Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Oh god you can even watch it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqeUnJ0AeCs

Russian TV is so bad on average. Someday I hope to find a subbed version of Школа, which is actually decent. But probably basically impossible because there's no market for it. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Are people from all over Russia really falling over themselves to be Kadyrov's assistant? seems like a dangerous gig

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Flavahbeast posted:

Are people from all over Russia really falling over themselves to be Kadyrov's assistant? seems like a dangerous gig

It's propaganda.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

Think of the perks!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Surkov Leaks 2 are out and they seem to be more meaty this time :supaburn:

https://twitter.com/Mortis_Banned/status/794112756655996928

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fatherboxx posted:

Surkov Leaks 2 are out and they seem to be more meaty this time :supaburn:

https://twitter.com/Mortis_Banned/status/794112756655996928
Ukrainian stockpiles were Yuuge!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Interesting, Ukrainian military had Spanish and Romanian artillery? Will this cause some issues with NATO or EU?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Interesting, Ukrainian military had Spanish and Romanian artillery? Will this cause some issues with NATO or EU?

Nah, since they were clearly used by the American mercenaries.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Nah, the Americans are headed to Poland now to stem the tide of green men hordes :wink:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Russia's Putin grants Russian citizenship to U.S. actor Seagal.

That's not an exaggeration. Putin personally signed an order. Cripes.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

Now he and Depardieu can appear in the same movie.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

Seagal is also something of a folk hero in Outer Mongolia. His current wife is a Mongol and he has done a bunch of TV shows where he claims that he feels like he is a true Mongol because he thinks his Great Grandfather was from Mongolia or something. They all love him there, and considering their relationship with Russia it's no surprised he's got a close relationship with Moscow also.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Flavahbeast posted:

Yes, they are falling over as Kadyrov's goons drag them through mud to the studio.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Seagal is also something of a folk hero in Outer Mongolia. His current wife is a Mongol and he has done a bunch of TV shows where he claims that he feels like he is a true Mongol because he thinks his Great Grandfather was from Mongolia or something. They all love him there, and considering their relationship with Russia it's no surprised he's got a close relationship with Moscow also.

Steven Seagal, king of cultural appropriation.

People forget that he got to be the head of a Japanese ninjitsu dojo by marrying the great dan's daughter.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
He's also as sissy who got scared when challenged by JCVD after making GBS threads on him the whole evening at a party: http://kickassactionnews.blogspot.de/2013/02/sly-and-seagal-once-got-physical.html

Discendo Vox posted:

Check out this article:

AV Club posted:

Continuing its open courting of Mexican immigrant-hating, jingoistic simpletons who flirted with movie appearances in the early ’90s before settling into an august bloat of reality TV stardom, treating women like sex toys, slapping their name on cheap poo poo, and thoroughly misguided political ambition, Russia has granted Steven Seagal citizenship, the Kremlin announced. It’s the culmination of a long mutual flirtation between the two warily regarded sovereignties, with Seagal having been a friend and open admirer of Vladimir Putin’s ever since the two bonded over their love of martial arts and being photographed looking loving ridiculous.
And it’s true: Seagal’s relationship with Russia goes beyond mere palling around with Putin at MMA fights. Seagal has called Putin “one of the greatest world leaders, if not the greatest world leader, alive today,” vocally defended Putin’s forcible annexation of Crimea as “very reasonable,” and served as Putin’s celebrity spokesman/cautionary tale in his push to make Russians exercise. Their friendship has also long given credence to our suspicion that Seagal’s IMDB bio was written by Russian hackers.
As a testament to the glasnost with which the country greets him, in 2014, Seagal performed with his blues-rock band at a Ukraine concert for pro-Russian separatists. According to reports, this was intended to encourage them.
As of now, Seagal has not been granted any further official role in Russia’s government, though Russia Beyond The Headlines notes that he is eligible to receive a standard Russian pension of 5,000 rubles—or roughly $80. Unfortunately, to collect it he’ll need to spend more time in Russia than America, so Seagal will be forced to make a tough decision between that $80 and his movie career.
http://www.avclub.com/article/russia-takes-responsibility-hacks-granting-steven--245331
:allears:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

So I had a few hours to kill yesterday afternoon and decided to catch a movie. They were only playing Doctor Strange in the dubbed version at the time so I settled on Wolyn instead. Its been a very controversial film in some regards (especially in terms of Polish-Ukrainian relations) and frankly I expected it to be another rah rah Poland good/everyone else bad nationalist propaganda bauble like "Historia Roja" which I saw earlier this year. Turns out I was wrong. Its an excellent and deeply disturbing film about the cruelty and evil that nationalism spurs men to. The barbarous violence depicted on screen is like a bucket of ice water to the face and though I consider myself a fairly cynical and hardened individual, it made me profoundly uncomfortable in some parts and feeling sick and almost in a trance by the end. I don't know that any anti-Ukrainian Polish nationalists who see it will get the same message I got out of it, but for the entire third act all I could think was "this is what nationalism leads to, this is the monsters it turns men into". I highly recommend it for any of the Polish posters here who have been hesitant to see it and for anyone else who has an opportunity to see it when it gets an international release. I don't know if I'll ever watch it again but its worth the price of admission.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-nwg693WCE

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

A Pale Horse posted:

"Historia Roja" which I saw earlier this year

Whyyyyyyyy?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Same situation, time to kill and didn't feel like going home before I was to meet someone. That movie is absolute trash though.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Both those systems were apparently made in low double digit quantities only and mostly used by their origin countries so something's fucky there. Also the notion of importing rocket artillery systems of all things to loving Eastern Europe is vaguely comical.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

Its an excellent and deeply disturbing film about the cruelty and evil that nationalism spurs men to.
In that case I can't wait for it to get released in the West with the disclaimer "BUT THERE WERE GOOD POLES TOO JUST SO YOU KNOW"* like Ida was.

* I mean of course there loving were, but it's like prefacing Downfall with "KEEP IN MIND HOWEVER THAT THE CURRENT GERMAN LEADER ANGELA MERKEL IS NOT ACTIVELY KILLING JEWS AT THIS POINT IN TIME".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
He's also as sissy who got scared when challenged by JCVD after making GBS threads on him the whole evening at a party: http://kickassactionnews.blogspot.de/2013/02/sly-and-seagal-once-got-physical.html

Check out this article:

http://www.avclub.com/article/russia-takes-responsibility-hacks-granting-steven--245331
:allears:

Maybe we can get a sequel to that "Steven Seagal joins the police force" reality TV show where Steven "goes on vacation" in Ukraine.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I kinda want to be a Mongolian folk hero...

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I kinda want to be a Mongolian folk hero...

You got some stiff competition but once you're in....

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I will roam Mongolia, known by the people as Хачин цагаан хүн, the Strange White Man.

(I just threw that in Google, the translation may read "dancing horse cock" for all I know)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:v:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Does the game have him in it saying, "I'm just the cook!"

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
The government coalition of Estonia is about to fall apart, by Wednesday at latest. About drat time. When some party hack in a high position in his party says that following the suggestions of the opposition would make our economic growth slow down (while that growth has been at 0,6% for a while), I would say that it's time for them to go.

But that's just one of many reasons. Ferry fiasco, national airline fiasco... The excises on alcohol have been doing very good things for economy of Latvia, but we'll raise them even more coming year. I guess it's true what was written in the book Švejk: "the government that raises the price of beer will not last long".

One factor that certainly helped was that the epitome of corruption on municipal level, the head of the center party (opposition), has been pushed to the sidelines in his own party last weekend, in addition to being under investigation on corruption charges for some time. Now other parties are willing to be in a coalition with them. Though there's still plenty of things wrong with the center party.

Today our now former prime minister came up with another gem: "causing a crisis of the government in the current security situation is irresponsible". But they really are not that important that the fate of this country would depend on them in any way.

Now I have to watch Under Siege.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So Saakashvili gave up and quit as mayor of Odessa because there's too much corruption everywhere to deal with. He says it's because Poroshenko is supporting two clans which are corrupt and criminals. Hard to say if this is all true but I wouldn't be surprised :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37895588

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
I'm so sorry for all the Baltic and Polish goons.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
We had planned to move abroad in mid-January. In the light of this morning's mental equivalent of an ice bucket challenge, I will see if I can push this earlier, to right after New Years.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Stay safe Brown Moses :ohdear:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Enjoy the US pulling out of NATO and europe being too chickenshit and cowardly to actually fund any sort of european military and putin bullying or outright invading a big ol' sphere for him self.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
brown moses is now an enemy of the united states

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Kremlin media won't have anyone to blame for Russia's problems anymore.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

fatherboxx posted:

Kremlin media won't have anyone to blame for Russia's problems anymore.

jew bankers, the eu, globalists, they'll find a way

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Baronjutter posted:

Enjoy the US pulling out of NATO and europe being too chickenshit and cowardly to actually fund any sort of european military and putin bullying or outright invading a big ol' sphere for him self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK67o8oI7wE

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

Don't worry, president Le Pen will build a wall and make Europe great again.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MeLKoR posted:

Don't worry, president Le Pen will build a wall and make Europe great again.

president le pen will let the russian tanks parade on the champs elyséees

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Our only hope is that even if Trump is a Putin wanneabee...

... two Putins in a room will immediately get to hating each other out of prideful jealousy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

So, will the next ambassador to Russia be Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal or that dude from limp bizkit?