Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
If he can get 4% on CC, and you value the SDM @ the lowest tier for rewards it's like $6-7 / $100 in savings on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Red Flag Deals is just the natural progression from the people who are in front of you in the grocery store using a dozen coupons

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

robodex posted:

Red Flag Deals is just the natural progression from the people who are in front of you in the grocery store using a dozen coupons

we've moved to https://app.flipp.com/ you're behind the times

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm incredibly peeved they won't sell access to that separately from their internet plans. They can't match what I have on teksavvy for internet and I don't watch TV so I have no interest in switching.

Do you not live in an area with Telus Optik? TekSavvy is so much worse value wise than anything either Shaw or Telus has to offer in Kamloops.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Godinster posted:

Do you not live in an area with Telus Optik? TekSavvy is so much worse value wise than anything either Shaw or Telus has to offer in Kamloops.

Nope, Telus in my building is ADSL only. Both them and Novus are actually in the process of lobbying my strata to wire us up. It's a loving 2012 high rise too.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
RIP

I love 150/150 for $70/mo, it almost makes up for living in Kamloops

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Risky Bisquick posted:

we've moved to https://app.flipp.com/ you're behind the times

going to download this without apprehension while using my mobile data plan, because i have 4gb of data now. Thanks public mobile. Eat poo poo fido.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

a fleshy snood posted:

going to download this without apprehension while using my mobile data plan, because i have 4gb of data now. Thanks public mobile. Eat poo poo fido.

4 gigs every 90 days tho, right? and you can't call an out-of-province number.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pivo posted:

12gb every 90.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pivo posted:

No, 4 gb every month (12 total). And yeah, no out of province calling, but that's not an issue for me personally.

efb

Actually that makes me wonder, will I be charged overage when I go over 4gb during the month, or over 12gb over the course of 90 days?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

what, really? I thought the plan was "give us $120, for 90 days you have 4 gigs and unlimited in the province". If it's 4 gigs PER MONTH that's a pretty dope price. I mean with SKMB I only pay $17 more and I can call everywhere and roam too, but I would totally switch to that if it was 4gb per month.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Pivo posted:

what, really? I thought the plan was "give us $120, for 90 days you have 4 gigs and unlimited in the province". If it's 4 gigs PER MONTH that's a pretty dope price. I mean with SKMB I only pay $17 more and I can call everywhere and roam too, but I would totally switch to that if it was 4gb per month.

It's 12gigs for 90 days.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The plan is linked on pretty much every single page of public mobile's website. Maybe take a look.

And you can get unlimited $1 off referrals if you spam your code everywhere at your e-friends. And/or get $10 off per month for being an active poster in their forums.

Its pretty much custom made to be perfect for certain people.

I dont have an LTE phone at the moment or else I'd be on it before it is no longer available to new activations after Nov 20th.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

a fleshy snood posted:

Actually that makes me wonder, will I be charged overage when I go over 4gb during the month, or over 12gb over the course of 90 days?

It's 12gb over 90 days but there are no overage charges since technically it's a pre-paid plan structure. Your mobile data would just stop working, and you'd have to top-up to get more. Saves your rear end on those "oh gently caress my wi-fi's been down all weekend and I didn't even notice" moments.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Stop thinking and switch to Public Mobile, you can see Bell/Telus towers here for an idea of signal strength where you live http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html.

For out of province calling you can use something like google hangouts dialer or fongo voip, from any place you have reception in Canada. Remember that your province calling means that when you travel out of province, you can call anywhere in that province for free. Calling your home province will be long distance in that aforementioned scenario.

Throw me a referral ($1/m) if you do switch :homebrew: jm20@cogeco.ca

edit2: also it's $38 dollars for the plan if you use auto-pay ($6 credit for future payments after your initial payment)

edit3: I'm projecting a savings of $660 a year myself for the two lines I have, so save your dollars

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 3, 2016

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

My switch to Public has a hang-up because I have to get my number on my mother-in-law's plan hived off onto its own plan before the number port can be authorized. So here's hoping she/Bell get around to it within the next few weeks. I have the SIM ready to go.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Yeah I ordered two sim cards but my wife and I are on a rogers share plan. Is that going to make porting difficult?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Also, for those of you switching to the Public Mobile plan with locked devices: I used cellunlocker.net with no issues. Cost me $35 and took around 12 hours for them to send me a code.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

cowofwar posted:

Yeah I ordered two sim cards but my wife and I are on a rogers share plan. Is that going to make porting difficult?

Port the secondary number first, wait until it is activated and working, port the main number after and "try" to refer your wifes phone number. You may or may not be able to get the referral working this way, I couldn't because they didn't register as a public mobile number. You can pm the mods on the community to fix this.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So I received the two sim card mailers and one of them didn't include a sim card. Just the instruction flyer.

Okay.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

cowofwar posted:

So I received the two sim card mailers and one of them didn't include a sim card. Just the instruction flyer.

Okay.

So far I'm happy with the coverage in Vancouver but yeah Public Mobile is really not not 100% on the ball. And LOL at getting a $10/month discount to act as the company's front line tech support. You get what you pay for, I guess. It's either lovely coverage or lovely customer service.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Trying to get my Koodo number ported for over 24hrs now. Apparently not filling a ticket is the way but pm a mod on the forums?!?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It's so cheap because phone support is nonexistent! :pseudo:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

cowofwar posted:

Okay.

PM them on Facebook, I'm sure they will send you another.

Viktor posted:

Trying to get my Koodo number ported for over 24hrs now. Apparently not filling a ticket is the way but pm a mod on the forums?!?

Probably, my solution is to never have a problem so I don't need to experience support.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Risky Bisquick posted:

Probably, my solution is to never have a problem so I don't need to experience support.

Ha sure but if you activate the first step if you have a Koodo number is to contact them.

43hrs no response on ticket, almost 24hrs on no response from signed on mod.

Pretty crap experience so far.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Again, you were warned not to have problems porting because there is no support.

Its a poor carpenter who blames his total absence of tools or the unresponsive black hole he is allowed to pour his blame into.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Viktor posted:

Ha sure but if you activate the first step if you have a Koodo number is to contact them.

43hrs no response on ticket, almost 24hrs on no response from signed on mod.

Pretty crap experience so far.

PM them on social media like FB and see if this spurs action.

At least I know what happens if I also have to contact 'support' at this price :razz:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Play Store has Pixel XL stock including black 128gb gogggogooggogo

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You'll forgive me if I don't leap at the chance to pay at least $1237 for an android phone.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

You'll forgive me if I don't leap at the chance to pay at least $1237 for an android phone.

I forgive you.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Or just but like 2 oneplus threes and every accessory.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

CLAM DOWN posted:

Play Store has Pixel XL stock including black 128gb gogggogooggogo

That's a lot of money for a disposable android device with maybe 3 years of updates

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Risky Bisquick posted:

That's a lot of money for a disposable android device with maybe 3 years of updates

So don't get one, I also recommend not caring what other people spend their money on too, it'll make you happier.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Meats my kneeds!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

CLAM DOWN posted:

So don't get one, I also recommend not caring what other people spend their money on too, it'll make you happier.

I hope you enjoy it, hopefully this android phone doesn't explode

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Risky Bisquick posted:

drat operating systems always causing phones to blow up!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Risky Bisquick posted:

same :unsmith:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

JoelJoel posted:

Or just but like 2 oneplus threes and every accessory.

For your dollar, this is definitely the way to go. Been looking at some of the China brands too, but frankly for what most people need i would even think a OnePlus 1

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

w00tmonger posted:

For your dollar, this is definitely the way to go. Been looking at some of the China brands too, but frankly for what most people need i would even think a OnePlus 1

OnePlus makes great devices. When I had the one it was the best phone I'd ever had. Same for the three so far. If out can snag a one for a buck or two def go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Risky Bisquick posted:

At least I know what happens if I also have to contact 'support' at this price :razz:

Yep on social media was the only way to get a response. Surprising enough once in contact everything I didn't want to happen pretty much occurred.

So again it's probably a fine service long as you don't have issues, I'm just going to stick with Koodo.