Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Gunder posted:

Question from an interested European: What happens if Trump loses but refuses to concede or refuses to accept the outcome of the vote? Does this cast America into political paralysis? Does the loser have to concede at all? Can the country just say: "Whatever" and get on with business as usual?

His concession is irrellevant to the actual legal election process but may inspire whackos to acts of violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

call to action posted:

All the articles talking about how bad Trump is just make the fact that there's a 1-in-3 chance she'll lose pretty pathetic

When taken as a whole, so's America. It literally doesn't matter, got to vote your team.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Let's brag about how far our imperialist empires spread their dumb stick sports while subjugating native peoples.

And tennis is ridiculously expensive and for privileged assholes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why are people arzying now?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Gunder posted:

Question from an interested European: What happens if Trump loses but refuses to concede or refuses to accept the outcome of the vote? Does this cast America into political paralysis? Does the loser have to concede at all? Can the country just say: "Whatever" and get on with business as usual?

Depends on his actions. If he just rants and raves, it's one guy being loud and stupid. America pretty much moves on. If he incites armed action, he gets arrested by the FBI for sedition.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
http://www.sfexaminer.com/hill-mayor-ed-lee-short-list-hillary-clintons-cabinet/

As much as I'd love to see him gone from SF. I don't think we need to spread his bullshit across the country. Crooked Hillary's crooked cabinet leans heavily with Crooked Ed

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Gunder posted:

The loser conceding doesn't have any function in law, it's just a conciliatory gesture. Some states allow for a campaign to request a recount, but they can't keep the process going forever.

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

Known shady businessman does shady business man things. This reminds me of Romney and his tax return showing absurd growth in some category I can't recall, something related to retirement I believe. People were sure it was gonna prove he was a huge fraud but everyone already knew that shady businessmen did and continue to do shady businessman thing.

At this point I feel like every republican has some kind of shady business deal on their record that will never affect voters. R's will think business smart, D's will think business bad.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Trump has a 1/3 chance of winning

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Gunder posted:

What the loser does or doesn't do is immaterial, everyone else just carries on. Theoretically the loser could bring some kind of legal action if there's some plausible reason to, but short of that it doesn't matter. Can you imagine if it worked any other way?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Gunder posted:

Question from an interested European: What happens if Trump loses but refuses to concede or refuses to accept the outcome of the vote? Does this cast America into political paralysis? Does the loser have to concede at all? Can the country just say: "Whatever" and get on with beginning Clinton's administration?

Im not American but as far as I know its more of a formality and not necessarily a thing that cements the results of the election. He can try to slow the process down by demanding recounts(maybe?), but even then the country will move on no matter what kind of temper tantrum he has.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Indians logo really is atrocious

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Gunder posted:

Question from an interested European: What happens if Trump loses but refuses to concede or refuses to accept the outcome of the vote? Does this cast America into political paralysis? Does the loser have to concede at all? Can the country just say: "Whatever" and get on with beginning Clinton's administration?

If the other side doesn't concede then both presidential candidates have to enter the Thunder Dome to fight it out. The popular vote winner gets to use a mech suit and the other candidate gets a rusty knife and a canned chicken. If the handicapped candidate wins against these odds they get to change/remove/add a single amendment to the constitution. The only concession is death.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Gunder posted:

It's bad optics, but means nothing.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grouchio posted:

Read Nate Silver's latest update on 538. The race is still Clinton's to lose, but Trump is doing far better than we would've expected two weeks ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, did someone seriously leak the name of the rape accuser who specifically chose not to come forward out of fear? :smith:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, did someone seriously leak the name of the rape accuser who specifically chose not to come forward out of fear? :smith:

ImpAtom posted:

I think a pseudonym.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, pseudonym.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Does this really surprise you at all considering what the FOX morons did to one previously?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

El Pollo Blanco posted:

2.5 billion people watch and play cricket, baseball barely breaks 500 mil. Checkmate *World* Series watchers.

Considering a cricket game lasts days and a baseball game lasts a couple or three hours I should hope more people end up watching cricket. That'd be kind of sad othewise.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

greatn posted:

I think a pseudonym.

Oh, alright. That's not like great but better than "lol, gently caress you."

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

If you mean "Katie Johnson", then no. I don't know why they picked that over Jane Doe.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

greatn posted:

I think a pseudonym.

It was, thank gods.

that said!
https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/794019998452715520
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/794020856917794816

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ImpAtom posted:

Got to show those who would defy Trump what-for.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It's the pseudonym she's suing under that the court gave her.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Someone needs to edit the Ted Cruz is mess post to be about the Cubs trading the farm for a wife beater and then him blowing it. The Cubs are a mess.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Trump supporters love Sherrif Joe "Human Rights Abuse" Arpaio so who is this aimed at?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Admiral Ray posted:

Trump supporters love Sherrif Joe "Human Rights Abuse" Arpaio so who is this aimed at?

People scared of a hypothetical deportation force, perhaps?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

The article is too complicated to actually have an effect.

But if I understood the first half of it, it basically says one of Trump's lawsuits involving the bankruptcy of The Taj helped set a precedent for financial firms to protect themselves from litigation, if there is enough fine print to cover their own rear end. Regardless of how inaccurate the sales pitch is in laying out costs/profits/ etc etc.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 3, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

Isn't Sherrif Joe doing pretty badly at the moment? I presume the people who hate him

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Admiral Ray posted:

At this point nothing Hillary says will dissuade someone who is going to vote for Trump. She has to scare everyone else.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

ImpAtom posted:

Looks like this has been answered. However on a related note the fifteen (now sixteen) year old who Wiener sent dick pics to got her name leaked by the FBI in the course of the investigation and had her life casually ruined despite being assured of her anonymity.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

From the game thread.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ice Phisherman posted:

Looks like this has been answered. However on a related note the fifteen (now sixteen) year old who Wiener sent dick pics to got her name leaked by the FBI in the course of the investigation and had her life casually ruined despite being assured of her anonymity.
At this point I'm surprised nobody's tried to do a murder and frame the Clintons for it. Maybe they have and it just never made the news.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

Sheriff Joe is losing by a lot in AZ, so I would assume the people who are voting against him

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Nessus posted:

At this point I'm surprised nobody's tried to do a murder and frame the Clintons for it. Maybe they have and it just never made the news.

Murder is big deal poo poo. A murder that was nationally pointed at the Clintons couldn't be swept under the rug. There'd be too much attention. The idea that she's some sort of puppetmaster murderess really only floats with the alt-right crowd. It doesn't have traction with average folks.

Better to just paint her as a liar and untrustworthy in some way.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Look at this charming fellow!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/john-bennett-oklahoma-clinton-firing-squad

He thinks someone should get a firing squad! You get three guesses who, and the first two don't count.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/794024693351194625

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Admiral Ray posted:

A LOT of people loving hate Arpaio here in AZ. Right now he's polling -15 against Democrat Paul Penzone. I'm hoping that the motivation to kick Arpaio the gently caress out gets more people to the ballot box who end up voting for Clinton to tip the scales in her favor in the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Grouchio posted:

https://twitter.com/kenrudin/status/793975405690683392

game is tied at 6-6, going into the 10th, and rain delayed.

• Locked thread