Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Throatwarbler posted:

Hey guys I've been living in America for a few months now and this thread inspired me to make something. In my country we don't have biscuits or white gravy so this was a bit of a treat.

It's biscuits and hot dog gravy. I added stewed mushrooms and a slice of provolone to each one just to be sure. It was pretty good and I ate all 6 biscuits.

Thanks for reading.

I'm really having trouble articulating my feelings about this. The juxtaposition of sawmill gravy, hotdogs, provolone cheese, and stewed mushrooms has my head spinning.

...I guess I'm glad you enjoyed it? :confuoot:

Next time, make up some hash browns, bacon, and scrambled eggs, then pour gravy all over everything to simulate the perfect Midwest truckstop restaurant breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Throatwarbler posted:

Hey guys I've been living in America for a few months now and this thread inspired me to make something. In my country we don't have biscuits or white gravy so this was a bit of a treat.

It's biscuits and hot dog gravy. I added stewed mushrooms and a slice of provolone to each one just to be sure. It was pretty good and I ate all 6 biscuits.

Thanks for reading.

I'm trying to think of something else uniquely American for you to try. Like, most of our Midwest blandzone casseroles appear to just be bootleg permutations on like Scandinavian food.

Gumbo, maybe? Can we consider creole food to be American cuisine?

Here in upstate New York, I'm the only person I know who likes grits :v:. Grits, as far as I can tell, is like Cream of Wheat, only it's made of ground corn instead. It's like the most stereotypical possible thing a southern diner can serve as part of breakfast. It's completely bland, but the texture is nice. With some salt and pepper stirred into it, it becomes an excellent complement to a sunny side-up fried egg.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm loving furious. My hat's off to Meatloaf Princess.

I'm partial to using beer in my stews, which i haven't gotten to do in a while because the girlfriend hates the taste of beer. Depending on the spices and such that you use, I like either Honey Brown, which is kind of sweet and bread-tasting, but also very local to upstate NY, or just straight-up Guiness if I'm wanting a bit more of an intense flavor.

I haven't tried it with craft beer, but I'm not sure if anything hopsy or floral would stew particularly well without just kind of tasting like I overbrewed some tea and dunked some beef into it.

For the love of all that is holy, don't cook with hoppy beer. It concentrates the bitterness and ruins the whole dish.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm trying to think of something else uniquely American for you to try. Like, most of our Midwest blandzone casseroles appear to just be bootleg permutations on like Scandinavian food.

Uh yeah Louisiana has the best American cuisines. Jambalaya would be the easiest thing I can think of, gumbo isn't tough once you get down how to make the roux without burning it. Southern food in general--the real old stuff, not deep fried butter poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

deadly_pudding posted:

Here in upstate New York, I'm the only person I know who likes grits :v:. Grits, as far as I can tell, is like Cream of Wheat, only it's made of ground corn instead. It's like the most stereotypical possible thing a southern diner can serve as part of breakfast. It's completely bland, but the texture is nice. With some salt and pepper stirred into it, it becomes an excellent complement to a sunny side-up fried egg.

Grits can be made into something amazing as long as you don't just serve plain grits. Stir in herbs, spices, and melted cheese.

For uniquely American, you could also try some West Coast and Pacific Northwest cuisine like California-style pizza and cedar plank salmon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Eat some goddamn crawfish then have a bannanas foster while you drink and then finish it off with some cafe au lair made with chickory coffee blend.

Also eat gumbo cause it's hands down the best soup/stew/water based dish in America. Etouffe ain't bad either

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Grand Fromage posted:

There's banana, canned pineapple, mayo, "cheese", and can't identify anything else.

I'm reminded vaguely of the face of one of Bloodborne's bosses by that pizza:cthulhu:

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

More like home made pizza what's the point

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Hamburger and fries but they've been breaded and deep fried.

The most American things are always deep fried.

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Nov 3, 2016

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

that's barbecue souce

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barbecue sauce and looks like just sliced cheddar? Would.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

drrockso20 posted:

I'm reminded vaguely of the face of one of Bloodborne's bosses by that pizza:cthulhu:

Grant us IBD, grant us IBD.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

RareAcumen posted:

Hey, friend. You're trying to hotlink from a site that doesn't allow such things, so unfortunately you're going to have to individually upload each one to imgur. Normally, I'd just edit your post but I don't know where you found 'em.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

Scottish*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

Hey, friend. You're trying to hotlink from a site that doesn't allow such things, so unfortunately you're going to have to individually upload each one to imgur. Normally, I'd just edit your post but I don't know where you found 'em.

Hmm, righty-o.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

This seems like a delicious treat :colbert:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Grits can be made into something amazing as long as you don't just serve plain grits. Stir in herbs, spices, and melted cheese.

For uniquely American, you could also try some West Coast and Pacific Northwest cuisine like California-style pizza and cedar plank salmon.

Biscuits and gravy. No one else does that.

E: I didn't see that it had already been posted.

DicktheCat has a new favorite as of 01:03 on Nov 4, 2016

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

bon ape tit

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

cash crab posted:

bon ape tit

I approve. Gluten free and straight to the point, there's no loving around with this pizza plate.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

cash crab posted:

"bone appdta teat"

This feels like the linguistic version of tripping over your shoelace and stumbling for like 3 steps.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bone app the teeth

E: oh god https://www.buzzfeed.com/ikrd/you-say-bon-appetit-i-say-bone-apple-tea?utm_term=.ukrk4b7LB#.hvjb0364p

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

also:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Warning: :nws: language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ttQEQH9bY

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

cash crab posted:

bon ape tit

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Superior.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtS2Ikk7A9I

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

I swear I've seen this in a modern art museum

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Cum pizza with Vegetable

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

hackbunny posted:

I swear I've seen this in a modern art museum

In the cafe, in the trash can.

There is some broken part of my brain that demands to see this post-microwave, where this must have been destined.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1N-4DkkON4
Birthday cake soda kimchi. On pizza. Why.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No pizza regulations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

nerd plus rage posted:

Cum pizza with Vegetable

That is a completely normal pizza margherita and you are trying too hard.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Looks bad Todd

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

I am IRL probably going to have nightmares about this.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yeah that's causing me physical discomfort to look at

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

The color scheme makes me think of Buzz Lightyear, and how this is what it looks like when he cums in pies.

Content:

I've heard of cabbage rolls, but a cabbage hole? :rimshot:

Carob Banana Chia Overnight Oats. I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks. (Carob is the worst thing on earth and I will not be dissuaded from this opinion.)

Thought this was some sort of organ section until I saw the caption. The actual recipe seems fine, but that picture is kind of creepy. And almost pulsating.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Thought this was some sort of organ section until I saw the caption. The actual recipe seems fine, but that picture is kind of creepy. And almost pulsating.

NOT GROSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

You can relax, dude, she's married.