Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

joepinetree posted:

For the record, and once again. PEC and Drew Linzer (now at KOS) have better track records than Nate over the last few presidential elections.

It's difficult to evaluate investment funds until they've gone through both good and bad times, preferably with at least one crisis in the mix. It's easy to overoptimize for one environment, then do poorly when that environment changes.

It's not hard to point to multiple sea changes that Trump's candidacy has brought to this election. I mentioned the changes in the parties' voter outreach and GOTV strategies upthread; another is the potential decoupling of the top of the GOP ticket from the bottom.

Even if the models you cite were the most accurate in 2008 and 2012, it remains to be seen if they will be in 2016.

Also: SNYPE 4 HRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

:catstare: I'm in Manhattan right now and this is...pretty discomfiting!

For max cold war fun make sure you overlay the max strength Tsar Bomba, 100 megatons. Do an airburst a few hundred feet up.

It takes me half an hour to drive to my grandparents one state over. The tsar bomba dropped on their house would kill me 30 miles away.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Axetrain posted:

Holy poo poo this thread is barely 2 days old and more than 120 pages already. Did something big happen or is that just the speed this thing moves at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X48RiKQmFQ&t=77s

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The voices in his head are coming out to play :stare:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
David Duke is now chatting with some white supremacist radio host and just said "milquetoast cuckservative"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Here is video of Trump's crazy comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNMeKSJC9ao

they start at 24:00

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Here is video of Trump's crazy comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNMeKSJC9ao

At first I thought the classical music was from the rally and not the stream, and was thinking "holy poo poo Trump really is losing his loving mind if he thinks his supporters want to hear that."

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Texas Early Vote
http://www.sos.state.tx.us/Elections/earlyvoting/archive.shtml
2012 --- 3,407,497 votes through Nov 2nd out of 8,653,889 registered voters
2016 ---- 3,311,159 votes through Nov 1st out of 9,759,797 registered voters

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Hillarys lead is slipping day by day

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh, okay, he's just making a joke.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This rally is pretty cool. Tons of people and Gabby Giffords in on stage. She's got the whole crowd chanting "Gabby! Gabby!"

If you skipped this. You're a sucker.

Data is limited so I can't post pictures.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

xrunner posted:

Doctors and lawyers are both subject to mandatory reporter laws, fyi (It gets tricky with client privilege, and can be a minefield to navigate, but they definitely are subject to them).

But not in all cases (iirc: Defense Attorneys aren't expected to tell prosecutors if their client confesses their guilt?) which would be the same for priests. Someone saying "hey father I did X terrible thing" when they see them in church is not the same as going in to confession.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Gloria La Riva believes Hugo Chavez did no wrong because anti-imperialists can do no wrong by definition.

I'm guessing she's also too stupid to realize that Chavez would've gone full imperialist in a heartbeat if he thought he could've pulled it off. Like, there wasn't much good or noble about Chavez. He was a legit awful monster of a person and people defended his actions because AMERIKKKA BAD.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

This election is tearing this forum apart

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

St. John Coltrane posted:

This election is tearing this forum apart

Post a map that proves this and toxx.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

GalacticAcid posted:

George W Bush lost Connecticut twice :v:

tbf it's hard to find those smaller states on the map in Where in the U.S.A. is Carmen Sandiego.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Hahaha holy poo poo i'm streaming HRC's speech in Tempe and had to close the comments because they're basically all KILLARY! LOCK HER UP! and its gross. And basically every little reaction emoji across the bottom is an angry face. If thats any indication you guys, I think Trump may have this one in the bag.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I've never been anxious about a election result till now. I'm having a bit of a crisis that this is actually happening, wtf.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Iron Lung posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo i'm streaming HRC's speech in Tempe and had to close the comments because they're basically all KILLARY! LOCK HER UP! and its gross. And basically every little reaction emoji across the bottom is an angry face. If thats any indication you guys, I think Trump may have this one in the bag.

That's X amount of Trump people not doing anything productive GOTV-wise

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why is there only one single person sitting in the audience

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

But not in all cases (iirc: Defense Attorneys aren't expected to tell prosecutors if their client confesses their guilt?) which would be the same for priests. Someone saying "hey father I did X terrible thing" when they see them in church is not the same as going in to confession.

At least for attorneys the broad rule of thumb is you have a duty to break confidentiality when your client is about to seriously harm or kill someone and he tells you about it. Most states include serious financial harm too.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
What happened with the press conference with the victim?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Pastrymancy posted:

That's X amount of Trump people not doing anything productive GOTV-wise ever

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

blue squares posted:

The university chose to have the debate in an empty auditorium because Duke was there.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Pastrymancy posted:

That's X amount of Trump people not doing anything productive GOTV-wise

Arzy's until next week (i'm kidding). Gabby Giffords just spoke and she is just amazing.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Spaced God posted:

So, do you think the team of Special Agents who have to visit people who threaten the President/candidates are gonna get a super big Christmas bonus this year?

Due to the high workload, over one third of Secret Service agents have hit their salary maximum and are now being required to work unpaid overtime.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

disjoe posted:

At least for attorneys the broad rule of thumb is you have a duty to break confidentiality when your client is about to seriously harm or kill someone and he tells you about it. Most states include serious financial harm too.

In a lot of states, it's discretionary and not mandatory. The ABA Model Rules say that a lawyer "may" break confidentiality in those circumstances

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/MajorCBS/status/793954005743452161

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

blue squares posted:

Because the meeeeeeeeeedia.

Denzer
May 15, 2009
Almost All Last-Minute Bets Are for Trump, Paddy Power Says

quote:

In the betting markets at least, Donald Trump is crushing Hillary Clinton.

So far this week, the Republican candidate has outshone his rival in terms of both the number and volume of wagers, according to figures revealed yesterday by Ireland’s largest bookmaker, Paddy Power Betfair Plc. Just shy of 100,000 euros ($111,000) in bets came in, with 91 percent of them for Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

Texas Early Vote
http://www.sos.state.tx.us/Elections/earlyvoting/archive.shtml
2012 --- 3,407,497 votes through Nov 2nd out of 8,653,889 registered voters
2016 ---- 3,311,159 votes through Nov 1st out of 9,759,797 registered voters

I should note that those are 2012's totals.

2016 has three more days of early voting to go.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

That Hillary ad that just aired during the World Series is new right? Holy poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Gail Wynand posted:

That Hillary ad that just aired during the World Series is new right? Holy poo poo.

Which one?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

How do you run a book where you don't balance the money?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Nevvy Z posted:

What happened with the press conference with the victim?

She decided not to go public after receiving numerous death threats from deplorables.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

The "grab em by the pussy" one ominously zooming in on the miss teen USA dressing room door.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Thats because Trump has longer odds but the media is portraying it as a coinflip so they think Paddy's lines are exploiyable.

Paddy's lines are not wrong.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Iron Lung posted:

That's only indicative of people who comment on YouTube videos. Lord knows they don't count for much.

The one that's just Trump's comments on women, in his own words. It's kind of amazing how much better her ads are.

Ganon
May 24, 2003
Bret Baier: FBI Sources Believe Clinton Foundation Case Moving Towards "Likely an Indictment"

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Wait, I thought the Clinton Foundation case was well and truly closed?

And in any case gently caress the FBI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

yeah, ok bret

I hope Shep Smith gives him a big ol' noogie whenever they see each other.

• Locked thread