Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

AgentJotun posted:

Controversial opinion time - The Schumacher camp does sort of have an obligation to Michaels fans for more information about his condition. Its been almost three years now shrouded in secrecy. Yeh right to privacy blah blah blah, but the hundreds of millions of dollars Schumi made were because he was a public figure! Even at the time of his injury he was still collecting paychecks as a brand ambassador for probably about 20 different things.

Doesn't need to be a full access, cameras at his home, interview with him (not that we know either way if he is even actually able to do one). Just an official statement with a bit more detail on his condition will do. Or will the next statement end up just being one announcing he has died? The unofficial reports seem to go from extremely grim all the way to 'is walking with assistance.' Some might say its none of the public's business, but when you have made yourself a public figure it in a way does become public business.

He's dead. hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I don't think the public has any right whatsoever to know more about his condition. If it was me I'd hate to have the public constantly digging into my personal business. Let them know I had an accident, that injuries were serious and that's it. If I recovered, I'd make a statement, if I died, let them know in dead. They don't need to know the details, it's none of their business.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

AgentJotun posted:

Asperger_syndrome.txt

Jesus Christ dude :stare:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

loving those Mediterranean eyebrows

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Are Gilles is rolling in his grave right now.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Kimi being interviewed by Juan in Mexico: https://vimeo.com/190004755

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Sweet jesus those eyebrows are going to need a car of their own

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

AgentJotun posted:

Controversial opinion time - The Schumacher camp does sort of have an obligation to Michaels fans for more information about his condition. Its been almost three years now shrouded in secrecy. Yeh right to privacy blah blah blah, but the hundreds of millions of dollars Schumi made were because he was a public figure! Even at the time of his injury he was still collecting paychecks as a brand ambassador for probably about 20 different things.

Doesn't need to be a full access, cameras at his home, interview with him (not that we know either way if he is even actually able to do one). Just an official statement with a bit more detail on his condition will do. Or will the next statement end up just being one announcing he has died? The unofficial reports seem to go from extremely grim all the way to 'is walking with assistance.' Some might say its none of the public's business, but when you have made yourself a public figure it in a way does become public business.

Sorry dude but a dying guy has a right to privacy. Do you want a live stream of him drooling or something?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Halo14 posted:

Ross Brawn denies Formula 1 job speculation

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37847748

That is a pretty good non-denial.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I mean really the dude was in a medically induced coma for 8 months, was "woken up" and for the next three year hasn't been seen in public or made any sort of a statement. It's not that difficult to read between the lines on this one.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I expect Schumacher to be installed in the pit garage in a glass case, Lenin-style, when his son is inevitably gifted an F1 seat for a season

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

enri posted:

Sweet jesus those eyebrows are going to need a car of their own

By this logic, Mansell should have had an entire extra team and 2 cars for his eyebrows.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Powershift posted:

I wish some of the backmarkers would go nuts with some crazy asymetrical livery. Sauber and Manor just look like no-name dollar store toys. There's nothing memorable about them in look or performance.

I honestly think Manor have one of the nicest liveries on the grid. The Sauber on the other hand...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

And they didn't even have to pay royalties to Gulf.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Tsaedje posted:

I expect Schumacher to be installed in the pit garage in a glass case, Lenin-style, when his son is inevitably gifted an F1 seat for a season

and FOM will cut to him twenty times during a race right when something interesting is happening on track. He'll have ear defenders on too.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like Sauber's scheme.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

learnincurve posted:

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Romanes eunt domus

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Seriously this Montrealese doormat better not be too good.

My girlfriend is from Montreal and I'm Belgian, and if Vandoorne ends up behind this wind muff I'll never here the end of it.
Luckily he's driving a williams. Let's hope mclaren does something right next year.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ricciardo complaining about Vettel's swearing is a bit rich...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nbftudm2D0

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

mrfart posted:

Seriously this Montrealese doormat better not be too good.

My girlfriend is from Montreal and I'm Belgian, and if Vandoorne ends up behind this wind muff I'll never here the end of it.
Luckily he's driving a williams. Let's hope mclaren does something right next year.

Brow game's strong, I'd be worried.

Also wind...muff? :raise: is that like a queef?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

wuffles posted:

Brow game's strong, I'd be worried.

Also wind...muff? :raise: is that like a queef?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

AgentJotun posted:

some poo poo

Couldn't source this quote.
In which case you should smash your head against a rock a few times then maybe make a twitch channel so we can all see what it's like?
Your baying public demands it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Ricciardo complaining about Vettel's swearing is a bit rich...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nbftudm2D0

The difference is Ricciardo was right

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

That implies Charlie shouldn't gently caress off?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Nill posted:

That implies Charlie shouldn't gently caress off?

I have nothing against Chalie Whiting, and Kimi is a tremendous bellend

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Tsaedje posted:

I have nothing against Chalie Whiting, and Kimi is a tremendous bellend

This, but the exact opposite.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Not a good crash. :nms:

Whole lotta screwing up going on here.

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 4, 2016

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

EoRaptor posted:

Whole lotta screwing up going on here.

Did not need to see that again. :(

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Stroll hasn't turned a wheel yet and is already on the defensive.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Human Grand Prix posted:

He has a stupid name, I hate him already.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Did not need to see that again. :(

Yeah, I don't want snuff films embedded in my F1 thread, thanks, EoRaptor can you /spoiler + NMS that or something.

e: thank you.

Roller Coast Guard fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 4, 2016

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

El Hefe posted:

He has a stupid name, I hate him already.

Lance Troll

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I don't know why Williams keeps insisting that they don't employ pay drivers when it's very clear that they are.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I really don't think he should be leapfrogging GP2. Hopefully he does well, but he might get chewed up in F1 due to lack of experience.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If I recall, the superlicense points you get for high finishes in GP3 are exactly the same as in GP2.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Yeah, I don't want snuff films embedded in my F1 thread, thanks, EoRaptor can you /spoiler + NMS that or something.

Yeah I hadn't seen it before, kinda wish I didn't now :(

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Yeah please get that out of the thread, ta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
How about a super pic? This is Seb, he's Super

• Locked thread