Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That talon E is pretty neat. You already had to deal with a similar thing with Bard, so it's not entirely new. I really like the idea that the cooldown applies to specific terrain, not just the ability. More things that work on target-based cooldowns would be good, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ArbitraryC posted:

I can sort of see the argument that given time for infinite scaling nasus's q should be a better execute than smite but there's really no reason not to have both. Plus since he isn't laning and can't just splitpush forever i imagine he won't stack the q that fast.

You need smite to get gromp bonus, which is essential for a tank, and raptor bonus, which is also absolutely essential to get often as a jungler. It's a horrible idea.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ArbitraryC posted:

I can sort of see the argument that given time for infinite scaling nasus's q should be a better execute than smite but there's really no reason not to have both. Plus since he isn't laning and can't just splitpush forever i imagine he won't stack the q that fast.

Most of the builds I'm looking at now on probuilds seems to be laning sin e none of them take the jungling items or smite

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Most of the builds I'm looking at now on probuilds seems to be laning sin e none of them take the jungling items or smite

Nasus jungle is also inferior in almost every way vs. his laning so that explains why

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Again, if you don't take smite, you won't get any jungle items which means you won't get any bonus XP or health regeneration and you're completely hosed early-mid game. Always, always take smite if you're jungling. There's no way to jungle without it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Also you need Smite to finish off potentially contested Drakes/Baron and as stated it's dumb af not to take it when jungling

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Primetime posted:

Nasus jungle is also inferior in almost every way vs. his laning so that explains why

oh

well that explains that

stump collector
May 28, 2007
and you can't buy the jungle items without smite so you will never be a factor in any game

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

nasus jungle was extremely good for a while before his wither got gutted. now he is a sad dog whose utility no longer justifies him in the slot.

even back then he took smite though

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
He was a good jungler because he could solo drake and his wither was disgustingly overpowered at the time and would work better than exhaust. There's a handful of champions that can solo drake now without giving up any early game pressure

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Gripen5 posted:

Tell me more. I am willing to give this a try. Is the full sheen item Lich Bane (for +AP) or still Trinity? Do you then build tanky? Does being AP make crit less useful? Do you even bother with Tiamat? Boot recommendation (magic pen, swiftness, mobis?)? Is this worth screwing around with before the patch drops (seems like a "hell yes")?

Sorry if some of these questions sound dumb, I have only played a few Shaco games, so I am new to it all.

Lichbane yes, dont bother with tiamat personally, and the main "tanky" items i get are protobelt to make the burst combo meaner and liandrys for the burn

Its a bit of a squishy build but AP Shaco has a fundamentally different role than AD Shaco in that AP Shaco is very much a hit and run champ, you want to poke and annoy with your E until you see an opening and take it

You are not as good at split pushing, so instead you have to be everywhere on the map at once, an easy thing with mob boots and two of those movespeed boosting AP items

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

nasus jungle is viable right now, 3 points in E then max Q, red smite runic echoes -> protobelt or gunblade -> ap health items

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well also probably with smite

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Apparently I landed an "IMPOSSIBLE" Lux R on some dipshit Renekton in ARAM and am therefore scripting. And should kill myself. Good thing that telling someone to kill themselves is a surefire way to get banned from video games, just ask The Mittani.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirtar posted:

Apparently I landed an "IMPOSSIBLE" Lux R on some dipshit Renekton in ARAM and am therefore scripting. And should kill myself. Good thing that telling someone to kill themselves is a surefire way to get banned from video games, just ask The Mittani.

The Mittani river, located in the Tier Lands, has been running an EVE online clan with several other rivers for many years now

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Lux is a surprisingly fun champion to play I gotta say, she was one of my picks in my quest for boxes but I ended up really liking her as a pick in norms. Her kit has a lot of fun stuff in it and her passive makes for a unique playstyle. Also sniping the adc over and over again with your ult like an rear end in a top hat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
apparently my theory that if you have a fully stacked mejajs, you get an instant s is wrong. you can walk off with only three deaths and 24 assists and still only get an a. whatever!!!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know it's kind of in the middle of off hours for basically everyone except SEA, but I should not be having this much trouble finding a solo queue normal draft, even queueing top/mid with a last game support guarantee.

E: It was around 50 minutes of queueing total with one restart at 20 minutes before I got a game. Bitch on the internet, solves everything.

Orv fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 3, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

Sejuani early clears gonna be real lovely with single monster camps/no gromp buff

I can't imagine tank junglers are going to fare well with the loss of gromp buff and single target buffs that are more punishing if stolen without 50% of the exp being in the two little guys.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The thing that confuses me the most is that previously more exp was put into the little guys specifically to avoid one jungler snowballing and the other helplessly falling behind.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Safety Scissors posted:

The thing that confuses me the most is that previously more exp was put into the little guys specifically to avoid one jungler snowballing and the other helplessly falling behind.

I will laugh when 6.66 nunu becomes memorialized with 4.20 weedwick

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
OK I got gold again. 4 straight season of being gold. I should probably try for plat one day.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RC Cola posted:

OK I got gold again. 4 straight season of being gold. I should probably try for plat one day.

its not very hard

do it up son

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RC Cola posted:

same here dude :(

maybe one day i'll be half decent..

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

support ezreal

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Radical posted:

support ezreal

Nah, go for Caitlyn. She has a snare and slow in her kit, and her passive works well for being a jerk from brushes during laning phase.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Radical posted:

support ezreal

never looks at the god drat map

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

we didnt win

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Third game in a row that I lost because "push mid and finish". Guess what, you cannot finish the game if all 5 of them are waiting there and our teamfights are dodgy at best.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Was looking at some champ.gg stats and found Support Annie: The Summary

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
not my fault if people aren't playing tanky support annie

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Thornmail/liandrys/sunfire flame shield max first Annie in ARAM is some of the most fun you can have in ARAM imo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

Was looking at some champ.gg stats and found Support Annie: The Summary

I just played her for the first time, got S- and am never gonna touch her again haha.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i don't think im going to hit diamond this season because i have like 60 ranked games total and i don't have time to play more than 1 or 2 games a week usually.

im going to spam morgana tomorrow since i'm off and try to get from p1 0lp to d5.

wish me luck

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I just played her for the first time, got S- and am never gonna touch her again haha.

Yeah, I played Support Annie once, got my S and moved on. She's not a fun support to play either.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
@methanar The cancer is back

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i don't think im going to hit diamond this season because i have like 60 ranked games total and i don't have time to play more than 1 or 2 games a week usually.

im going to spam morgana tomorrow since i'm off and try to get from p1 0lp to d5.

wish me luck

you can do it I also believe in the power of spooky dress lady

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

@methanar The cancer is back

mid kog is the worst I need to start playing it

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i played some ziggs last night and basically had the easiest games of my life. ive been meaning to play some kog mid but the opportunity has not presented itself (that is to say, an opportunity where i remember to pick it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Somewhat interesting admission by Meddler:

quote:

Both Kalista and Azir are representative of a period where in hindsight I think we tunnel visioned too much on uniqueness at the expense of some aspects of game health (overloaded kits) and skill floors. That's resulted in some champs who have really cool stuff on their kits, but have been challenges to balance for regular play versus top tier play. My take is that there are solid concepts there, but that the execution on them needs some work (reducing unnecessary strengths primarily, and putting that power into other parts of the kit, giving clearer weaknesses to play around).

I assume Yasuo fits into this, as well. I'm glad that they've been toning it down with recent releases like Yorick and Ivern, where they have unique mechanics without going completely overboard on what they can do, but it makes me wonder how they'll "fix" Kalista/Azir without losing whatever people enjoyed about them.

• Locked thread