Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

GalacticAcid posted:

Insane that Cleveland went through two championship series that began with a team going up 3-1 and then collapsing in a heap.

But the Browns continue to exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

It was written on the 30th and the Chicago Cubs aren't a part of the Electoral College.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Covok posted:

Can someone post the "even if Trump gets every state bellow 70" tweet again?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
So Trump thinks, a month after disbanding his state apparatus, he can just waltz into my state and win because he heard a rumor?

Oh baby COME ON IN. You may have the small towns, but we have the North. And the North is voting. And the North has had a loving juggernaut being rammed up its rear end since Labor Day. Come waste your time. You may have Strasburg and Staunton and Stephens City, but we have Annandale and Alexandria and Arlington.

Come and fight me, Nagaina. You won't be a widow for long.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Hillary Clinton blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This changes pretty quickly if CO is really even or if Major Garrett's tweet about VA has any truth.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Ciaphas posted:

Aaaand I'm home, and still a bit shocked about that nuclear football revelation a while back, but a quick kip and some meds will have that taken care of in short order

Sorry for the freakout earlier :(

yeah, most voters think that the president has some kind of "serious person" with some kind of magical veto power between his anger and a world-ending nuclear launch. We know this buffer is thin if it exists at all. The shock of learning this takes a while to process.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I'm still hanging on hope for blue texas.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Golden State won the Western Conference after down 3-1 having less than 20% chance to win
The Cavaliers won the NBA title after down 3-1 having less than a 20% chance to win
Seahawks vs. Cardinals ended in a draw after two missed field goals at the 25 range which has about a 15% chance of happening both times
There are two tie games in the NFL despite their being a 1% chance of it happening
The Cubs may win the World Series after being down 3-1 and having a 16% chance to win

What I am saying is, we are well due for the probable thing to happen

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
This looks too good to be true

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/793948060367863808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

quote:

@QuinnipiacPoll, Among Early Voters:

North Carolina:
Clinton 58 (+22)
Trump 36

#Ohio:
Clinton 58 (+26)
Trump 32

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

mcmagic posted:

This changes pretty quickly if CO is really even or if Major Garrett's tweet about VA has any truth.

Neither of these things are true.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Your Boy Fancy posted:

So Trump thinks, a month after disbanding his state apparatus, he can just waltz into my state and win because he heard a rumor?

Oh baby COME ON IN. You may have the small towns, but we have the North. And the North is voting. And the North has had a loving juggernaut being rammed up its rear end since Labor Day. Come waste your time. You may have Strasburg and Staunton and Stephens City, but we have Annandale and Alexandria and Arlington.

Come and fight me, Nagaina. You won't be a widow for long.

Just wanted to say your posts in the last 24 hours have been especially good.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

It doesn't. Because it isn't, and it hasn't.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
I'm really hoping that the tightening in polls over the last week shake some Democrats out of a feeling of complacency or that Clinton can "cruise" to a win so that more people feel motivated to go out and vote instead of stay home.

:ohdear:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

post your map. Or :toxx:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

mcmagic posted:

"This map would change if the polls we see are actually wrong" -- A God drat Genius

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pastrymancy posted:

But the Browns continue to exist

In fact they're the most successful of Cleveland's franchises, having won the Super Bowl in both 2001 and in 2013.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

:rolleyes:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Probably, but I expect early voting is heavily urban to avoid long lines on election day, which gives dems an advantage, whereas the less crowded rural areas are more election day, which helps republicans.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It's gonna be cool when there are zero polling places open in the state election day because the republicans shut the last one down on Sunday.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Golden State won the Western Conference after down 3-1 having less than 20% chance to win
The Cavaliers won the NBA title after down 3-1 having less than a 20% chance to win
Seahawks vs. Cardinals ended in a draw after two missed field goals at the 25 range which has about a 15% chance of happening both times
There are two tie games in the NFL despite their being a 1% chance of it happening
The Cubs may win the World Series after being down 3-1 and having a 16% chance to win

There will always be some unlikely things happening. Drawing a bullseye around exactly how things happened doesn't mean that unlikely things are actually happening more than expected.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

xthetenth posted:

There will always be some unlikely things happening. Drawing a bullseye around exactly how things happened doesn't mean that unlikely things are actually happening more than expected.

:goonsay:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

Probably, but I expect early voting is heavily urban to avoid long lines on election day, which gives dems an advantage, whereas the less crowded rural areas are more election day, which helps republicans.

I don't recall that being true in the past. It's varied by state I think.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Or unlikely events are on a hot streak.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

GalacticAcid posted:

Insane that Cleveland went through two championship series that began with a team going up 3-1 and then collapsing in a heap.

Cleveland only has one pitcher. Hard to win when there are 7 games to play

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

It doesn't. Because it isn't, and it hasn't.

We hope they aren't.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Charlz Guybon posted:

I don't recall that being true in the past. It's varied by state I think.

Well I hope I'm dumb!

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
i hate everyone

quote:

The ACLU has filed an official complaint against an Arizona public charter school after a sixth grade teacher from the Academy of Excellence in Phoenix repeatedly viciously harassed a Muslim student who is a refugee from Somalia. From Medium.com:

On one occasion, A.A.’s teacher showed a video to the class about 9/11 terrorists and then said to A.A. in front of the entire class, “That’s going to be you,” suggesting that he was destined to become a terrorist himself.

Another time, when A.A. raised his hand to answer a question, his teacher snapped at him — “All you Muslims think you are so smart” — in front of the entire class. Then, referring to the fact that A.A. and his family were resettled in the United States on refugee visas, the teacher started ranting about Donald Trump, telling A.A.:

“I can’t wait until Trump is elected. He’s going to deport all you Muslims. Muslims shouldn’t be given visas. They’ll probably take away your visa and deport you. You’re going to be the next terrorist, I bet.”

ACLU link says that the teacher also physically assaulted him and the school expelled him and his little sister. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooooooooooou

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

We hope they aren't.

No, we know its not true. We hope you choke to death on your own vomit tonight.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

mcmagic posted:

If Trump were ahead in Virginia, he wouldn't need to go to Virginia because he would be winning the entire election in a landslide.

Denzer
May 15, 2009

Donkwich posted:

If Trump gets elected missing out on an 11:1 bet will be the least of your worries

I honestly might still back him at 3.8 - 1 tomorrow.

I never once felt he was going to win before, even at the end of July when he was at his peak I never thought he had a chance. Which is why I didn't get in at 11 - 1.

The race feels weird right now though.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Am I the only person who hears every reference to HILLARY EMAILS in the voice of Strongbad from Homestar Runner?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Northjayhawk posted:

yeah, most voters think that the president has some kind of "serious person" with some kind of magical veto power between his anger and a world-ending nuclear launch. We know this buffer is thin if it exists at all. The shock of learning this takes a while to process.

I would have sworn up, down and sideways that SecDef was in that unenviable position before today.

One of you mentioned earlier that SecDef has to confirm the order but doesn't have veto power. What does that mean, exactly? What does a confirmation mean if you can't say no?

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

mcmagic posted:

People know all of this. And a lot apparently don't care...

It's good just to drive things home and give people a well produced final reminder. People get busy with kids and work and all sorts of life things and need to be re-focused. It's easy for those of us who camp out on these and other political forums to wonder how people "don't care" but really they just need things put at the forefront of their brains again.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Looks like increased Hispanic turnout making up for the drop in the African-American vote?

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/793933545916039168

quote:

Nate Cohn
✔ ý@Nate_Cohn

Upshot/Siena polling of North Carolina early voters who *didn't* vote in 2012 (n=133): Clinton 57, Trump 34

Follow

Nate Cohn
✔ ý@Nate_Cohn

NC early voters who didn't vote in 2012:
White: C 43, T 45 (v. 35-55 among e.v. who vtd in 12)
Nonwhite: C 97 T 2 (v. 90-6 among vt in 12)

6:51 AM - 3 Nov 2016 · Washington, DC, United States

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trump isn't winning virginia

Ciaphas posted:

I would have sworn up, down and sideways that SecDef was in that unenviable position before today.

One of you mentioned earlier that SecDef has to confirm the order but doesn't have veto power. What does that mean, exactly? What does a confirmation mean if you can't say no?

you have to confirm it came from the president and pass it along the chain after you confirm it. They could refuse to pass it along the chain or confirm it but that would be a dereliction of duty and probably a crime.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Even if you win big betting on trump, you're only gonna be able to bribe the deportation force for so long once they find out you've posted on pro Hillary message board forums.somethingawful:com

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No, we know its not true. We hope you choke to death on your own vomit tonight.

Come on man that's uncalled for. No sense getting so upset at a forum poster lol.

Omne posted:

Cleveland only has one pitcher. Hard to win when there are 7 games to play

Yeah, and this year's Cubs are insanely good. I watched them annihilate my Pirates night after night this summer.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Endorph posted:

trump isn't winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

Come on man that's uncalled for. No sense getting so upset at a forum poster lol.

Nah I am morally comfortable with my position

• Locked thread