Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Deadpool cases should be dropping very soon so he'll also be affordable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The head sculpts on the ML6 Wolverine and Deadpool are better, everything else on the new ones are better though. Not sure why but Hasbro has not been knocking it out of the park with their head sculpts recently.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Deadpool's unmasked face on the new one is like 1000x better than the old one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The accessories on that one seem to look terrible... also don't much care about the diseased scrotum face, would have preferred more actual masked expressions.

The new Revoltech one seems to be polarizing people, but looks pretty cool...

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Fuzz posted:

The accessories on that one seem to look terrible... also don't much care about the diseased scrotum face, would have preferred more actual masked expressions.

The new Revoltech one seems to be polarizing people, but looks pretty cool...

Don't listen to the haters. If you like to pose figures, Revoltech Deadpool is awesome.

Lencho fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 4, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Lencho posted:

Don't listen to the haters. If you like to pose figures, Revoltech Deadpool is awesome.

Sweet, but I heard the shoulders are weird for non photos?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

Some people hate him but I've always liked ShartimusPrime's reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgH-RQO-28c

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I don't like anyone named Shartimus Prime.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I don't like anyone named Shartimus Prime.

You can't blame a child for their parents' mistake.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Fuzz posted:

This is really just a problem in certain poses or angles. Right now he looks pretty good on my shelf.

Louisgod posted:

This is a great review. He can be kind of annoying, but he always makes some good points.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That puppet guy is the only toy reviewer I like

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

That puppet guy is the only toy reviewer I like

Sounds like you should watch Thew, he's great.

I also like Vangelus but that's a pretty minority opinion.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Anyone have a pic of Comic Dr Strange and Movie Dr Strange headswap? Thank you!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shartimus is loving awesome and goes into some amazing detail. One of the best out there IMO.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I've been mostly watching Anthony's Customs on youtube, but that guy has some really loving asinine complaints sometimes.

He makes a loving badass custom Nightwing, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpBz76SL6h4

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

I've been mostly watching Anthony's Customs on youtube, but that guy has some really loving asinine complaints sometimes.

He makes a loving badass custom Nightwing, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpBz76SL6h4

ugh that guy is incredibly boring to listen to. His monotone voice a frankly low energy voice puts me to sleep.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Speaking of YouTube toy reviewers, was it ever revealed what happened to Glenn Webb? He was one of my favorite guys to watch, and he just died suddenly. I thought it was a joke at first. He was only around 40 years old.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

The best toy reviewer is Pixel Dan. He gives a nice, clear review that helps with buying decisions. Also seems like a super nice guy. I liked Shartimus Prime's reviews, but it got old with the endless "support my Patreon", so I stopped watching. I was legit sad / shocked when Glenn Webb passed, he was the best. I also like Tommy's Toy Travels if you're into WWE figures.

Basically, I watch a lot of toy reviews during lunch time at work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Sounds like you should watch Thew, he's great.

I also like Vangelus but that's a pretty minority opinion.

Hmmmm he is not a puppet so no.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I prefer reading reviews. http://www.mwctoys.com/reviews-all.htm

MWC can be slow though.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Felzbug is the only YouTube reviewer I trust, since he has a puppet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Felzbug is the only YouTube reviewer I trust, since he has a puppet.

He's going to convince you to buy bad toys and then it will be you who is the puppet.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He's going to convince you to buy bad toys and then it will be you who is the puppet.

No puppet! Not puppet! YOU'RE the puppet!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ultraviolence123 posted:

The best toy reviewer is Pixel Dan. He gives a nice, clear review that helps with buying decisions. Also seems like a super nice guy. I liked Shartimus Prime's reviews, but it got old with the endless "support my Patreon", so I stopped watching. I was legit sad / shocked when Glenn Webb passed, he was the best. I also like Tommy's Toy Travels if you're into WWE figures.

Basically, I watch a lot of toy reviews during lunch time at work.
Pixel Dan is hit or miss for me, because it feels like he praises the poo poo out of a lot of stuff unnecessarily and I really get the vibe that he's doing it because companies send him the stuff for free, and if he doesn't praise the poo poo out of things then they won't sent him more free stuff. There's a joke/analogy in there about games journalism and video game reviews, but I think you understand what I mean.

I like Shartimus Prime, Anthony's Customs, Glenn Webb (RIP), Outside the Box Reviews, and a new guy who mostly reviews NECA stuff that I stumbled across, Nick Hoestetter.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 5, 2016

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

No puppet! Not puppet! YOU'RE the puppet!

:lol:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Xenomrph posted:

Pixel Dan is hit or miss for me, because it feels like he praises the poo poo out of a lot of stuff unnecessarily and I really get the vibe that he's doing it because companies send him the stuff for free, and if he doesn't praise the poo poo out of things then they won't sent him more free stuff. There's a joke/analogy in there about games journalism and video game reviews, but I think you understand what I mean.

I like Shartimus Prime, Anthony's Customs, Glenn Webb (RIP), Outside the Box Reviews, and a new guy who mostly reviews NECA stuff that I stumbled across, Nick Hoestetter.

Pixel Dan also has a lot of fake enthusiasm and weird creepy learned (but not polished) over-enunciation. The overall feel of his reviews is "MattyCollector bought time on QVC." Tone aside, he's also just a giant whore for Mattel to the point it's embarrassing to watch. I'm surprised he's never (as far as I know) outright said "double elbow joints are unnecessary, Mattel does it right!"

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
So Walmart.com has a bunch of Marvel Legends for ~$12.00, including the new Wolverine, so that's kind of huge.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=marvel%20legends&typeahead=marvel%20legends&cat_id=0

Free shipping over $50, or free pickup.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 5, 2016

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

ShimSham posted:

So Walmart.com has a bunch of Marvel Legends for ~$12.00, including the new Wolverine, so that's kind of huge.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=marvel%20legends&typeahead=marvel%20legends&cat_id=0

Free shipping over $50, or free pickup.

They have all of the recent X-Men wave, except Deadpool, for $11.92 a piece so I'm going to finish off my Juggernaut BAF now. Thanks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Goddamn it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jeez that Abomination wave has been out for like a week and it's cheap as poo poo already.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Retail just getting ready for the next cycle.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Retail just getting ready for the next cycle.

Speaking of which, shouldn't the Sandman wave be released soon?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Thanks, I just ordered Wolverine.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sandman wave should be January. Figures have been done for months now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sandman wave should be January. Figures have been done for months now.

I hope stores actually get to order them. I noticed a lot of them near by, even my work re-ordered the Absorbing Man wave again due to them getting a new shipment that has more Venom and Spider-Gwens. Too bad that means a lot more Beetle, Speed Demon, Jack O Lantern, and Mobibus to peg warm.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Speaking of ML Arachno Stacy did that solid case of her ever eventuate?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Other posted:

Speaking of ML Arachno Stacy did that solid case of her ever eventuate?

Probably don't need to bother, as my store has like five of her now on the shelf. She is medium rarity at this point now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The cape clasp on the Hot Toys Phasma is some Chinese knock-off level lovely plastic.

It's already $100 overpriced Hot Toys, put 3 loving cents into it and use some plastic that doesn't mush.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Phasma belongs in the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rirse posted:

Probably don't need to bother, as my store has like five of her now on the shelf. She is medium rarity at this point now.

That wave(like so many of them) never came out here at retail and I was curious since the 'local' store I ordered one from(for half the cost of importing it myself) haven't gotten theirs yet