Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
seven weird tricks to grow your teeth back (you won't believe mr. 3's)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

This arc is really pretty amazing. The setting and characters are distinct and memorable, and the situation is actually really harrowing and emotional. Neither Sanji nor Luffy are being dumb to drive the plot- they're just in a hosed up situation.

I like that Oda narrowed right in on the story he wanted to set up, and just stuck with it.

Brook is up to something, Chopper is trapped somewhere, Jinbei has his own drama, and even Caesar is... here. But we didn't get any of that, except for a brief Chopper cameo, for like five chapters as Oda concentrated on Luffy, Sanji, and Nami. That's the story here, and the focus is really working (in contrast to Dressrosa).

anime was right posted:

(you won't believe mr. 3's)
Yes I will. That's the only one I will believe.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

didnt he just make false teeth for himself out of wax? that's not all that hard to believe

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

anime was right posted:

maybe luffy gets his tooth back after eating sanji's weird superfood that he learned during the timeskip

That would be some toothsome meat indeed :haw:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
usopp had to get all his teeth back somehow

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

anime was right posted:

maybe luffy gets his tooth back after eating sanji's weird superfood that he learned during the timeskip

Chopper getting overshadowed at medicine again?

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Law Cheetah posted:

usopp had to get all his teeth back somehow

I just went to see that fight again, Usopp really lost a lot of teeth there!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
That chess army looks super neat, especially the two tall people which I assume are the king and queen. Also the way Judge says that the wedding will be a day no one forgets is such a cliche doublecross line, except I can't think of an actual doublecross that wouldn't end up with the Germa 66 getting plastered.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
I'm kinda hoping Sanji charms Big Mom with homemade sweets and sweet talk and gets her to turn against his family

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I hope the marriage happens, Pudding joins the crew and everyone has to listen to Sanji and her getting it in every night.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I hope Sanji marries Pudding, they take the handcuffs off of him, and he immediately Diable Jambes one/all of his brothers in the face

Judging by what pudding said, I think the handcuffs are meant to stay on indefinitely. They don't get removed after the ceremony.

Also Judge is definitely going to try to double cross Big Mom and will be summarily roasted.

What if the reason weather is so screwed up in the new world is because of Big Mom and her weather manipulation?

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

Crazyeyes posted:

Also Judge is definitely going to try to double cross Big Mom and will be summarily roasted.

I'm definitely getting the same vibe here, his whole "none of us will forget what happens tomorrow" definitely has a ring of "you won't enjoy it though".
I wouldn't be surprised if they are allied with Kaidou and they are using this marriage as a way to get to Big Mom, also her entire army is now facing Luffy, if Luffy drags this manhunt for a bit Big Mom will be alone during the wedding....

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Crazyeyes posted:

What if the reason weather is so screwed up in the new world is because of Big Mom and her weather manipulation?

That would be really dumb. Espescially because winter island and summer island and all that stuff. It just wouldn't fit at all.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pudding is the good cop to literally everyone else's bad cop. It's the good cop you have to be worried about since that guy is the real bastard.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Radish posted:

Pudding is the good cop to literally everyone else's bad cop. It's the good cop you have to be worried about since that guy is the real bastard.

Maybe, but we literally just had Sanji be manipulated by a stealth bad-guy (that he convinced to switch sides) at Dressrosa. I think it would be a lot more fun if, for example, Sanji and Pudding actually end up falling in love and they both end up on Luffy's ship. Especially if it cut down on Sanji hitting on every single woman he encounters.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Sanji focusing all his love and adoration on his wife instead of random women would be a nice bit of growth that would also make him seem like way less of a lech, I'm all for it

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah that would be cool actually. Pudding being "I'm SO sorry that I got you screwed over worse than when you started" while crying seems like she's playing into Sanji's most glaring weakness to avoid suspicion and pretty much everyone in Mom's family has been super loyal with the exception of her which is weird. She's basically coming off too nice and helpful.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The Good Ending for this arc is most definitely Jinbe coming back and he and Pudding both join the crew. The Neutral Ending would be if the two of them stayed behind as liaisons. Bad Ending is she's evil. Really don't want that to be a thing.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Radish posted:

Yeah that would be cool actually. Pudding being "I'm SO sorry that I got you screwed over worse than when you started" while crying seems like she's playing into Sanji's most glaring weakness to avoid suspicion and pretty much everyone in Mom's family has been super loyal with the exception of her which is weird. She's basically coming off too nice and helpful.

Not really? Lola and Praline aren't particularly loyal to Big Mom either.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
After they beat big mom it's going to disrupt her soul power and puddings soul will return to its original owner, turning pudding back into a non sentient big pile of pudding, which she is.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

don't be mean to sanji's wife

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

theghostpt posted:

I'm definitely getting the same vibe here, his whole "none of us will forget what happens tomorrow" definitely has a ring of "you won't enjoy it though".
I wouldn't be surprised if they are allied with Kaidou and they are using this marriage as a way to get to Big Mom, also her entire army is now facing Luffy, if Luffy drags this manhunt for a bit Big Mom will be alone during the wedding....

It's possible Judge is planning to assassinate her so he can get her Devil Fruit and use it to live forever, experiment with how souls interact with DNA, and so forth. (Incidentally, I just realized that there are 3 DFs that can allow the user to live indefinitely (Big Mom's, Sugar's, and Bonney's) and one that can grant eternal life to someone else (Law's).) How he would plan to assassinate her is the question. The element of surprise can only accomplish so much in One Piece; Squard was able to seriously injure Whitebeard, but not kill him. Maybe have Reiju poison her?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The Strawhats' roles here is to throw a spanner in the works. If Judge has plans, that will inevitably mean foiling them. So either this is going to be a three-way clusterfuck, or Luffy is about to have a Yonko indebted to him.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm wondering if we'll get some truly mind-blowing or even experimental use of frames and panels by the end, like when Luffy and co. finally find the One Piece or right as Luffy knocks out Blackbeard/Akainu for a quad-page pin-up cover.

Luffy awakens and the pages in Shonen Jump are printed on rubber and it smells awful

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Silver2195 posted:

It's possible Judge is planning to assassinate her so he can get her Devil Fruit and use it to live forever, experiment with how souls interact with DNA, and so forth. (Incidentally, I just realized that there are 3 DFs that can allow the user to live indefinitely (Big Mom's, Sugar's, and Bonney's) and one that can grant eternal life to someone else (Law's).) How he would plan to assassinate her is the question. The element of surprise can only accomplish so much in One Piece; Squard was able to seriously injure Whitebeard, but not kill him. Maybe have Reiju poison her?

There are four, don't forget Brooke! Although I'm not sure if he would live forever if he had been able to find his body before it became a skeleton.

Also probably Sengoku?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Begemot posted:

There are four, don't forget Brooke! Although I'm not sure if he would live forever if he had been able to find his body before it became a skeleton.

Also probably Sengoku?

I'm not sure about Brook. His phantom body parts, for lack of a better term, might still age. Or maybe his bones would wear away eventually (though he can heal them with milk to an extent, so maybe not?).

And definitely not Sengoku, unless he was quite old already when he ate his DF.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 3, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The way I see this arc ending is that Sanji and Pudding will probably stay engaged but put off the wedding until the end of the manga. The running joke for Sanji from this point on will be Sanji struggling to keep keep his ladykiller persona in check because he's already taken

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

U-DO Burger posted:

The way I see this arc ending is that Sanji and Pudding will probably stay engaged but put off the wedding until the end of the manga. The running joke for Sanji from this point on will be Sanji struggling to keep keep his ladykiller persona in check because he's already taken

women start hitting on him and because hes engaged he refuses to give in

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Brooke said his body turned to bones because he got lost in the fog as a soul and it took him several months to find himself. He can be considered immortal, no bones about it :yohoho:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Silver2195 posted:

Chopper getting overshadowed at medicine again?

chopper stopped being an actual character like a decade ago

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the straw hat pirates only ever do the most ridiculous thing in any situation, and everybody in this arc is stating repeatedly that after sanji weds it's over and there's no chance of him going back, so obviously the end result of this arc is going to be sanji getting married and then destroying the entire big mom pirates and germa 66 anyway

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Eiba posted:

This arc is really pretty amazing. The setting and characters are distinct and memorable, and the situation is actually really harrowing and emotional. Neither Sanji nor Luffy are being dumb to drive the plot- they're just in a hosed up situation.

I like that Oda narrowed right in on the story he wanted to set up, and just stuck with it.

Just a bit ago I wasn't v excited about this arc bc I thought it was just a retread of the Robin arc, but the neat twist of having Sanji WANT everything to be fixed while Luffy and Nami don't quite understand it is actually pretty interesting. It's also been moving pretty quickly, so we're not looking at 3 chapters of "Sanji nooooo "

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

He'll comically lose all interest in other women and take every opportunity to make his classic lovey dovey faces while gushing about his perfect fiancee

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Needs to be a special wedding issue that gets interrupted by Buggy.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Roth posted:

Needs to be a special wedding issue that gets interrupted by Buggy.

Buggy's delivery service delivers the cake

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Radish posted:

It's noteworthy that the moment she actually won Sanji over was totally unrehearsed - Sanji's clearly getting torn up inside by everyone just assuming he'll act a certain way because he's a son or a noble or whatever, forcing familial ties on him out of obligation and coercion, but then Pudding flips out and starts frantically apologizing because she just assumed he would want to be her husband. It's not the big teary eyes or the sympathy that touched him, it was the implication of a choice.

She could just be really drat good at manipulating people, but right now I think Pudding is legit. She's stuck out her neck way too many times in this arc already for this to all be some sort of grand plan to drive Sanji into Clan Charlotte's arms.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 4, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i dont really care if pudding is legit or not, but i could believe either side of the argument, which makes things more exciting. she lied about meeting sanji, so something weird has to be going on. maybe the blob dude has something to do with it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
who knows maybe sanji has a tiny shred of big mom's vivi card on him which is why she does what she did/is doing

i mean poo poo the homies and i think? the buried husband of big mom said all that poo poo cuz of the the vivre card

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
What if Pudding's personality changes when her third eye is exposed? Oda loves Dragon Ball, I think he'd definitely put a character like Launch/Lunch in at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
one piece is cool and great