Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Furnaceface posted:

Not going to lie, I laughed at this way harder than was probably healthy.

Must be a Canadian thing, 'cause I did that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Arcanen posted:

I know, right? Lol at people thinking that cricket of all things, a sport played and loved by dozens of countries, is somehow more important than the "WORLD SERIES" (that only involves the US) of baseball (that no one cares about outside of the US). Don't they know that the only sports that matter are baseball, football and basketball? I.e. the sports that the US is pretty much alone in taking seriously?

Lol what a stupid loving thing to get mad at

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I was wrong, it wasn't the article. Also, the name provided is a pseudonym, so that's good at least.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Arcanen posted:

I know, right? Lol at people thinking that cricket of all things, a sport played and loved by dozens of countries, is somehow more important than the "WORLD SERIES" (that only involves the US) of baseball (that no one cares about outside of the US). Don't they know that the only sports that matter are baseball, football and basketball? I.e. the sports that the US is pretty much alone in taking seriously?

this but unironically

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Aesop Poprock posted:

I have two black friends who I've known for forever who in the past 8 years have slowly turned into dudes who wear confederate flag shirts and hate other black people and they're voting Trump. Does anyone else have a similar experience cause I am totally unequipped as to how to deal with this

I am a veteran so literally every day.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Arcanen posted:

Lmao this is the best meltdown of the election season.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.
Here's the article. Enjoy.

:siren:How Donald Trump Used Fine Print To Make It Harder To Sue Wall Street For Fraud:siren:

But really:

RadicalWall fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 3, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Right article this time:
http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/how-donald-trump-used-fine-print-make-it-harder-sue-wall-street-fraud-2440890

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttt

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Donald Trump games system to save money? Shock level zero.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

:tootzzz:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

If you can't get behind following a sport that has a team that hasn't won a title in over 100 years you should re-evaluate your life.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Nobody will care about this, guaranteed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

OxySnake posted:

If you can't get behind following a sport that has a team that hasn't won a title in over 100 years you should re-evaluate your life.

The last time the Cubs won, there was an Ottoman Empire.
There wasn't, then was, and then wasn't again a Soviet Union.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

If this doesn't get violated and extended another 8 years I'll be floored.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lmao IBT. At least I can go to sleep now

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

That Trump is a con artist is news to no one.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I hope Spotlight's next big story just gets published and posted without any of this loving preamble.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arcanen posted:

japan likes baseball

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Arcanen posted:

The World Series sometimes invovles Canada.

Also Baseball is popular in Latin America and East Asia. In fact, the MLB playoffs are broadcast on TV here in Korea.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I mean its a fascinating example of how he's a terrible businessman and how he's gamed the system to protect himself from the consequences of his actions and in turn made it harder for smaller parties to be able to take legal action against wall street.

On the other hand that sentence was about 36 words too long for anyone to care.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Cricket is loving awesome, but jesus the baseball is 6-6 in the 9th of the last game and if you can't get into that you're basically dead.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Arcanen posted:

You are a horrible person for making me defend Baseball.

First of all, Canada is also part of the World Series should their team win enough.

Secondly

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Everyone who considers this a bad thing is already voting against Trump so faaaaaaaart

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

PT6A posted:

Must be a Canadian thing, 'cause I did that too.

Does that make us Terrance and Phillip? :v:

You know, maybe Im just numb to it all at this point but that seems like something that would be considered small and insignificant with regards to Trump. :(

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

I'm an Australian who doesn't care about cricket either, is it a meltdown if I'm not actually invested? I only really watch tennis.

I was attempting to point out that Americans sports and their importance (or lack there of) on the world scale are another aspect of American exceptionalism (a thing that most in this thread would agree is bullshit) that Americans typically don't think about. I mean, the "World Series" name pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

This is a sufficiently political point to make for USPOL, I think.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

OxySnake posted:

this is true Trump is the closest thing confederates have had to a title in over 100 years.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Arcanen posted:

I'm an Australian who doesn't care about cricket either, is it a meltdown if I'm not actually invested? I only really watch tennis.

I was attempting to point out that Americans sports and their importance (or lack there of) on the world scale are another aspect of American exceptionalism (a thing that most in this thread would agree is bullshit) that Americans typically don't think about. I mean, the "World Series" name pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

This is a sufficiently political point to make for USPOL, I think.

Shouldn't you be hounding refugees into camps or something? Baseball owns, and the only argument for American exceptionalism is how hard Australia sucks.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

OxySnake posted:

Tied in the top of the ninth. Shuddup and watch baseball

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
2.5 billion people watch and play cricket, baseball barely breaks 500 mil. Checkmate *World* Series watchers.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

Shouldn't you be hounding refugees into camps or something? Baseball owns, and the only argument for American exceptionalism is how hard Australia sucks.

You've got me there!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/794011309301841920

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Look at all of you who don't even know about the World Cup of American Football

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

I have two black friends who I've known for forever who in the past 8 years have slowly turned into dudes who wear confederate flag shirts and hate other black people and they're voting Trump. Does anyone else have a similar experience cause I am totally unequipped as to how to deal with this

I know one man who can trace his lineage from those who were enslaved, and also is for Trump he also happens to fit that Keeye and Peele skit about his type a T. (Furthermore he works for the YMCA which gets funds from the state and the community to operate but hates taxation and loves ron paul. Of the twenty others who share that lineage I know they are either apathetic or full in for Hillary.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Question from an interested European: What happens if Trump loses but refuses to concede or refuses to accept the outcome of the vote? Does this cast America into political paralysis? Does the loser have to concede at all? Can the country just say: "Whatever" and get on with beginning Clinton's administration?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
All the articles talking about how bad Trump is just make the fact that there's a 1-in-3 chance she'll lose pretty pathetic

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gunder posted:

Can the country just say: "Whatever" and get on with business as usual?

yup

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GalacticAcid posted:

lol you aren't watching the game right now then because lmao the windy city is probably headed for supercriticality.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Gunder posted:

Question from an interested European: What happens if Trump loses but refuses to concede or refuses to accept the outcome of the vote? Does this cast America into political paralysis? Does the loser have to concede at all? Can the country just say: "Whatever" and get on with business as usual?

Nah, he doesn't NEED to concede, legally-- the electoral college is the real formality that elects the winner. It's just bad form if he doesn't at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Gunder posted:

Question from an interested European: What happens if Trump loses but refuses to concede or refuses to accept the outcome of the vote? Does this cast America into political paralysis? Does the loser have to concede at all? Can the country just say: "Whatever" and get on with business as usual?

Everyone that'd didn't vote or support him laughs and moves on.

• Locked thread