Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

nerdman42 posted:

Wait, I thought it was still the Hub.

That channel does change a lot dang.

Hasbro bought half of Discovery Kids, and Discovery seemed to have just dumped it on them and run off to start the Oprah Winfrey Network. Then Hasbro ran it for about five years, realized they weren't going to make it onto basic cable, and sold it back to Discovery, who turned it into Discovery Family Channel, or as I think of it, "YouTube Cat Videos: Premium Cable Edition."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just caught the last Murphy's Law. Love the Opera - Of course the gangster story that they parody would be The Sopranos

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Hasbro bought half of Discovery Kids, and Discovery seemed to have just dumped it on them and run off to start the Oprah Winfrey Network. Then Hasbro ran it for about five years, realized they weren't going to make it onto basic cable, and sold it back to Discovery, who turned it into Discovery Family Channel, or as I think of it, "YouTube Cat Videos: Premium Cable Edition."

It was on basic cable on my cable lineup.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Apparently that new Spyro/Skylanders cartoon is now up on Netflix

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

raditts posted:

It was on basic cable on my cable lineup.
Huh. On Cox, if you wanted it in HD, you had to buy the highest possible tier of family plan service. That and HD baseball were the only channels at that level.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

drrockso20 posted:

Oh hey there's an episode guest staring Crash.

Oh no they gave him a voice with a bad accent.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Did you feel like Crash being banished to Skylanders wasn't bad enough, and you had to torture yourself a little more?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Well don't keep me in suspense. How bad does that turd smell?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Whoa you mean Crash's voice isn't just a white guy with a megaphone like those old PS1 commercials?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

TwoPair posted:

Whoa you mean Crash's voice isn't just a white guy with a megaphone like those old PS1 commercials?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w47m7yEr1W4

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

readingatwork posted:

Well don't keep me in suspense. How bad does that turd smell?

Haven't watched it yet(minus some soundless but subtitled WEBM files over on /co/), but from what I've heard it sounds actually pretty decent overall, will give it a proper watch later

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm honestly not sure how else he'd sound. Australian seems about right and he sounds fine to me.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Speaking of Crash Bandicoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d5651XSuh0

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

New episodes of Clarence are coming in November, following the Summer of Steven and Regular Show in Space model of a new episode every weekday, so I guess this is just how CN's doing it now.
I was about to ask when Clarence was coming back. With Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and even Regular Show having story arcs, it's nice to see a cartoon that's just a bunch of standalone episodes. It's a lot like Bob's Burgers where every character is lovable in their own way (except for Belson, who's a dick). But no character is better than Chad.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

get that OUT of my face posted:

I was about to ask when Clarence was coming back. With Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and even Regular Show having story arcs, it's nice to see a cartoon that's just a bunch of standalone episodes. It's a lot like Bob's Burgers where every character is lovable in their own way (except for Belson, who's a dick). But no character is better than Chad.

Belson is great because he's the character that calls the other characters out on their poo poo. Basically the Squidward of the show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, and for an update, they're starting Tuesday at 5:30, presumably skipping All Hallow's Eve.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Cartoon Network's releasing potential pilots again.

Infinity Train: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY6kfVWv01k

Victor and Valentino: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkGPIPSHyUk

I think the second one could benefit from better pacing, but I would love to see Infinity Train get a miniseries

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
These both seem promising. If this is the future direction of Cartoon Network then I can dig it.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Infinity Train seems really cool, not sure about the other one though.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I really like Infinity Train too. It looked really interesting and creative.
Both of these felt more Gravity Falls than the Premieres usually do (usually they're more Regular Show/Adventure Time, twee ness)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Infinity Train seems like it has a good feel for its long-term story, which is neat, but I hope they calm down a little bit with the main character saying nothing but, "Ugh! Why don't I understand this mystery?! Explain things to me!"

Victor & Valentino seems like Latino Steven Universe, which is... okay? But I guess it depends on where they go from here. Also the one kid has an amazingly deep voice for a kid.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Infinity Train looks like it could be interesting but I'm worried it could veer a little too much into random territory with how every car can be literally any weird different thing. Like it would end up being too much silliness and not enough story. Which I mean I'm not saying is bad, it's just not something I myself would keep up with. The monster thing at the end though was cool and made me intrigued about what is happening. Also the dog jokes were funny, especially the part they are all jumping on her when they first meet her. I think the visuals would need a bit of an upgrade though if it gets out of pilot status. The girl's design feels kind of weak and the robot is literally just the robot from Hitchiker's Guide. Well half anyway. Anyway, Infinity Train has potential and I'd like to see it reach that potential.

Victor and Valentino looks... something. I dunno how i feel about it. The Day of the Dead stuff is always fun aesthetically though. I also just really wanted tacos after watching

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Pilots are (almost) always weirdly paced, especially when they have to set up the premise and act as an origin story. It's better IMO to have the pilot be what you plan a typical episode to be and show the origin later (like Infinity Train) than throw in the whole origin along with the premise at once (like Victor Valentino)

I'm hyped for the potential of both. I could be wrong but I believe there's a myth of hero twins adventuring into the underworld in Mayan mythology. I'm sure the plot will slow down in a good way once it gets into its first few episodes assuming it gets picked up.

Snowpiercer + Gravity Falls / Adventure Time = Infinity Train. I'm reasonably hyped. I hope it doesn't have a problem balancing the mystery with the whimsy like Adventure Time does.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MrSlam posted:

I could be wrong but I believe there's a myth of hero twins adventuring into the underworld in Mayan mythology.

Interesting, I never knew that. It would appear that Mic and Hun are named after Aztec and Mayan death gods, too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nthing that mystery train looks really good and I hope it gets picked up.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

MrSlam posted:

I'm hyped for the potential of both. I could be wrong but I believe there's a myth of hero twins adventuring into the underworld in Mayan mythology.

Well, less that and more that the gods of death are really good at sports and whoop their asses so hard as to kick them right back to the underworld on a regular basis. If I'm remembering this correctly.

Both of the cartoons look like they have potential, but Infinity Train is definitely looking like the better at the moment.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Can't say I'm really feeling either of them. Infinity Train might have some potential, but the main cast might be too small to really build up relationships. Haven't really seen a series using the old tried and true person wandering through new settings hoping to one day get home in a while. The humor never really evolved far beyond "Hey, dogs sure are dogs, aren't they?" so I'm not so sure how good that'll be. The thing at the end reminded me of The Prisoner, and the mystery could be neat, but I'm wary of series that leave mystery cues everywhere, they sometimes just don't have an answer.

V&V seemed to have even less meat to work with. Smaller main cast, and you're not supposed to do an origin story for a pilot, you're supposed to give like a sample episode so you give a flavor of what the show'll be like. Is there going to be some broader overarching plot? Is the whole thing supposed to be the half-brothers ducking into different day of the dead-themed pocket dimensions every episode? Are they just going to be everyday working schlubs doing minimum wage work for skeleton ghosts? The pilot just doesn't give a real idea of where it's supposed to go.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://deadline.com/2016/11/big-hero-6-maya-rudolph-jamie-chung-reprise-roles-disney-xd-animated-series-1201847587/

The majority of the Big Hero 6 cast will reprise their roles in the series coming to Disney XD next year, with Khary Payton (Cyborg) replacing Damon Wayans as Wasabi and Brooks Wheelan (a standup who was on SNL from 13-14) relacing TJ Miller as Fred.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
It'd be nice if we could have a break from nerds with noodle arms but that's a pipe dream for the foreseeable future. I guess we'll be stuck in "videogame the animation" purgatory for a while before we're getting something fresh.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I am gonna give that show a shot,at least. Aren't some of the Kim Possible guys working on it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley and Nick Filippi, who created Kim Possible, are exec producers, with Filippi as a supervising director.

Also, the article mentions its Oscar win and it still feels weird that BH6 won an Oscar. Like, I love the movie to death, but....man. I did come out of the end of that movie thinking "I'd love to see that as a series," so yeah, I'm definitely going to check this out.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I hope,if this does well, that Disney would make a series based on Zootopia. I can picture that being a fun show-a mix of police procedural and slice-of-life stuff could work.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope Big Hero 6 and Marvel's Spider-man are good, it'd be nice to have a good Marvel-based cartoon, it's been so long since Spectacular, EMH, W&tXM and Super Hero Squad :smith:

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

http://deadline.com/2016/11/big-hero-6-maya-rudolph-jamie-chung-reprise-roles-disney-xd-animated-series-1201847587/

The majority of the Big Hero 6 cast will reprise their roles in the series coming to Disney XD next year, with Khary Payton (Cyborg) replacing Damon Wayans as Wasabi and Brooks Wheelan (a standup who was on SNL from 13-14) relacing TJ Miller as Fred.
TJ could come back for Rider of Berk but not Big Hero 6? Really?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

2D or 3D? This is important since TV CG looks like rear end.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

X_Toad posted:

TJ could come back for Rider of Berk but not Big Hero 6? Really?

Back then his biggest role was a side character in Yogi Bear. Now his star has risen so high that he's the star of EmojiMovie: Express Yourself.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

readingatwork posted:

2D or 3D? This is important since TV CG looks like rear end.

2D! You can see a picture of the main cast in the article!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

I hope,if this does well, that Disney would make a series based on Zootopia. I can picture that being a fun show-a mix of police procedural and slice-of-life stuff could work.

I think they're making a comic book series of Zootopia.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

Yay! :dance:

nerdman42 posted:

Cartoon Network's releasing potential pilots again.

Infinity Train: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY6kfVWv01k

Victor and Valentino: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkGPIPSHyUk

I think the second one could benefit from better pacing, but I would love to see Infinity Train get a miniseries

Finally got a chance to watch these.

I'm down for either of these to get a full show honestly. IT is a decent setup and has some interesting world building while VandV has a fun art style and likeable characters. That said VandV needs to stop beating us over the head with the fact that the brothers are Mexican. I get that they want to make their ethnicity a central part of the show but saving the day with tacos was a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

Which is a pleasant surprise, I was totally expecting a boring low budget CG shitfest if BH6 ever got a TV series, like all the Dreamworks ones.