Gems to buy rare items.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Literally the only reason I didn't write a WoFF thread is because I had played the game before release and didn't feel comfortable enough writing an OP that wasn't too influenced by that, and once the game was out there were only like 4 people in the thread posting about it so I assumed there just wasn't much interest. v:shobon:v

You say that but as a person who plays games slow I've been having to dodge a ton of spoilers and just general things from the game because it's come up a billion times in this thread and I'm maybe 5 hours in.

Not that that's meant to be a complaint against the thread since it IS the drat final fantasy thread but you're underplaying how many posts about WoFF there have been. Make the thread ImpAtom!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Alright I'm starting to get very interested in Brave Exvius because the sprite work looks great and reminds me of games made by Atlus, and also because I like the idea of two bros just going about their adventures saving the president and crystal women and stuff. What's Brave Exvius like, and is it worth picking up?

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I tried it. It dumped a million items with no description on me, then wanted me to spam strangers to get Gil.

I was not a fan.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The story itself is okay and the spritework is great, but the gacha and grinding systems are really bad.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

FFRK is the only free-to-play game I've played that's done right. Never felt a paywall at all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I've tried really hard to hit a wall with Mobius, they give you so many drat full stamina refills. I got like....50 at this point.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Brave Exvius seems to be really stingy with its currency. Like, really really stingy. Like, "you'll only ever get like three 11-pulls total from free currency" stingy.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I quit Exvius after a week because the free currency was insanely stingy and the pull rates for good characters are really low.

Record Keeper is my choice of trash FF nostalgia mobage, it's cute and the battle mechanics are really solid and you can do great as a fully F2P player as long as you strategize your pulls a bit and don't just pull on whatever.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Does Record Keeper have a story? Is it a traditional turn based RPG?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

It's the same as old-school Odin. He's on a time limit, so you have to finish him as fast as possible. Remember he takes 200% damage from Lightning. (The, uh, element, not the character.)

Yes but can I recruit a Seifer funcopop figure and one-shot Odin with him

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

RK has an extremely minimal story that does not exist past the tutorial, basically. It's...I'd call it a team-building RPG? It's traditional turn based combat but you can only bring two abilities per character (plus their limit break) into battle, and what you can give them depends on their skill level. Ex. Garnet has white magic 4* and summoning 5*, so she could use 4* curaja but not 5* holy, and she can use any summon in the game.

It's completely mindless autobattle in the story dungeons, but there are weekly events with kind of nasty superbosses that I find really fun and challenging, and they don't really need you to whale once you have a couple of necessary tools.

Characters are extremely easy to get, the gacha is for equipment that teaches them limit breaks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

At the start you may be short if you buy all the champions available. But towards the end you will have enough to do everything and buy all the champions with more than 10 to spare.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Characters are extremely easy to get, the gacha is for equipment that teaches them limit breaks.

Which is still great since you either get some stuff to make your favourite character stronger, and/or get a huge hit of nostalgia to boot.

Also none of the named characters are really bad, some are worse than others, but all are usable, unlike BE where characters like Cyan and Penelo are pretty much doomed.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Which is still great since you either get some stuff to make your favourite character stronger, and/or get a huge hit of nostalgia to boot.

Also none of the named characters are really bad, some are worse than others, but all are usable, unlike BE where characters like Cyan and Penelo are pretty much doomed.
It's mostly blue mages (Quistis, Kimahri, Strago, Quina, possibly Red XIII?) that get hosed over, because DeNA has been "thinking of adding blue magic" for YEARS now so they mostly end up as mediocre support attackers or worse mages than the dedicated black mages/summoners. Overall, though, you can use whoever you like, so long as you have a support or dancer and a healer in your team, which is nice.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like certain realms and characters get a bit shafted once you're far enough into the game to have things to pick from; the NES games for example get very few events, meaning characters from them can lag behind in some areas. I use Luneth from III in my A-Team for example (mostly due to poor gacha luck making him my only relic-bearing spellblader), and he's still lackluster because it's taking them so long to give him his record sphere.

Then there's the sad outlier of Ricard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gologle posted:

Does Record Keeper have a story? Is it a traditional turn based RPG?
You're a librarian and all your magic paintings (ie Final Fantasys) got hosed. Go into the paintings and fight poo poo along with the FF characters to fix it somehow? Not sure. It has literally been almost a year since I've seen plot. I started around last Christmas.