Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Agents are GO! posted:

Je suis ne ce pas unne empty quote.

terrible french

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

WampaLord posted:

Seifer would be an alt-right fuckboi on Twitter nowadays.

Welp

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
FF9 is the only game that I've even bothered to purchase on steam and replay. It's that good.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Mr. Belding posted:

mcmagic is a good example of how anyone with a heterodox opinion gets dogpiled without anyone meaningfully engaging with their arguments.

They were engaged with repeatedly like... 6 months ago.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, I got that part, and that's fine. But it didn't really address the accusations that Hillary was unfair to her by simply being a defense attorney and vigorously defending her client within the boundaries of the law (at that time). And I still have no idea why this is news on 11/3.

Because the right is upset she didn't just lynch her client.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Belding posted:

mcmagic is a good example of how anyone with a heterodox opinion gets dogpiled without anyone meaningfully engaging with their arguments.

Okay. How did I not engage his arguments? I'm curious.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Augus posted:

much like Cloud Strife pretending to be a SOLDIER when he's actually a nerd.
it all fits together

Cloud actually did undergo Mako therapy and that's why he's crazy overpowered. Ramza has a broadsword and buttpants

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hot Take: Final Fantasy is an overrated franchise.

I thought hot takes were supposed to be contentious.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, I got that part, and that's fine. But it didn't really address the accusations that Hillary was unfair to her by simply being a defense attorney and vigorously defending her client within the boundaries of the law (at that time). And I still have no idea why this is news on 11/3.

Maybe I'm just flipping out.

yes

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:laffo: It's so perfect.

Muggsy
Mar 30, 2011
Mwahahaha... I have disguised myself as a little corncob, waiting for this moment!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

why the gently caress did zidane have a tail

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Xae posted:

Snes Ogre Battle was the best. Because the game punished you for winning.

Just like Hillary the people don't like someone constantly dunking on losers.

:potg:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

CommieGIR posted:

Because the right is upset she didn't just lynch her client.

Would the right support Hillary if she defended Trump in his child rape trial?

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost
Since when is Anime chat allowed in D&D?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
http://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2016/11/kellyanne-conway-wont-talk-about-katy

What a craven piece of poo poo.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

FizFashizzle posted:

why the gently caress did zidane have a tail

Perhaps if you played the game you would find out. It's a huge gigantic plot point that is central to the development of the character and world. BOOM!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

WampaLord posted:

:laffo: It's so perfect.

Milo doesn't have a cool scar so I'll give the point to Seifer

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Augus posted:

much like Cloud Strife pretending to be a SOLDIER when he's actually a nerd.
it all fits together

Date night with Barret is canon.

It's... arm canon.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I have an opinion on FF VII: Cloud's sword was a bit silly.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Agrajag posted:

Perhaps if you played the game you would find out. It's a huge gigantic plot point.

oh yeah wasn't he a clone or something

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Instant Sunrise posted:

makes all the worst decisions in 3.

The worst decision you can make in Mass Effect 3 is playing the game

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

water wet

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The GIG posted:

FFX-2 is the secret best FF.

Unironically this. I loved how the world developed and became a bit more lighthearted but also more political, after the doom whale was dead. And the combat is really dynamic and fun. A lot of the same things which were finally done right in XIII-3 were done right in X-2 first.

But 7 is literally the worst RPG! :colbert:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Boot and Rally posted:

You haven't played much D&D I guess.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Tom Guycot posted:

I have an opinion on FF VII: Cloud's sword was a bit silly.

The true ultimate sword was his hair but he never thought to use it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Belding posted:

His argument was that in a world where things are different, things would be different. I'm not sure how meaningfully you can engage with that

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Samuel Clemens posted:

Would the right support Hillary if she defended Trump in his child rape trial?

Hillary would be a meek defense attorney who can't do anything while Trump would stand up for himself like the badass dominant man he is

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
Let's dispense with any last pretenses of civility. Chrono Cross is better than Chrono Trigger.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Antti posted:

No, you silly. The Cubs winning means Hillary finally got her hands on a genie's lamp. We now know two of her wishes.

Monkey paw. The Cubs won in the most cardiac-wrecking manner, and the election...well.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Xae posted:

Snes Ogre Battle was the best. Because the game punished you for winning.

it really doesn't, it just obfuscates its system too obnoxiously. It hides that reputation is tied behind the alignment of the troops liberating towns. You can have maxed out rep and get super righteous endings and have ultraevil soul-less unkillable deathsquads wasting the enemy so long as they don't liberate towns.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My favorite Final Fantasy characters are Iolo and Shamino.

The best moment though was in earlier games when I stole the ship in Castle Britain and shot its cannon at Lord British until he died. That was a pretty rad little easter egg.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boot and Rally posted:

What is everybody watching this season? I'm enjoying All Out, Long Riders, and the second season of Iron-Blooded Orphans. Rugby, bicycling, and giant robots, everything I want in anime

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Castomira posted:

Let's dispense with any last pretenses of civility. Chrono Cross is better than Chrono Trigger.

:eyepop:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Castomira posted:

Someone call the Geneva Convention.

This is a crime against human dignity.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Castomira posted:

gently caress oyu

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Phone posted:

Post your materia map, you crystal loving moron.

I don't know what a materia is. I wouldn't play a FF game ending with a number other than 6.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The worst decision you can make in Mass Effect 3 is playing the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43aiS8xmAns&t=55s

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Castomira posted:

You are better than Chrono Trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chrono Cross expected me to believe that Lucca, who had the ability to THROW ATOMIC FIRE AT WILL and killed a timeless alien evil sent to destroy the earth WITH A WOODEN HAMMER could get beaten by a cat dude and a loving clown

Chrono Cross was bullshit

• Locked thread