Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
What does joining faction do? Just change your appearence?

Also besides unlocking titans early what's a good thing to spend credits on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AirRaid posted:

It's almost like they are balanced. :v:

Yes, that was the gist of my post. :v:

Also where the hell do you guys play, the pcgaming Discord is always empty in UK evenings.

Yodzilla posted:

Not even. Factions are your announcers, so they control which NPC is in the dropship at the start and the various announcer lines you get during the game.

Stuff unlocked with credits persists when you prestige, so go ahead and use them on whatever boosts or weapons you like the look of.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 3, 2016

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yes, that was the gist of my post. :v:

Also where the hell do you guys play, the pcgaming Discord is always empty in UK evenings.

Reticulated Splines Discord (in the OP) has a pretty frequent party running UK evenings.

e: But to join us you must use the Thunderbolt :colbert:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Conot posted:

Reticulated Splines Discord (in the OP) has a pretty frequent party running UK evenings.

Missed it buried below all the trailers - thanks.

Also it's hosed up they didn't call it the Thunderball.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Jesus, how are you guys G2 and G3 already? I've been playing the poo poo out of this since release and changing up my loadouts constantly, but I'm still only at like level 31.

Also xbone people should join the network Wazzit set up - Boy Team Super Xtreme. Feel free to add me, too - GT is same as my forums name.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Lemon-Lime posted:

Not even. Factions are your announcers, so they control which NPC is in the dropship at the start and the various announcer lines you get during the game.

Stuff unlocked with credits persists when you prestige, so go ahead and use them on whatever boosts or weapons you like the look of.

Boy that seems like a missed opportunity with the factions then. Good to know about the credits, I kind of like a system where you can save things from being wiped when you prestige.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Xboners add me as well please. ConcernedReader. I can sorta shootgun but mostly just have jumpfun. Gonna go through and try to add everyone later tonight after work.

The BOYS will be STRONG

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, I would have preferred if factions controlled your pilot appearance rather than perks, I'd rather not have a gross fur collar when I have Cloak or be forced to be a robot to have Phase Shift.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Yodzilla posted:

Also you can spend credits on going into coliseum, so that you can get advocate gifts which I don't believe are items that reset upon regen'ing or you can win more credits to ummmmm do more coliseum so that you can get more credits to do more coliseum.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, I would have preferred if factions controlled your pilot appearance rather than perks, I'd rather not have a gross fur collar when I have Cloak or be forced to be a robot to have Phase Shift.

That would have been a way better choice. I'd still be a robot cos I quite like Ash's announcements. Short and to the point. Even if she can't say "C" properly. Always sounds like B :argh:

Also hell yes get on Splines in the evenings, there's usually a handful of us.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Finally G2.0'd my alternator so I have a cool pro screen now :3:

The only other weapon I use is the Devotion + Pulse Knife and occasionally the autoshotty + stimpak

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I initially thought it was stupid your Faction didn't change your appearance, but I assume this was done so you know what perk your opponent is running.

Fat guy? Cloak. Robot? Stim.

From a game design perspective it actually makes a lot of sense.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Archer is now my highest leveled weapon.

Also hi FischenKatze, whoever you are on SA, if you actually are on here :v:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Sab669 posted:

I initially thought it was stupid your Faction didn't change your appearance, but I assume this was done so you know what perk your opponent is running.

Fat guy? Cloak. Robot? Stim.

From a game design perspective it actually makes a lot of sense.

Some of them are too close visually for me, like stim and phase shift.

Also, robot pilots getting stim ruins MY IMMERSION.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hackan Slash posted:

Myomer, son!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I hope they're gonna tweak the Devotion, because that gun's some poo poo right now.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Elliotw2 posted:

I hope they're gonna tweak the Devotion, because that gun's some poo poo right now.

All the LMG's are garbage, but that one is super garbage. What's it's supposed to be used for, shooting Titan's from behind a wall? I think it's the worst anti-pilot gun in the game.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I cannot defend my baby but I also love it so dearly

I am devoted to the Devotion

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Elliotw2 posted:

Is that the LMG that speeds up? If so, yes.

What level do guns and Titans regen? 20?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Hackan Slash posted:

All the LMG's are garbage, but that one is super garbage. What's it's supposed to be used for, shooting Titan's from behind a wall? I think it's the worst anti-pilot gun in the game.

It's basically a spooled up laser beam sniper rifle.

You get it going and then laser-bullet-hose guys across the map with it. There's no escape, it's pinpoint accurate and 3 bullets kill a dude.

It also murders Titans if you can hit the weak spot with half a clip. Does like half a bar of damage IIRC.

It's also good at killing AI in Attrition and ESPECIALLY Bounty Hunt.

It also kills in one bullet to the head, I think (I've won a couple of short range fights like that, due to luck)

It's just a really hard gun to use right. Use it like a sniper rifle, and understand that if you get caught in close quarters you're dead.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Snuffman posted:

Is that the LMG that speeds up? If so, yes.

What level do guns and Titans regen? 20?

Yes

Orv
May 4, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You get it going and then laser-bullet-hose guys across the map with it. There's no escape, it's pinpoint accurate and 3 bullets kill a dude.

It also murders Titans if you can hit the weak spot with half a clip. Does like half a bar of damage IIRC.

It also kills in one bullet to the head, I think (I've won a couple of short range fights like that, due to luck)

It's just a really hard gun to use right. Use it like a sniper rifle, and understand that if you get caught in close quarters you're dead.

I saw a guy do really, really uncool things with map hack, sonar pulse and the Devotion earlier this morning. Like, 31/4/40 or something like that. It was upsetting.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

This is the stuff they need to tweak because getting sniped by a loving LMG with a big magazine is unfun.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Elliotw2 posted:

This is the stuff they need to tweak because getting sniped by a loving LMG with a big magazine is unfun.

The gradually-increasing volume of bullets heading in your direction is more of a warning than you get with the Kraber and DMR. There's a good 1.5 seconds to pop a Stim, Phase Shift, throw up an Amped Wall, literally anything. But if they get it spooled up then yeah, you're gonna have a bad day.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I think I've got my G2 up to G2.4 now. I don't know why I love that gun so much, but it seems to be working for me.

I really want to like the Wingman, but everything it does is done better by the Mozambique shotgun pistol thing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Extra Ammo counts:

ARs
R-201: 24/30
Hemlok: 24/30
G2: 14/?
Flatline: 30/?

SMGs
CAR: 30/?
Alternator: 20/?
Volt: 33/40
R-97: 40/?

LMGs
Spitfire: 80/?
L-Star: 35/? (sequential shots before overheat)
Devotion: 55/66

Shotguns
EVA-8: 6/10
Mastiff: 4/?

Snipers
Kraber: 4/?
Double Take: 12/? (effectively 6/?)
DMR: 6/?

Launchers
Sidewinder: 20/25
EPG: 5/8
Softball: 6/?
Cold War: 12/?

Pistols
Hammond: 12/?
Mozambique: 4/7
RE-45: 20/?

Anti-Titan
Charge Rifle: reserve 20/25
MGL: 6/8
Thunderball: reserve 6/8
Archer: reserve 6/8

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 3, 2016

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Prophecy120 posted:

Haven't seen this posted yet, but PS4 goons seem to have a network to join.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/12471/

Search for [GOON] Something Awful

I occasionally switch to that network to get my happy hour, it's pretty much always at 0 online though.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Carecat posted:

Netcode is only a 20Hz rate server->client. Delay is actually worse than Black Ops 3 which had garbage netcode. At 0 ping delay on gunfire is 88ms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DfqxpNrXFw&t=227s

Not to be nitpicky, but it only has worse delay in terms of the netcode showing gunfire (which definitely seems bugged). Player movement delay is actually considerably better than Black Ops 3 and better than many other titles from last year as well.

It still falls short of overwatch (after the tick rate patch), battlefield 1 (~15 ms slower), and cs go of course, but its miles ahead of TF1.

Voliun
May 31, 2012
More codes for more XP.

BAY7ZHC7AZ
N7C6KYA7FC
LK6TPXKZ7M
NXFC7YMTAX

Edit: Alll gone.

Voliun fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 3, 2016

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Took the last one, thanks.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

discworld is all I read posted:

Also you can spend credits on going into coliseum, so that you can get advocate gifts which I don't believe are items that reset upon regen'ing or you can win more credits to ummmmm do more coliseum so that you can get more credits to do more coliseum.

How is the coliseum? It's just "1v1 Me Bitch" for rewards right?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

I agree, it's just my guess.

And you're right, it should be renamed Overclocked Leg Motors :colbert:

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

How is the coliseum? It's just "1v1 Me Bitch" for rewards right?

It's kind of funny. You get phase shift, a grenade launcher, and that laser beam anti-titan gun, so you both end up bunny hopping around trying to land a shot like it's Quake or some poo poo.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Voliun posted:

More codes for more XP.

BAY7ZHC7AZ
N7C6KYA7FC
LK6TPXKZ7M
NXFC7YMTAX

Took the first one, thanks

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

It's kind of funny. You get phase shift, a grenade launcher, and that laser beam anti-titan gun, so you both end up bunny hopping around trying to land a shot like it's Quake or some poo poo.

You get the EPG, specifically, so it really is like a mini match of tribes.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Voliun posted:

More codes for more XP.

BAY7ZHC7AZ
N7C6KYA7FC
LK6TPXKZ7M
NXFC7YMTAX

Took the 2nd one, thanks!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Hulk Krogan posted:

Haha sweet, I'll have to give that a shot.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.
I love this loving game.

https://gfycat.com/FarPassionateArmyworm

Exhibit no restraint is loving right.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Voliun posted:

More codes for more XP.

BAY7ZHC7AZ
N7C6KYA7FC
LK6TPXKZ7M
NXFC7YMTAX

Took the third one, thanks.

I think they're all gone now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Just tried out the R-97 for run n' gun SMG hip spraying. Not great. Seems to either come down to its low accuracy or low damage, and the high fire rate doesn't make up for those shortcomings when compared to the Alternator.