Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Satan saved one otherwise unwinnable game for me, but yeah I try not to have a turn 10 do-nothing.

And yeah Fairy Champion was more the kind of card I ended up with as a cost of getting some other really excellent ones. I definitely don't value it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, this deck is not that expensive to build and seems easy for a newbie to play but the maid leader and conscription seem to require commanders and there is none in the deck?

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/royal-banner-swordcraft

How does that work?

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Banner is a Commander

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, it seems like even pieces of wood and cloth can be the commander of men nowadays. Thanks.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

trucutru posted:

Wow, it seems like even pieces of wood and cloth can be the commander of men nowadays. Thanks.

All men are beholden to the true commander - money.

Looking through the decklists has me really wanting to try stuff like Dragon Satan or Rune PtP cause they seem super interesting.

The game loves giving me repeats, I have 3 Moons and 3 Fortes now...

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I got the amazing choice of choosing between forest, blood and rune and this was the first pick

I feel like i should retire already

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I really should've saved myself a miserable hour going 0-5 against 2 aggro sword, aggro shadow, rune with gem golems and olivia, and bloody mary blood

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Woo, hit AA!

And now the real grind begins.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I got the amazing choice of choosing between forest, blood and rune and this was the first pick

I feel like i should retire already

titania's sanctuary + robin hood for sure

being able to evolve fairies for 0 points is actually a pretty big tempo swing on board

Not that titania's sanctuary is actually good, but it's way more likely to affect a game than silver bolt, and robin hood and fairy princess are pretty close.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 3, 2016

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Only been playing this game a little while, but assuming I like Arena in Hearthstone, then Take Two is the good poo poo to spend my gold on, right?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Poultron posted:

Only been playing this game a little while, but assuming I like Arena in Hearthstone, then Take Two is the good poo poo to spend my gold on, right?

Absolutely. If your average wins are higher than 3, you will get more bang for your buck than just using the rupies for packs. You won't get Darkness Evolved packs that often with this method, but you can switch to spending your rupies on expansion packs once you have a good foundation of Standard packs. (That is if constructed appeals to you at all.)

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Sophism posted:

Absolutely. If your average wins are higher than 3, you will get more bang for your buck than just using the rupies for packs. You won't get Darkness Evolved packs that often with this method, but you can switch to spending your rupies on expansion packs once you have a good foundation of Standard packs. (That is if constructed appeals to you at all.)

I wasn't a fan of Constructed much in Hearthstone, but that's mostly because of the meta - I still played it a fair bit. Should I bother playing Take Two before I'm relatively decent at the game? My first run was a Haven deck with I think 2 wins. I still haven't finished more than three Story modes, so...

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Poultron posted:

I wasn't a fan of Constructed much in Hearthstone, but that's mostly because of the meta - I still played it a fair bit. Should I bother playing Take Two before I'm relatively decent at the game? My first run was a Haven deck with I think 2 wins. I still haven't finished more than three Story modes, so...

Personally I'd first finish all the campaigns, as they unlock key class cards and well, tend to give you a good idea on how each class plays on a basic level. You even get one Take Two ticket per leader story. After that, defeating all the AI on Elite will reward you with 200 rupies per leader, and these will also give you an idea on how you can counter some of the class archetypes.

At that point, you'll have a better grasp of the game, and will likely get better results in Take Two just by virtue of knowing how to handle the different crafts.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Sophism posted:

Personally I'd first finish all the campaigns, as they unlock key class cards and well, tend to give you a good idea on how each class plays on a basic level. You even get one Take Two ticket per leader story. After that, defeating all the AI on Elite will reward you with 200 rupies per leader, and these will also give you an idea on how you can counter some of the class archetypes.

At that point, you'll have a better grasp of the game, and will likely get better results in Take Two just by virtue of knowing how to handle the different crafts.

Yeah, that's been my plan. I've been doing some dailies too, just because people are so easy to beat at low levels of Ranked. 7 win streak so far with just a basic Sword deck :psyduck:

EDIT: By the way, what are some good Sword/Haven decks to start working towards? I want to start crafting cards soon, but I don't want to gently caress anything up too badly.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Face Haven and Face Sword is a pretty good starting point.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I wouldn't waste vials trying to build it. Either play it as is with what cards you got or hope you can draw them from packs while playing other decks. Remi and Rami is the most important card in the deck and is the only card that you should be using vials for if you don't have 3 of her.

I didn't follow your advice and made Juno's Secret Lab x3 for 2400 vials, and now the deck is like 3 times better. That one card just makes it so much easier to actually set up a Pascale turn, which is pretty much my win condition.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
2x Sun Oracle Pascale
Lord of the Flies
Gabriel
Skullfane

32 packs after tutorial. Keep or reroll? Don't think any of these are S tier from the op

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

yum posted:

2x Sun Oracle Pascale
Lord of the Flies
Gabriel
Skullfane

32 packs after tutorial. Keep or reroll? Don't think any of these are S tier from the op

I am 100% certain that Vanilla Mint Ice will tell you to reroll that.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Stop being nerds about rerolling and play the drat game. Crafting exists for a reason.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I've only been playing this for a few days, but

While I only have 1 Merlin so far, Dshift is legitimately the most fun I've ever had playing a card game. The absolute stupid bullshit clown fiesta wins you pull off sometimes are the best feeling.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

inthesto posted:

Stop being nerds about rerolling and play the drat game. Crafting exists for a reason.

:yeah:

I stopped rerolling once I had a waifu card

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I didn't know about rerolling and just went with my first packs. After about a week, I almost have one of those competitive decks from the website.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
I'm a big nerd and rerolling takes no time at all compared to other games I've played. I'm pretty invested into Hearthstone but it's been getting stale so I don't mind some grinding before the new expansion

Plus no waifus yet gotta keep going

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Pascale is my waifu. Apparently. Honestly I'm not even sure why she's in Runecraft? Like, she's an oracle and the flavor text just talks about dancing. Is she even a witch?

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
The only good thing about Pascale is her emblem. Earth Sigil is such an awkward mechanic, those things seriously need a self-detonate button.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That's what makes it interesting, imo.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
sorry but Enstatued Seraph is #1 waifu for sure

face sword is nice and Alwida's Command is a good card to have as like your only significant rare because it goes into like every sword list

also Gabriel is a really strong neutral legendary for your random quest decks. Arguably the best neutral legendary when your decks are really bad.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 3, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I started like a week ago and already have Storm Haven, the cheap sword list, and I'm just like 3 golds short of Runecraft. Devouring entire classes to build decks with others is a really good way to be effective quickly if you don't mind the lack of variety. I keep hearing people saying don't do that because you want decks to complete missions but it's not like I'm going to take some thrown together garbage bloodcraft list to the ladder so I can lose 20 times trying to get like 30 gold. The storm haven list took me up to like 50 wins and associated rewards with virtually no losses on the way. Focus on results and build a few decks you can learn inside out. Do your quests in Take Two or something.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Zoness posted:

sorry but Enstatued Seraph is #1 waifu for sure
I sharded an animated version of that and made a cerberus

fite me

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

ilifinicus posted:

I sharded an animated version of that and made a cerberus

fite me

Cerberus is cool and cute, but not waifu material.

I even like the English voice acting on Coco and Mimi.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Focus on results and build a few decks you can learn inside out. Do your quests in Take Two or something.

Uh doing your class quests in take two is a good way to throw your rupies down the drain :homebrew:.

On the other hand ladder losses just mean larger win streaks when you switch to your best deck.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 3, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just do my dailies in unranked

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I'm rerolling on an emulator, and it is giving 10 regular tickets and 20 Darkness Evolved. Is that right? And I should not associate it with a Google Play ID until I am done rerolling?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't re-roll and just started with my Steam account and I got 20 of both. Weird if it's different on mobile.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Ancient Elf, Aurelia Regal Saber, Crystalia Tia, Zirnitra

Only 4 legendaries but gonna keep this. Guess I'll look into Forestcraft

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Demicol posted:

I didn't re-roll and just started with my Steam account and I got 20 of both. Weird if it's different on mobile.
I was only getting 10 + 20 on mobile as well so it might be different

I looked into how to reroll on steam and man gently caress steam

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Some of those free packs are time limited so I guess one of the 5 packs expired

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Zoness posted:

Cerberus is cool and cute, but not waifu material.

I even like the English voice acting on Coco and Mimi.

Uh doing your class quests in take two is a good way to throw your rupies down the drain :homebrew:.

On the other hand ladder losses just mean larger win streaks when you switch to your best deck.

I'm not saying you deliberately go to arena to do your class quests. Just worry about them when you're there. If your goal is to have good decks to play on the ladder, slamming bad decks for 30 games until you finally get a quest for 20 gold is a bad way to do it. Obviously if your goal is just card acquisition as its own end, then yeah, liquidating your cards to build decks is not gonna work.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Huh, there's a Rank Up Trial to get into the B ranks?

Made it on my first try, because Vampy-chan is the strongest :black101:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am enjoying zerging people with my lovely as hell sword deck. I have all sorts of janky cards but by the time round 5 drops I have usually done enough damage that people start to evolve their poo poo to deal with my 2/1s. Ahahaha.

Having trouble with those rear end in a top hat fairies but whatever, I also have 1/2s!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm slowly learning to use Evolutions as more than just reactionary tools to the enemy's evolution.

It's also funny how I'm fighting against people who ram their 1 Attack followers into my Temple Defender without being aware of her ability.

It's the kind of poo poo that the AI does.

At least they don't ram a second one after their first mistake.

• Locked thread